Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! (9910 Views)

Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) / SEE Church Where All Members Worship God Naked. / Photos: Could This Be The Skeleton Of A Giant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by dustydee: 3:26pm On May 17, 2010
atleats they even worship omething,what do u say abt those that only believe in evolution?
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Princek12(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2010
dustydee:

atleats they even worship omething,what do u say abt those that only believe in evolution?
I'll rather believe in evolution--considering there are still some scientific basis upon which evolution is based--than worship the skeletal remains of a human being. Why should I worship the remains of a human being like me? Above all, this story shows the state of religion in Nigeria, where economic problems and the quest for material wealth have made people highly vulnerable to falling prey to the deception of false prophets and their senseless, ungodly doctrines.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by AroOkigbo(m): 4:04pm On May 17, 2010
ElRazur:

To all you muppets trying to turn this into a tribalism fiasco, abeg commot.

What is the difference between this and any other form of belief? Seriously what is the difference?

Jesus died long time ago - He is still being worship and prayed to by millions around the world. Heck they even believe he rose from the dead.

Muhammed died ages ago, yet, billion use his names in prayers. Heck, some emulate their lifestyle after him by marrying under age girls etc.

Millions of pilgrimage in India whip themselves with hard whips until they bleed and no one raises an eye brow.

So please tell me, how is this different from any form of belief?

We are quick to castigate others, but is it even fair or right?

Who are we to tell them what they belief in or not? Sure it may be wrong from a social norm to keep a skeleton, but I see no difference from how this differs from any other form of belief to be honest.

A BIG difference my brother. Have you ever attended any true christian crusade?
The prophesis of the word of God as contained in the Bible is alive and living. Jesus is Lord and He is the only way, truth and life.
Remember, no one cometh to the Father except through Him.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by tkb417(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2010
na wa o

how will someone sleep after seeing a skeleton shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by cvibe: 4:07pm On May 17, 2010
really!
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by kemisuga(f): 4:25pm On May 17, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by jokingmary(m): 4:29pm On May 17, 2010
what am i sawing shocked

what is me hearing shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by wudd: 4:32pm On May 17, 2010
shocked that one is serious parols,
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 5:13pm On May 17, 2010
Kenezi:

Er no, it's idolatry by simple definition. They are worshipping an object, whether it's bones, wood or rock, it's idolatry.
Education empowers the mind, fine. Education can wipe out behaviour or strengthen it. Anyone can be educated in anything, what do you want to "educate" Nigerians in to eradicate bone worshipping? I'd like to know.

By a European standard American Christians aren't secular at all. They are quite fundamentalist due to Puritan backgrounds.

Oh please. The deputy leader have stated they worship the most high god like anyone. It is the newspaper that is reporting that "they gathered that they worship the skeleton" and as this is a Nigeria media, their investigative journalism is very elementary. I will rather believe the quote attributed to the deputy, than what the newspaper "gathered in their investigation".

So you use European standards to judge American Christians?  Awesome. Never mind, that is not my point with you.  undecided

Aro Okigbo:

A BIG difference my brother. Have you ever attended any true christian crusade?
The prophesis of the word of God as contained in the Bible is alive and living. Jesus is Lord and He is the only way, truth and life.
Remember, no one cometh to the Father except through Him.

I do not take serious those who quote from a book written by men to guide them spiritually you see.

Debate logically and not quote from a book I do not have belief in says. smiley
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Agbalanze(m): 5:53pm On May 17, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Donvilo(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2010
Some christians hav forgotten that God doesn't share His glory with anybody. (Be it any man, whether saint or sinner) no matter how powerful the person may be. The fact is that all glory still goes to Him. It is written in the Bible!
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by AjanleKoko: 6:56pm On May 17, 2010
Who says this is an African thing?
There's a patron saint, Spiridion, whose mummified body is worshipped on the Greek Island of Corfu:

http://www.shoarns.com/SaintSpiridionsChurch.html
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by mekusxxx: 7:21pm On May 17, 2010
Only in Ngbatiland. Useless idolaters.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by emvick: 7:33pm On May 17, 2010
Only God will help us his children, coz we are just human.

Those church members worshiping the skeleton might be hypnotized or covered with scales, no normal human being would do such a thing, or they want him to come back to life?

Some churches should examined before attending or becoming a member,

plz men of God how would you explain this act of worship, Holy or Evil]?

God will never forsake or leave those that diligently seek HIM in truth and spirit, thats HIS[GOD]promise to HIS children,
God keep and preserve us, AMEN
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by remoranger(m): 7:57pm On May 17, 2010
wow
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by totalfact(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2010
Are you actually sure the group described here on paper are actually church of God, or of the founder.
Wonders shall never end!
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by bigfoot79(m): 8:15pm On May 17, 2010
mekuxx! mekuxx! how many times did i call you? You think we the people of Naija have forgotten your uncles at Okija.? Abi Clifford Orji na Yorubaman:? oh did i hear someone mention the most REV kinG, make u no allow me start with you oh. anuofia
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nymphnode(m): 8:22pm On May 17, 2010
bigfoot79:

mekuxx! mekuxx! how many times did i call you? You think we the people of Naija have forgotten your uncles at Okija.? Abi Clifford Orji na Yorubaman:? oh did i hear someone mention the most REV kinG, make u no allow me start with you oh. anuofia

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 17, 2010
Honestly, I am not surprised. Is just that the adsurdities of religions is taking unbelievable dimensions. The attitude of "my pastor said" as opposed

to the bible or logical reasoning is just too much; this is an example of the forms that can emanate from an unthinking mind.

Do not be quick to judge because most of us are guilty of this in our attitudes. So, same attitude; on the form of expression changes. That is religion for you,

believe the unbelievable and assume the unassumable without question. grin grin grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 17, 2010
Cohomology:

Worship any nonsense you want to worship, but just don't infringe on the rights of "others" as you carry on with your stupidity.

yes O
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by mekusxxx: 9:30pm On May 17, 2010
bigfoot79:

And we have not forgotten your gov Gbenga Daniel and the forests of cults in the govt house, Abeokuta. Neither did we forget that your Obas eat human flesh before their corronation. Nor did we forget that Clifford Orji lived in Lagos and learnt his evil ways their. Nor did we forget that 80% of Okija patrons were Yoruba people. lol
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Abagworo(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2010
why is it that when you propose to a lady she will go and consult a pastor before saying yes or no?
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by mekusxxx: 9:41pm On May 17, 2010
Ritual Church! Founder’s body in morgue five years after • Members still worship skeleton
From MUTIU GANIYU, Osogbo

Sunday, May 16, 2010

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/16/517.html

Yoruba and their first in everything bizzare. They introduced ritualism in Nigeria by ogboni and gbomogbomo at a time Igbos were still in diaper. Now it is skeleton worshipping. Truly bizzare!!!

Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nenum(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2010
well even dou i belief my religion is the way.
i still belief we have to respect other people's wish and stop pointing fingers.

"for one until we all die" we do not know if Christianity, Islam, Amorc, free Mason etc is the rite way to d after life
at least 75% of us are still with the religion that our parents imbibed in us as we were growing up (worse case, diff dimension but still d same root) (this is our first religion/belief school)
so u see logically we are all still a victim of certain situation as regards religion (just try having a heated confro tation with sumone of another religion).

my advice is simply dis whatever you are serving remember to do it d right way not as your leader says but according to the real believe of your religion.
because i tell you, you would be a laughing stock, if you die only for you not to make the after life, even dou your religion was the right one.
you would be worse off.

i would also advice that people learn to study other religion, not to practice, but to have a view of their belief then you would respect their wishes, at least until the last day.

in the past i used to be a great admirer of Lobsang Rampa's books. even dou i am strongly of another faith.
but there were so many logic in his teaching.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by command2: 10:14pm On May 17, 2010
to metal gong,am realy suprised at your post why are you attaching the incident to the yoruba land? why dont you just contribute your own opinion and forget about tribe,the okija icident is it the yorubas?jos crises are they yorubas?think befor you say thing or you rather buy yourself a computer game. embarassed
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by bigfoot79(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2010
At the risk of being dragged into the ethnocentrism by Mek.sucks.smiley am i the only one reading this?
80friggin% of the shrine patrons at okija are yorubas( haba lie small if you must lie at all)
your favourite uncle oh sorry "BLODA' Orji does not only lived "thier"(sic) in fact Toyota under bridge is where all his ancestors are from
eat a man before corronation, if only you short sightedness will allow you appreciate yoruba metaphor. Beside "corronation" can only be transliterated 'eating' thus being crowned king can be transliterated (errorneously) to mean "eating king(you need to take sociology classes )
very funny ogboni taught you ritualism, What of ihiagwa, odinani, et al
like i said before, don't tempt me cause i'll bite you real hard
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by command2: 10:46pm On May 17, 2010
fine if you think you can bite then i will proof to you that i have hammer to crush your theets angry
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by mekusxxx: 10:47pm On May 17, 2010
bigfoot79:

At the risk of being dragged into the ethnocentrism by Mek.sucks.smiley am i the only one reading this?
80friggin% of the shrine patrons at okija are yorubas( haba lie small if you must lie at all)
your favourite uncle oh sorry "BLODA' Orji does not only lived "thier"(sic) in fact Toyota under bridge is where all his ancestors are from
eat a man before corronation, if only you short sightedness will allow you appreciate yoruba metaphor. Beside "corronation" can only be transliterated 'eating' thus being crowned king can be transliterated (errorneously) to mean "eating king(you need to take sociology classes )
very funny ogboni taught you ritualism, What of ihiagwa, odinani, et al
like i said before, don't tempt me cause i'll bite you real hard

Try and educate yourself. You may be Yoruba, but you sure are one helluva ignorant Yoruba.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-349159.0.html

http://www.modernghana.com/news/224899/1/ogun-g15-lawmakers-in-blood-oath-scandal-storm-ije.html
http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=5422
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-349664.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-338607.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-315375.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-395310.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-367065.0.html
Do you want more?
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by simplychic(f): 11:11pm On May 17, 2010
the likes of mekuxx and metal gong are attention seekers,i think its high time we ignored them so they'll realise that they are nothing but nuisance.
Cos every topic brought up on nairaland ends up being a tribal war by this idiots. To think mekuss said he's learned and claims to live in the us only to comes here to display the highest level of stupidity.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nizoral(f): 11:31pm On May 17, 2010
Na wah wondas shal neva end my lips ar seald on this one
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by shotster50(m): 12:14am On May 18, 2010
For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by newintexas: 12:28am On May 18, 2010
The only sad part of this is that our spiritual leaders have turned CHRISTIANITY INTO A BIG JOKE. When most of them spend half of the church service Glorifying themselves, its not suprising that those poor souls have been easily brain washed to worship their spiritual leaders instead of God. This is why all humans should fight against poverty, because when you are poor and uneducated you get easily manipulated.
Sickening Really!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu, Ohuabunwa Write Reps, To Meet Respective Party Caucuses / LASG To Hold Groundbreaking Of $100m Lagos Film City On Wednesday / List Of The 6 Electric Discos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.