Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! (38218 Views)

An Average Nigerian Guy Has This Mentality / Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality? / Why Do Most Nigerian Girls Have This Mentality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
I had a heated argument with my girl about how girls shouldn't be depending on their boyfriends for financial upkeep

Here is the screenshot grin grin grin

She was seeking my opinion about how guys should be taken proper care of their girlfriends so i gave her a piece of my mind grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2018
More screenshots

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
Nothing about what she wrot3 to you is shitty, if she's truly your gf and not some fcukk buddy you have to take care good of her.

The type of girls you don't spend too much on are those girls that charge for dia services. My opinion tho.

21 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
More

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Headlesschicken(m): 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
undecided Please how d phuck do u expect a brother to read through all that cr@p,mehn kip yuh relationship talks b/w u n yuh gal....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
Finally

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by OfficialAwol(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2018
God blessed you with a girl who reasons rationally and making an understandable argument, and you had the got to call her shitty brain.

What would you say when you meet girls with shitty brains?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
Didn’t read everything, but my opinion is that as a boyfriend you don’t have to spend your every dime on your Gf or cater to every single thing she wants to buy. However you need to spend money. If you can’t afford to date, stay single. It’s as simple as ABC. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to have a gf.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by kpaofame: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
Wakanda shit is this shitty chat and you expect me to read the entire shitty chat you have with your gf who you claim to have a shitty mentality... no i will pass

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by kpaofame: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
and it is pathetic that many girls automatically become Orphans the day you ask them out...you have to cater for her every need....lubbish

26 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Impregnable101: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:
Didn’t read everything, but my opinion is that as a boyfriend you don’t have to spend your every dime on your Gf or cater to every single thing she wants to buy. However you need to spend money. If you can’t afford to date, stay single. It’s as simple as ABC. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to have a gf.

80% of nigerian girls expect u to start footing her bills the moment she agrees to date u like they are doing u a favour

& that's wrong!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
Impregnable101:

80% of nigerian girls expect u to start footing her bills the moment she agrees to date u like they are doing u a favour

& that's wrong!
Yes she is doing you a favour. You chased her not the other way round, you went out of your way to patronise her and she accepted you out of many so she’s doing YOU a favour.
She’s taking herself off the dating market in her prime.
She’s giving you her body (most times)
She’s trusting you with her time and biological clock
She’s risking her emotional state being with you.

The least you can do is reciprocate the favour by being financially supportive. The problem with you guys is, you just want to take take take and not give anything in return. It’s bad.

49 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
Be careful
Safiaa:
Yes she is doing you a favour. You chased her not the other way round, you went out of your way to patronise her and she accepted you out of many so she’s doing YOU a favour.

The least you can do is reciprocate the favour by being financially supportive. The problem with you guys is, you just want to take take take and not give anything in return. It’s bad.

13 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by babasolution: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:

to be honest girl,it seems am so out of touch,but the way guys on nairaland comment bothers me,are they really nigerian or what,they be looking for rich girls at the same time complaining that girls are after their money,if these are nigerian guys its so pathetic,the future is female indeed

16 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Kingdante(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
Take it from me, a girl with that kind of attitude is bad news ooo........ she is more interested in the “benefit” than the relationship, she sees relationships as an avenue to make ends meet...... and the part that killed me was when she said “ you are fucking her” madam Bleep no b favor if you want us to pay for the Bleep, just stand for road and tell us the price for short time easy!!! Nope come form relationship here then begin ask for money for sex.

She is saying If the guy isn’t well to do she will cheat and lie.... like wtf are you talking? Take it from me no matter what you do for this kind of girl the very minute she sees a “ flashy” guy is willing to spend more on her, she will move on .... cos she sees the relationship as an means of lively hood.... a new richer guy is like a job promoting to her..... all she has to offer is sex! Sex!! Sex!!! Nothing more .

By their fruits.... we shall know then.

Giving money to ones gf is a favour, a privilege to that girl by no mean is it a right ......................

Go argue with your ancestors

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by makydebbie(f): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:

Lol you're typing as if she's doing this grudgingly or something and she deserves to be patronized for it. It's wrong dating a lady who thinks she's doing you a favor by dating you. It's supposed to be mutual. Wtf.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by makydebbie(f): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
I am pregnant for you
makydebbie:
Lol you're typing as if she's doing this grudgingly or something and she deserves to be patronized for it. It's wrong dating a dating a lady who thinks she's doing you a favor by dating you. It's supposed to be mutual.

5 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by makydebbie(f): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
DonPiiko:
I am pregnant for you
Abomination. grin

3 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol you're typing as if she's doing this grudgingly or something and she deserves to be patronized for it. It's wrong dating a dating a lady who thinks she's doing you a favor by dating you. It's supposed to be mutual. Wtf.
Well that’s your opinion. I’m just stating what naturally happens in a relationship whether it’s conciously or not. So whether you agree or not, indirectly you’re doing the guy a favour by accepting to date him.

6 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by donstan18: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by makydebbie(f): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:
Well that’s your opinion. I’m just stating what naturally happens in a relationship whether it’s conciously or not. So whether you agree or not, indirectly you’re doing the guy a favour by accepting to date him.
So the guy is not doing you a favor too by choosing you to woo and spending money on you, sis?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by UDUJ(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2018
cheesy People exhibiting warped mentality everywhere

1 Like

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
makydebbie:
So the guy is not doing you a favor too by choosing you to woo and spending money on you, sis?
The fact that a man chooses to woo me, it’s completly on his own basis. A man seeks for what he wants, not the other way round. He’s doing himself a favour by picking the girl that he wants, it’s not the other way round. Women normally have to settle for the options that come their way. Now after accepting this favour, the way to level things out is to receive something in return. I don’t think you can really understand this, but this is just the way I see things.

9 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:
So in other words, Dating in the context of romance in Nigeria is simply a situation where a man is financially or materially indebted to a woman.[Nairaland ladies standard dictionary].

It is strictly transactional and purely business. It has nothing to do with romance or any of those lovey-dovey mushy stuff, nothing like love conquers all cheesy

Interesting ! grin

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol you're typing as if she's doing this grudgingly or something and she deserves to be patronized for it. It's wrong dating a dating a lady who thinks she's doing you a favor by dating you. It's supposed to be mutual. Wtf.
cheesy grin
Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
At the end of the day, some men really have nothing to offer!

5 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
It’s just like when you look for a job that you really want that pays well, a company is doing you more of a favour by accepting you as the employee. Even though they’re possibly better candidates that could take on the job, they chose to accept you for whatever reason. You then have to return the favour by doing what you can to perform your best. It’s a give and take, that’s how all relationships work.

7 Likes

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by makydebbie(f): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
Safiaa:
The fact that a man chooses to woo me, it’s completly on his own basis. A man seeks for what he wants, not the other way round. He’s doing himself a favour by picking the girl that he wants, it’s not the other way round. Women normally have to settle for the options that come their way. Now after accepting this favour, the way to level things out is to receive something in return. I don’t think you can really understand this, but this is just the way I see things.
Love, relationships and everything that comes with it should be mutual. I can't go into a relationship with the mentality that, I'm doing this guy a favor by dating him, then there's no love there. SUCH RELATIONSHIPS CANNOT WORK, because it's one sided. It means the love is one sided too.
For two individuals to come together, overlook each others flaws, whatever they feel should be mutual. The guy would've gone for that cute sexy girl in the street, so for him to choose you and start taking care of you, he's doing you a favor too because it could be anybody. It's better for a lady to remain single than to be in a relationship where she thinks she's doing him a favor. That's a different kind of pride and narcissism.

Lol, I'm trying to understand this, but like you said I really can't understand it, so I'll just respect your opinion. kiss

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: what's with Nigerian girls & this mentality? including my girlfriend! by Safiaa(f): 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2018
greiboy:
So in other words, Dating in the context of romance in Nigeria is simply a situation where a man is financially or materially indebted to a woman.[Nairaland ladies standard dictionary].

It is strictly transactional and purely business and it has nothing to do with romance or any of those lovey-dovey mushy stuff, nothing like love conquers all cheesy

Interesting ! grin

It’s not strictly a transaction. This is not a teenage love affair we’re talking about it, this is adult love. Adult love requires some sort of transaction. What do men go after? What do women go after? When they come together, do they both get what they want? Answer that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Young Man Reveals Why He Cheats On His Girlfriend - His Reason Will Shock You / How I Discovered My Girlfriend Has Been Cheating: Pics Included / Man Marries Lady Who Snubbed Him For 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.