Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy (25629 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / Wike Sacks Princewill Chike For Hosting Programme Without Permission / Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by BleedingPen: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2019
Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has sacked the Vice Chancellor of the Rivers State University, Prof. Blessing Chimezie Didia, Igbere TV reports.

Also sacked is the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Administration, Prof. Magnus Oruwari.

In a statement sent to Igbere TV by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Rivers State, Dagogo Adonye Hart, he said the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics), Prof. Opuenebo B. Owei will now act as Vice Chancellor.

The statement which did not disclose reasons for the sack of the VC and his Deputy, announced the suspension of the ongoing employment exercise at the university.

Full Statement,

“Rivers State Governor and Visitor of the Rivers State University, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has relieved the Vice Chancellor of the Rivers State University, Prof Blessing Chimezie Didia of his appointment with immediate effect.

“Also relieved of his appointment is the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), Professor Magnus Oruwari.

“Accordingly, Governor Wike has approved the appointment of Professor Opuenebo B. Owei, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics) as the Acting Vice Chancellor of the Rivers State University.

“The Governor has also suspended the ongoing employment exercise at the university.

“Furthermore, a committee has been set up to investigate the employment exercise and report to the Rivers State Governor in two weeks.”

https://igberetvnews.com/breaking-wike-sacks-rivers-state-university-vc-deputy

1 Like

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by rOsy247(f): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
Just imagine angry

I knew that recruitment was big time scam all along. Is he done paying The employed civil servants? Is he done paying arrears? No promotion over the years, nothing.

I only pity those who wasted transport and time to go submit cvs

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
I don't know but his sacking is related to the recent cult clashes then Wike is wrong.

These problems are not in anyway created by the vice Chancellor but has been inherited years long.

You can't just give matching order to what u one time are part of or knows it existed like obasanjo did in 1999 (Emerole 1999)

Even the new vc can't stop it because the problem is fundamental.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by emmabest2000(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2019
He don due for retirement nao

Why sacking?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by AngelicBeing: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2019
In addition, if he is found liable for any infractions after the investigation, the VC should be flogged 30 million lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper and sentenced to 4 years in jail with hardlabor, and after his jail sentence, he should sweep the University campus for 6 months as part of his community service, case closed, where is the next criminal jare to be flogged by me grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by visijo(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
Mathematics was very simple in primary school until those devils called X and Y were introduced

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by ainas247: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
shocked
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by senatepresido: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2019
politicians sef
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Latidoh1: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2019
buzquet:
Very neat 2 year-old 2014 Toyota Camry for sale @ #3.3M in Lagos.

Everything is intact. Nothing has ever been changed in the car. Everything in it is still follow come

Call or whatsapp on 07038709880
So you never change oil and battery?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by donc26(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2019
Useless governor .That is the only thing he is good at. Rivers people are suffering because of this monster of a governor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by arantess: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
VC that dosnt tackle sorting of courses and other irregularities is that one VC??

3 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by SmellingAnus(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:
I don't know but his sacking is related to the recent cult clashes then Wike is wrong.

These problems are not in anyway created by the vice Chancellor but has been inherited years long.

You can't just give matching order to what u one time are part of or knows it existed like obasanjo did in 1999 (Emerole 1999)

Cultism was greatly reduced in the university in 2007/2008 when Prof. BB Fakae was the VC and Ameachi was the governor... I graduated from UST and I was admitted in the school at a time Cultists activities were very high ...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Sonfethopia: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Leave wike .i remember in my school wen cultism was rampant na commisioner of police them change. He gave an order that if u r found a cultist. U r shot to death. Na so everybody cool.cos d guy waste many ppl

2 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Cherrybae(f): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wike is the worst governor of Rivers state. Even Odili was better than wike.

Wike can never compete with Amaechi both in developmental stride and security.

We Rivers people regret voting wike.

24 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by sambrow(m): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
It's a right step in right direction. They have been a lacuna in the security architecture since this VC took charge.

1 Like

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by sambrow(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2019
arantess:
VC that dosnt tackle sorting of courses and other irregularities is that one VC??
so you know
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by sambrow(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Cultism was greatly reduced in the university in 2007/2008 when Prof. BB Fakae was the VC and Ameachi was the governor... I graduated from UST and I was admitted in the school at a time Cultists activities were very high ...
absolutely

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Kennyfancy(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by chrisxxx(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wike acting too fast.
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Sibe007(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hope this brings better news from that school.
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by udemzyudex(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The question you should be asking is, what has he done all this years to make sure court activities in the school is eradicated of even reduce.

1 Like

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by PennywysCares(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
Whatever rocks their boat make Dem no play with my connect ooooooo

My girl friend CV dey dere

I want my babe to work there and start nursing her career.

The way things are position now in Nigeria contributions need to be in equal parts.

If I buy rings she pay for cake

If I rent the venue she take care of planing and decorations

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Youngjohnn: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by Liveair: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
donc26:
Useless governor .That is the only thing he is good at. Rivers people are suffering because of this monster of a governor.

Rivers people never see anything yet.
Mumu people that will never appreciate good leadership when they see it.
Enjoy the government you elected.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy by subcbouy: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2019
Cherrybae:
Wike is the worst governor of Rivers state. Even Odili was better than wike.

Wike can never compete with Amaechi both in developmental stride and security.

We Rivers people regret voting wike.
Don't regret you failed Amechi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu In Owo To Condole Akeredolu’s Family (Video) / Dead Body Of 105 Soldiers Killed By Bh Today, For The Lien, Burutai / Vivian Okeke And Ibrahim Isah Fail To Recite National Anthem & Pledge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.