Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

. - Politics (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582930 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ishilove:

My dear I'm tired. I have stated it here over again and again that I don't identify as Igbo. Why can't they respect that and let me be?
who really gives a damn about what you identify..as if you have anything to bring at the table...is it not the ukwuani that I know from Ashaka to Unity, from Ogume to Obiaruku...can you tell us what's so special about that place again ?

4 Likes

Re: . by months: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
mr11:
you are not more Igbo than me,what have you sacrifice for Igbo sake?do you know how many work and appointments I have lost because I always make it clear that I'm Igbo to my follow Deltans? I'm from Ndokwa and proud Igbo and so as my family too.

U cannot run from it.

The denial is pointless, Urhobo will still call u Igbo, wen it is time for Politics.

2 Likes

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
mr11:
You igbos from east are too emotional on this issue but refused to understand what happened, yes Igbo denial started after civil war,now let me ask you a question do you think their will be Igbo denial in anioma if anioma is in south east? let me tell you the truth Anambra or any south east state would have deny Igbo if they find themselves in south south. do you know what it means to be denied employment and appointments because you call yourself Igbo from south south in the mist of people that see themselves as real deltas or south south. if you are from anioma you will still do the same when you feel the pressure of being rejected.think and stop talking rubbish.

Shut it..why didn't the Igbo in benue deny being Igbo or igbo in cross river...the isobo ...or Igbo in equitorial Guinea That has been there for centuries

The truth is that you guys are just weaklings ...majority of you guys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by months: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Shut it..why didn't the Igbo in benue deny being Igbo or igbo in cross river...the isobo ...or Igbo in equitorial Guinea That has been there for centuries

The truth is that you guys are just weaklings ...majority of you guys

The fear of minorities?

That is my suspicion as well.

They never talk true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
months:

The fear of minorities?

That is my suspicion as well.
what about the Igbo in benue ...why don't they fear the minorities or the Igbo in cross rivers...the truth is that they are weaklings ...many of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 4:03am On Jan 05, 2020
months:

Honestly, i dont know wat is wrong with Anioma people?

Not all, some will deny another one will say they are proud Igbos.

The minorities are no threat to them, becos if we come down on any singular one of them, it will be wipe out from the earth, forget all the gragra, they know dis and dat is y the ones with bad intention always fear Biafra.

Even in Nigeria, any of them that try that their penchant violence they do in the creeks on our people, will be totally annihilated.

Funny enough, the only threat they have faced aside Nigeria onslaught was from Oba of Benin and using them for sacrifice.

We owe the Oba of Benin a favour to be repaid whenever.

Every Igbo person should know this.

even their women use to say their men are weaklings! Just look at the excuse that they are denyiikg Igbo becauze of Other tribes... why don't other minorities deny their tribes because of them ? Their men are just weaklings trust me

Not all...I mean many of their men are just weak!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 05, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: . by Ndibunna: 8:11am On Jan 05, 2020
BeachLife:
I examined the audio ,plus a few order analysis . Ikwerre and Anioma are communities and dialects of Igboland.
I'll advise all Nigerian ethnic nations,especially the southern ones like Calabarians, Igbo,Yoruba,Ijaw,TIV,Idoma,Edo,etc. implement measures to foster more internal unity, and then they can all have a diplomatic discussion on autonomy or secession from Nigeria.
There are about 15 Ethnic nations in Nigeria and realistically none can secede alone. If at least 8 agree on autonomy, they can take the request to UN. I insist that there's too much internal squabbles among most of the Nigerian ethnicity,and that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Who are the main leaders of Igbo,Calabar,Yoruba,Ijaw,TIV,Edo,Urhobo? Certainly not Nnamdi Kanu or the Niger delta militants. You need responsible ,intelligent, and diplomatic personalities to represent the groups just like Nnamdi Azikiwe,Obafemi Awolowo and the rest did back then to gain independence from Britain.

Which Eight?

Say something that is feasible.
Re: . by horsepower101: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2020
BeachLife:
I examined the audio ,plus a few order analysis . Ikwerre and Anioma are communities and dialects of Igboland.
I'll advise all Nigerian ethnic nations,especially the southern ones like Calabarians, Igbo,Yoruba,Ijaw,TIV,Idoma,Edo,etc. implement measures to foster more internal unity, and then they can all have a diplomatic discussion on autonomy or secession from Nigeria.
There are about 15 Ethnic nations in Nigeria and realistically none can secede alone. If at least 8 agree on autonomy, they can take the request to UN. I insist that there's too much internal squabbles among most of the Nigerian ethnicity,and that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Who are the main leaders of Igbo,Calabar,Yoruba,Ijaw,TIV,Edo,Urhobo? Certainly not Nnamdi Kanu or the Niger delta militants. You need responsible ,intelligent, and diplomatic personalities to represent the groups just like Nnamdi Azikiwe,Obafemi Awolowo and the rest did back then to gain independence from Britain.
I want Calabar (Akwacross) to be autonomous or secede from Nigeria just like Igbo want autonomy and secession. I have to go to there ,meet up with a few people and organized a few measures to foster more unity with clear goal of autonomy or secession. After that accomplishment,organized meetings with leaders of other ehtnicities. Igbos and Calabarians are already on the list , we need 6 more ethnciites to join the call for autonomy or secession. Though ultimately i think the west ,South,east,North ,Madagascar ,and central Africa should all be countries/federations with each autonomous ethnicity as states .

At the bolded, what was your conclusion after your investigation?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:28am On Jan 05, 2020
BeachLife:
Ikwerre and Anioma are communities and dialects of Igboland just as Onicha,Ngwa,Owerre, , Nsukka, are communities and dialects of Igbo. In all ethnic nations,including Japan,Spain,Korea,etc,some dialects are more popular than others and the official language is usually composed based on that popular dialect.
Ikwerre and Anioma are not one of the popular dialects in the group .

This is coming from you an Akwacross indigenes that is not fluent in igbo language.

Now imagine how the rest of us that can actually speak and understand igbo feel when we hear these our igbo brothers (some of them) in the south south region boldly denying being igbo.

I feel ashamed on their behalf.

You cannot fool other minorities in the south south by pretending that you are not igbos. They are not stupid. They will play along with you if it serves their interests but they will call you out when it doesn’t. Eg: when Edwin Clark went against Peter Odili from being Vice President candidate for yar adua.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:36am On Jan 05, 2020
BeachLife:
I want Calabar (Akwacross) to be autonomous or secede from Nigeria just like Igbo want autonomy and secession. I have to go to there ,meet up with a few people and organized a few measures to foster more unity with clear goal of autonomy or secession. After that accomplishment,organized meetings with leaders of other ehtnicities. Igbos and Calabarians are already on the list , we need 6 more ethnciites to join the call for autonomy or secession. Though ultimately i think the west ,South,east,North ,Madagascar ,and central Africa should all be countries/federations with each autonomous ethnicity as states .

Now to address the rest of your point, the problem I have realized is that Nigerians are very scared of change. They prefer the current status over the unknown.

What you wrote sounds very good on paper but trying to accomplish it will make you lots of enemies and may even threaten your very existence.

Nigerians don’t like change. They may cry all day but the moment you try to make a change, you become enemy number 1.

The current system will have to crumble under its own weight first before any meaningful change can be implemented. It’s heading in that direction and the only thing we can do realistically is to wait.
Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Are you shocked by this , madam? Cc. Ishilove.
I have watched you on many occasion and your denial of Igbo is not a problem but the hateful passion you bring with it. You speak of Igbo with deep disgust. And for a person who is not an illiterate and prances herself as an intelligent girl I am constantly perplexed by your level of reasoning...its shameful and disgraceful !

While you guys are at it , here is a shocker....Ndokwa are being heavily Igbonized. However, I am not here to preach Igbo unity but in as much as we are distinct from one another that doesn't stop us from working together for a common good.
She doesnt want to be Igbo. Lets let her be. Ndi Anioma that disclaim Igbo do so based on their upbringing. If your parents tell you not Igbo while growing up, almost nothing will change that when you become an adult. He denial of being Igbo by Ikwerre points to this fact. Infact, some Ikwerre people reply the "Are you Igbo" question with God forbid
It shows that the hatred has been planted in them from a very young age.

2 Likes

Re: . by Ishilove: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Afam4eva:

She doesnt want to be Igbo. Lets let her be. Ndi Anioma that disclaim Igbo do so based on their upbringing. If your parents tell you not Igbo while growing up, almost nothing will change that when you become an adult. He denial of being Igbo by Ikwerre points to this fact. Infact, some Ikwerre people reply the "Are you Igbo" question with God forbid
It shows that the hatred has been planted in them from a very young age.
Thank you Afam. I do not hate the Igbos, i just don't identify as one. All my relatives and every Ukwuani person I know do not identify as one and will vehemently oppose being foisted with them. One's identity is like a blanket, a covering and if someone attempts to take away that covering it will be met with strong resistance.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2020
-

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2020
-

4 Likes

Re: . by months: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Can somebody explain to me wat naptu is looking for on this thread, becos this is not Nigeria news?

If he behaves quiet, no problem but very soon he will start having agenda and misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: . by months: 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ishilove:

Thank you Afam. I do not hate the Igbos, i just don't identify as one. All my relatives and every Ukwuani person I know do not identify as one and will vehemently oppose being foisted with them. One's identity is like a blanket, a covering and if someone attempts to take away that covering it will be met with strong resistance.

I understand totally.

One question, do u identify as Anioma?

If u do, wat are the Anioma? Bini?

1 Like

Re: . by months: 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nigeria as a nation should know dat ones America is done with Iran, we are next.

We have too much energy and that attracts America.

U want to tell me that America can see elephants migrating through Sambisa but not Boko Haram after all this years?

2 Likes

Re: . by naptu2: 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
months:
Can somebody explain to me wat naptu is looking for on this thread, becos this is not Nigeria news?

If he behaves quiet, no problem but very soon he will start having agenda and misbehaving.

I will comment on any Nairaland thread that I feel like commenting on and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about it.

That's the end of the matter.

2 Likes

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ishilove:

Notwithstanding what you may have been told about your ethnic identity while growing up, could you answer these two questions: 1) what do you think makes one Igbo, and 2) what’s your traditional name and what does it mean in english? smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
months:

Funny enough, the only threat they have faced aside Nigeria onslaught was from Oba of Benin and using them for sacrifice.

We owe the Oba of Benin a favour to be repaid whenever.

Do you care to prove your claim ?
Also, I will have you notice that Obaseki is of Anioma descent and that the obi of Onitsha is also Anioma.
The Design of Agbor as well
None of them has ever claimed what you just claimed.
Also I will have you notice that the Midwest was voted into existence by each zones overwhelmingly and that included the Anioma who chose to be in a region with themselves and their other Edo brothers.
So please, prove your claims or else everybody will know you are mentally ill for making such horrific and disturbiy claims with nothing to substantiate them.

Trying to smear the Oba of Benin will not get you Biafra and it will not turn Anioma into Igbo. They remain Edo and that is that.

You the bastvard making threats and posting disgusting smears, you don't even have the courage to use your real name and adress. You want to play Jackie chan under the cover of the internet.
Re: . by months: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
naptu2:

I will comment on any Nairaland thread that I feel like commenting on and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about it.

That's the end of the matter.
Y u stalking this thread?

Was any of your parents an Igbo or u married Igbo?

Seun come and carry one of your run aways disturbing us here. angry
Re: . by months: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Efesogie:
Do you care to prove your claim ?
Also, I will have you notice that Obaseki is of Anioma descent and that the obi of Onitsha is also Anioma.
The Design of Agbor as well
None of them has ever claimed what you just claimed.
Also I will have you notice that the Midwest was voted into existence by each zones overwhelmingly and that included the Anioma who chose to be in a region with themselves and their other Edo brothers.
So please, prove your claims or else everybody will know you are mentally ill for making such horrific and disturbiy claims with nothing to substantiate them.

Trying to smear the Oba of Benin will not get you Biafra and it will not turn Anioma into Igbo. They remain Edo and that is that.

You the bastvard making threats and posting disgusting smears, you don't even have the courage to use your real name and adress. You want to play Jackie chan under the cover of the internet.
[/s]

This thread is for Igbos, if you are not one, kindly see yourself out.

Ishilove and other Anioma, we can tolerate, afterall, Okowa is their Igbo Governor from Agbor in Delta as he claims.

please!
Re: . by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
months:
[s][/s]

This thread is for Igbos, if you are not one, kindly see yourself out.

Ishilove and other Anioma, we can tolerate, afterall, Okowa is their Igbo Governor in Delta as he claims.

please!
push me out then. You believe you are entitled to a thread in which you can be telling horrible lies unchecked ? If you want only Igbos in this thread then why mention the Oba ? Why trying to smear the Oba of Benin ? Why talking about Anioma ?
Focus on your rotten 5 south eastern and let us be.
If you talk about us, then you are inviting us into the discussion, if only to correct and object to your lies.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
-

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.