Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (58379 Views)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Dareal90s(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2018
No blame, as long as it's built with the members voluntary contribution, I support big church like this instead of small churches all around lingering our environment, and to those saying if this is how industries ar build naija will be better, I'll love to let you knw most people work in the church, pastors, evangelists, cleaners, drivers etc, they are being paid for their works, if churches are closed in Nigeria the prison will accommodate more criminals than ever.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by martineverest(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2018
paxonel:
my only concern is, will this 5 billion naira building improve the moral values of church members?
If they continue with the kinda teachings of kumuyi i don't think so .
The church fine but the access road nor good.
That is to let you know that this edifice is futile to the society .
A waste!

When Nigerians go get sense?
ur first sentence nailed everything

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Dottore: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2018
In this part of of the world, more attention is given to religious creed than education, health institutions accountable leadership, infrastructural development, and improved standard of living of the citizenry.

Churches keep competing for who owns the biggest "worship centre", who owns more branches and whose Go is better packaged.

There are countless religious bodies and structures everywhere yet the country is as corrupt as u can imagine. I keep wondering what the religious institutions are teaching and why isn't their teachings influencing the lifestyle of their adherents.

Developed countries and Asian countries like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, and Japan didn't attain their outstanding heights by promoting religion. Agreed that they have their respective religious affiliations and belief, their government never prioritized religious activities in the list governmental responsibilities.
Here people are encouraged to pray and believe that a great miracle is on the way when simple logic and sound judgement is needed in their daily life encounter or challenges.

Where exactly are we going with all these?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by flamingREED(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2018
Deeper Life:
An anvil that has worn out many hammersmiths.
The Ariel view depicts a dove - that must symbolise the Third Person - the Spirit of Truth.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by drey076(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2018
I have a lot of respect for this church. God will bless those people that funded the building of this church.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by enonche85(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2018
paxonel:
my only concern is, will this 5 billion naira building improve the moral values of church members?
If they continue with the kinda teachings of kumuyi i don't think so .
The church fine but the access road nor good.
That is to let you know that this edifice is futile to the society .
A waste!

When Nigerians go get sense?

No worry oga, we choose not to have sense in this situation.

Have u forgotten that this church has been there even when the roads were bad n that access bridge was not there as well?..the bridge n roads were constructed to ease traffic...so why would the residents now complain when the environment is better than b4?.
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by wink2015(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2018
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MUST STOP ALL THIS PROLIFERATION OF CHURCH BUILDINGS IN NIGERIA.

This has become the norms in Nigeria in recent times especially with the increasing growth of churches and it has worsen to the extent of each church general overseer bitterly and fiercely competing with other church overseer over choice land space in the country.

THIS IS NOT THE CHURCH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST SPOKE ON IN THE BIBLE.

Worst of all, all this edifice are taking important land areas that would have been use for Industrial areas that is a place where companies can establish industries that will create jobs in Nigeria.

From Lagos state, down to Ogun state to other parts of Nigeria it is the same story as greedy pastor are acquiring landed property that would have been used to create employment.

CHURCH DOES NOT CREATE CONVENTIONAL EMPLOYMENT AS THAT IS NOT THE CALLING OF THE CHURCHES.

The calling of the Church is to spread the gospel truth about the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD ENACT NEW LAWS TO TACKLE THE UNFRIENDLY SPIRAL OF OUR CHURCHES WHO ARE HELL BENT ON TAKING OVER MASSIVE LANDS SPACE MEANT FOR OUR FUTURE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.

Governors and other politicians that are aiding some of this socalled men of God to carry out this nefarious act should desist henceforth.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! OUR CHURCH MUST LEAVE THE LAND FOR THE YOUTH AND FUTURE GENERATION THAT NEED THIS SPACE TO ENGAGE THEMSELVES JOB AND EMPLOYEMENT WISE.

Take for example, see the massive land that was acquired by MERCYLAND CHURCH ALONG THE EFFURUN/SAPELE/BENIN ROAD NOT FAR FROM THE EFFURUN ROUND ABOUT IN DELTA STATE. That is such a big expanse of land which could have been use to set up Industries to engage our youth.

The Adeboye, Oyedepo, Benson & Margaret Idahosa, God-dowell Avwomakpa, Ayo Oritsejafor, John Mark Igosotu, etc must leave our land for us.

STOP APPROPRIATE FUTURE LAND THAT IS MEANT FOR INDUSTRIES TO BUILD CHURCHES THAT IS NOT EVEN ADDING VALUED GROWTH TO SOCIETY.

Our Politicians must also sit up. So long as they continue to renege on their constitutional responsibility the churches will continue to invade land that is meant for public good, industrial growth, development and progress.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Primesky(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2018
flyca:
Everyone is shouting "Halleluya", "Praise God" all over. No one has spared a thought to the inconvinence this has brought to the residents of Gbagada and environs.

When I get into authority, this one and many others are going down! Nanzenze! angry

' ...I will build my church and the gates of hell shall NOT prevail against it..' - Jesus.

No wonder the devil is attacking the financial aspect of the church. Hahaha... God is on the move! The next thing is a mighty spiritual rival that will shake the world. The King is about to mess up the kingdom of darkness. All these attacks are initial gragra.

Jesus is the way.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by wakes: 10:49am On Apr 18, 2018
Wow! Simply amazing.
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by ikorodureporta: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Why by special invitation? I suppoz to go see this place too....
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by gbemoh: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2018
You are concerned....or you just want to critizize. A project of this budget, and you are hear critizizing.

You think we engineers went to school to play, if you like it applaud quality work done, if you dont just shut it and keep your comments.

Its today you decide to be the safety officer of deeper life/town planning.

dorox:
I hope there are enough fire exits out of the building in the event of an emergency, because the restricted ingress and exit doors in that picture will become a death trap should thousands of people suddenly decide to rush for the exit.

Ideally, the children's section should be very close and accessible to the exits for obvious reasons. That is why I am very concerned that the children's safety might not have been prioritized by putting the children's church in the basement which is far from the exits and also requires going up the stairs.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by barrybanbi: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2018
OTayobami:

that's why you can never get into authority. Have you ever thought of that? Wait o! are you just seeking attention or you mean it? tongue
that's you can never get into authority. Have you ever thought of that? Wait o! are you just seeking attention or you mean it?
Instead the of you to be objective in your comment,Ua saying somebody wouldn’t get to position of authority for saying his mind, have been to that area and see how narrow the road is? On the same tiny street lies general hospital and harvesters church. Why making life that is already difficult more difficult? No amount of LASTMA, can help in this situation, another wharf apapa gridlock in the making. That project should not have been approved. There are more spacious areas like Lagos - Ibadan is express road

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Primesky(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Bustincole:
See church like conference center, and you said pastoral job is not a good job

Im leavin my current job for a pastoral job

wit immediate effect

The hardest job in the whole world is to be a pastor. If only people understand this, most people will run away from it. They will receive harsher punishment if they fail. Their judgement is fiercer than that of ordinary persons. If you're not called by God, don't enter. I am not one though.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Horus:
Church leaders accept tithes in the name of God. They'll say “God needs your help building the church, ” What does god need with a multi-million dollar church Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath,they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.

Get close to deeperlifers, they are for holiness true and true.
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by ikorodureporta: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2018
They must hav gotten the plans when d area wasnt densely populated
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by darecool(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2018
heendrix:

that's why people like you don't succeed pass street/local government level heendrix say so write it dwn and quote me anywhere

He will succeed. Paul Kegame succeeded and he's still succeeding. The truth is what you don't like, but it doesn't change it from being the truth.
I know people like you will be aspiring to travel to the western world because of how organized they are but you'll never want to allow the same in your own country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by wakes: 10:57am On Apr 18, 2018
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Beautiful smiley
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by enonche85(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2018
Dottore:
In this part of of the world, more attention is given to religious creed than education, health institutions accountable leadership, infrastructural development, and improved standard of living of the citizenry.

Churches keep competing for who owns the biggest "worship centre", who owns more branches and whose Go is better packaged.

There are countless religious bodies and structures everywhere yet the country is as corrupt as u can imagine. I keep wondering what the religious institutions are teaching and why isn't their teachings influencing the lifestyle of their adherents.

Developed countries and Asian countries like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, and Japan didn't attain their outstanding heights by promoting religion. Agreed that they have their respective religious affiliations and belief, their government never prioritized religious activities in the list governmental responsibilities.
Here people are encouraged to pray and believe that a great miracle is on the way when simple logic and sound judgement is needed in their daily life encounter or challenges.

And u think religion is the problem of this country and religion is what will fix this country?...have u wondered why we Africans have more natural resources yet we are poorest?...have u wondered why ur country Nigeria exports crude oil, refine it, then buy it back into the country?.

The problem with this country is not the religious bodies but 'U and I', it is beyond 12hrs a day prayer. If we as citizens don't do our part nothing will change.

The religious bodies are doing their part by teaching the morals 'U and I' need to make our country better, every institution has their part to play...what is yours?...
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by opribo(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2018
First and foremost, it is a magnificent edifice, congrats to all DLBC members.
However, I pray adequate plans are in place for it's continuous maintenance which is the bane of our society.

Surely I can envisage that a new donation channel must be opened towards it's huge maintenance cost.
Again, if there is always a terrible traffic on Lagos-Ibadan expressway that is in the outskirts of town during RCCG programs, tell me what type of traffic plan do you want to put in place to avoid a lock-jam situation for an already congested small area like Gbagada.
MFM in Onike is a typical case study, it is a no go area for motorist during their programs.
Nobody should justify this structure here, definitely the Nigerian angle must have gone into approving such a structure in the heart of Gbagada. Maybe some dignitaries will fly in with helicopter on that day of commissioning while the ordinary ones as usual will be asked to trek kilometers away to the building. Maybe they will even collect tickets at the gate now that they have barriers into a church. Whatever happened to keeping it simple and short.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by folake4u(f): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2018
undecided Hope it improves their standard of living too?
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by gbemoh: 11:00am On Apr 18, 2018
So after your long talk, what is your point please ??

You not happy the headquaters built this edifice ??

I can imagine how some people must have felt when King Solomon, commisioned the temple he built too, with so much quality materials and design at that time

The gates of hell can't stop this, neither hate nor death, The church would keep marching forward.

Take heart boy

Dottore:

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Ogunleti01: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Deeper Life- Holy people

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by gbemoh: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2018
So after your long talk, what is your point please ??

You not happy the headquaters built this edifice ??

I can imagine how some people must have felt when King Solomon, commisioned the temple he built too, with so much quality materials and design at that time

Profilation or Persecution, the gates of hell can't stop this, neither hate nor death nor government , The church would keep marching forward.

Take heart boy

wink2015:
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MUST STOP ALL THIS PROLIFERATION OF CHURCH BUILDINGS IN NIGERIA.

This has become the norms in Nigeria in recent times especially with the increasing growth of churches and it has worsen to the extent of each church general overseer bitterly and fiercely competing with other church overseer over choice land space in the country.

Worst of all, all this edifice are taking important land areas that would have been use for Industrial areas that is a place where companies can establish industries that will create jobs in Nigeria.

From Lagos state, down to Ogun state to other parts of Nigeria it is the same story as greedy pastor are acquiring landed property that would have been used to create employment.

CHURCH DOES NOT CREATE CONVENTIONAL EMPLOYMENT AS THAT IS NOT THE CALLING OF THE CHURCHES.

The calling of the Church is to spread the gospel truth about the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD ENACT NEW LAWS TO TACKLE THE UNFRIENDLY SPIRAL OF OUR CHURCHES WHO ARE HELL BENT ON TAKING OVER MASSIVE LANDS SPACE MEANT FOR OUR FUTURE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.

Governors and other politicians that are aiding some of this socalled men of God to carry out this nefarious act should desist henceforth.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! OUR CHURCH MUST LEAVE THE LAND FOR THE YOUTH AND FUTURE GENERATION THAT NEED THIS SPACE TO ENGAGE THEMSELVES JOB AND EMPLOYEMENT WISE.

Take for example, see the massive land that was acquired by MERCYLAND CHURCH ALONG THE EFFURUN/SAPELE/BENIN ROAD NOT FAR FROM THE EFFURUN ROUND ABOUT IN DELTA STATE. That is such a big expanse of land which could have been use to set up Industries to engage our youth.

The Adeboye, Oyedepo, Benson & Margaret Idahosa, God-dowell Avwomakpa, Ayo Oritsejafor, John Mark Igosotu, etc must leave our land for us.

STOP APPROPRIATE FUTURE LAND THAT IS MEANT FOR INDUSTRIES TO BUILD CHURCHES THAT IS NOT EVEN ADDING VALUED GROWTH TO SOCIETY.

Our Politicians must also sit up. So long as they continue to renege on their constitutional responsibility the churches will continue to invade land that is meant for public good, industrial growth, development and progress.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by jpmoriarti(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2018
"However, the most high does not dwell in temple made by human hands" Acts 7:48.

I know there's no God in that building. All na wash! God dwells in your heart and in our neighbours in need of help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Spatta: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2018
Beautiful exterior does not guarantee a beautiful life,
It is pathetic how churches are upgrading their edifice and struggling to have the best structure on earth while several of us have departed from the simplicity of the gospel of Jesus
I hope our holiness is not just a mere window dressing
God is not impressed with new buildings but a new life that keeps shining to the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Primesky(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2018
wink2015:

O Lord, please just let this man see hell just for 2 minutes!

Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity! If you only know how important the gospel preached from these churches are, you won't write what did now.

Our concern should be to rid it of gamblers and fakes. Not to stop it.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by adesekosam(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2018
I dont blame all these people insulting the church. Before people will say that deeper life members are poor and their churches are always wretched. They will say that they only use planks to build their churces blah blah blah. One thing I've come to accept is that no matter which way u go people will always have something to say. Is it u people's money that was used in building the church. If a member feels expoited then he should not pay. Because I can remember quite clearly when we were making pledges for the church it was not compulsory and members were told to pledge whatever they were capable of. So if anybody is sad or jealous about the church go knack ur head for wall. Btw the issue of traffic was adequately resolved as the church took it upon itself to construct flyovers and bridges around the area. The honest truth is that it is a great achievement for the church and I'm really happy for the church.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by XingXhang(m): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2018
flyca:
Everyone is shouting "Halleluya", "Praise God" all over. No one has spared a thought to the inconvinence this has brought to the residents of Gbagada and environs.

When I get into authority, this one and many others are going down! Nanzenze! angry

You'll go down Six Feet, in a month. You can't kick against the God.
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by Emeritus001(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2018
Hmmm, how many graduates will be employed through this?, how many poverty will this alleviate?...Is this contributing to the technological and innovation progress of Nigeria... How much is needed to establish a multinational companies that will create employment opportunities for the unemployed youth of the church if not Nigerian youth.... This is total waste in this state of poverty and unemployment... I think we need more companies in Nigeria why we maintain the existing churches..... I wonder the number of pick pocket and thieves that will always visit this venue during programs

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by paix(m): 11:10am On Apr 18, 2018
The church is so large, how can the congregants see the preacher? I know it is (was) not in their character to use TV screens, or is this a new deeper life?
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by DrMuzungu(m): 11:10am On Apr 18, 2018
We don't need schools!!!
We don't need hospitals!!!!!!
We don't need a sane and non-thieving government!!!!!!!!!

Well, figure it out.
Re: Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures by XingXhang(m): 11:10am On Apr 18, 2018
samson15:
Did you say N5 billion naira? You must be a joker. You don't know half of it. This project was scheduled to be completed in three to five years or so. And the budget then was N21 billion naira. Now, it was finished in 13 years. Add the flyover, and you may not get anything less than N40 billion or so. God bless Deeper Life jor

I was wondering. This could never be a 5 billion project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's 60th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.