Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O (18834 Views)

Jackson Ojo: Buhari Will Handover To Northerner In 2023 ― APC Chieftain / I Will Handover To Another PDP Governor – Dickson Boasts / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by shallysgirl: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

This is the Igbo stupidity I mentioned earlier.

You guys forget that politics is a game of interest. You make friends with your enemies if that would get you what you desire. But Igbos are constantly playing a game of hate. Very soon, even Kogi will produce a president and Igbos will continue to await a presidential slot that will never happen with the way they play their politics.
This is plain yoruba stupidity you just displayed up there.
Is the guy you quoted Igbo. ?
Keep fooling yasef. If you don't mention Igbo for a day you die.
You quote a yoruba bro and then insult Igbos.
Finally, you have no right to insult people for who they choose to vote for.
I have been to ota, and it isn't better than Onitsha. Daura isn't better than asaba, so what is all this nonsense.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BabaRamota1980: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
shallysgirl:
I have been to ota, and it isn't better than Onitsha. Daura isn't better than asaba, so what is all this nonsense.?

SHAT AP THERE! angry
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BafanaBafana: 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
An Igbo man was supposed to be president in 2015 had igbos supported the call to allow a notherner run the second tenure of Yaradua. But igbos were the loudest in opposing it. They said there was nothing like zoning, that it only takes place after a president has emerged. People like Dr Ken Nnamani tried to persuade them but no way. Jonathan was their brother. Hausas can't keep ruling. That was how they denied themselves the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by shallysgirl: 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
quite easy to identify a flat head.

coneheaded turning against his bro. Typical characteristic of a head slamming yoruba muslim.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BabaRamota1980: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
BafanaBafana:
An Igbo man was supposed to be president in 2015 had igbos supported the call to allow a notherner run the second tenure of Yaradua. But igbos were the loudest in opposing it. They said there was nothing like zoning, that it only takes place after a president has emerged. People like Dr Ken Nnamani tried to persuade them but no way. Jonathan was their brother. Hausas can't keep ruling. That was how they denied themselves the opportunity.

Chuba Okadigbo was VP nominee with this same Buhari, they hated Buhari so much they refused to vote him and Okadigbo in.

This new found clamour for Ibo presidency in 2023 is because they hate Buhari, but even moreso now, at the realization that Osinbajo will be APC presidential nominee in 2023, their hatred for Yoruba is hard to conceal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BabaRamota1980: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
shallysgirl:
coneheaded turning against his bro. Typical characteristic of a head slamming yoruba muslim.

I say SHAT AP THERE! angry
see small girl talking up to her superior. Dont let me come and find you where you dey.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by shallysgirl: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
BluntBoy:

That was why the Northerners revolted in 2011 because they felt cheated. Now, they will use 8 complete years and will pass it to the Yorubas. This will continue until the Igbos learn how to play politics well.

Stop making it look like a battle. Yorubas can sleep in so rock forever. One thing is sure, you will still live in a Nigeria without electricity like every Igbo man. Almajiris will still exist in the north.
You will suffer what every Nigerian suffers.
Try and visit any Hausa colony in any state in Nigeria and come and tell me what makes them better than igbos.
I have been to ota, and it isn't better than Onitsha. I used to attend service there at winners 'chapel, and it's a village with no roads or amenities.
No wonder your oga said you are a lazy Nigerian youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by shallysgirl: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Must you have headache over Igbo presidency? Keep your presidency to yasef.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Ovamboland(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
oyetunder:
Im a Yoruba man...but i have learnt that No man is responsible for where he was born, so I respect all honourable humans without considering their tribes or race. If we cannot allow an Igbo man or woman to rule Nigeria, then we should let them go please. Leadership ordinarily should be based on merits...but in Nigeria, even our constitution promotes tribal competitions. Those from the North imposed quota system on us academically to allow them catch up...We created geo political zones... Then we must be ready to to shift ground when it comes to the highest office in the land.

That's thinking like a simpleton, what would USA have become if they allowed Confederate states to go away with their slaves. Two weak countries always antagonizing each other would have emerged. Non would ever attain the level of power and influence of the USA. Maybe California and Arizona too would be one independent weak like European country that needs a super power for protection.

In your simple reasoning you don't realize granting IPOB request is tantamount to dissolving the Nigerian federation into at least five countries with multiple wars going on with claims and counter claims of territory and overlapping lands. Nobody can tell when those wars will end. Only fools or psychopaths will be asking for the formation of another country out of Nigeria and actually believe the consequences is nil far beyond their own territory.

Street protest and riots cannot bring another country out of Nigeria, any half brained person should know that by now that only a military defeat of the Nigerian army on the battlefield can create another country and damning the consequences.
It really beats imagination that adults believe they can have a new country by engaging in street agitation.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by ANIOMADEI2018: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
ijustdey:

I used two major roads in the south east during this Easter period , Onitsha-Enugu and Enugu-PH expressways and I couldn't believe the level of work I saw especially from Enugu to Aba with Okigwe to Aba looking too good to be true.

I make bold to say that by that alone PMB has invested more on infrastructure in South east than the entire fed govt did from 1999-2015. That's not including the Owerri-PH exp, the Aba-Ikot Ekpene road, Owerri-Aba exp and the almighty second Niger Bridge.

If we include the human investments in Aba shoe industrialists, the Nigerian Defence - Innoson Motors partnership, the CBN agric-funding in Enugu, Abakiliki and Anambra rice you will only wonder what is inherently wrong with our people for not seeing Buhari as God-Sent to Igbo people.

Well, I believe at the right time his actions will speak louder than his detectors' voice.

I only hope by the time we realize that it wouldn't be too late.

However, I enjoin every IGBO and indeed Nigerian lover to as a matter of urgency embark on fact-based education on why we should support the PMB govt. A stitch in time the English say, saves nine.

Dr. Louis Nonye Obodo

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/22/igbo-presidency-buhari-will-handover-osinbajo-dont-deceived-chekwas-okorie-tells-south-east/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by oyetunder(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ovamboland:

That's thinking like a simpleton, what would USA have become if they allowed Confederate states to go away with their slaves. Two weak countries always antagonizing each other would have emerged. Non would ever attain the level of power and influence of the USA. Maybe California and Arizona too would be one independent weak like European country that needs a super power for protection.

In your simple reasoning you don't realize granting IPOB request is tantamount to dissolving the Nigerian federation into at least five countries with multiple wars going on with claims and counter claims of territory and overlapping lands. Nobody can tell when those wars will end. Only fools or psychopaths will be asking for the formation of another country out of Nigeria and actually believe the consequences is nil far beyond their own territory.

Street protest and riots cannot bring another country out of Nigeria, any half brained person should know that by now that only a military defeat of the Nigerian army on the battlefield can create another country and damning the consequences.
It really beats imagination that adults believe they can have a new country by engaging in street agitation.
agreed with all humility...suppressing and denying any tribe their rightful place in any country always lead to terrible things. If you had patiently read what I wrote. I know that boundaries are defined by war and blood when Nations disintegrate...but at the same, let us allow fairness.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by cbrass(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
oyetunder:
Im a Yoruba man...but i have learnt that No man is responsible for where he was born, so I respect all honourable humans without considering their tribes or race. If we cannot allow an Igbo man or woman to rule Nigeria, then we should let them go please. Leadership ordinarily should be based on merits...but in Nigeria, even our constitution promotes tribal competitions. Those from the North imposed quota system on us academically to allow them catch up...We created geo political zones... Then we must be ready to to shift ground when it comes to the highest office in the land.

did any man stop the igbo man from becoming the president? or did they ask them not to contest? i don't get you [ls

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Vince77(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
There will never be Igbo presidency. Don't let anybody deceive you.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BluntBoy(m): 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
shallysgirl:
Stop making it look like a battle. Yorubas can sleep in so rock forever. One thing is sure, you will still live in a Nigeria without electricity like every Igbo man. Almajiris will still exist in the north.
You will suffer what every Nigerian suffers.
Try and visit any Hausa colony in any state in Nigeria and come and tell me what makes them better than igbos.
I have been to ota, and it isn't better than Onitsha. I used to attend service there at winners 'chapel, and it's a village with no roads or amenities.
No wonder your oga said you are a lazy Nigerian youth.

We are talking power zoning and balance and you are talking nonsense.

No one makes this as much of a battle as the Igbos. They are the ones who scream marginalization at every opportunity. All I did was tell them how to play the game. I don't know how that has a connection with electricity.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BluntBoy(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
shallysgirl:

Obviously, you are not very bright, Shally cheesy

Check the thread title again. We aren't comparing cities or infrastructures here. We are talking zoning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Ovamboland(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
oyetunder:
agreed with all humility...suppressing and denying any tribe their rightful place in any country always lead to terrible things. If you had patiently read what I wrote. I know that boundaries are defined by war and blood when Nations disintegrate...but at the same, let us allow fairness.

Read what many of them wrote here that they will vote against any kind of Yoruba candidate in 2023 even if he's the one to make Nigeria utopia. Is that how to get cooperation from the West for any agenda they have? Have they approached regional leadership any where or they're just agitating on social media?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
life2017:
Osibanjo will make a good president in 2023 after Buhari completes his 2 terms in office.

However, I believe if South east gives Buhari 40% or more of their vote and give 60% to PDP, Igbo presidency is a possibility if Buhari wins 2019. But if they give Buhari less than 30% of their votes and Buhari wins 2019, Igbo presidency will be as good as dead.

Politics is a negotiation. Nobody can say with 100% certainty Igbo will get 2023 presidency if Buhari wins.
But what we can all say with 100 percent certainty is that the chance of Igbo presidency is much higher if south east gives majority of their votes to Buhari if Buhari wins 2019.

My advice to igbos, In 2019 igbos should share their vote 50 50 for PDP and APC. Buhari was able to win with only 7% of south east vote in 2015. It means Buhari can win without south east in 2019. It will be complete naivity and political stupidity for Igbos to give block votes to PDP again in 2019. It is total foolishness to withhold your votes from someone that can win without u.

In a multicultural and multireligious country like Nigeria, you can't win presidency without making alliance with others.

Stop fooooooooling ur sense on an industrial scale.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
collitexnaira:
Osinbajo becoming the president still depends on our vote.

Buhari or any individual has no legal power to decide who becomes the president. I laugh when some cunning individuals keep saying if buhari win the election in 2019, he will hand over to the igbos. They can only deceive the gullible ones with such promise.

These old recycled politicians don't just know that many Nigerians don't care about the tribe, religion and party of who ever becomes the president. All we want is a competent and credible candidate to uplift the affairs of this nation

""Nigerians don't care about the tribe""

Its only igbos that don't care where the president comes from.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by VULCAN(m): 12:20am On Apr 23, 2018
You sound a bit naive though.

Does it mean you put your head in the sand as regards the hatred that most Nigerians have for the Igbos?

Perhaps you're just very young so you are just being sincere.

Who chose OBJ, was it not Babangida? Who chose Yaradua, was it not OBJ.

Don't think you're even a Nigerian if you are unaware of these facts

Iammercy2018:
Is it buhari that will single handedly hand over presidency to Osibanjo abi?

He has just one vote just has u any every other citizens.

If igbos want to be a president bring a worthy person to contest and if the people like they vote for him or someone else, shekena!
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by VULCAN(m): 12:25am On Apr 23, 2018
Some of us were around before PDP's 16yrs and we know who ruled us.

If you were born just before PDP took power pls allow us who saw previous rulers educate you

authority2006:

Sense will not kill you. For the 16 years that PDP held Nigerians in bondage, how many years were northerners spent as president?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by cosmos1440: 12:26am On Apr 23, 2018
for your mind now, you go think say you get sense, abi ?
from 1999-2007 and 2008-2015, was not part of the period after the civil war.

NB.: since the biafran war..... power has remained in the north......... yet they remain the poorest in everything.....[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by IYANGBALI: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2018
Igbo's would be used and dumped in 2019 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by cosmos1440: 1:18am On Apr 23, 2018
for your mind now, you go think say you get sense, abi ?
from 1999-2007 and 2008-2015, was not part of the period after the civil war.

NB.: since the biafran war..... power has remained in the north......... yet they remain the poorest in everything.....[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Modarun(m): 2:17am On Apr 23, 2018
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/22/igbo-presidency-buhari-will-handover-osinbajo-dont-deceived-chekwas-okorie-tells-south-east/

Reason why Yorubas would rather the country went to the dogs than say the truth that Buhari is a disaster. But its a good thing, the middle belt, north central and all those minorities slaughtered everyday can now see the real enemies are not the Igbos or South south as sold to them by the Lagos -Ibadan express way Brown envelop journalists in Tinubu pocket.
2019 We shall rewrite the wrongs, we shall send Tinubu and his selfish pricka back to the south west, back to their amala regional politics.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by rusher14: 3:33am On Apr 23, 2018
Cornerstone2020:
It is only the ignorant Igbos who doesn't know Buhari and his antecedents in Nigeria's politics he has never treated igbos fairly and he will not do that come 2023.
But I am happy 90% of igbos are not buying the deceit been promoted by Igbo defender , Orji kalu ,okorocha and other Apc touts from Igbo

Have the Igbos treated Buhari fairly?

When he got into office were Igbos not threatening other Igbos into refusing any appointment by the man?

Did Nnamdi kanu, who was pro-Nigeria in 2012, not rallying a secession troop with all kind of invectives used against the man prior to the 2015 election and immediately after?

You can choose not to vote him, that's your prerogative but we must continue to tell ourselves the truth.

I do foresee Buhari winning in 2019, with fallout being further gnashing of teeth by the same group who have done everything to ostracize themselves.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by rusher14: 3:42am On Apr 23, 2018
VULCAN:

Does it mean you put your head in the sand as regards the hatred that most Nigerians have for the Igbos?

Who chose Buhari?

The people.
smiley
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by ChidiAlaigbo: 6:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Igbo presidency? For this or another Nigeria?...........God forbid bad thing!
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by BafanaBafana: 6:37am On Apr 23, 2018
shallysgirl:
Must you have headache over Igbo presidency? Keep your presidency to yasef.
Why should I have headache over something that will never happen?
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by dantori(m): 7:07am On Apr 23, 2018
ijustdey:

And you this selfish man who wanted to seize APGA from Ojukwu can now talk as if you love Igbo it's all for your selfish interest you went ahead to form another party against the widely recognised Igbo Party well let me take you back memory lane in 2003 PMB's running mate was Igbo same in 2007 what makes you think he'll influence who gets the presidential ticket come 2023 God willing but certainly I know he'll do what is right for sure
mark my words the best bet for Igbo presidency still remains APC at least for now
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by Iammercy2018: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2018
VULCAN:

this ppl you mentioned above were chosen not doubt neither am I saying buhari can't choose Osibanjo, all am saying is that they can be chosen to run as a president but that doesn't guarantee them the position if the mass refuses to vote for them, it's that simple.

So if that man is saying buahri is deceiving the igbos with his 2019 election, then he is one of the problem we're having in Nigeria.

We've gotten to a stage where picking president can only be done in parties, but the masses will have the final say on the election day.

If 2023 election comes and we have a Igbo candidate and another from the North, am not going to vote for the Igbo man because I am Igbo, rather I'll evaluate the candidates and give my vote to whom I think is worthy of it.

If we should all base on sharing the presidency to by where we come from, then it'll only be the hausas, igbos and Yorubas that'll be president in Nigeria, so what about the people from the middle belt are they not Nigerians too?

So let anyone who wants to contest come out and contest and forget about where he/she comes, if the masses like you they vote for you if they don't they cast their votes to someone else.
This is democracy.

I am Mercy.
President federal republic of Nigeria 2027.
Signed.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Buhari Will Handover To Osinbajo, Don’t Be Deceived - Chekwas O by shallysgirl: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Why should I have headache over something that will never happen?
Then you shouldn't be here. Bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Speaks On Attacking Catholic Priest In Anambra / ‘Come And Chop’ Ministers - This Day / Senator Okorocha Meets Abdullahi Adamu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.