Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

#inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! (1516 Views)

See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Corruption Is Worst Under Buhari... Transparency International / Emmanuel Ikechukwu, RCCG Pastor, Declares For Presidency Under Obasanjo’s ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by dmighty: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Here are the Inflation values for every month since 1999 till date.
What can you see from all these?

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by dmighty: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2018
#InflationRate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by ChaleeBendel: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Dullard won this one not Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by dmighty: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2018
#InflationRate in Nigeria continues

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by dmighty: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2018
#InflationRate in Nigeria data

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by tribalistseun: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2018
Buhari is useless

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by dmighty: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2018
#InflationRate in Nigeria as it is...

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by SalamRushdie: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2018
So how does this absolve Buhari of incompetence

4 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2018
dmighty:
#InflationRate in Nigeria as it is...

While high inflation is always bad, but what causes the high inflation is more telling of the welfare of people than just the mere presence of high inflation.

There are 2 types of inflation
Demand pull: occurs when the masses are getting richer and the economy does not have enough goods to meet demand to producers increase prices to meet a balance with supply. Obasanjo era.

Cost push: Local currency (naira) loses value increasing the cost of purchasing raw materials and finished goods. Prices rise as a result of a devaluation of the currency, pushing the cost of imported goods higher. Buhari era.

5 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by tuniski: 11:42am On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

While high inflation is always bad, but what causes the high inflation is more telling of the welfare of people than just the mere presence of high inflation.

Demand pull: occurs when the masses are getting richer and the economy does not have enough goods to meet demand to producers increase prices to meet a balance with supply. Obasanjo era.

Cost push: Local currency (naira) loses value increasing the cost of purchasing raw materials and finished goods. Prices rise as a result of a devaluation of the currency, pushing the cost of imported goods higher. Buhari era.
Your head is Very correct.

2 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by buhariguy(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2018
Thief obasanjo said buhari is not good in economy,
And buhari is doing better than thief OBJ in all ramification.
SalamRushdie:
So how does this absolve Buhari of incompetence

4 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2018
tuniski:

Your head is Very correct.

Just join me and vote a youth. That is all Nigeria needs of you
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by tuniski: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

Just join me and vote a youth. That is all Nigeria needs of you
On that you are on Your own!

3 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
tuniski:

My man, you can be a secret supporter. Just create another profile. We, the youths, need all the help we can get.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by SillyMods: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Children of hate, anger and frustration won't even notice that their real tormentors did worse when they could have done better.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief obasanjo said buhari is not good in economy,
And buhari is doing better than thief OBJ in all ramification.

So you can actually write a whole post without writing IPOB or PIG. I am shocked.

Please name the industry Buhari has impacted similar to how Obasanjo impacted the banking and Telecoms industries.
Please do not mention rice production because we all know rice is being smuggled through Benin Republic.

5 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by IBBG(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

God bless you for this analysis. their propaganda won't fly. I always say i prefer i a demand pull inflation than a cost push inflation. because a demand pull inflation encourages investors to invest because of a readily available market willing to buy. But a cost push inflation discourages investments, because cost of production makes it unreasonable to invest, and morever who will buy at such an exhobitant price?

6 Likes

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
IBBG:
God bless you for this analysis. their propaganda won't fly. I always say i prefer i a demand pull inflation than a cost push inflation. because a demand pull inflation encourages investors to invest because of a readily available market willing to buy. But a cost push inflation discourages investments, because cost of production makes it unreasonable to invest, and morever who will buy at such an exhobitant price?
Correct man
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by buhariguy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

So you can actually write a whole post without writing IPOB or PIG. I am shocked.

Please name the industry Buhari has impacted similar to how Obasanjo impacted the banking and Telecoms industries.
Please do not mention rice production because we all know rice is being smuggled through Benin Republic.
bank capitalisation of 25b naira by soludo is now achievement.
And signing of paper for telecommunications is also an achievement.
I pity idiotic pigs of Biafra,
This is the same thief OBJ they used to insult, so just because of the hatred for buhari, they are now praising thief OBJ that failed in 8yrs over buhari that has perform more than thief OBJ in 3yrs.

The achievement of TSA surpass the gain of 25b bank capitalisation.

Buhari has improve on financial sector and telecommunications sector.

The digitalisation of our television from analog should also be counted as buhari achievement if by signing of Mtn and econet paper is an achievement.

That also mean buhari has perform more by signing railway contract.

No sector buhari have improve,
From aviation to agriculture, from railway, roads and power, even to prison reform.

In agriculture sector alone, we don't import fertilizer, we produce fertilizer.
About six fertilizer plant were revitalized last year.

Abeg,
buhari till 2023
trillville:

What has Buhari signed?

Without Obasanjo signing papers, would you be able to call him a thief online now. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Igbos overwhelming voted for PDP in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015.

A few Igbos insulting Obasanjo does not mean that majority of Igbos hate him.

The TSA and BVN are good policies but he can still do better. How many banking and Telecom jobs have been created? Etisalat just went bankrupt.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
buhariguy:
And signing of paper for telecommunications

What has Buhari signed?

Without Obasanjo signing papers, would you be able to call him a thief online now. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Igbos overwhelming voted for PDP in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015.

A few Igbos insulting Obasanjo does not mean that majority of Igbos hate him.

The TSA and BVN are good policies but he can still do better. How many banking and Telecom jobs have been created? Etisalat just went bankrupt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by Sirjamo: 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
And Jonathan always lie to his wailing zombies that he kept inflation rate at single digit through out his six useless years of misrule.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by grandstar(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Simpy stating inflation was high without providing the reasons behind it is just lame.

I can understand the high inflation rate early in his first term.

During the Abacha era, inflation stayed lowed because government spending was just too low. OBJ upon assumption of power reflated the economy and that might have explained the high inflation rate that followed it.

But that just explains the early part.

The truth is that Nigeria is a natural candidate for high inflation because of the Naira substitution policy where dollar income from oil sale is subsituted to Naira and then paid to the 3 tiers of governments as their allocations each month. This disbursement swells the money supply leading to excess money and attendant high inflation.

Soludo wanted to end it by using dollar certificates redeemable at any Nigerian bank but the governors pleaded with Yar' Adua to scuttle it as they did not understand it. Henry Boyo has been crying out about the need to end the substitution policy for years now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by tuniski: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

My man, you can be a secret supporter. Just create another profile. We, the youths, need all the help we can get.

I had rathe not vote than take the risk and uncertainty of untested youth, Knowing the dictate of democracy and the undercurrents of our nation!
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
tuniski:

I had rathe not vote than take the risk and uncertainty of untested youth, Knowing the dictate of democracy and the undercurrents of our nation!

So you are choosing the devil (Atiku) you know over the angel (Sowore) you do not know.

Sowore is 47 years old. My late father lived a rich and successful life but died at 47. The average life expectancy for Nigerians is 53. In fact, only the rich elitist like Atiku and Buhari can afford to get quality healthcare so they live long. If I had a heart attack now, chances are that I would be dead before morning. This is a fact of life in Nigeria.

Please choose wisely.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by Ratello: 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
tuniski:

trillville is a brother but on this one, he is truly on his own.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ratello:

trillville is a brother but on this one, he is truly on his own.

Haba Ratello, et tu Ratello?
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by Ratello: 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

Haba Ratello, et tu Ratello?

grin cheesy cheesy grin yes na
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by Igba123: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
buhariguy:
And signing of paper for telecommunications is also an achievement.
I pity idiotic pigs of Biafra,
This is the same thief OBJ they used to insult, so just because of the hatred for buhari, they are now praising thief OBJ that failed in 8yrs over buhari that has perform more than thief OBJ in 3yrs.

The achievement of TSA surpass the gain of 25b bank capitalisation.

Buhari has improve on financial sector and telecommunications sector.

The digitalisation of our television from analog should also be counted as buhari achievement if by signing of Mtn and econet paper is an achievement.

That also mean buhari has perform more by signing railway contract.

No sector buhari have improve,
From aviation to agriculture, from railway, roads and power, even to prison reform.

In agriculture sector alone, we don't import fertilizer, we produce fertilizer.
About six fertilizer plant were revitalized last year.

Abeg,
buhari till 2023
witout last admin there won't b TSA n BVN, or anything like dem. Dis admin can't think up or initiate even a meaningless policy cos of dead brains.
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by tuniski: 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

So you are choosing the devil (Atiku) you know over the angel (Sowore) you do not know.

Sowore is 47 years old. My late father lived a rich and successful life but died at 47. The average life expectancy for Nigerians is 53. In fact, only the rich elitist like Atiku and Buhari can afford to get quality healthcare so they live long. If I had a heart attack now, chances are that I would be dead before morning. This is a fact of life in Nigeria.

Please choose wisely.
Death comes when he does. However, Sowore and all the rest young goons ain't even reading the political climate well. The presidency will remain in the north!
Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by trillville(m): 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
tuniski:

Death comes when he does. However, Sowore and all the rest young goons ain't even reading the political climate well. The presidency will remain in the north!

But why. Are all Nigerians allergic to development?

1 Like

Re: #inflationrate In Nigeria Since 1999.....the WORST Under Obasanjo! by omohayek: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
trillville:

But why. Are all Nigerians allergic to development?
Most Nigerians are too tribalistic and poorly educated to care about anything other than whether a candidate shares their religion and ethnicity, even if Nigerian history show no instances of that ever delivering peace and prosperity to the winner's "kinsmen". Shallow identity politics is all the vast majority of Nigerians seem to care about at the polls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Face Of ‘police Assassin’ At Kayode Fayemi’s Reception / Operation Show Your Pvc (picture) / Is Buhari The Biggest Conman In Nigeria's History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.