Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB (14286 Views)

Nobody Wants To Give Me Credit For June 12 '93 Election, Says Babangida / 2019 Election: IBB Backs Atiku For President! / Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by michoim(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2018
You can see how trickish this man is. He jokes with the Nigerian nation all the time. He surely would never ever meant well for the Nigerian nation. The election he conducted and cancelled, is what he is now looking forward to be credited...
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by chigo5(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
If toh say Nigeria nah better country, you 4 spend the rest of your life in prison, cause if the people that were killed after you annulled the June 12 election.

One of the reason our economy is this bad is because of the annulment of the June 12 election, the Nigeria economy started collapsing from the day he annulled that election.

If he had peacefully hand over power to MKO abiola,the likes of abacha won't have been able to take over power.

Annulling the June 12 election was a very foolish and stupid move by IBB because it could have lead to civil war
civil war between who and who north vs west? Hehehe story
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Mrluv(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2018
kokoA:
With due respect, this Baba has made no sense. It was the freest election, we agree. Nice one! But why was it annulled? You handed over the country to an interim government while we had a president elect, does that make any sense to a sane mind?
guys this your statement make me laugh
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2018
Ebullience:
Nigeria’s former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (Rtd), cares to know the real reason why the presidential election conducted in 1993 was annulled, or give him credit for how fair the poll was.

General Babangida said this during an exclusive interview on Roadmap 2019, a Channels Television programme that aired on Monday.

The late Moshood Abiola, a philanthropist and successful businessman, had won the election which was later cancelled by the then military junta headed by General Babangida.

The poll, which was adjudged as one of the freest and fairest in Nigeria’s democratic history, was the first presidential election held in Nigeria since 1983 when the military took power in a coup.

The late MKO Abiola of the then Social Democratic Party (SDP) had defeated Bashir Tofa of the defunct National Republican Convention (NCP).

Twenty-five years later, General Babangida was displeased that despite explaining why the June 12 election was cancelled, nobody cared to listen to him.

He said he had a good relationship with the presumed winner of the election whom he said they had communicated at different occasions.

“Nobody has ever sat down to say the two persons are friends, what went wrong? We tried to rationalise why we had to do what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us,” the elder statesman said.

“I have never seen anybody write anything on this to try to give people a different version altogether. He (Abiola) knew my feeling; I knew his feeling about the country generally because I do talk about Nigeria with the presumed winner of the truly democratically freest election. We even talked about it during the crisis itself.”

Babangida stressed further that the election was widely accepted to be the freest in the history of Nigeria, but he has yet to get a credit for conducting the poll.

He decried that Nigerians were instead interested in ‘he cancelled the freest election, noting that he loved being criticised.

On whether is he is planning to write an autobiography, the former military president said, “People may not read it because it’s coming from a dictator. Yea, he cancelled June 12 and that will kill the thing about the book, but I will try.

“I hope one day if God spares my life I will discuss about it (June 12 elections) because I still believe people don’t get what we were trying to put across.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/04/16/nobody-gives-me-credit-for-conducting-nigerias-freest-election-ibb/

What kind of stupid talk is this coming from Babangida. It's like the good Lord has finally avenged Nigerians of all the evil IBB did to us, by blessing him with mental illness
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Omololu2121: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2018
chigo5:
you're a kid,now go and play with your toys smiley

Unfollows thread
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by chigo5(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
you're a kid,now go and play with your toys smiley

Unfollows thread
grown up go and hustle .......follows thread.
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by deepsuk(f): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2018
Yes you ruined us forever
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by ddeola: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
NO WAY because you flunked it
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Billionboi: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
lovere:
Because you annulled it.
Na him spoil m poo with his own hand.
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by blazhykowskyi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
chigo5:

If you were not born then, ask questions.

The easterners abandoned SW and returned home. A lot of hausas were killed in the SW. You can ask any hausa around.
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Charly68: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
koladebrainiac:
TFU . U WEY SUPPOSE GO TO JAIL. YOU WASTED OUR TIME AND MONEY
The Baba is really suffering from old age..imagine asking for accolade for wasting our resources for selfish purpose

1 Like

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by kjhova(m): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is why we advise Nigerians to stay off Codeine mixtures. Same IBB who has kept his peace on this matter for 25 years suddenly starts spewing trash apparently after sipping some gutter water from one of his junkie grandson's collections!!

The only credit this man deserves is a single bullet to the head.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by progress69: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
saaron:
When I look at this shiit hole I just shake my head in pity for some Nigerians, especially One Nigeria praise singers. Most Nigerians have no idea that there's a written constitution that says a Southern Muslim will NEVER be President of Nigeria, same way a Northern Christian will NEVER be president of Nigeria. Why did you think 1993 election was annulled despite the wide claim that it was free and fair? If Bashir Tofa from north had won 1993 election, that election will NEVER be annulled!
You think Nigeria is rooted in Justice and fairness? Very soon one Nigeria singers will see the fraudness call Nigeria.

Bro...get busy with your life...
You always sound pained in your comments and they never make any sense. You keep cooking your berr palor tales and rubbish conspiracy theories and littering every thread with them. Do u need a job? I can assist u
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by saaron(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
progress69:

Bro...get busy with your life...
You always sound pained in your comments and they never make any sense. You keep cooking your berr palor tales and rubbish conspiracy theories and littering every thread with them. Do u need a job? I can assist u
Your fellow BMC crew members like Sarrki, buharisguy and others who are exhaustively spending their entire lives defending failure unsuccessfully on Nairaland need the job more.
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by koladebrainiac(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
Charly68:
The Baba is really suffering from old age..imagine asking for accolade for wasting our resources for selfish purpose
he thought he has paid his dues! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by tjadeba(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thunder fire you there babangida
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by ogbutony(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
BABA WANTS SOME ACCOLADES!!
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by ogomsky: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
IBB, needs to be remorseful. you mean, you should be given credit for annulling the election. Babangida,better hide your face in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by progress69: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
saaron:
Your fellow BMC crew members like Sarrki, buharisguy and others who are exhaustively spending their entire lives defending failure unsuccessfully on Nairaland need the job more.

Bro, dont take it personal grin
It was just an honest advice
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by AreaFada2: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Basic123:
I am very sure that the most regretable act in IBB life is that annulment!

It really showed in this utterance!

He would have been abdulsalam abubakre of Nigeria today

Very true.

More regretful because he listened to certain people who did not mean well for Nigeria. It was not his decision alone. There were both local entrenched interests & foreign powers involved.

IBB succumbed to foreign powers because he has huge sums of money kept abroad. That was his weak point.

Abiola was too vocal about slave reparation fund. He was also too strong-willed. That didn't sit well with the West.

Sadly IBB has been too "maradonic" to just come clean and apologise. He's still spinning the story. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by hassinho707(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
return our Yam.but who killed dele Giwa?
Baba
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Lipscomb(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Very useless man .there was no rational explanation in his action .

1 Like

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by kareemkamil(m): 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
May Almighty God, ruing those of u that ruing this country & your unborn children.
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by dododawa1: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
IBB =DANGOTE root evil backing =nigeria problem
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by juddy4life: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:
If toh say Nigeria nah better country, you 4 spend the rest of your life in prison, cause if the people that were killed after you annulled the June 12 election.

One of the reason our economy is this bad is because of the annulment of the June 12 election, the Nigeria economy started collapsing from the day he annulled that election.

If he had peacefully hand over power to MKO abiola,the likes of abacha won't have been able to take over power.

Annulling the June 12 election was a very foolish and stupid move by IBB because it could have lead to civil war
Who will fight the war? which people get liver to fight?
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by sakabien: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
E be like say this guy they mad...
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
Omololu2121:

what exactly did abacha do ?
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by josessybj: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
You are one of Nigeria biggest problem till date?
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Fourwinds: 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
saaron:
When I look at this shiit hole I just shake my head in pity for some Nigerians, especially One Nigeria praise singers. Most Nigerians have no idea that there's a written constitution that says a Southern Muslim will NEVER be President of Nigeria, same way a Northern Christian will NEVER be president of Nigeria. Why did you think 1993 election was annulled despite the wide claim that it was free and fair? If Bashir Tofa from north had won 1993 election, that election will NEVER be annulled!
You think Nigeria is rooted in Justice and fairness? Very soon one Nigeria singers will see the fraudness call Nigeria.
if Goodluck Jonathan wasn't elected, you would have said a Southern Christian too....come wake up from your slumber
Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by mrLhanray(m): 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
IBB's actions during his time in power, collapsed Nigeria in all aspect. All institutions in this country collapsed and it's been difficult to resurrect them.
The least he can do now is to apologise for June 12 annulment, rather than explain the unexplainable. Abiola won, IBB denied him his mandate.
Nigeria's problems started in IBB's time in office, he should just keep quiet and stay in Minna, while his off-springs enjoy the wealth he amassed. They brought in Abacha who was a Dictator

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Gives Me Credit For Conducting Nigeria’s Freest Election – IBB by Okoroawusa: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
saaron:
Please don't derail this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kebbi Government Releases 111 Prisoners Over Coronavirus / Akeredolu, Makinde : President Buhari Give Nod To Tackle Criminals / Presidential Jet Gulps Billions In Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.