Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

. - Politics (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582958 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

I’d like to refer all those Igbo deniers from present day Delta and Rivers states to take a cursory look at precolonial maps of IGBOLAND as the colonialists understood it to be! Just google it and get back to me on your findings! smiley

Good. It’s always good to look back at that map I believe in 1929 before all the denials of the 1970s started.

It was created by the white men from their own interactions from different sections of Igboland. They are not stupid.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ishilove: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
naptu2:

Here. Ishilove is my people (that's why I'm here and going nowhere).
QED.

Many will be too bigoted to understand your statement.
Re: . by Ishilove: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
naptu2:

You are very popular/powerful. This thread is meant to be about Igbo political and economic development, but some people have turned it into the Ishilove thread.
As in ehn. See as they carried my matter for head like gala in traffic. cheesy

I am not Igbo, never have, never will be. My family, kinsmen, clansmen, ancestral land, lineage, ancestry, progeny NEVER identified as Igbo and NEVER will.

My fellow Nigerians on this thread are free to huff and puff, cuss and even buss( wink), the reality on ground will never change.cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by chy101: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Ishilove:

As in ehn. See as they carried my matter for head like gala in traffic. am not Igbo, never have, never will be. My family, kinsmen, clansmen, ancestral land, lineage, ancestry, progeny NEVER identified as Igbo and NEVER will. My fellow Nigerians on this thread are free to huff and puff, cuss and even buss( wink), the reality on ground will never changeD
[/s]

You and your family are not known anywhere so why are you disturbing this thread with your inferiority complex.

Except that you were a sacked mod here, who else knows you and knows your thought of being igbo or not ?

Anioma people are Igbos, even more related to Onitsha, so keep whatever your family think aside because we are not interested in your family decisions.

Anioma people are Igbos, ask Ralph Uwachue, as Oshimili people, ask every one of them. Keep what you think to yourself because it doesn't change the general thinking of Anioma people.

6 Likes

Re: . by chy101: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: . by Ishilove: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
chy101:
[s][/s]

You and your family are not known anywhere so why are you disturbing this thread with your inferiority complex.

Except that you were a sacked mod here, who else knows you and knows your thought of being igbo or not ?

Anioma people are Igbos, even more related to Onitsha, so keep whatever your family think aside because we are not interested in your family decisions.

Anioma people are Igbos, ask Ralph Uwachue, as Oshimili people, ask every one of them. Keep what you think to yourself because it doesn't change the general thinking of Anioma people.

Why e dey pain you?

Do you know me or my family offline to know whether we are not known?

Was I not minding my business when your brother pazienza dragged me here?

If you want me to keep what I think about this by-force identity you and your ilk are foisting on the Ukwuani then don't mention me or bring me into your conversation, otherwise I will remain here and be all up in your faces, irritating and annoying the hell out of all of you.

Ukwuani is not Igbo!!

2 Shares

Re: . by chy101: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Ishilove:

Why e dey pain you? Do you know me or my family offline? Was I not minding my business when your brother pazienza dragged me here? If you want me to keep what I think about this by-force identity you and your ilk are foisting on the Ukwuani then don't mention me or bring me into your conversation, otherwise I will remain here and be all up in your faces, irritating and annoying the hell out of all of you.kwuani is not Igbo!!
[/s]

I knew you, you were once a mod before you were sacked. Maybe you thought we are all new here.

Now back to main topic:

Read history below, particularly the marked areas in orange color.

You are just a lone voice with your family. Ukwuani people are pure igbos. So whatever you think in your family is a none issue. Get educated and discard your bigotry.

3 Likes

Re: . by chy101: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Maybe after today you will know your true origin and not the rubbish you were fed by your uneducated guardians

2 Likes

Re: . by SLAP44: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
My auntie who is above 75 years just told me she and the entire Ukwuani people are Igbos and must remain Igbos forever.

I don't like to argue about long proven facts.

6 Likes

Re: . by chy101: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
monthx:

That will not help matters here.

I gave her some home truth, that she would understand.

U were insulting her family, which is very wrong of u.

No. You initially quoted me, thought your words were for me. One love

1 Like

Re: . by SLAP44: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
monthx:

Ok!

I was just telling her the truth that it will cause fight.

Imagine, power rotation in Delta, Okowa finish, Ukwuani say it is their turn becos they are not Igbo

Who will accept that? eh ishilove

That will really start this WW3 grin

3 Likes

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My auntie who is above 75 years just told me she and the entire Ukwuani people are Igbos and must remain Igbos forever.

I don't like to argue about long proven facts.

God will bless your Auntie with a very long life and excellent health!

5 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
I have done my research and understand this Igbo business probably better than anyone that I have met especially as it relates to who is Igbo and who is not.

An Identity can be cultural, social or political. Even though when a tribe or an ethnic group is beibg discussed, it mostly revolves around similarity oflanguage and culture.

The unifying word IGBO as we have today never really existed but Igbo people existed. They spoke dialects of the same language and practiced similar cultures. These people includes anyone that calls For Chi/Chukwu/Chineke or anywhere that BIA means come. This includes most of the areas known as Anioma in Delta State and Igboid speaking tribes in Rivers State.

Now, the present denial is all political and that is okay because even the present day south east never used to identify as IGBO. They used to refer to other Igbo groups as Ndi Igbo or other variations. That's shows that the IGBO tag was foisted but later accepted by majority of Igbos.

1 Like

Re: . by Unbiased1: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
See as these guys dey fall my hand. You guys create the opportunity for irrelevant people to insult Ndigbo. See how u guys have wasted many pages on irrelevant history trying to convince someone that she is Igbo. I opened this thread and saw u guys have added extra 5 pages not knowing that u guys have wasted all 5 pages on Ishilove.
The earlier u guys focus less on the history of Anioma the lower ur blood pressure will be. Anioma that it's people have not done much to develop is what easterners are fighting for like this? This is a clear case of adding a huge liability to Ndigbo.
Have u been to Ukwani before? Apart from farming Cassava and making fufu which other thing dem sabi for there? Ndigbo pls focus only on the east at least for now, and stop looking for liabilities in the SS up and down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Unbiased1:
See as these guys dey fall my hand. You guys create the opportunity for irrelevant people to insult Ndigbo. See how u guys have wasted many pages on irrelevant history trying to convince someone that she is Igbo. I opened this thread and saw u guys have added extra 5 pages not knowing that u guys have wasted all 5 pages on Ishilove.
The earlier u guys focus less on the history of Anioma the lower ur blood pressure will be. Anioma that it's people have not done much to develop is what easterners are fighting for like this? This is a clear case of adding a huge liability to Ndigbo.
Have u been to Ukwani before? Apart from farming Cassava and making fufu which other thing dem sabi for there? Ndigbo pls focus only on the east at least for now, and stop looking for liabilities in the SS up and down.

Exactly!!!
These sentiments wont change online no matter how many pages wasted. My attitude this 2020 is to leave the igbo south southerners alone to do their thing. I will never spend a centimeter of my energy trying to convince someone to accept and be proud of their igbo ancestry and heritage.

South Easterners need to continue to hold their heads up proudly and most importantly have a razor sharp focus to develop Alaigbo. We need to turn the south East into a very developed region between now to the next 10 years. Lets not get distracted.

Ekwusigo m.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
obowo69:

Exactly!!!
These sentiments wont change online no matter how many pages wasted. My attitude this 2020 is to leave the igbo south southerners alone to do their thing. I will never spend a centimeter of my energy trying to convince someone to accept and be proud of their igbo ancestry and heritage.

South Easterners need to continue to hold their heads up proudly and most importantly have a razor sharp focus to develop Alaigbo. We need to turn the south East into a very developed region between now to the next 10 years. Lets not get distracted.

Ekwusigo m.

I totally understand your attitude. Dealing with identity crisis and denialism can be very tiring.

4 Likes

Re: . by SLAP44: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ukwuani means Leg on the ground in Igbo language.

Until someone tells me what Ukwuani means in any other languages, I will stick with what my auntie says that Ukwuani is as staunchly Igbo as Nnewi. grin

5 Likes

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
chy101:
[s][/s]

I knew you, you were once a mod before you were sacked. Maybe you thought we are all new here.

Now back to main topic:

Read history below, particularly the marked areas in orange color.

You are just a lone voice with your family. Ukwuani people are pure igbos. So whatever you think in your family is a none issue. Get educated and discard your bigotry.
she was fired as a mod .. very irritating

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.