Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,848 members, 7,956,178 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) (12265 Views)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Buhari Appoints Victor Uwajeh Accused Of Fraud To Recover Looted Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Islie: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
Posted By: Tony Akowe,

The Federal government has appointed a London based Nigerian private investigator, Victor Uwajeh to help the government trace and recover undeclared assets and proceeds of fraud as part of the ongoing fight against corruption in the country.

The appointment of Uwajeh is obtained in a letter signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Prosecution matters, Okoi Obono-Obla.

Uwajeh has worked as a consultant to the Senate Committee on Anti-Corruption and Finacial Crimes, Private investigator to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), consultant to the EFCC, Special Assistant to Chairman Senate Committee on Drugs, Narcotics, Financial Crimes and Anti-Corruption, among others.

The letter dated 22nd March, 2018 said Uwajeh’s application has been considered for engagement as special investigator to his panel.

The letter of engagement reads: “Reference is being made to your letter dated 15th March 2018, “I am pleased to inform you that you application has been considered for engagement as a special investigator to the panel.

“Consequent upon this appointment, you are to trace and where necessary recover undeclared assets and proceeds of fraud for the Federal Government of Nigeria in line with the mandate of the panel. This appointment is subject to terms and conditions as may be expressed in a duly executed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).”

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-appoints-consultant-to-trace-recover-looted-funds/

lalasticlala
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by CodeTemplar: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
I hope he discovers looted fund from both sides of the political field of play.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by DaniDani(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
Good one. Pls do this without partiality, and do well to recover Yusuf loot, Aisha's loot, and all that Buhari has stolen.

Thanks my fellow lazy Nigerians!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Pierohandsome: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
They wil stil go there to sort him and he shields some of them

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Another attempt to save their already battered image.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Loving1: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
hmm
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Loving1: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
let's wait & watch

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Lawalemi(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nonsense. Same old story

4 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Andrewgame42: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Mtcheeew .... Am not even interested in all this news... Am just angry that someone called me lazy " n looking for free money... Me wey dun hustle like donkey for Alaba,.... And to think I almost treked for this man is even worst.... Brother n sisters, I feel like a fool , its like I really don't have sense , I just don't know, am tired , I miss my Jonathan

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Trace and reloot

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Paperwhite(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
“Consequent upon this appointment, you are to trace and where necessary recover undeclared assets and proceeds of fraud for the Federal Government of Nigeria in line with the mandate of the panel."
Another means to steal money.So what have the Magu's EFCC,ICPC,DSS and other other propaganda agencies of government been doing? Guess they've now abandon their constitutional responsibilities?
Shithole government. angry Waiting for the corrupt AGF to institute his own consultants. undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by vesselchino(f): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by naijapage(f): 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nooo -- He is Not a London based Nigerian private investigator

Victor Uwajeh is an Abuja-based private lawyer

READ HIS FULL Biography here : https://aprokogirl.com/2235/victor-uwajeh-biography/

Not Sure if he is Qualified for the Job ...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by RomeoEmpire(m): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
I learned dat baba was not thinking straight wen he made the statement " NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE LAZY"

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
grin grin grin less than a year to another election, Buhari still dey appoint grin grin

The ones recover from whistle blowing what have you done with it

Nigerians are not feeling the impact of monies recovered instead he indebted the generations yet unborn

Chai!!!! Buhari must go in 2019

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by benueguy(m): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Again? Haba!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by SexyCrixus25(m): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
They will still bend him with bribes
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by lionness(f): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
I voted for Buhari and I want us all to start a movement on twitter called #NevervotingBuhariagain!
We can all come together and correct this terrible mistakes we made. This fool didn't call his useless children lazy, yet he'd the effrontery to you and me lazy.
#NevervotingBuhariagain!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by QTEST007(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
so what's the job of EFCC and ICPC?

3 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Queenext: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
To trace and recover from the PDP members,while PDP cum APC are left alone.

Selective hunting.

4 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by veacea: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
And the consultant will take 80% of the money . 90% of the 80% will later be used for election in 2019.

But the hardworking president who is always travelling ti London had said we are lazy.

5 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by doctokwus: 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
Clowns,bloody liars and scammers.
Does anyone remember that at the inception of this government,PriceWaterHouse Coopers was engaged to audit the accounts of NNPC?
No one,3yrs after has mentioned that report.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by jojo1415: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
ntn come out...Dead on arrival!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Firefire(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
Useless gonment

5 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Newpride(m): 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
I know some wretched element whose generation has bn cursed to always support anything wrong will applaud the federal government on this move.

We stop corruption by all means.
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by pero45: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
Contract me I will do it
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
As if we ever get to see what recovered funds are used for. How did we even get to this level?

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by WiseStarr(m): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by supereagle(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
How?
Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by Olukokosir(m): 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
After 3 yrs... Wat apnd to appointing such man during d first year.

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) by LZAA: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Islie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-appoints-consultant-to-trace-recover-looted-funds/

sai babarism always defies logic grin
watch laudate and buhariguy dodge this thread grin
cc immhotep onyeoga

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC National Assembly Caucus In Closed-door Meeting / PDP BoT Rejects Interim Exco, NEC Members Told To Withdraw Resignation / Why Was ume Not Conducted In 1996?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.