Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go (6293 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope / Ultimatum In Relationship; How Do You Handle It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 5:09pm On May 19, 2010
Congoshine OR shineCONGO?
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Markenny(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2010
am together with nairaland member since almost a year.
hmm am getting married to her on dec.in nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2010
Markenny,
Hurray
Hurray
Hurray
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Tigerlilly(f): 6:28pm On May 19, 2010
Tru love is found anywhere smiley
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 6:31pm On May 19, 2010
Tigerlilly,
Very true.Love they say comes likes a whisper from a distance

Hope my borrowing Dion words does not make me a Pirate oooo?
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Tigerlilly(f): 6:34pm On May 19, 2010
LOL, Many people say the same things with different words.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2010
Cool Then
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Ranoscky(m): 11:07am On May 20, 2010
I think i'm kinda developin loff in kemisuga.  wink
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Vanpee(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2010
I tried but distance wrecked it. I live in Lagos and she lives in Abuja. Interestingly, she made d 1st move. I hav tried 2 make moves but no response. Conclusively, NL is not a datin site as it has not worked 4 me. I am lookin 4ward 2 a serious relationship in NL
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by manmajor(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2010
Moyola, i will love to exchange email with u, if u dont mind. Here is my id man_major2004@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by minute(f): 1:47pm On May 20, 2010
I suppose eternally,if you are lucky enough,but it's unlikely as

many of the things about a successful relationship involve being

around the actual person and watching their moment by moment

reactions and habits to see if you jibe with them. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Gabangel(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2010
Online relationships are nice but they are like ordinary life, some can be successful, some can be , Okay. But its just like writing letters to people who cant see, get the concept!
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by allboyz(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2010
nl date? dunno
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Tatase(f): 8:59pm On May 20, 2010
I think it's similar to a non-NL relationship because hopefully you'd have had real conversations (other than "you're hot," "you're skegzy," date me"wink first, so there's actually something to start a relationship on. I know an NL couple that were together a while and were really cute together, but broke up over reasons that had nothing to do with NL and could have happened however they met.

NL is a great place to meet people and find like and unlike minds; however, you actually have to do the real work of building a relationship and learning about the other person. You can't just like read someone's posts here and translate their NL-life to real life and based on that decide you want to date them.

Also people can be vastly different in real life than on NL. I was so shocked when I discovered one of my best friends' NL identity because she's the sweetest person in real life but a real beyotch on NL (goodness knows why). So again, your "NL relationship" has to be based on more than you NL personality and "NL life," I think the key to a long-term one is to take it farrrrrr away from NL, don't bring it here; if you're serious about it keep it in real life.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by nateevs(m): 9:22pm On May 20, 2010
Yeah they happen . . .

My friend met her Husband on NL. . .
She'll kill me when sees this post . . .
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by CyberG: 11:36pm On May 20, 2010
Some interesting testimonies here! grin grin

Tigerlilly:

Tru love is found anywhere  smiley

@Tigerlilly. . .what a pair of nice shoes you've got on there!
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by rhymz(m): 4:42am On May 21, 2010
I just find it funny that a lot of us here think that One can actually be different in real life from their NL persona. . .that is shitload of cock & bull. . The real Us is the content of our thoughts and how we convey them, i doubt anyone can be randomly or entirely different from what they say, show me that bloke and let me hand him an Oscar for the best con-person. . .Fact is, we are bits and slices of the sum total of our logic,intelligence and idiosyncrasies. . i.e if for instance, someone always has traces of manipulating and bullying when making his arguements, there is a high possibility that in real life, U are going to have to deal with an egoist later on who gets his satisfaction from such. . .he might be nice the first three months or even longer but with time and objectivity U would see through all the niceties, clever trevias,funny wits, mechanical smiles and looks, the facade that has won him over. . .Like My Ol man will say, we are all pretenders until marriage happens. . .
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by busybody20: 12:37pm On May 21, 2010
nateevs:

Yeah they happen . . .

My friend met her Husband on NL. . .
She'll kill me when sees this post . . .

dont worry she wont see it grin
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2010
True love cant be found anywhere and NL is not excluded.
Lets all the singles be open to possibilities.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by nairaner(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2010
Well, at least NL sparks up relationships. A friend once met a lady here about 2 years back. They went out for like 7 to 9 months but had to drop the relationship when she was relocating back due to immig. issues. So i guess it well depends on the individuals
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by babe1(f): 3:44am On May 22, 2010
hello everyone, I actually met my husband on an old naija web site 7yrs ago and we have been married going on 6 yrs this yr. And yes he is the love of my life and we have a beautiful child now. It can happen anywhere, love that is! Just pray for yours and not someone Else's.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by madlady(f): 12:17pm On May 22, 2010
I've met in person a couple of very nice peeps (ladies) from NL, we are all now firm friends.
  They are exactly the same in real life as they are online "very caring" I hope they will be in my life  forever. smiley
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by femmy2010(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2010
I am sure they would.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by madlady(f): 6:09pm On May 22, 2010
^^ I hope so. smiley
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 22, 2010
^sure sis wink
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by madlady(f): 6:28pm On May 22, 2010
^Have you bro-in law?
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by nellaluv(f): 9:01pm On May 22, 2010
awesome thread
i wanna hear more cheesy
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 22, 2010
madlady:

^Have you bro-in law?
i dnt get sis
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Ranoscky(m): 6:05am On May 23, 2010
I'v gat no GF yet but i'm looking forward to have KEMISUGA as 1. wink
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by ahmedoo(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2010
me i am tripin 4 platinumk. dnt know her and hav neva met her b4.
Re: Nairaland Relationship, How Far Do They Go by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 23, 2010
Nairaland Relationships mostly are fun. won't advice some1 to try it - DANGER - . maybe 1.1% comes to reality.

Facebook is better - connect easily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice Pls.. (images): Should He Forgive Her After She Did This? / Advantage Of Having Big Boobs / 5 Natural Foods That Help You Get A Bigger joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.