Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

”I Have No Strong Opponent Come 2019” – Darlington Chimezie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ”I Have No Strong Opponent Come 2019” – Darlington Chimezie (495 Views)

Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy / PDP Has No Strong Grounds To Upturn Fayemi’s Victory, Says APC Chieftain / Justice Nyako Transfers Bright Chimezie Ishinwa From DSS Custody To Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

”I Have No Strong Opponent Come 2019” – Darlington Chimezie by divineneed: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Chief Darlington Chimezie, the CEO Casa Mimosa and Faith Of Darlington Foundation, who has declared his intention to run for the Ikeduru state constituency under the All Progressive Congress (APC) in an exclusive interview with Wakawoman.com has revealed he has no major opponent as far as Ikeduru state constituency is concerned simply because he has done good by his people.

The Imo State born business mogul and philanthropist was not mincing words as he bluntly declared himself the best candidate for the job that needs to be done.

This is coming after the numerous philanthropic outreach he has embarked on in his community, local government and Imo state at large. Including offering to pay the Junior WAEC fees of selected students of 4 Secondary Schools in Imo State, hosting of the most expensive tournament in the community, construction of a modern poultry that will employ between 20 to 40 unemployed youths at Mgbirichi and also providing the community with a massive security gate and Eagle eyed security men to secure the community from the hands of criminals.

According to him, the people of Ikeduru local government deserves a better life, good governance and a share of the National treasury and this he promised to do by giving back his salary to his constituency for one year.

Recall that few days ago, the Nigeria political scene witnessed a paradigm shift as a result of the public declaration for a second term made by president Buhari. This however resulted to the public outburst of many politicians, Chief Darlington included.

Excerpt below:

What is Faith Of Darlington Foundation all About?

Faith of Da rlington foundation is a well known foundation aimed at bringing good life, good health, fortune to the door step of the less privileged in the community. The foundation also engages in charity

Can you state some of the projects the foundation has engaged in?

The football competition which is to foster unity, the kerosene project that has empowered many villagers, taking care of the widows by annually sharing rice to them and also the personal empowerment scheme which is the most essential and that is human investment. I have through my foundation sent so many people abroad.

Why running for the seat?

I am running for the seat because i believe am the best candidate to get the job done, and these include bringing good governance to the people of Ikeduru, providing a better life and making sure the partake in the national treasury and this i will do by returning my one year salary back to the community.

Who is your biggest Opponent?

There are several candidates also gunning for the same position but i don’t feel the stand a chance with me because over time i have proven myself and my good intentions for my people.

What are your mandate for your people?

I am not a very loud person, i like being very private and that is why most people don’t know about my works unless the ones posted online. However, notwithstanding like i earlier said i will provide the people with good governance, good and quality living, free education, constant electricity and also engage in urban building for the widows.

http://www.wakawoman.com/2019-election-i-have-no-strong-opponent-come-2019-darlington-chimezie/

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: A Lot For Youth To Learn From The Senate Mace Saga! / God Will Rescue Nigeria In 2019, Says Obasanjo / Kano: Illiteracy, Poverty, Drug Abuse: Manifestation Of Absence Of Competent Lea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.