Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai (25910 Views)

Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President / 2015 Poll: Why I Conceded Defeat – Jonathan / The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by seguno2: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
Philistine:
From this man's statement it can deduced that Gej is an incompetent buffoon, how can an opposition party rig an election in a country like Nigeria, and he is the incumbent president, how come they did not rig Obj out.

Obasanjo was not only a former General, he was also a former military dictator who had the northern power brokers behind him.
Do not compare oranges to apples.
Cheers
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by kkboy(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
"Yakassai said they were at Babangida’s house to inform the former leader of the objectives of the organisation dedicated to the unity and progress of the north".

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by chiedozie198100: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Osu pig! Do you know the meaning of betrayal?

Did we have any agreement with him? He even betrayed us by marginalizing us after voting for him in 2011.

The man should tell us how PDP rigged in the SS/SE.

ur entire generation is caused. pot shitting bastards.

SS/SE gave ur incestuous obj full support for eight years n instead of u awoloriburukus to simply reciprocate, you ran to your original slavemasters (Fulanis). I'm sure ur blind leader (Tinubu) is enjoying the insults that he is receiving.

don't worry we will pay you guys back when the time comes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by authority2006(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Omeokachie:
They have started to confess their sins.

People thought that Orubebe was just throwing tantrums, but the real hero was GEJ who despite being robbed of victory decided to relinquish power to the failure we now have.

While a leader says his ambition is not worth the life of any Nigerian, the other either look the other way or blame a dead man while Nigerians are being slaughtered everyday.

Let's be sensible here. What is the substance in his rants?
He cited instances of manipulation in the elections. According to him, while the electronic voting was religiously observed in the southern part of the country, it was not so observed in the north.
There are many ways of rigging election. What happened in 2015 where the majority of southerners resident in the north were scared away from their places of residence, where they had registered, to their place of origin and therefore could not have the opportunity to vote, was rigging.

Even GEJ himself didn't observe electronic voting, the same goes for the entire South East South South. He even said that people were scared away.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by asobo: 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yes, those of us who reside in the north know that it was rigged. One suprising thing was that it the "riggers" that decamped from PDP. Borno and Yobe state comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by balbosa: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
angry
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin grin cheesy

Buhari is a monumental disaster
grin
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by fergie001: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
nickxtra:
And a calamitous albatross in the annals of our nationhood.
You have bad mouth grin
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by felaismyhero(m): 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Remimadrid:
No surprise there, I always knew Buhari cannot defeat Jonathan without some form of rigging. Every politician do it, or how did Fayose beat and incumbent governor.
what u said is so not true,good campaign and ekiti people's dislike of fayemi was wat cost him the election.fayemi lost even in his ward!.and i trust d acn to go to court if such happens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by kjhova(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
saaron:
When you have a visionless man who said "Baboons and Dogs will soak in blood if he doesn't win 2015 presidential elections"...

Please provide us evidence of when, where and to whom Buhari made the speech you bolded above.

Do you guys just lie naturally or do you get paid to promote falsehood?!

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Akolawole(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
kjhova:

Please provide us evidence of when, where and to whom Buhari made the speech you bolded above.

Do you guys just lie naturally or do you get paid to promote falsehood?!

He did NOT make that hausa proverb in 2015 but 2011 thereabout.

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Akolawole(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari don't need rigging at all in the north.

He will defeat anyone in the north at all times.

It is NOT his fault, it is just the way God made him in the eyes of an average common Northerner.

As ruthless as Obasanjo, PMB defeated him hands down...

2 Likes

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by sandland: 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Which means the southern voters are cowards.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Akolawole(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Someone say they rig election in the North, can someone explain to me what happened in Akwa Ibom?

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by kjhova(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
Akolawole:

He did NOT make that hausa proverb in 2015 but 2011 thereabout.

As in you mean Buhari actually said these words below as fallaciously quoted by the dude above?

"Baboons and Dogs will soak in blood if he doesn't win 2015 presidential elections"

Please provide the link to such statement even in Hausa.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by folawalesegun: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
Can there be transparent election?
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by badoh(m): 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Apart from the fact that GEJ appeared not to be in firm control of his govt, if he had concentrated significant effort in providing infrastructures in southwest and middle belt and aligning with tinubu, 90% of southwest votes would have been in his favour. Instead, he started building Almajiri schools in the north to please them but they were not moved. They were bent on voting their person.

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by anthony86(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
When the North want power there is a no stopping them. Power is their religion. Apart from OBJ I don't see any southerner leading Nigeria in a democracy. Jonathan tenure was a happenstance. The North will continue to rule unless there is a re structured government.

2 Likes

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by newoffer: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
godliman:

He should have resisted and let nigeria go up in flames is that? GEJ is more human than Buhari, Buhari is more animalistic than GEJ
. People are dying like flies n u still don't understand things are going nuts
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Trumps: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
ChangetheChange:
Elder statesman and prominent politician, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, has disclosed that massive rigging took place in the North in the 2015 general elections.
Yakassai revealed the electoral fraud to journalists when he led the newly formed Northern Leaders Stakeholders Assembly to former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, at his Uphill Mansion in Minna, the Niger State capital yesterday.

He cited instances of manipulation in the elections. According to him, while the electronic voting was religiously observed in the southern part of the country, it was not so observed in the north.

He remarked: “When the electronic voting was introduced, I was in support of it, but I observed what happened in the 2015 general election and I changed my mind.

“This is because it was religiously observed in the southern part of the country, but it was not so religiously observed in the northern parts of the country. It was from that moment that I began to have some reservations about the electronic voting pattern.

“There are many ways of rigging election. What happened in 2015 where the majority of southerners resident in the north were scared away from their places of residence, where they had registered, to their place of origin and therefore could not have the opportunity to vote, was rigging.

Again some of the southerners who did not run away were afraid to come out and vote on the day of election. So scaring people from coming out to vote for the candidates of their choice is also a form of rigging.”

The 2015 election led to the emergence of Major- General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), a northerner, as president while the then incumbent, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner, lost.

Earlier at the meeting with Babangida, he lamented that most leaders of northern extraction had for long taken the support of northerners for granted, stressing that henceforth, it would not be business as usual.

Yakassai said they were at Babangida’s house to inform the former leader of the objectives of the organisation dedicated to the unity and progress of the north.

Babangida praised the efforts of the group and assured them of his support as long as they worked for the unity of Nigeria.

Also at the meeting were Senator Joseph Waku, Alhaji Ghali Na Abba, Dr. Mohammed Data, Alhaji Abba Hana, Hajiya Inna Corona, Hajiya Zainab Main, Gimbia Rani, Alhaji Bala Mohammed and Dr. Umaru Babangida Aliyu, among others.

https://t.guardian.ng/politics/how-2015-poll-was-rigged-in-north-by-tanko-yakassai/
Who will listen to this useless wailer, Nonentity old man. we are concerned about 2019 election he is talking about one of the free fair election in the history of Nigeria. Malam you are a liar.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
And they are all PDP; what would you have expected from those who were directly benefiting from Jonathan's long service spoon of corruption; especially now that feeding spoon can no longer reach their greedy mouths.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Philistine:
From this man's statement it can deduced that Gej is an incompetent buffoon, how can an opposition party rig an election in a country like Nigeria, and he is the incumbent president, how come they did not rig Obj out.

He could have deployed all rigging machinery at his disposal, and when he lost he could have refused to leave, as would have happened if the reverse was the case, we know how many innocent souls were slaughtered in the north last time because buhari lost an election he didn't even campaign for, I'm not the man's biggest fan, but he certainly did not want all that to happen, and politics aside, posterity would forever treat him kindly for that, nothing would ever change that.

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by godofuck231: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
Buhari is a monumental disaster

The top civil servants of government parastatals sold Jonathan out, the money hidden in their offices and houses were used to rig the election in favour of buhari, with the hope that he would be dumb as he normally is, thanks to the cow DNA, instead of that after the elections they were either fired or put on terminal leave, some compulsory retirement, some slumped others got serious packages of high BP, the southern government officials did this to Nigeria and they were replaced by northerners to cover the money routes in the ministries, the greed of the individuals will not let us grow now see what a half illiterate is doing to us, while these men were f#cking their friends kids on sons girlfriends, buying houses and suvs, the North was preparing for war, here we are again 2019 is near the south still does not have a battle plan, how many tithe payers have their pvc voters card? Just a few.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by eodavids(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
ChangetheChange:
Elder statesman and prominent politician, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, has disclosed that massive rigging took place in the North in the 2015 general elections.
Yakassai revealed the electoral fraud to journalists when he led the newly formed Northern Leaders Stakeholders Assembly to former Military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, at his Uphill Mansion in Minna, the Niger State capital yesterday.

He remarked: “When the electronic voting was introduced, I was in support of it, but I observed what happened in the 2015 general election and I changed my mind.

“This is because it was religiously observed in the southern part of the country, but it was not so religiously observed in the northern parts of the country. It was from that moment that I began to have some reservations about the electronic voting pattern.

“There are many ways of rigging election. What happened in 2015 where the majority of southerners resident in the north were scared away from their places of residence, where they had registered, to their place of origin and therefore could not have the opportunity to vote, was rigging.

Again some of the southerners who did not run away were afraid to come out and vote on the day of election. So scaring people from coming out to vote for the candidates of their choice is also a form of rigging.”

The 2015 election led to the emergence of Major- General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), a northerner, as president while the then incumbent, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner, lost.

Earlier at the meeting with Babangida, he lamented that most leaders of northern extraction had for long taken the support of northerners for granted, stressing that henceforth, it would not be business as usual.

Yakassai said they were at Babangida’s house to inform the former leader of the objectives of the organisation dedicated to the unity and progress of the north.

Babangida praised the efforts of the group and assured them of his support as long as they worked for the unity of Nigeria.

Also at the meeting were Senator Joseph Waku, Alhaji Ghali Na Abba, Dr. Mohammed Data, Alhaji Abba Hana, Hajiya Inna Corona, Hajiya Zainab Main, Gimbia Rani, Alhaji Bala Mohammed and Dr. Umaru Babangida Aliyu, among others.

https://t.guardian.ng/politics/how-2015-poll-was-rigged-in-north-by-tanko-yakassai/

I really like detribalized and truth speaking Nigerians. Yakasai is one Elder Statesman that should be respected for always saying the truth no matter whose ox is gored.

Let's click like for Elder Yakasai
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by greatman247(m): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
There is rigging in every nooks and cunnies of the country in 2015 not just in the north. Rigging is part of Nigeria election this is not an excuse. So anyone who loose an election should accept defeat and not come out here screaming rigging. Rigging has been part of the system and will still be part of it for a very long time. Both APC and PDP rigged and there was rigging in the south, east and west too not just in the North. GEJ and Buhari people rigged too. So if you loose you loose accept and stop bringing up excuses for losing due to rigging. All Nigerian politicians are riggers, I don't care.

1 Like

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2018
chiedozie198100:

ur entire generation is caused. pot shitting bastards.

SS/SE gave ur incestuous obj full support for eight years n instead of u awoloriburukus to simply reciprocate, you ran to your original slavemasters (Fulanis). I'm sure ur blind leader (Tinubu) is enjoying the insults that he is receiving.

don't worry we will pay you guys back when the time comes.

LMAO!This pig is grunting.

"Caused" indeed. Illiterate. I enjoy your frustration.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by khadaffi(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Philistine:

Guy, we are talking of Federal level, Gej lost the presidential election because he is a dunce, why did the same northerners not try same with Obj.

I see now that kids are much on NL, its good though. For a president to win an election especially in the Obj era, you need the governors to help you rig the elections. You can verify this. Tinubu was rigging the elections in favour of Obj during federal elections before they fell apart.

One of the reasons GEJ lost was because northern governors and the entire northern PDP structures worked against him. Imagine how can kano get those ridiculous figures, were there no PDP members in the state. If only the PDP members decide to vote, shouldn't the result be different.

3 Likes

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by omobaba101(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
I'm so happy reading what a Northerner has written about 2015 elections. I voted in Kano precisely. It cost me over#100,000 to cast a vote because we could not even stay in our house but a hotel that isn't far to the Airforce base. It was the first time I actually began to have rethink about the forced Nigerian marriage and since then I have been a proponent of at least sincere restructuring. I told people that the reports that the card reader worked perfectly in the North was a big lie. It only read about 1 out of 48, but everyone was acreddited to vote. The manual accreditation started as soon as the polling booths were opened. The actual truth - Buhari didn't really win that election, he was rigged in by the Jega led Inec. While I'm not an ardent supporter of any politician, posterity will judge everyone and everything done in this country. Since 2015, I have actually been thinking of dual citizenship and regretting why I refused it when I had a clear cut opportunity. God bless Yakassai for his boldness to say this truth

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Vulcanheph(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Paperwhite:

You know the power of incumbency don't you? but Jonathan said "My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian" Can you count how many Buhari's own have consumed? Let your conscience talk to you
on point.
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by chiedozie198100: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

LMAO!This pig is grunting.

"Caused" indeed. Illiterate. I enjoy your frustration.

cursed
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by akum78: 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
Who asked ...
Re: How 2015 Poll Was Rigged In North – Tanko Yakassai by ejimatic: 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2018
Jonathan lost BC it was the turn of the north to present the president-Baba obasanjo was loyal to the agreement and that is why he is adored in the north always. Two thousand Jonathans could not do anything in 2015. The kingmakers would have thrown him away by force. In 2019 it is the second term of the north to present the president-nobody but the incumbent president will win the election-who can compete with him in the north?no one! In 2019 the kingmakers will sustain the agreement and ensure he has his second term like obasanjo and others ...so in 2015 the person that deserved to win won it and he will complete his tenure by winning in 2019 again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness / Hon Bello Mutari Shares Over 2,000 Mobile Phones In Kogi (VIDEO) / Bayelsa Youths Arrest Agip Pipeline Bombers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.