Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (7338 Views)

Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 11, 2007
Is the hip hop audience not a small population?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by star01(m): 3:40am On Apr 11, 2007
nuzo:

Is the hip hop audience not a small population?
@ least he still respected, well watever should be case he's still my hero,
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 11, 2007
That was why i said you were sentimental innitially.

Not a bad idea if he is yor hero.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by star01(m): 3:46am On Apr 11, 2007
nuzo:

That was why i said you were sentimental innitially.

Not a bad idea if he is yor hero.
hmmmm
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by charla(f): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2007
Our Lord Jesus Christ!
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
Jackie Robinson should be in this discussion

[b]Well, being as he was the first black to play in front of whites, he had to withstand an enormous amount of verbal abuse from fans and players, as well as his own teammates.  He was also the target of death threats. If Robinson would have folded under the pressure and negativity the bulldog nature of racism at that time would continued to keep black players out of sports.

Eventually someone would come along with the strength to endure it all, but it was Jackie.

His passion to play finally won, and people realized that blacks not only could play baseball, but be dominant at it.

HE himself was probably the first person to refuse to move to the back of the bus.  This one was a military bus, and it happened a decade earlier than Rosa Park's famous stance.

I'm tired of all the racial stuff going on in the US.  But people like Robinson are the kinds of black leadership that is lacking today.  Instead of the race baiting racists like Sharpton and Jackson, people like Robinson lead through example.  They lead through personal improvment of black people not through stirring of racial tentions or branding it whitey's fault.

People like Jackie are the people the black community needs today.

It took a player of exceptional talent, character, and fortitude to do what Jackie did.[/b]
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by knotty(m): 9:03am On Apr 24, 2007
idris abdulkareem
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by 9ja4eva: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2007
What of Russell Simons? grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by kticks(m): 9:20pm On May 02, 2007
Olusegun Obasanjo. how did u guys forget him.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by joz(f): 6:49am On May 03, 2007
mmmmmmmmm, no be u?? lol.
i think madela because he is a hero cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On May 04, 2007
Yeah Mandela is class
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by akara(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2007
Nelson Mandela
Martin Luther King
Ophray Winfrey
Condelisa Rice

all the above are positive inspiration to the black nation
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by viee(f): 11:21am On May 04, 2007
one black man?

that one hard ooooo
because there are so many black men that have us proud wink

@akara

yu right,
they are still more
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Beline(f): 3:47pm On May 04, 2007
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Beline(f): 3:48pm On May 04, 2007
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by joz(f): 4:19am On May 05, 2007
@akara
u r right smiley
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by awoof(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2007
people around the whole wide world will pick Mandela, but as for me o that guy was made by the west and western press. What is the big deal that he went to jail for 20 something years and then became the president? my take on that is that the west rallied round and made him a super-human because he REFUSED TO RETALIATE ALL THE BRUTALITIES THE WHITES METTED ON THE MAJORITY BLACKS OF SOUTH AFRICA during the aparthied regime QED. conversely they, the west and their press have turned Mugabe to a demon simply because he is redistributing lands that have been appropriated by the whites only.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ndipe(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2007
So, Mugabe is a hero@awoof?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by awoof(m): 3:39am On May 12, 2007
Ndipe:

So, Mugabe is a hero@awoof?

@Ndipe

wake up angry i did not say that, i only used him as an example of what the west can do to anyone they like and how they can run down those they don't like. and i know what i am saying, i have been monitoring the bashing that man has been receiving on the BBC almost on daily basis, i have interacted with hundreds of Zimbabweans and even now at my present location they are here in large numbers, they are totally in support of that man forget all what you hear or watch on BBC world or CNN, they are just pushing that man Tsangarai or whatever they call him. were you not surprised that despite all their noise on their media the ruling party still nominated him for another term? the point is i believe after serving for so long he should step down for younger people, but it is not CNN or BBC that should tell him that. the west have deliberately stiffled the economy to force him out, thank God Zimbabwean military is not the politicised type no coup cheesy. my belief is that he will not contest the next election, he only went for renomination to shame the west and their perfidy thats all wink
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ndipe(m): 9:00am On May 12, 2007
@awoof, how can you defend Mugabe, upon the atrocities that this man has wreaked on his country, to the point that inflation has risen astronomically in his country? I don't want to read about the west bashing African leaders, who are quick to deposit their ill gotten wealth outside the country. You surely may have read about his wife, Grace's shopping 'addiction' and her subsequent ban from visiting certain EU countries. Tomorrow now, some of us will be the one, imploring the west to intercede in the crisis in Darfur. That man lately, has been bad news to Zimbabweans.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by 9ja4eva: 9:02am On May 12, 2007
Mugabe doesnt make d list.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by awoof(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2007
@Ndipe read my posts well o! before i start receiving unnecessary bashing. i have not said i am defending Mugabe i only gave him as the most recent example of what the west can do to bring down an African leader they don't like. did you listen to BBC radio today? if you don't listen to radio, read their web site and see what Gen Pervez Musharaf's supporters have done in karachi. more than 34 people have been killed and yet the reportage of that incident was just like any other news, no colourisation. olboy you need to listen to bbc radio on a daily basis like i do here to see how that station hates my dear Naija if i have the choice i would have stopped listening to the station, but unfortunately it is the only English station i have access to here angry
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ikomi(m): 10:01am On May 13, 2007
I dont think Mugabe is a Demon as the west would want to portray him. That man stayed in Prison 4 11yrs for the freedom of his country. Even when the old Rhodesia gained independence he placed former white rulers in his goverment to help him keep Zibabwe's economy on track. But wat did they do? He was betrayed. Some of the white pple he even placed in his goverment went of to South Africa which was still then under white rule to help topple Mugabe. Unfortunately, he has turned on his former friends and allies since then after the betrayal, and not only them but any other of his country men who has decided to lean on the wests' support.

It might be true that Mugabe might not be doing fine now, but lets not forget the west that is trying to persecute and crucify him now, made him. They are very good at that, when ur their friend they praise u, when u turn against them ur the enemy, but wat they never tell u is the story of how an angel turned into a demon.

Like 2pac of late memory said. "Your calling me a criminal while ur the one that made me." He might sound like another gangster idiot, but their is big truth in that saying.

We have a lot of example: talk about Mobutu Seseseko of Zaire. When he was needed by the west, whatever Mobutu did to his pple in the intrest of the west was well and good. But when they did'nt need him anymore they pointed out all the faults of Mobutu, with their good cameras and well spoken reporters.

So sometimes I really look at Mugabe and see a man who has really lost focus, but his very angry at those pple that made him loose it. And his ready to deal with them with all his strength for his remaining years in office, even though he knows it wont be so long.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by awoof(m): 10:38am On May 13, 2007
Ikomi:

I don't think Mugabe is a Demon as the west would want to portray him. That man stayed in Prison 4 11yrs for the freedom of his country. Even when the old Rhodesia gained independence he placed former white rulers in his goverment to help him keep Zibabwe's economy on track. But what did they do? He was betrayed. Some of the white people he even placed in his goverment went of to South Africa which was still then under white rule to help topple Mugabe. Unfortunately, he has turned on his former friends and allies since then after the betrayal, and not only them but any other of his country men who has decided to lean on the wests' support.

It might be true that Mugabe might not be doing fine now, but lets not forget the west that is trying to persecute and crucify him now, made him. They are very good at that, when your their friend they praise u, when u turn against them your the enemy, but what they never tell u is the story of how an angel turned into a demon.

Like 2pac of late memory said. "Your calling me a criminal while your the one that made me." He might sound like another gangster idiot, but their is big truth in that saying.

We have a lot of example: talk about Mobutu Seseseko of Zaire. When he was needed by the west, whatever Mobutu did to his people in the intrest of the west was well and good. But when they did'nt need him anymore they pointed out all the faults of Mobutu, with their good cameras and well spoken reporters.

So sometimes I really look at Mugabe and see a man who has really lost focus, but his very angry at those people that made him loose it. And his ready to deal with them with all his strength for his remaining years in office, even though he knows it wont be so long.

@Ikomi
With your post you have made my day wink with guys with orderly minds like you now i beleive i am not in the wrong place. You have said it all. Nothing more to add. RESPECT wink wink
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ndipe(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2007
Staying 11 years in jail, does not give him the right to stay in power for life. Mandela stayed in jail for more than 2 decades, came out to be the president of his country, and voluntarily stepped down. All this blame story, being shifted to the west, has to stop. Mugabe has to accept responsibility of his actions, instead of blaming the West. Since he is aware of that they are so 'bad', why cant he seek the honor of his people, by voluntarily stepping down?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ikomi(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2007
Ndipe:

Staying 11 years in jail, does not give him the right to stay in power for life. Mandela stayed in jail for more than 2 decades, came out to be the president of his country, and voluntarily stepped down. All this blame story, being shifted to the west, has to stop. Mugabe has to accept responsibility of his actions, instead of blaming the West. Since he is aware of that they are so 'bad', why can't he seek the honor of his people, by voluntarily stepping down?

If u had ever stayed in incarceration 4 a week, u would understand what 11 years mean. not to talk of 27. And I must let u know that Mugabe as a man is no less intelligent or educated as Madela, but with a different view. And if all the African leaders in the last conference could not point out to Mugabe to step down, even Mandela in his understanding would not say it, for he understands better. I think u should really sum things up before u take a stand. No man can accuse another totally for his own mistakes, but that does not entirely mean that the accused does not have a hand in the mistakes being pointed out.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ndipe(m): 11:12am On May 13, 2007
We should not rely on a consortium of our leaders to determine if Mugabe (or any other leader) should step down. Let the masses decide. The leaders should rather, lock head together to put an end to the festering war in Darfur, eliminate poverty, and other challenges that has led to an increase in social malaise in the continent, experienced by its citizens.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by awoof(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2007
@Ndipe
who are his people asking him to step down? the fact is that no right thinking African in this age will say he is confortable with any sit tight leader in Africa, but let the people concerned take up the gauntlet, not Bush or Blair to tell them to do it or by sponsoring one unpatriotic element that calls himself opposition leader. By the way how many zimbabweans have you met and spoken to about the problems of Mugabe? we are not talking about the few who will demostrate in London or New York to satisfy their unwilling hosts, please. what is happening in Zimbabwe is aking to what is happening in Nigeria, his party is in the majortiy and his renomination in the ruling party's congress sometimes last month should send a clear message to those who think what they hear on BBC, VOA or watch on CNN or BBC, or FOX news and all the other prejudised western press is the gospel truth. above all did you see that their man won the Chairmanship of the UN Committee on Sustainable Development despite the bull-shit the EU were talking about Zimbabwe? all African members stood behind the country; this goes to show that Africa is not happy with the persecution of the man. Nobody is saying he should continue, please
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Ikomi(m): 11:16am On May 13, 2007
Ndipe:

We should not rely on a consortium of our leaders to determine if Mugabe (or any other leader) should step down. Let the masses decide. The leaders should rather, lock head together to put an end to the festering war in Darfur, eliminate poverty, and other challenges that has led to an increase in social malaise in the continent, experienced by its citizens.

I think u are deviating from the topic.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by Bosdem(f): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2007
Barak Obama
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by NextProdigy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2007
NELSON MANDELA - MADIBA
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? by redsun(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2007
Nobody seems to remember the father of black emancipation and libration movement in the modern world,Marcus Garvey.Later revolutionaries like Haile Salasie,Malcolm X,Bob Marley,Fela Kuti,King Jr,Mandela, Tupac,Biggie,Myself,etc are just products of his visions and defiance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members / Photos: Fire Incident At Ogunpa Market In Ibadan Leaves Traders In Anguish / Forum Game: Guess The Names Of These Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.