Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members (7354 Views)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / Nairaland Hits 1 Million Members Hurray! / Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by mukina2: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello Nairalanders

as we get over a million members, we want to thank everyone that has been a member, a guest, and everyone who contributed to the growth of the forum.

When Nairaland started in march 2005, it was a brain child of Seun, and was from mobilenigeria.com his first ever project. He was the sole moderator/admin, slowly the forum started growing, there were few members but the forum was active.

In 2006, was when the forum grew even bigger, most people, more fights grin, more trolls,and you had the cliques, sports/romance derailers union but seun tried all he could to keep it balanced and under control, then he was the great obantalapipipi. grin,( obey the rules otherwise . .) most sections came to life, then Business, Job/vacancies, sports, romance and forum games where the 'happening' boards. Then a popular lady Papermoon faked her death, used another id to tell nairalanders 'she' died, people started mourning, changed signatures/locations etc,the thread grew only for her to come and post that she was just joking, people got angry, insults,missiles,bombs flew left right and centre, the drama got so bad that Seun had to introduce a new rule, 'It is a grievous offence to announce the death of a Nairaland member on the forum without the admin's explicit approval' Papermoon's saga was the reason behind this rule. Another popular lady posted a picture she lifted off google as a picture of her kitchen, some 'detectives' on nairaland found out it was fake and they had a field day.
class of 2006 rocked! cool

In December 2007, spammers/scammers became so much that seun had to lock the forum, forum members helped to fish out the scammers/spammers, the ones they got, were banned and the forum was back on course.

In 2008 we had the first set of 5 mods, Mukina2, Iice, FOD, Sam Milla and USPRY1. the forum got new active members, some oldies still stayed and some sections grew more.

In 2009, more moderators, new sub boards, new members and the politics section became very active, it was purely debates and legit arguments.A Popular Nairalander Jarus started forum awards.

2010 the forum became 5 years old, more moderators, more activity, more trolls sad, more guests (we appreciate them) more users.We also lost a member Bawomolo. cry

2011 and 2012 our traffic improved quite well, we crossed some milestones on google, we reclaimed our top spot in Nigeria/Africa . we also lost Perx cry

This year the forum will be 8 years old and we crossed over a million members

20 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by timpaker(m): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats

But may Bawolomo and Perx RIP cry

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Deivid10(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
This is Big!!!! Love this forum, ve also introduced. Ova 100 ppl to this comedy-educative-uplifting Zone... Where updates is nt complete without ppl playin a Judge on them.... I made myself the 2nd to comment out of a million contestants... Where do I get my reward? its nt easy Una knw na...
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by chucky234(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hmmmmmm no comment
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Alonga: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats to all menber.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Siga: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Seun, ose o jare...
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by mcevans1(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Who is PErx pls? embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Do you mean "1 million" REAL members or inflated numbers, which? Everyone knows that an average NL has about 3 usernames excluding me of course, some have not been active over that past 18months or more, some have even requested to have their account deleted, and you say "journey to 1 million users"? Well time for evaluation because yall ain't telling yourselves the truth. In truthfulness, you know NL is 1/3rd its original member size.

Anyways, congratulations on the milestone...

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by mascot87(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
I am proud of Nairaland team, congrats

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by azpekuliar: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by EzePromoe: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Garri team was not mentioned. See marginalisation! cry

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Ibangap(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Great
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by vanstanzy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kudos Seun! grin grin grin But tell ur MOD's not to ban me again or else...
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
I love Nairaland,with God on our side,we will surpass the followership of Facebook,and Twitter.
Congrats Seun,and for begging me to join Nairaland in feb'2012.

Na u dey show ursef, u dey ban me,abi. God is watching u.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by salt1: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
You forgot to add that I joined in 2012. I refuse to just be a statistic.
Congrats all the same!
Great story!
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by hrmkz: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Where is the 1 million cake!
One for each member.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by azpekuliar: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
mukina2: Hello Nairalanders

...as we get over a million members, we want to thank everyone that has been a member, a guest, and everyone who contributed to the growth of the forum.

...THis year the forum will be 8 years old and we crossed over a million members

Point of correction; we crossed over a million member handles. sad

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by holyvirgin: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wonderful speech!
@seun congrats to you, but the speech should have been made by you sir, or don't you appreciate we nairalanders for our efforts in taking this forum to where it is today?
We aint asking for too much smiley
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by mascot87(m): 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
manny4life: Do you mean "1 million" REAL members or inflated numbers, which? Everyone knows that an average NL has about 3 usernames excluding me of course, some have not been active over that past 18months or more, some have even requested to have their account deleted, and you say "journey to 1 million users"? Well time for evaluation because yall ain't telling yourselves the truth. In truthfulness, you know NL is 1/3rd its original member size.

Mr man wether 1 million members or monikers,it doesn't matter,what matters is that nairaland as clocked over 1 million subscribers. You people should stop nagging or how does it affect your life

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by emilyone(f): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
congratulations to you Seun cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by ogusbaba1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
K
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by fittty(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Since na so so talk since.... 1million Bla bla bla,.... Una no fit send person Recharge Card abi? undecided
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by kandiikane(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Muki, how did you manage to find nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Havilah93(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
congrats seun and mukina....

May we live to see more successes!
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Una trY
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by TeenageMoney(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hip Hip Hip!!!!!! Hurrrrraaaaaaayyyyy!!!!

1Million Users... U go Don Make pass 1 Million Naira... Lol...
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by otumfour(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congratz Nairaland.........funny enough, I got unbanned today angry......

Mukina! even though u'v reached 1 million users, it won't change the fact tht Ivory Coast and Yahya Toure will not be making it out of their group wink

Sybellah! don't mind me baby..... wink
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by dasparrow: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Post

Congratulations Seun and Moderators and more grease to your elbows. Let me use this opportunity to please request for a PET SECTION where pet owners/animal enthusiasts can meet and discuss proper pet ownership. Dog breeders can also post their listings of current puppy litters available and any cute stories pertaining to animals can be posted in this section as well instead of the general nairaland section. Please Seun and moderators, think about it and make that your anniversary gift to we your loyal forum members. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by firestar(f): 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
Heh 2006 was the year! cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
manny4life: Do you mean "1 million" REAL members or inflated numbers, which? Everyone knows that an average NL has about 3 usernames excluding me of course, some have not been active over that past 18months or more, some have even requested to have their account deleted, and you say "journey to 1 million users"? Well time for evaluation because yall ain't telling yourselves the truth. In truthfulness, you know NL is 1/3rd its original member size.

i have 4 facebook accounts so STFU tongue
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats Seun...Nairaland is a huge success. Nairalanders rock!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Fire Incident At Ogunpa Market In Ibadan Leaves Traders In Anguish / Forum Game: Guess The Names Of These Countries / We Are Buying Itunes Card At The Rate Of 360/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.