Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 (24496 Views)

Detained Adeleke To Be Arraigned In Abuja Today / Alex Otti Declares For Abia Governorship Seat (Photos) / Excited Supporters Welcome Ademola Adeleke To APC Secretariat For Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by bola565: 6:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Jackson 4 Governor, is like dis Adelekes don use Osun state collect loan
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Minjim: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2018
seguno2:
In the absence of any more credible alternative to the scourge of Aregbesola and APC, what are the people of Osun state going to do?
I would have preferred his late brother though. He should have beaten Aregbesola in 2014 instead of thuggish Omisore.
The good people of Osun state have suffered long enough under baba hafusa with his bogusly corrupt white elephant projects of little benefit to the society embarassed

You obviously don't know jack about Osun. No governor has developed Osun infracstructurally like Aregbe. The only issue that tinted his administration was the salary issue and the was largely due to recession which was a general occurrence.

So he has to do more than than dance

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by ejimatic: 6:34am On Apr 17, 2018
The fall and fall of PDP in Osun state.
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by BabaO2: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2018
Neyoor:
This man think he can dance his way up to the governorship seat. undecided that's just impossible. I'm ashamed, he is the senator representing my constituency. It would be so disastrous to have someone like him as Governor.

He will just turn the state to a party arena and be dancing up and down while citizens suffer for it.

Besides, we are not kwarans, we can't serve your brother till death and still keep serving you too.
l am afraid, this guy will win the election, Aregbesola has ruined APC in Osun. Aregbesola should have allowed the man to replace his dead brother at the Senate, but because of arrogance and nepotism..., Presently, Adeleke's popularity is on the rise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2018
seguno2:

Go to Kwara, you say?
Are you serious? Are you even Yoruba
Because if you are, you will know that we don’t benchmark our performance with the worst. We benchmark with the best.
Why did you leave out Lagos state where Aregbesola was commissioner for eight years under Tinubu?
Why not compare with Awolowo and Bola Ige who governed Osun as part of the old Western Region and as part of the old Oyo state?
Again, I ask, are you serious
So u telling me u are comparing d kind of revenue generated by Lagos state govt to Osun state? Or d allocation coming from federal govt is it at per with Lagos state? Were Lagos state is budgeting trillion osun is budgeting billions so man wen I mean kwara I know wot m saying bro

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Gassa007: 6:41am On Apr 17, 2018
OkutaNla:
I personally don't see him as a serious man. But na Osun PDP headache, not mine.
Because he dances,he is not a serious man.Must all your life be formal??
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by ejimatic: 6:47am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
E go hard for PDP to defeat APC in osun state
. PDP is divided already--Omisore and others will frustrate him. For example if omisore decamps to other party,PDP should forget ife central north south and east-----all six Ilesa local govts will go for apc---osun central will die for APC. --osun west will be shared only if a strong man is contesting there. But I have never seen the person for now. It is APC for victory

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by kingthreat(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2018
FatGuy:
Somebody up there is saying he doesn't see him as a serious man. Buhari wey be serious man wetin him don do?

Nonsense!

So more unserious people abi?
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by siraj1402(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
Umartins1:

You no sabi anything about Osun
Even with the divided house, you still believe PDP can win Osun.. Ko le possible

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Bash92(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2018
Minjim:

You obviously don't know jack about Osun. No governor has developed Osun infracstructurally like Aregbe. The only issue that tinted his administration was the salary issue and the was largely due to recession which was a general occurrence.

Mention the infrastructures please
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by emmasege: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Ede is not the only town in Osun West and neither is Adeleke family the only family. He should just continue partying in Abuja, we don't need him in Osun state.

What happens to other towns in the zone, starting from Iwo the Senatorial headquarters. Iwo is larger than Ede and is also historically ahead of Ede. Ikire and Ejigbo are also other notable towns in Osun West.

We are tired of recycling politicians from Ede and Adeleke family. Besides, this Ademola guy appears to lack the maturity, comportment and intelligence for that exalted office.

It's in PDP's interest not to field this club man.

3 Likes

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by mooresucre(f): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2018
Osun amala politics. Na this man want to give rescue pdp team error in osun. Omisore,jumoko,adejare Bello are not smilling. Pdp but your house in order. Or else, I see you guys splitting. Hmmmm SDP loading.
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by tillaman(m): 7:30am On Apr 17, 2018
Just Cause His Brother was Loved By D People Doesn't Mean He'll Smell That office, He's Not His Brother, Same Blood May Run Through Their Veins But THEY Are Different entities entirely

2 Likes

Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by seguno2: 7:41am On Apr 17, 2018
olagbola55:

So u telling me u are comparing d kind of revenue generated by Lagos state govt to Osun state? Or d allocation coming from federal govt is it at per with Lagos state? Were Lagos state is budgeting trillion osun is budgeting billions so man wen I mean kwara I know wot m saying bro

I also talked about Awolowo and Bola Ige. Why did you omit them?
Was Aregbesola not being stupid to spend money that he did not have on corruptly inflated white elephant projects, like the airport, without paying salaries, deductions and pensions owed for several months and years
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by seguno2: 7:48am On Apr 17, 2018
Minjim:

You have not said how much loans he has now compared to Oyinlola whom he and APC criticised in 2010?
Did Oyinlola owe salaries, deductions and pensions for several months and years like Aregbesola

Stallion77:
OSUN State Governor Rauf Aregbesola yesterday took a break from his usual official routine.
He appeared before the Prof. Femi Odekunle-led panel of inquiry set up by the government to investigate the circumstances surrounding the procurement of an N18.38 billion loan by his predecessor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.
The six-member panel has a mandate to look into other major financial transactions by the government between May 29, 2003 and November 27, 2010
Oyinlola, the National Secretary of the Peoples DemocraticParty (PDP), gave his evidence before the governor appeared at the panel.
Aregbesola said the idea behind the loan was not bad but its timing and application were wrong.
He also said the facility would have been unnecessary if the excess crude oil accruing to the State of the Living Spring had been judiciously applied.
The loan was obtained in the twilight of the Oyinlola administration to finance the establishment of six stadia and other projects
Aregbesola, whose administration inherited the N18.38 billion loan from the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc., explained why he renegotiated the facility with First Bankof Nigeria Plc.
He said his predecessor bequeathed unto him a government that was technically insolvent.
Stressing that there was nothing strange in a governmenttaking credit facility from financial institutions, Aregbesola said the way and manner the former governor drew down the loan in one fell swoop was questionable.
Equally disturbing, he noted, was the fact that the funds were lodged in an account with the same bank without accruing any interest for the state.
Aregbesola queried the rationale behind the simultaneouspayment of N615 million interests and charges on a loan which was obtained at the 11th hour of the administration.
He told the panel: “Why was the entire loan fully drawn bythe PDP administration prior to the commencement of projects, even when the construction periods of the various projects for which it was meant were between 12-24 months?
“It is imperative to note that the drawdown of the entire loan once and for all in a single day when the entire money was not required to be utilised immediately was suspect.”
Aregbesola also told the commission that Oyinlola’s actionexposed the government to interest liability for funds not needed and just idle in the bank.
The governor said: “The Oyinlola administration ran foul of simple rule of sound financial management. In exposing the state to huge monthly repayment of a sum of N615 million to service a loan that has no viable meansof repayment and need not to have been drawn down.
“On assumption of office, the state government directed the Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Budget to negotiate with the officials of UBA Plc and First Bank Plc which offered to refinance the N18.3 billion loan.
“UBA Plc insisted that the 13 per cent annual interest rate charged was the least it could offer and added that interest rate had gone up generally beyond 13 per cent asat December, 2010 when the negotiation took place.
“However, instead of a downward review of the rate, the bank insisted on 13 per cent interest rate per annum but offered to increase the tenor to 47 months.”
The governor said the unspent balance of the loan was returned to the bank to bring it down to N8.3 billion and that his administration had to shop for a more convenient credit line to pay off the balance and the bankcharges, adding that First Bank presented this convenientcredit line.
He noted that a credit line of N25 billion was offered by First Bank of Nigeria Plc, out of which only N8.6 billion was drawn-down to pay the UBA Plc outstanding loan in three tranches, adding that the approval of the Osun State House of Assembly was obtained in respect of the credit line.
Aregbesola said: “Accepting the First Bank’s offer of N25 Billion credit line will tremendously reduce the pressure placed on the finances of government by the suffocating sum of N615 million being paid to UBA Plc monthly.
“ Even if the whole N25 billion is drawn down at once, the government will only require a sum of N208 million for the next 12 months to service the interest element thus making a savings of N407 million monthly on the amount being paid to UBA Plc.
“ In the same vein, the amount that will be required to service the N25 billion loan, both principal and interest, atthe end of the moratorium period if the whole amount isdrawn down at once is N531 million which is lesser than what is currently being paid on N18.38 billion.
“Since drawings will be based on need, there is no way by which the whole N25 billion will be drawn down at once.
“Consequently, the amount that will be repaid monthly atany point in time after the moratorium period will be lesser than N531.”
His words: “There may be nothing wrong in government taking a loan facility. It is the hasty draw-down at once, thereby exposing the state to cut-throat interest payments on money not needed for utilisation and merely lying fallow in the same bank.”
Aregbesola said there was no way the state could continue to meet its social service obligations in education, health services and security among others without renegotiating the terms of the loan.
“Even though, a credit line of N25 billion was offered by First Bank of Nigeria Plc, only N8.6 billion was drawn-down to pay the UBA Plc,’’ Aregbesola said.
The governor said the N18.38 billion loan would not have been necessary, if the excess crude oil accrual to the state was well managed.
In his testimony, former governor Oyinlola said the financial needs of the state pushed his administration into the procurement of N18.38 billion loan in 2010.
Oyinlola said: “A reduction in the federal allocation to states in 2009, when the crises in the Niger Delta was verypronounced affected oil production, which is the main source of the nation’s economy.”
Besides, the former governor said the issue of new minimum wage and the need to embark on other developmental projects required funds for its implementation.
He said: “At that time, salaries of civil servants and pensions consumed 90 per cent of the earnings of the state and the leadership of the state House of Assembly advised us to take the loan to address germane issues of 2010 Budget.
“As a responsible and responsive government, we took the advice of the legislature, then analyse the projects that would have impact on the lives of the people of the state and arrived at N18.38 billion.
“A memo was taken and passed by excecutive council and approval of the House of Assembly was sought and obtained since it is practically impossible to summon every citizen of the state to take a decision on it.
“The constitutional voice of the people is the House of Assembly, which means the people of Osun took the loan by the approval of their representatives in the House.”
The former governor further said that he lacked power to unilaterally take decision on the affairs of the state.
On the upgrading and rehabilitation of nine Technical Colleges contracts, Oyinlola said: “What informed our decision was the inability of government to provide employment for unemployed graduates.
“We intended to upgrade the colleges so that these jobless graduates would go there and pick a trade and become employers of labour.”
Oyinlola said that the poor performance of students in science subjects and Mathematics made his administrationto award contract for kits for the use of pupils in primaryand secondary schools.
On the six stadia projects, the governor said that it was the youths of the state that called the attention of its administration to the development of sports, during one of the open forum programme organised by his government.
He added that if equality was anything to go by, infrastructural development must be replicated in each ofthe zones across the state.
In his conclusion, Oyinlola said that his intention was to pay off the loan before the end of his tenure.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/61474-i-inherited-a-bankrupt-state-says-osun-governor-aregbesola.html
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Skepticus: 7:51am On Apr 17, 2018
October1960:
Takes a greedy fool to get elected in Nigeria. So he will probably win and continue guiding Osun to the bottom.

Nigerians and bad political choices are Siamese twins.

I have given up on them
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by seguno2: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2018
Bombiday:
Well I believe Omisore is also going to run but the truth is all these people are cut from the same cloth. We have been talking about supporting smaller/other parties with more integrity but not that many people know about Hon. Femi Kehinde under AD. He has really gained a lot of ground as a man of the people having even previously held office but we only hear about the Omisores and Adelekes. This country is confusing abeg.

I thought that you heard about Hon. Femi Kehinde?
What have you done to ensure that many others in Osun also hear about him?
If you have done little or nothing, who do you expect to make many others hear about him?
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Barblow(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2018
I have been waiting for this. He is keeping his brother's HOPE ALIVE
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Wakago: 8:34am On Apr 17, 2018
He will help Osun people dance away their sorrow grin
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Osaze007: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2018
Minjim:

Only issue ?
What about is treatment of religious issue
And allowing that Iwo man to declare himself Governor
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2018
FatGuy:
Somebody up there is saying he doesn't see him as a serious man. Buhari wey be serious man wetin him don do?

Nonsense!
Guy, you have a point.
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by walexydo: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2018
tj4luck:
The day this kind of man becomes the governor of Osun state that's the day I conclude something is really wrong with only Osun people. What does he really have upstairs? He's just an opportunist and product of circumstance.
No wonder you voted for a tout who claimed to be a true Muslim but later found out to be a confirmed herbalist ( I am talking of aregbesola).at least everybody knows he likes dancing and by the way what has dancing as a hobby got to do with his seriousness for providing good governance to the people of Osun state
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by powerblaze(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2018
Dis man wey dey dance like small pikin wey chop chicken for the first time. angry
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Bombiday(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
seguno2:

I thought that you heard about Hon. Femi Kehinde?
What have you done to ensure that many others in Osun also hear about him?
If you have done little or nothing, who do you expect to make many others hear about him?

So what are we the electorate expected to do to create awareness for an underdog candidate? I know I have mentioned him here so that's something. .
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by seguno2: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bombiday:
So what are we the electorate expected to do to create awareness for an underdog candidate? I know I have mentioned him here so that's something. .

This is the major problem with black people. Wanting something but not ready to work for it and waiting for someone else to do the work and then share the outcome with them, expecting that he will not receive anything in return.
We will remain impoverished scums in shittyhole nations forever. No be curse.
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Bombiday(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
seguno2:

This is the major problem with black people. Wanting something but not ready to work for it and waiting for someone else to do the work and then share the outcome with them, expecting that he will not receive anything in return.
We will remain impoverished scums in shittyhole nations forever. No be curse.

No be fight too. What's the way forward?
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by seguno2: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bombiday:
No be fight too. What's the way forward?

Identify and encourage more credible candidates, like the guy you mentioned to contest at local, state and federal elections into the executive and legislative arms of government.
Encourage by getting your PVC ready and ensuring that everyone around you gets their own too. Further encourage by donating your savings and mobilising others to do likewise except you want godfathers and area fathers to hijack your candidate, invest in his campaign and collect their just returns. Obasanjo’s Ibadan garrison commander, Lamidi Adedibu is one of the worst examples. Do you want that
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by ogunladeabiodun: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Neyoor:
This man think he can dance his way up to the governorship seat. undecided that's just impossible. I'm ashamed, he is the senator representing my constituency. It would be so disastrous to have someone like him as Governor.

He will just turn the state to a party arena and be dancing up and down while citizens suffer for it.

Besides, we are not kwarans, we can't serve your brother till death and still keep serving you too.
u have done that alrady,recall he is a replacement of his late brother
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by Bowwow11(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
emmasege:
Ede is not the only town in Osun West and neither is Adeleke family the only family. He should just continue partying in Abuja, we don't need him in Osun state.

What happens to other towns in the zone, starting from Iwo the Senatorial headquarters. Iwo is larger than Ede and is also historically ahead of Ede. Ikire and Ejigbo are also other notable towns in Osun West.

We are tired of recycling politicians from Ede and Adeleke family. Besides, this Ademola guy appears to lack the maturity, comportment and intelligence for that exalted office.

It's in PDP's interest not to field this club man.
am glad that this is coming from you that senator is fool he is immature he just destroy the Adelekes family political history
Re: Ademola Adeleke To Contest For Osun Governorship Seat In 2019 by DSDLIVEREPORT: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
deomelllo:

Jolly fella is the new requirement for competency and public service...?

The man is known for his silly, ridiculous dancing and clowning around like a big fat fool instead of performance and what his people put him in office to do.

U call someone father a fool . Maybe u should be in a place where yours is being called one.
Chose your words right even if u are making a point which in this case u aren't making. Good luck

U call someone father a fool . Maybe u should be in a place where yours is being called one.
Chose your words right even if u are making a point which in this case u aren't making. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#SayHerNameNigeria: Protest Rocks Abuja, Lagos Over Police Raid On Women (pics) / Police Arrest ESN Chief Priest In Imo, Recover Dangerous Weapons / Nigeria Independence Day Celebration In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.