Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music (62733 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Prince Dele Banjo's Letter To Kumuyi / Deeper Life Headquarters Church Building Lagos, Set To Be Commissioned (Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by daughters13: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
The anti-indecency campaigner and deeper life member, Prince Dele Banjo has staged a peaceful protest at the Deeper Life Headquarters at Gbagada, Lagos.

The protest is in connection with the introduction of unconventional music to Deeper Life.

Prince Dele Banjo stated:

"We are surprised about the introduction of unconventional music as well as the invitation of Gospel rock stars to Deeper Life. We are also surprised about the invitation of local Christian musicians that are not advocates of modesty to deeper life.

We are surprised because pastor Kumuyi who is our father in the Lord did not raise us his children with such music. Instead, he raised us with modesty, holiness and the belief that we should worship God with our book of hymns alone using low toned and humble songs.

Pastor Kumuyi was the one that taught us all we know about modesty and holiness, so we are surprised that our teacher is changing direction and he is inviting international Gospel rock stars and local musicians that are not advocates of modesty to come and sing at deeper life.

We strongly believe that as a holiness church, deeper life ought to stick with our choir and our God given hymn book alone. We don't need unnecessary noise from these American gospel rockstars and these local Christian musicians.

Our God given and humble choir at deeper life that consists of those lovely teenagers, keyboardists and trumpeters is enough for us at deeper life.

Since he is our father in the Lord, we hereby request an explanation from him; we want to our dear father in the Lord to defend the invitation of rockstars and local Christian musicians that are not advocates of modesty.

We hold in our hands the book of hymns in order to prove to everyone that all we need in deeper life is our God given book of hymns.

Thank you very much"

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Righteousness2(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Brother, as a young man born in Deeper life Bible Church in the Early 80's and Grommed in DLBC until 2004 when I moved to the The Lords Chosen, I must say you have a very Valid Protest!

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Very Strong Message to HIS Church and HIS servant. The ways of GOD ALMIGHTY are not the ways of Men.
The ALMIGHTY HOLY GOD will not change HIS Standard because of a Changing World.

I Pray HIS Servant and one of the Core Holiness Apostles and Generals of this Generation, Pastor WF Kumuyi takes note of this Peaceful Protest.

186 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by CUMIN: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dementedd fellows. Fighting about religion

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Nosayer: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
Righteousness2:
Brother, as a young man born in Deeper life Bible Church in the Early 80's and Grommed in DLBC until 2004 when I moved to the The Lords Chosen, I must say you have a very Valid Protest!

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Strong Message to His Church.

I Pray HIS Servant and one of the Core Holiness Apostles of this Generation, Pastor WF Kumuyi takes note of this Peaceful Protest.

So the gospel artistes that were invited to sing at Deeper Life programs are going to hell fire and Pastor Kumuyi is now one of their accomplice?

Can we differentiate what it means to have true knowledge of Christ apart from being inclined towards religion?

Mr Righteousness, I'm disappointed in you sir. You actually belong to those who think righteousness is only by the garment you wear, the way you walk etc (salvation by work).

As long as the pastor is not telling people to go against the principles of Jesus, the rest of the traditions can rot away as they should.

480 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
I'm of the opinion that Kumuyi is trying separate the things that were man-made from those that be of God in his doctrine, so kudos to him.

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nosayer:
So the gospel artistes that were invited to sing at Deeper Life programs are going to hell fire and Pastor Kumuyi is now one of their accomplice?

Can we differentiate what it means to have true knowledge of Christ apart from being inclined towards religion?

Mr Righteousness, I'm disappointed in you sir. You actually belong to those who think righteousness is only by the garment you wear, the way you walk etc (salvation by work).

As long as the pastor is not telling people to go against the principles of Jesus, the rest of the traditions can rot away as they should.
I am not trying to hold brief for the one you responded to,only the claim you made caught my attention.. undecided

Jesus Christ warned against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) declaring that they are all lies that lead men away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. According to Jesus Christ, a belief steeped in lies will never turn out to be true and this is a logical rule really ...

TRUE + FALSE = FALSE
FALSE + (- TRUE) = FALSE

So where do you get this idea that when the rest of the traditions(all lies) rot away, somehow Truth that is of Jesus Christ will be revealed? undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Sheleads(f): 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
I am waiting for deeper life members to come confirm the truth in this allegation, because i don't believe that Pastor Kumuyi can backslide to this extent... Mbanunu.

4 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Ola17: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Brother Kumuyi, like every good businessman is restrategizing and following the market trends so I wonder why the sheeples are getting their panties in a bunch over good business practices

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sheleads:
I am waiting for deeper life members to come confirm the truth in this allegation, because i don't believe that Pastor Kumuyi can backslide to this extent... Mbanunu.
Backslide? You mean his invitations to popular singers like Don Moen, the other Nataniel man among others is cause to conclude he has backslidden? Neverminding the fact that the doctrines and traditions of his church are of men and not of God, one of them being the lie that Salvation comes at no cost to you? undecided

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by pegix(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Rubbish and useless claim

The introduction of new music to the church is welcoming
I'm in my early 20s and i must say we love it

Was born into the church...all of us

We tired of them 17th and 18th century hymns
The introduction was for the youth definitely...we cant relate no more to those old sounds

We don't even know the composers

Funny enough most time we dont sings these songs by ourselves...it always prerecorded in some tapes

If u think na lie go to any local deeperlife church

Personally i don't get move too much by those sounds

They old, music has changed over the years

But wait...who is the man tagging world musician

Don Moen, nathaniel bassey cheesy cheesy grin??

If church don tire am .make e get out now

Shey dem wan kill youth for church ni

Before na dressing code, hairstyles
Now music again...na wa o

If e no be.....boyz go japa soon like this..no cap

What could be suggested is that

The music should careful considered b4 introduction

I go church say make i worship...u go dey play one kind 17th century gbedu...wey gospel singers full naija and abroad undecided

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Nezzjnr: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
pegix:
Rubbish and useless claim

The introduction of new music to the church is welcoming
I'm in my early 20s and i must say we love it

Was born into the church...all of us

We tired of them 17th and 18th century hymns
The introduction was for the youth definitely...we cant relate no more to those old sounds

We don't even know the composers

Funny enough most time we dont sings these songs by ourselves...it always prerecorded in some tapes

If u think na lie go to any local deeperlife church

Personally i don't get move too much by those sounds

They old, music has changed over the years

But wait...who is the man tagging world musician

Don Moen, nathaniel bassey cheesy cheesy grin??

If church don tire am .make e get out now

Shey dem wan kill youth for church ni

Before na dressing code, hairstyles
Now music again...na wa o

If e no be.....boyz go japa soon like this..no cap

What could be suggested is that

The music should careful considered b4 introduction

I go church say make i worship...u go dey play one kind 17th century gbedu...wey gospel singers full naija and abroad undecided

Lol

Is this what a supposed Dlbc member is meant to say??

When did church turn to a place of Concert or rather Enjoyment??.

Why has the same Catholic Church we all castigate refused to change their way of worship??....

Church isn't about gathering crowd.... It's all about the impact being made in the lives of people and making them ready for the Kingdom.... It's really bad if you change your doctrine or standard just to keep members in the church.

I'm not saying the church is derailing on it's doctrine but this your statement no follow at all.

And before you come for me.... I was born and brought up in the church and still a member.

God will help us.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by paxonel(m): 6:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Oga, if you nor like am leave the church go and start ya own church jo!

Na by force?

See your unconventional yahoo type of eye glass, we never saw this type of eye glass in deeper life before

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Lighthouse50: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2022
I was shocked too to see Nathaniel bassey in their crusade handbill and was over shocked when kumuyi addressed him as evangelist bassey on the crusage ground when hymns could have been sung by the glorious choir of the church. Nathaniel bassey is not a member. Why rate him above church choir? I see publicity sake

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by paxonel(m): 7:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Lighthouse50:
I was shocked too to see Nathaniel bassey in their crusade handbill and was over shocked when kumuyi addressed him as evangelist bassey on the crusage ground when hymns could have been sung by the glorious choir of the church. Nathaniel bassey is not a member. Why rate him above church choir? I see publicity sake
so, you expected Kumuyi to address him as worldy musical bassey?

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by BigDick70inch(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2022
This man sud pipe down joor........

Don’t they say “CHANGE IS CONSTANT IN NATURE??

Who wud......have thought ALAKIJA HAD BE A GUESS MINISTER MANY YESRS BACK??

cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by slawormiir: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by premierlead: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Prince Dele Banjo should have seen it as development and not another way round

6 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by SarkinYarki: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2022
Nigerians and deceptive self righteousness...If you go to this man's area no you will see he is among those that avoid paying estate dues

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by GoodBoi1(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2022
This looks like a case of lack of spiritual understanding

1 Corinthians 3:4 (New King James Version)
For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 ( English Standard Version )
One Body with Many Members

12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves[a] or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by SILVERLINES: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by loadedvibes: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2022
Ha
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by IpobAntidote: 10:21am On Jan 23, 2022
[s]
Righteousness2:

I Perceive GOD is using you to Pass a Strong Message to His Church.

I Pray HIS Servant and one of the Core Holiness Apostles of this Generation, Pastor WF Kumuyi takes note of this Peaceful Protest.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2022
Sky daddy drunkards

1 Like

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by thesicilian: 10:23am On Jan 23, 2022
The truth is that the moment you start inviting outsiders in, it's just a matter of time before the bad eggs follow in as well.

13 Likes

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by ThankGodFriday(m): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Sheleads:
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by ACRI: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy grin grin

Isaiah 64:6 "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a filthy rag"....

It is not only blacks that infuse tradition & doctrines into religion, the Pharisee were masters in this. Jesus came to give us Christianity:Christ like behavior but like the Jewish, we always focus on strict observance of the traditional and written laws of man which is most time not progressive and archaic.

This is hypocrisy at its best and I wish this man will repent. People like this have the worst human character traits on earth, I have met a few like him...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by SIRTee15: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2022
Well I don't know of naija but deeper life churches in western countries really need to modernise or else their youths will leave finish.
Focus should be on discipline and spiritual development. Not all these inconsequential church doctrines.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by paulolee(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2022
k
Re: Prince Dele Banjo Protests At Deeper Life Headquarters Over Unconventional Music by AABBIIMM(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not trying to hold brief for the one you responded to,only the claim you made caught my attention.. undecided

Jesus Christ warned against the teaching of doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) declaring that they are all lies that lead men away from the Truth of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. According to Jesus Christ, a belief steeped in lies will never turn out to be true and this is a logical rule really ...

TRUE + FALSE = FALSE
FALSE + (- TRUE) = FALSE

So where do you get this idea that when the rest of the traditions(all lies) rot away, somehow Truth that is of Jesus Christ will be revealed? undecided
Maybe you should teach us how to worship and praise God then. Maybe you should tell us which songs are spiritual and which are carnal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.