Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) (47182 Views)

Senator Joshua Lidani Remained Calm While Senate Mace Was Stolen / Police Arrest Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Over Mace Theft / Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Seized The Mace With Hoodlums - Senate Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by ReachHard: 8:36am On Apr 20, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by mmb(m): 8:37am On Apr 20, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
that was before he was suspended
try saraki at your own peril
trust me his case go worse pass jubril own
Nawa for you. Read news always

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by BadBradley: 8:39am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

Do you know what financially independent means? How can the senate be financially independent and still draw money from the federation account.

Your problem is English.
so the federation account is for the executive alone abi?

Get your education in Nairaland via me since you missed your formal learning.

The senate is 101% financially independent. They write their own budget and expenditure for the year and and get it fron the consolidated revenue fund independent from the presidency without the President needing to sign or accent to it. The constitution guarantees that and that has been in practice in Nigeria here.

The only arm of government yet to be financially independent is the judiciary!

When last did you read anything outside Nairaland threads?
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by shankara7: 8:43am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

Saraki power ends in the senate building which is owned and funded by the presidency.

Ovie has shown you that he is no push over. Ovie is a good soldier.

What happened yesterday, was done to simply remind the senate that the presidency is first among equals and not Saraki and his rag tag group.

Owned and funded by the Presidency?
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Jones4190(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2018
President Buhari is just too blunt....

Now let's look at these established findings;

1) Do you know that over 65 million youths are illiterates in Nigeria – UNESCO, 2017

2) Nigeria also leads in the world's uneducated children - Newsweek, 2017

Nigeria has 'largest number of children out-of-school' in the world - BBC, 2017

Fact check;
You can hate Buhari, but the truth is that he stated the obvious and again, what is already known around the world. You should understand by now that PMB is not like any typical politician and because of that, he says things the way they are. He is just honest to a fault. It may not be diplomatically okay considering the environment of such communication.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2018
BadBradley:
so the federation account is for the executive alone abi?

Get your education in Nairaland via me since you missed your formal learning.

The only arm of government yet to be financially independent is the judiciary!

When last did you read anything outside Nairaland threads?

Again! You cannot be financially independent and still draw money from public funds. Keyword "FINANCIAL" ..

To be financially independent, you need your own "cash cow".

Do not confuse "financial autonomy" with "financial independence".

The fact, that you do so; shows I am light years ahead of you academically.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by danden18: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Let Saraki comes back first
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by fineguy11(m): 9:08am On Apr 20, 2018
Jaymaxxy:
Ordinary Omo Agege dem no fit overpower. What if nah Omo Mushin?
THIS IS LIT. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by dennisworld1(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2018
divicoded:

Useless stvpid post, is he the only one sitting comfortably?

Some posters could really be stvpid
oya go remove am from him sit. Them go use that maze wip your head.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by dennisworld1(m): 9:16am On Apr 20, 2018
CID:
So you did not see the video when he was shaking his legs. Sign of being tensed.
he is shaking it shows nothing dey happen. Oya come carry me commot from my chair
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by dennisworld1(m): 9:17am On Apr 20, 2018
danden18:
Let Saraki comes back first
saraki dun fear from were him dey. I wonder why dem nor use d maze wip ekweremandu head self. Make dem plaster him moromoro
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by trapQ: 9:18am On Apr 20, 2018
Pls can you briefly explain yesterday's happenings to me?
Thanks.
TheCabal:

Saraki power ends in the senate building which is owned and funded by the presidency.

What happened yesterday, was done to simply remind the senate that the presidency is first among equals and not Saraki and his rag tag group.

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Bamz(m): 9:25am On Apr 20, 2018
dennisworld1:
u think say agege nah puppet abi. Nor try nonsense with urhobo

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by vitality22(m): 9:25am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

I just love what this Senator omo Agege and his thugs did. This senate just behaves anyhow. I can't stop laughing on how the senators were looking at the young man carry the mace and took to his heels

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by dennisworld1(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2018
Barrister Omoagege first went to seek advice from his lawyer. He is not ndume that was suspended. This guy will be a bone in saraki neck. And for your info those thugs have all been realease yesterday..

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by BadBradley: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

Again! You cannot be financially independent and still draw money from public funds. Keyword "FINANCIAL" ..

To be financially independent, you need your own "cash cow".

Do not confuse "financial autonomy" with "financial independence".

The fact, that you do so; shows I am light years ahead of you academically.

It's embarrassing to see a full grown adults saying the presidency funds the national assembly.

I'm beyond embarrassed to be bantering with you. To even think you're deliberately employing subterfuges and ad hominem to hide your ignorance is pitiable.

Now this is your final class. Take your front seat because I shan't be repeating or replying you.

The national assembly gets its money from the consolidated revenue fund (CRF)

This money belongs to Nigeria and it's to be used by government. Government is the executive, legislative and judiciary.

To ensure that in a democracy the national assembly cannot be held hostage by the executive or Presidecy, the constitution provides that the finance of the national assembly does not pass through the presidency.

The national assembly has a yearly budget of 150 billion or thereabout and it sends the budget straight to the CRV.

The consolidated revenue fund is funded by revenue generating agency in the country like NNPC, FIRS, NCS, NIMSA, NPA, NLNG etc and that money is preferred by law and only approved by the NA. It is not the money is the presidency but Nigeria's money to be used by the government to run the business of governance.

You will never be taught again in this depth.

Bye-bye.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by ogunsj: 9:36am On Apr 20, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
he's an overzealous puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity criminal tout
na so you be or dem program you like robots.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2018
BadBradley:

.... NNPC, FIRS, NCS, NIMSA, NPA, NLNG

Bye-bye.

Who is in charge of all these acronyms? grin
Who nominates them or places them in acting capacity?

Your just going round in circles but you still comeback to the presidency.

The National Assembly is not and has never been "financially" independent.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by rasskid2005(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
shatap agege is a criminal
Buhari is a criminal terrorist
so yoots of this country are still supporting buhari
i don't blame him at all
Saraki is the strongest and the most powerful politician now
relax jubril did more than that but later he came begging
this is the best national assembly since democracy.

anybody supporting buhari now is a pro terrorist and anti life
i am a Muslim but i hate Buhari
may the peace of Allah (swt) be unto you

Go buy sense bro.
Why bring-in religion into this.

talk something better....
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by donqx: 9:52am On Apr 20, 2018
oh
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Assassin101: 9:58am On Apr 20, 2018
the agege bread senator

1 Like

Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by BadBradley: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2018
TheCabal:

Who is in charge of all these acronyms? grin
Who nominates them or places them in acting capacity?

Your just going round in circles but you still comeback to the presidency.

The National Assembly is not and has never been "financially" independent.

you must be a teenager or a senile adult.
And the presidency was denying to never authorized NNPC's subsidy payment grin

You have a military mindset, opposed to the rule of law and decorum.

My boy, all these agencies ARE MANDATED BY LAW TO PAY THEIR GENERATED REVENUE INTO THE CONSOLIDATED REVENUE FUND.

it's the law and practice. And the President cannot touch it without approval from the national assembly.

Read section 80 of the 1999 constitution, you fullblown illiterate!!!!

No more from me to a hammerhead like you.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2018
dennisworld1:
u don't know the zone this omoagege rep. All major wealth in Nigeria pass through delta central if u don't know. Urhobos are solidly behind him. We go with the law before we nail u. We are not weaklings. We act what we say with our mouth. U think the senate is for some set of crooks who don't obey the law

This Agege Man seems to be the most Patriotic African in Da Senate grin
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by kennisman(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2018
clevvermind:
Get sense quickly.
He can't get sense anymore because is too late for him. Dun blame,not his fault.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by VagileVictor(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2018
I believe my man Sen. Dino Melate was not there. He would have dive the mace bearer.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by authority2006(m): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2018
BadBradley:

It's embarrassing to see a full grown adults saying the presidency funds the national assembly.

I'm beyond embarrassed to be bantering with you. To even think you're deliberately employing subterfuges and ad hominem to hide your ignorance is pitiable.

Now this is your final class. Take your front seat because I shan't be repeating or replying you.

The national assembly gets its money from the consolidated revenue fund (CRF)

This money belongs to Nigeria and it's to be used by government. Government is the executive, legislative and judiciary.

To ensure that in a democracy the national assembly cannot be held hostage by the executive or Presidecy, the constitution provides that the finance of the national assembly does not pass through the presidency.

The national assembly has a yearly budget of 150 billion or thereabout and it sends the budget straight to the CRV.

The consolidated revenue fund is funded by revenue generating agency in the country like NNPC, FIRS, NCS, NIMSA, NPA, NLNG etc and that money is preferred by law and only approved by the NA. It is not the money is the presidency but Nigeria's money to be used by the government to run the business of governance.

Bye-bye.

Firstly, all these agencies are under the presidency.
Secondly, executive do spend money without the approval of the NA, they would only rant and rant as they are currently doing so about 1 billion dollars for security.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by pgodson7(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2018
the did u watch the video bfr syaing this? clearly u didnt because he walked up to that sit and sat like he was he d real boss and was also handed the briefs for the day
IsaAbubakar:
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by macjurek(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2018
My distinguish senators of the federal republic Nigeria,please understand and peaceful resolution of all issues needed.

I see no winner,no vanquish here, oneness the best policy for law makes.

Engr.Amos Omogege.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by macjurek(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2018
My distinguish senators of the federal republic Nigeria,please understanding and peaceful resolution of all issues needed.

I see no winner,no vanquish here, oneness the best policy for law makers

Engr.Amos Omogege.
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by BadBradley: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2018
authority2006:

Firstly, all these agencies are under the presidency.
Secondly, executive do spend money without the approval of the NA, they would only rant and rant as they are currently doing so about 1 billion dollars for security.
can the President hold the funds of the NA? Does the NA need the accent of the Presidency for its budget?

Does not the President send the national budget to the NA before it can be implemented?

Has there been a time in our democratic history where the NA depended on the Presidency for funds?

The answer is NO!

Reason, the NA is financially independent of the executive!

Also the revenue generating agencies are to remit their income to the CRF. This is an act of law and the Presidency does not have the power or authority to make them not do so.

It's out of his scope of authority. There's a reason Nigerians don't get offended when monies are stolen at the top hierarchy of government.

Reason and law have long been distorted in our national psyche!
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by Joshuamilarge(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2018
Try barrister ovie at your own peril. ovie omo-warri self
Re: Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
you are wrong on trying saraki at ur own risks.omo agege hs shaken the senate to its marrows.the senate leadership will now be very careful towards their illegal suspension against any dissenting voice.atleast dey now knw dat dey are at the mercy of the executives security wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Life So Struggled In Nigeria? / Femi Fani-Kayode Ready To Make Another Twins As His Wife Slays 3 Weeks After / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.