Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,497 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. (495 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. by SenorFax(m): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2018
In my own thoughts, I think herdsmen killing originated from the fact that other parts of the country besides North are being advised to go more into farming for economic growth, and to solve the growing umeployment in the country.
With this atrocities caused by the Fulanis, youths are more scared to go into farming as they are scared of loosing their lives. The points to battle with goes like this:

-Fulani are meant to disrupt the farming activities of other regions or regions likely to compete with the products coming from the North.

-With the disruption in progress, only the Hausa and fulanis are confident enough to farm without fear.

-Hausa men are rarely murdered in their farm/s (even when they are known for their large farmlands if you've ever been to an hausa farm)

-These cattles are owned by Hausa farmers

-Loans from the government for farming rarely gets to other parts of the country. A typical illiterate hausa boy who wants to farm have the chance of acquiring loans than a Yoruba or an Igbo farmer. Hence the need to disrupt others to have access to more of it. When you know you know.

In my opinion, there is more to these killings than mare grazing. It's a pure calculation to secure something we had no idea is coming. I think farmers need to wise up.
Re: Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. by delishpot: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2018
anything is possible when money and power is involved

1 Like

Re: Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. by CodeTemplar: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
Buhari has taken sides. I am disappointed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Herdsmen Are Killing Farmers. by Omololu2121: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2018
Buhari dey really mess up for this boko haram matter.

Fulani herdsmen are more dangerous than ipob

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Will Know If We Are Lazy- Victor Bobai / BREAKING: Dino Melaye Rearrested At Zankil Hospital / Ihedioha: Imo PDP Lawmakers, Others Back Guber Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.