Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement (33683 Views)

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) / Police Arrest Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Over Mace Theft / Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by RexTramadol1: 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Holy crap!

they cld as well av killed dem all

nobody z safe

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by DPCHUKS1: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Terrorist legislooters undecided
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by alen4smith(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Do you knw what he has with him
Without it there is no senate
No lawmaking
He's a powerful man an it stands.
i fear for saraki
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Lufthansa: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Why suspend him in the first place? He has the right to air his views. Is the Senate trying to instill fear among it's member. Saraki and his stooges did same to Ali Ndume and nothing happen. Not everyone who takes shit. Similar scenario played out in the House of Reps. Why did the speaker suspends Jibrin? Because he accused him of misusing his office. Does that warrant suspension? In saner climes, Dogara's alleged act would have been looked into.

Na Democracy we dey practice abi nonsense dem dey do. Oppressing fellow member by with power bestow on ur office. I guess Saraki n Dogara forget it's only a privilege n not their right as their victims can tomorrow occupy same seat.

Why even calling on law enforcement agencies when same stupid Saraki shielded Dino from it. Idiots!!!!

Mind U, nothing go happen to senator Omo-Agege. I bet U!

rasputinn:

Ask yourself where he got the guts to do that.
Recall he was suspended because he accused the senate of targeting Buhari with their amendments to the order of election, I suspect he has cried out to some persons that " look I've been suspended and I'm going to lose relevance,opportunity to contribute to discussions in senate and MOST IMPORTANTLY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY IN ALLOWANCES just because I tried to defend tyrant Buhari in my eye service comments, so are you people going to abandon me?? " and I'm sure in a bid to show him and any other ass licker that it pays to defend the failure of a president called Presidiot Buhari,that they must have told him to go ahead and invade the chambers that NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Lufthansa: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Why even calling on law enforcement agencies when same stupid Saraki shielded Dino from it. Idiots!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Borderless: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Wealthandjobs:
The Court has pronounced that you can't suspend a representative elected by his constituents for more than 2weeks,only God knows where the Senate derived it's authority to suspend a fellow Senator for 6 months.
The Senate acted illegally and Omo Agege preyed on their mistake

Just like those same courts granted Dasuki & Elzakzaky bail but yet denied freedom by Buhari for reasons best known to himself.

Wake up Bro.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by JideAmuGiaka: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
cashlurd:
Imagine!!!!!! What nonsense!!!! So the mace was Successfully taken out from NIGERIA's Senate[b]?[/b]?? And now, watching NTA live, all our useless senators are busy smiling and laughing while the DSP Ekwerenmadu is saying he is giving the security agencies 7days[/b] To [b]retrieve the Mace !!! And due to shouts emanating from members of the Senate, he shamefully reduced it to 24hours!!!

Why did he put it at 7days before Because he knows our security agencies are NOT capable of retrieving it in a lesser time frame.
And what happens to the Security personnel attached to the NASS? They couldn't even stop the "stealing" of the mace?

Nigeria is a big joke!!!

The joke is on omenkalives AKA progress69, sarrki AKA Buhariguy, ngeneukwenu AKA ikpunnu who hitherto thinks that this could only happen during GEJ era.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by johnrichCEO: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
I am in deep shock at the moment... which way Nigeria
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Firgemachar: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
ican2020:
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege is a big disgrace to SS.

Imagine fighting for visionless bubu

If we call you guys slaves, can we faulted
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Lufthansa: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
What justification has the Senate to have suspended him for airing his view?

Doerstech:
This is BAD....it shows the Low Life that Omo whatever is........No Justification for his action......BUT THEN Where was NASS Security?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
naptu2:
The Senate has released a statement on today's events in the red chamber.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRSenate/status/986564591122558976
the name omo agege says it all.
from operation wetie to omo agege
na dem always
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Dominicandy: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
This man is a tout

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by TheTrueSeeker: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
PoshBoss007:

not unhindered. didn't you see the blows and chairs flying? moreover, the police isn't allowed into the senate chambers, due to separation of powers. from what I followed up on the news, they created different scenes, distracting the senate, while some went to give OvieOmoAgege a seat, others were fighting somewhere else, and some went for the mace. DSP said they even attempted to kidnap two Senators.

So throwing blows and chairs within the premises of an institution as the NASS are the most effective way to prevent intruders from successfully executing their plans abi?

The NPF is the only recognized body saddled with the responsibility of protecting lives and properties of citizens and therefore should be proactive in its intelligence gathering...!!!

By now they ought to be going after the suspended senator and his gangs without delay....!!!
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by linearity: 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
cool

There are some tails you don't touch this man has touched the wrong tail of saraki. How dare you

Red chamber bunch of thieves keep embarrassing yourself.

It's being a long time I watched royal rumble in the red chamber.

Saraki boys Vs Buhari boys
0 1

I truly commend the guy, this is good riddance to bad rubbish.

Legally Saraki can do nothing, except organize his own thugs in NASS against this guy.

Why is NASS calling for due process now? They don’t obey due process, the court of Appeal in House of Assembly v. Danna had ruled that, it is illegal to suspend a representative even for a single day that, it violates the democratic right of his/her constituent who sent him/her there to represent them.

NASS does not belong to Saraki and none of the Senators work for him or have to support a uniform agenda of NASS, each Senator is the voice of his/her constituents and not all States voted for/against Buhari, some are avid supporters of Buhari, some don’t like his shadow...

but all these views from all the states that make up our federations unit must be allowed to be aired in the NASS and you cannot suspend a rep for airing a different view, plus the rep towed the peaceful route and apologize, which he should not have, and you still suspend him in the face of a court order that says you don’t have authority to do so....and now you are crying due process?

I doubt they will take him to court, because this will unravel in front of their faces...the side that have the best thug will win...quite ironic saying this about a body that suppose to be about the rule of law.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by reality1010: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
naptu2:
The Senate has released a statement on today's events in the red chamber.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRSenate/status/986564591122558976
Stealing mace is old fashion.Gone r d days u hijack d mace to stall proceedings.The Senators u see in d chambers v personal maces at home.If anyone steals d mace,they will send their drivers home to bring their personal mace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by nini007(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
I just read on Channels tv that Senate gave security agencies 24 hours to recover the Mace.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by earthcrust: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omo Agege should be recalled by his constituency because he lacks d moral standard to hold such a high profile office.He is a disgrace not only to d south south but to d entirety of d country. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by NairaMaster1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
ican2020:
Senator Ovie Omo-Agege is a big disgrace to SS.

Imagine fighting for visionless bubu

Thank you!.

Let me add this the list:

2. Rotimi Amaechi

3. Adams Oshomhole

3. Festus Kyamo

4. et al

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Wealthandjobs: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Borderless:

Just like those same courts granted Dasuki & Elzakzaky bail but yet denied freedom by Buhari for reasons best known to himself.

Wake up Bro.
I expect you to have read the supreme Court judgement on Dasuki stating that at no point in time was Col Dasuki released. On El Zakyzaki,the religious and security colouration is mind boggling and I expect his lawyers to get him freed from house arrest.
The Senate made a mistake and should not go deeper. They turned themselves into monsters by feathering their own nests all the time. Where in the world is democracy practiced and a constituent will be denied of representation for 6 months. It's not even about Omo Agege

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
naptu2:
Ike Ekweremadu just told members of the House of Reps that the thugs attempted to kidnap two senators.

It's live on the NTA Network Service.

The Senate where the leadership stole our money, acquired properties everywhere, falsified documents & still swore to an oath. This is a hardened corrupt senate leadership. Nigeria is gone.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Abeyjide: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
this is bad . there is more to this issue and the Senate coming out stating omo agege masterminded it ridiculed the house.with the numbers of securities attached to national assembly and senators makes it suspicious. God bless Nigeria. wasnt yesterday national assembly made a statement they have beefed of the security because of protester in Abuja.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Firgemachar: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Lufthansa:
I so much like the senator's (Omo-Agege) courage. How can one stupid cabal in the Senate use their positions to oppress others. Saraki and his stooges in the senate seems to be power drunk and felt he could hold the entire nation to ransom at his will.

Why has Saraki not passed and approved the 2018 budget all this while? Probably because he has a face-off (CCT trial) with the executive. God's willing, he will be nailed come July 6 @ the Supreme Court.

I guess he forgot the Yoruba proverb which says and I quote " no ostritch is taller than the other except for that which stand on a ridge". He forgets every member of that upper house like himself are equals. He probably will begin to have a rethink on actions he subsequently takes against fellow house member as he had thought Omo-Agege's suspension will go the way of Ali Ndume.

Saraki needs be taught some bitter lesson.

Gerrout

We don't want a rubber stamp Senate.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by johnsir(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
This Ovie Omo- Agege is talented, Nigerian Army should take note of this guy. Since he can break into the red chamber unhindered and kidnap the mace, i think he should be sent on the mission to rescue the Chibok girls with his crew. He will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Hallabee1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
What A Shame On This So Call Thugs Called Senetors
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
The Senate where the leadership stole our money, acquired properties everywhere, falsified documents & still swore to an oath. This is a hardened corrupt senate leadership. Nigeria is gone.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by authority2006(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
rasputinn:

Ask yourself where he got the guts to do that.
Recall he was suspended because he accused the senate of targeting Buhari with their amendments to the order of election, I suspect he has cried out to some persons that " look I've been suspended and I'm going to lose relevance,opportunity to contribute to discussions in senate and MOST IMPORTANTLY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY IN ALLOWANCES just because I tried to defend tyrant Buhari in my eye service comments, so are you people going to abandon me?? " and I'm sure in a bid to show him and any other ass licker that it pays to defend the failure of a president called Presidiot Buhari,that they must have told him to go ahead and invade the chambers that NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN

If Buhari was a tyrant as you alleged, Saraki wouldn't be finding it easy in the senate by now. Saraki has become a law unto himself, suspending any legislator who has contrary opinion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by authority2006(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2018
Firgemachar:

Gerrout

We don't want a rubber stamp Senate.

Na grandstanding senate u want. And you have it.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by RexTramadol1: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
cool

There are some tails you don't touch this man has touched the wrong tail of saraki. How dare you

Red chamber bunch of thieves keep embarrassing yourself.

It's being a long time I watched royal rumble in the red chamber.

Saraki boys Vs Buhari boys
0 1

Not really bro, the senate does not have the right to suspend a sitting senator for more than 14days, he was not in the senate for himself but as a mouthpiece of his people, suspending him is like cutting out his people on decisions that might affect them.
That said, Omo-agege did that nonsense because he knows he will enjoy executive backing and nothing else. we will see how it plays out.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
nini007:
I just read on Channels tv that Senate gave security agencies 24 hours to recover the Mace.

If they failed to recover it within 24hrs, what will happen? They will pass resolution to remove the IG? The police is still looking for Dino Melaye, they have not found him. Haba! one step after the other.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by selfemployed(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
cashlurd:
Imagine!!!!!! What nonsense!!!! So the mace was Successfully taken out from NIGERIA's Senate[b]?[/b]?? And now, watching NTA live, all our useless senators are busy smiling and laughing while the DSP Ekwerenmadu is saying he is giving the security agencies 7days[/b] To [b]retrieve the Mace !!! And due to shouts emanating from members of the Senate, he shamefully reduced it to 24hours!!!

Why did he put it at 7days before Because he knows our security agencies are NOT capable of retrieving it in a lesser time frame.
And what happens to the Security personnel attached to the NASS? They couldn't even stop the "stealing" of the mace?

Nigeria is a big joke!!!

Yesterday someone threatened to shut down the nass, today he carried out the threat

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement by 1miccza: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
TheTrueSeeker:
Wait O, so the suspended Senator and his gang succeeded in carting away the mace from the NASS premises unhindered? This is a huge joke...!!!

What we have in the country presently are glorified political thugs in Uniform not Policemen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rashidi Ladoja Visits Tinubu in Bourdillon / Why We Defected To The APC - Rivers Lawmakers / Attahiru Jega- Man Of The Year Way Back In 1993.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.