Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I (711 Views)

How My Boyfriend Impregnated My Best Friend And Another Girl - Lady Reveals / He Had Sex With My Friend And I Did Same With His Friend Too / I Broke "Boys Code" With My Friend And I'm Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by dammy13(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2018
We both lived side by side in ogbomoso for few years. We were great friends.

One day, a foolish argument caused a rift between us. This was the first serious disagreement we both had in our 4years of friendship.

Up until that day, we always share pleasant moments together, shared knowledge and lent a helping hand to one another in times of need.

The fight began over a small misunderstanding, which can sometimes happen, but the dispute dragged on and became an angry exchange of words, following by months of silence and malice.

One day, my wife asked of him from me and demand we end our differences. I got angry and shuddered it away. I told her I don't want to have anything to do with him again.

My wife thought quietly to herself for few minutes, looking at me and eventually said "I see"

Days later, she rang me in the evening while she was returning from work as a surprise to meet her In a 'casual restaurant with varied menu'. I was glad that she was taking me out for dinner.

I got there. It was a lovely place. At the same time, my friend happened to had showed up too at the same place and same time.

I was looking around in search of where my wife was seated when we both beamed each other. In few seconds; He walked to me, and embrace me.

He said: "You're something special. Inviting me here after all I have said and done".

I was speechless as I was emotional; wondering what he meant by "inviting him over". But I didn't place much concern in those words as I felt I had missed something. I missed him.

He was braver than I am, stronger and wiser to break and destroy the "wall" between us.

While we were hugging. I saw my wife standing just there at the entry.

As we both looked at her, she wanted to walk away when we both said " Please stay"

She'd informed him to meet me at the restaurant using my phone the previous day and deleting the message sent.

She built the bridge and destroyed the wall.

We often let anger push us away from our loved ones, and allow pride to come before our love. Don’t let it happen to you. Learn to forgive and appreciate what you have.

The past cannot be changed; but the future can be. No quarrel can spoil a true connection.

Written by: Oluwanishola Akeju

http://kikiotolu.com/the-bridge-the-story-of-my-friend-and-i/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove Dominique

Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by Skyfornia(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2018
Good..interesting read. Good friends are better than some blood brothers. I can totally relate to your story.

But OP wait o, I don't understand what you mean by 'She built the bridge and destroyed the wall'. How did your wife do that?
Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by misreal(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2018
I hope you don't go home and quarrel your wife oh...
Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by Uyiii: 8:42am On Apr 15, 2018
she's a very good wife, you should be very proud having for yourself a woman as such as a wife.
if she could build a bridge again for you and your friend prolly because of the camaraderie and level of synchronization you both share, then imagine what she'll do if it were your twin brother.
Not some idiot wives causing rift between some senseless twin brothers disturbing the peace of the public, nonsenseundecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by Uyiii: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2018
She'd informed him to meet me at the restaurant using my phone the previous day and deleting the message sent.

She built the bridge and destroyed the wall.
Skyfornia:
Good..interesting read. Good friends are better than some blood brothers. I can totally relate to your story.

But OP wait o, I don't understand what you mean by 'She built the bridge and destroyed the wall'. How did your wife do that?
that single act of hers is the answer to your question. she indeed built a bridge more magnificent and stronger than any of Ambode's projectscheesy

hope you comprehend now??

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2018
Skyfornia:

Bridge here simply means 'restoring the gap' they both felt/had/shared.

Wall was the pride, the resentment and stuffs like that.
Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by lenghtinny(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2018
Uyiii:
she's a very good wife, you should be very proud having for yourself a woman as such as a wife.
if she could build a bridge again for you and your friend prolly because of the camaraderie and level of synchronization you both share, then imagine what she'll do if it were your twin brother.
Not some idiot wives causing rift between some senseless twin brothers disturbing the peace of the public, nonsenseundecided

He who findeth a (good) wife findeth a good thing
Re: The Bridge: The Story Of My Friend And I by Skyfornia(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2018
iamsirmichael1:

Bridge here simply means 'restoring the gap' they both felt/had/shared.

Wall was the pride, the resentment and stuffs like that.

Okay thanks for the insight

(1) (Reply)

Learn From My Deep Shilt. I Can't Belive It / The Ignorance Of Generational Curse & How It Is Affecting My Marriage / 5 Ways To Stay Attractive To A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.