Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21043 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 3:16pm On May 23, 2010
Dede1:

I thought your problem was limited to mere comprehension never knew it included inability to scroll. Again, there was physical map of Nigeria posted by kobojunkie that had a chart which clearly identified the international airports in Nigeria through the connotation of encircled figure of an airplane. The only places with such encircled identifiers were Lagos, Sokoto, Kano and Abuja.

I am surprised that you stumbled onto the truth you wrote that many of the so-called airports in Nigeria were glorified runways. This statement could not be truer with the case of Port Harcourt that could still not handle jumbo jets such as Boeing 747 whereas Sokoto International airport had been handling anything plane from Fokker 27 to Boeing 747 on direct flights from Saudi Arabia. Anybody who had visited Port Harcourt airstrip and declare it as international airport needs to be shot.

So flying from Sokoto to Saudi Arabia is what makes Sokoto airport an International one. PH handles more international routes than Sokoto. We are going back to the reasons for certain flights at certain airports now; economic. Stop arguing about the size of a plane, it is irrelevant to the discussion. The question is, ' do planes from Europe land at PH?" If they do, then what the f0.c.k does the size of the aircraft have to do with the status of the airport? Do you expect to fly a Jumbo between london and Amsterdam?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On May 23, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!

Again, Kobojunkie is being IMPLICATED for posting the only  image I got from the internet that clearly indicates where in Nigeria we find Airports. But the same Kobojunkie continues to refer the people to the FAAN site for better facts, yet that is continually being ignored, why? Because it is easier to settle with the NON-Factual that fits our agenda than it is to visit the truth in all.

@Dede1, Kobojunkie NEVER stated that map was AUTHENTIC. So your arguments there is null. Kobojunkie has NOTHING to do with this. If you read the posts of mine that followed that image, you would realize that but I guess the truth is never good enough for you in most all your arguments, or is it?

For anyone who really wants to learn of Nigerian airports, visit FAAN for info.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2010
@ katsumoto

No sane person will build a batcher with a highway across it and declare such place an international airport. Airports are graded based on facilities, runways, type and size of airplane they can handle. A glorified express highway as in the case of Port Harcourt remains misnomer when referred as International Airport. Anyway, there is nothing reasonable about Nigeria. It does not surprise me that a park with highway is called international airport.

Of course, Jumbo jets are flown from London to Amsterdam on regular bases. The airline carriers will decide what type of jet to operate as long as the facilities on the ground would accommodate the aircraft and its cargo. Also the profit and volume of passengers would contribute as factors.

@ kobojunkie

What a self-indictment. The evidence you jealously flaunted suddenly became unauthentic when it failed to support your myopic and ethnic tinted views.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 4:00pm On May 23, 2010
It's ok, Kobojunkie. Seriously, relax. No need getting loud (word choices and capital letters). I retract my statement. P.H. Intl. Airport is indeed a legitimate, functional, intl. airport. No fussing over it.

But seriously though, you have been reading too much into my posts. So do try to remember that there's never really anything more to what I write than what you see. Nothing to assume or figure out. I just don't know when you and others will finally come to realize that.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On May 23, 2010
Evidence? Are you serious? Can you please provide the line where I state that the very Map was an AUTHENTIC representation of what is available in Nigeria?
I posted that Map because it was all I found but I made sure to refer people to FAAN site and NOT, definitely NOT WIKIPEDIA, for facts on Nigerian Airports. So how exactly does posting a map which I barely refer to as evidence of any kind become evidence that indicts me, or anything I have said so far on this issue?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 4:28pm On May 23, 2010
Dede1:

@ katsumoto

No sane person will build a batcher with a highway across it and declare such place an international airport. Airports are graded based on facilities, runways, type and size of airplane they can handle. A glorified express highway as in the case of Port Harcourt remains misnomer when referred as International Airport. Anyway, there is nothing reasonable about Nigeria. It does not surprise me that a park with highway is called international airport.

Of course, Jumbo jets are flown from London to Amsterdam on regular bases. The airline carriers will decide what type of jet to operate as long as the facilities on the ground would accommodate the aircraft and its cargo. Also the profit and volume of passengers would contribute as factors.

You are dancing around the issue; can international planes land at PH? If they can, they your argument makes no sense. It is not a secret that successive governments in Nigeria do not have a good maintenance culture. There was a documentary produced by Channel 4 (one of the main UK channels) approximately 11 years ago about MMA. The documentary's objective was to highlight the poor state of the airport. But despite its poor state, airlines continued operating there because it was economically viable. I am sure that the Abuja airport is in a better state than MMA but British Airways probably still makes more money from Lagos than Abuja. I remember how much British Airways was hurt in 1996 when it was banned from flying into Nigeria by Abacha and how quickly BA negotiated with the Abdusalam government as soon as Abacha died in 1998.

Jumbo aircrafts can land in both London and Amsterdam but no airline will use a jumbo jet between london and Amsterdam unless they are stopping over. Like I said, the size of the aircraft is irrelevant. It is left for an airline to make a decision about flying a route based on the demand for that route and the size of the aircraft permitted to land at the airport. If an aircraft from london can land at PH, then an aircraft from anywhere in the world can land at PH. That is a fact. As a consumer, it is not your business what aircraft an airline chooses to use.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2010
ChinenyeN:

It's ok, Kobojunkie. Seriously, relax. No need getting loud (word choices and capital letters). I retract my statement. P.H. Intl. Airport is indeed a legitimate, functional, intl. airport. No fussing over it.

But seriously though, you have been reading too much into my posts. So do try to remember that there's never really anything more to what I write than what you see. Nothing to assume or figure out. I just don't know when you and others will finally come to realize that.

Port Harcourt is a glorified functional airstrip period. There is no iota of sign that will inform an undiscerning onlooker that the park is an international airport. The airport’s flight schedule are still written on board with chalk, it does handle bulk cargo on international flight, passengers still run to the tarmac to board flights and pray it is not raining during boarding time.

It is a mean-spirited and disingenuous political machination under the nomenclatural insanity that tagged the Port Harcourt airstrip as international airport. The funny thing was the idiotic joyous expression that followed the announcement of the batcher as international airport from part of the country.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 5:27pm On May 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are dancing around the issue; can international planes land at PH? If they can, they your argument makes no sense. It is not a secret that successive governments in Nigeria do not have a good maintenance culture. There was a documentary produced by Channel 4 (one of the main UK channels) approximately 11 years ago about MMA. The documentary's objective was to highlight the poor state of the airport. But despite its poor state, airlines continued operating there because it was economically viable. I am sure that the Abuja airport is in a better state than MMA but British Airways probably still makes more money from Lagos than Abuja. I remember how much British Airways was hurt in 1996 when it was banned from flying into Nigeria by Abacha and how quickly BA negotiated with the Abdusalam government as soon as Abacha died in 1998.

Jumbo aircrafts can land in both London and Amsterdam but no airline will use a jumbo jet between london and Amsterdam unless they are stopping over. Like I said, the size of the aircraft is irrelevant. It is left for an airline to make a decision about flying a route based on the demand for that route and the size of the aircraft permitted to land at the airport. If an aircraft from london can land at PH, then an aircraft from anywhere in the world can land at PH. That is a fact. As a consumer, it is not your business what aircraft an airline chooses to use.

I am left in stitches with your plank of argument. It is obvious you want us to believe that any highway with an attached batcher in eastern region of Nigeria which can provide landing and takeoff facilities to flights originating from Duala is an international airport. Pal, this is beyond the pale of my comprehension and I know you can do better than this one.

I think airlines tend to use big jumbo jet on the long distance flights because of its economic nature including one instance of huge haulage of passengers and cargos. Since most flights to Port Harcourt originate from either Europe or USA, it is proper to ask why jumbo jets are not the option. I deduce the volume of traffic and passenger maybe the reason but more so on facilities on the ground to handle such aircraft.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 5:52pm On May 23, 2010
Dede1:

I am left in stitches with your plank of argument. It is obvious you want us to believe that any highway with an attached batcher in eastern region of Nigeria which can provide landing and takeoff facilities to flights originating from Duala is an international airport. Pal, this is beyond the pale of my comprehension and I know you can do better than this one.

I think airlines tend to use big jumbo jet on the long distance flights because of its economic nature including one instance of huge haulage of passengers and cargos. Since most flights to Port Harcourt originate from either Europe or USA, it is proper to ask why jumbo jets are not the option. I deduce the volume of traffic and passenger maybe the reason but more so on facilities on the ground to handle such aircraft.

I am not arguing that PH airport is in the best state that it can be in; I am arguing that the state of PH airport is symptomatic of all issues affecting Nigeria such as lack of investment, mis-management, decay, etc. The problem with your argument is that you are ignoring the state of infrastructure all over the country. Almost as if people in the East deserve better facilities while the rest of Nigeria deserves the present rot.

If you agree that PH airport may struggle to satisfy the demand necessary for a jumbo, then why argue for it. After all not all airports in the world can handle a jumbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by aljharem(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
at topic u are right

igbos and southern nigeria needs to unite.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2010
alj harem:

at topic u are right

igbos and southern nigeria needs to unite.

You're now giving Igbo people advise?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
ezeagu:

You're now giving Igbo people advise?

lol. grin He should take his advise to Abagworo who thinks his vote will count in isolation. cool
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

lol.  grin He should take his advise to Abagworo who thinks his vote will count in isolation.  cool
I'm not sure you understand what Abagworo has been saying this whole time, if you're here making this statement.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by abagoro(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
I copied this from an earlier post

Abagworo (m)

Nigeria Posts: 602

Re: I Dont Know How A Yoruba Can Seriously Compare Himself To An Igbo « #13 on: November 11 , 2009 , 07 :11 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lwkmd!lmfao! na wa oh
on a serious note igbos and yorubas are not more intelligent than hausas.infact the northerners as a whole are intelligent and united. adamawa state alone has more ethnic groups than the entire southern nigeria!!. nigeria was just north and south during the amalgamation but igbos and yorubas divided the south into two.shortly after independence,we created mid-west from thesame south.notice that the north remained as single entity until 1967. the minorities have a voice in the north and have ruled as president of nigeria more than the majority hausa/fulani. babangida-nupe-8 yrs gowon-plateau-9 yrs abacha-kanuri-5 yrs the igbos,yorubas and all their southern brothers will continue tribalising while the united north will continue ruling.yet we think of ourselves as more educated,travelled and
exposed.     https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-350204.0.html
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 3:57am On Nov 17, 2010
abagoro:

I copied this from an earlier post

Abagworo (m)

Nigeria Posts: 602

Re: I Dont Know How A Yoruba Can Seriously Compare Himself To An Igbo « #13 on: November 11 , 2009 , 07 :11 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lwkmd!lmfao! na wa oh
on a serious note igbos and yorubas are not more intelligent than hausas.infact the northerners as a whole are intelligent and united. adamawa state alone has more ethnic groups than the entire southern nigeria!!. nigeria was just north and south during the amalgamation but igbos and yorubas divided the south into two.shortly after independence,we created mid-west from thesame south.notice that the north remained as single entity until 1967. the minorities have a voice in the north and have ruled as president of nigeria more than the majority hausa/fulani. babangida-nupe-8 yrs gowon-plateau-9 yrs abacha-kanuri-5 yrs the igbos,yorubas and all their southern brothers will continue tribalising while the united north will continue ruling.yet we think of ourselves as more educated,travelled and
exposed.     https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-350204.0.html

There's something called 'a sphere of influence'. . . . .
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by yinkkus: 1:07am On May 18, 2011
yes , the efik and ibibio supported the igbos during biaffra war. the geographical location of biaffra land covers cross river and also akwa ibom. but do not extend over benue and covers some part of delta with asaba standing out.

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by seanet02: 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ibo will never rule Nigeria
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by chino11(m): 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Why not go and face yourself with the monumental disgrace that is brought upon all the generations of all the yooroba people thru your dirty and misinformed rascal rulers- bankole, obj, fashola, bode george and co. Even with the 8yrs of obj misrule didn't help matters in the southwest rather you guys became the zone with the highest poverty rate. You guys should hide your faces in shame. Ngige/Babangida Aliyu 2015

1 Like

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by aloyemeka1: 1:42am On Jun 10, 2011
23 pages for this alone and an average of 12 pages for any Igbo related topic. Seun, it is time to start selling Igbo nairaland threads to advertisers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Breaking!!!!! Apc Candidate Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Fashola / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line / 2023: The More The Number Of APC Aspirants, The Merrier - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.