Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Is Forex Real? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Forex Real? (44737 Views)

Is Forex Trading The Best Business? / Is Forex Trade Living Or Dead? / Is Forex Trading Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2010
Lol, guys nobi so, just that i didn't know we had them on this forum. grin
Re: Is Forex Real? by Kashif(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2010
They are everywhere jare - prospectives, newbies, confused, frustrated, drained, low-ebbed, determined, successful, marketers, and what have you.

There is nothing you will not see in forex; there is nowhere you will not find traders. You will be surprised how many you find in your street!
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2010
You are right bro, it's so. cool

Watching GU, GJ and EU closely for possible short, but GJ might go long.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Kashif(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2010
For me, GU and GJ short term are long, while EU is short, just my 50kobo,

Chei! I missed GJ, hope it gets back to the bus stop soonest,
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2010
Well, for GU, maybe 1.55 might be the target for long (monthly) but it has the possibility of heading back to 1.50xx or even 1.49xx before resuming the up movement. i can be wrong but just my opinion

GJ looks like it's destined for 135, but then don't rule out 130 and if that's breached, we might see 126 or 125. (i already longed gj from .50, my pending long at .30 didn't hit, so i closed that, left with just the long at .50 and it's already in green, 1st tp is 132.80

As for EU, i want to see 1.24, but then this is forex, maybe 1.27 might be seen first before 1.24 but i can be wrong too.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Kashif(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2010
honeric01, you sound like a good technician. Thats very good and nice to have you around. For me, I favour GJ for upward move.

I am trying to see if I get a good long entry on CJ as it appears out of equilibrum right now.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2010
honeric01:

So you trade currencies too?
ye, am a full time trader
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

ye, am a full time trader

cool, what pf do u use?
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

cool, what pf do u use?
Fxpro, Dukascopy, and Sparen Fx cool
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

it seems u are using macro account. apart from that, the Fxcm, is it their trading station u are using or meta4?

Macro account? nope, only on Marketiva, the rest are Mini. i use FF station not the MT4, but i don't currently trade with them, have issues with them on my account.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

Macro account? nope, only on Marketiva, the rest are Mini. i use FF station not the MT4, but i don't currently trade with them, have issues with them on my account.

that is wht am trying to say, u dont hv standard account yet, if not, i was wondering wht u are doing with those brokers
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

that is wht am trying to say, u dont hv standard account yet, if not, i was wondering wht u are doing with those brokers

Nah bro, my equity is not that high, can't go on with Standard, if all plans go well, i should be qualified for Standard account come January 2011, minimum with migfx is $5k so is fxcm (standard). with profit, i should have more than triple of that by next year, but this is forex, anything (i allow) can happen.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

Nah bro, my equity is not that high, can't go on with Standard, if all plans go well, i should be qualified for Standard account come January 2011, minimum with migfx is $5k so is fxcm (standard). with profit, i should have more than triple of that by next year, but this is forex, anything (i allow) can happen.
ok, as for me, the minimum account i operate is 30kEuros while maximum is in millions of Euros, forex is the best bizness to me in the world
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

ok, as for me, the minimum account i operate is 30kEuros while maximum is in millions of Euros, forex is the best bizness to me in the world

really? that's kinda high, i don't have that kind of fund to put in as capital, that makes us different abi? well, it's a gradual process, my aim is to have $10k by the start of January, i always project 6 months for review. $10k is going to serve alot for me. 10-20% every month always my target.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

really? that's kinda high, i don't have that kind of fund to put in as capital, that makes us different abi? well, it's a gradual process, my aim is to have $10k by the start of January, i always project 6 months for review. $10k is going to serve alot for me. 10-20% every month always my target.
that is cool, u kwn like me, am a private trader, and hv some few billionaire investors, so i used their money to make more money, and it is yearly contract that is where i got the huge advantage, once u knw forex then ins and outs, u are done with any other bizness
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

that is cool, u kwn like me, am a private trader, and hv some few billionaire investors, so i used their money to make more money, and it is yearly contract that is where i got the huge advantage, once u knw forex then ins and outs, u are done with any other bizness

Ah, now i see why your case can't be compared with mine, wish i have patient investors, the investors coming my way wants their %% every month for 6 months, imagine?
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

Ah, now i see why your case can't be compared with mine, wish i have patient investors, the investors coming my way wants their %% every month for 6 months, imagine?
ye, u can do that, i started like that b4, infact it was the investors that decided they wanted it yearly
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2010
odiaero:

ye, u can do that, i started like that b4, infact it was the investors that decided they wanted it yearly

What would you have done if they asked for monthly %?
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2010
^^ i will accept the offer
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2010
Uhm nice, so how do you handle your target and losses? ever crashed an account?
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2010
that is why u need to be experienced in trading b4 accepting any offer
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2010
Well, mistakes make experience, so have you ever had all these things i asked? crashed an account? how do you handle losses? do you hedge? are you a long term, medium or swing trader? do you scalp? what do you think of scalping?
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 08, 2010
am 100 percent scalpper, beside, my live accounts are published on www.myfxbook.com
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2010
I was once a scalper until i crashed my first account thanks to bad internet, i entered a trade with 20% of my equity aiming for 15 pips without sl, got disconnected, my internet failed to connect for the whole day, i kept looking for where to get access to internet, when i finally did, my pos was already in -209, Account CRASHHEEDDDDDDDDD. took me 1 month to get my senses back. embarassed cry sad
Re: Is Forex Real? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2010
^^hehehehehe at it took u one month to get u senses back, and why would u trade without stoploss, plz i will be back in 40 minutes, i wanna swim a little, then will can continue our discussion, am online but not on desk
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2010
lol, okay, Sl for a scalping pos never occurred to me until that incidence.

Ok.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Kashif(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

I was once a scalper until i crashed my first account thanks to bad internet, i entered a trade with 20% of my equity aiming for 15 pips without sl, got disconnected, my internet failed to connect for the whole day, i kept looking for where to get access to internet, when i finally did, my pos was already in -209, Account CRASHHEEDDDDDDDDD. took me 1 month to get my senses back. embarassed cry sad

Hmmmm! Please please dont trade without SL, not matter how many times it was hit and the trend reversed shortly afterwards. The last 10 SLs I used were hit and the market went back to the original direction. That will never deter me from using SL; this is because I have been burned severely before. I have lost 420pips before, on a standard account, and many other hundreds. (thanks to money management). If not for the fact that I manage to get some profitable trades, I would have been out on a second account reload. As a matter of fact, as soon as I place a trade, I put in my SL.

I have never experienced internet failure but I know it could be very disastrous for a trader who does not use SL. Hope you've learned your lesson.

It is a journey.
Re: Is Forex Real? by honeric01(m): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2010
Kashif:

Hmmmm! Please please dont trade without SL, not matter how many times it was hit and the trend reversed shortly afterwards. The last 10 SLs I used were hit and the market went back to the original direction. That will never deter me from using SL; this is because I have been burned severely before. I have lost 420pips before, on a standard account, and many other hundreds. (thanks to money management). If not for the fact that I manage to get some profitable trades, I would have been out on a second account reload.  As a matter of fact, as soon as I place a trade, I put in my SL.

I have never experienced internet failure but I know it could be very disastrous for a trader who does not use SL. Hope you've learned your lesson.

It is a journey.

Bro, trust me, ever since then i don't trade without sl, then i use to wonder whether the broker was targeting my SL or not because almost all my sl was hit whenever i set sl and tp never hit, but now, i think scalping is the best, just watch, read my system, get the trend, once its confirmed, i enter and then set sl at +15.
Re: Is Forex Real? by Kashif(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2010
honeric01:

Bro, trust me, ever since then i don't trade with sl, then i use to wonder whether the broker was targeting my SL or not because almost all my sl was hit whenever i set sl and tp never hit, but now, i think scalping is the best, just watch, read my system, get the trend, once its confirmed, i enter and then set sl at +15.

The emboldened part kind of contradicts. It takes a lot of wits to scalp the market now, especially for those who wait for confirmation. Anyway, depends on your system sha.

Anytime I try to scalp, my account starts to head south. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Coca-cola Finally Acquires Chi Ltd / First Toothpick And Pencil Factory In Nigeria (Pictures) / Femi Otedola , Wife and Children In Lovely Picture To Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.