Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder (1377 Views)

"Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP / Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso / Mark To Northern Leaders: Boko Haram May Break Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by mafioso2(m): 1:03am On May 17, 2010
Nigeria may break up if President Goodluck Jonathan undermines the current zoning arrangement in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and bows to pressure on him to run for the presidency in 2011.

According to a PDP elder, Chief Bode Mustapha, who spoke to the Nigerian Tribune, on Sunday in Lagos, against the background of intense horse trading by some hawks to make Jonathan contest presidency, it will be suicidal for him to go against the grains of the mutually agreed zoning policy of the part.

He said the clamour for him to run amounted to a contractual breach with grave implications for the stability and co-existence of the 250 ethnic groups that make up the federation.

He declared, “Naturally, he (President Jona-than) should be under pressure from people who are benefiting from him that he should run. But I believe he is intelligent enough to know that when the die is cast and the whole thing crum-bles, he would take full responsibility. I do not believe that he would like Nigeria to break up.

“We have stability in the country today because of the zoning arrangement that places people in different positions. We want peace in this country; we don’t want distractions and more problems again.

We should not change the goal post in the middle of the match. I believe that by the time the zoning arrangement has taken through all the six geopolitical zones, then it (the presidential race) can become anybody’s affairs. If we don’t do that, it means we are changing the goal post and may God save this country.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/5455-2011-nigeria-may-break-up-if-jonathan-contests-pdp-elder-

[size=16pt]If they try any shiiiiiit what Happened in 1994 (in Rwanda) will repeat itself in Naija, [/size]

Who Loose If Nigeria Breaks-up?, The northerners have been there since Independence and Nigeria did not break-up,  Now that it's our turn(Niger-delta/South South) they are Promising hell, If anything happen to Uncle Joe they will know what's up.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Osama10(m): 1:12am On May 17, 2010
Who cares? Let it break up ooo.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by mafioso2(m): 1:14am On May 17, 2010
^^^^^
Abi My Broda it's long overdue ooooh grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by edoyad(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2010
He declared, “Naturally, he
(President Jona-than) should be
under pressure from people who
are benefiting from him that he
should run. But I believe he is
intelligent enough to know that
when the die is cast and the
whole thing crum-bles, he would
take full responsibility. I do not
believe that he would like Nigeria
to break up.

It would be the greatest gift to Nigeria for Jonathan to run and make the dream of all realists come true, BREAK THE COUNTRY UP ALREADY.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by EzeUche(m): 6:41am On May 17, 2010
^^^^^^

You can say that again my Middle Belt friend! grin
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by kettykings: 6:46am On May 17, 2010
How come every body here is supporting the break up of nigeria but in other fora do not want to hear about biafra. Can somebody enlighten me please
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by bouymoyo(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2010
mafioso2@ 4 whom are u working 4, abeg 4 ur own interest drop dis barbaric talk. what's ur own if he contest abi na 4 ur domous dem dey zone presidency?. lol
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by udezue(m): 1:17pm On May 17, 2010
If thats the case then let him please. I support him.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by bouymoyo(m): 1:30pm On May 17, 2010
Una dey hear so bad belle pple. carry go jare oga Jonna we dey padun u. 2011 here comes the new era in Nigeria politics with the doctor dat will cure d country & achieive vision 2020
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by otokx(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2010
To start with; who is this Bode? who is this son of Mustapha? The guy looks like one of them unknown civilians; it is PDP that will break up not Nigeria.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On May 17, 2010
I never knew PDP now determines what happened to Nigeria.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by bouymoyo(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2010
I wonder ooooo
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by chidichris(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2010
pls jonathan, for the first time, i am behind u. just go ahead and contest because this break up is long over due.
if for real or for sure his contestng will bring about this break up, i will ask that the election take place this week.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by bouymoyo(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2010
thanks bro we the youth plenty pass them, the old cargos.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by sheriffman(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2010
Yes bode mustapha go and tell ur coleagues dat we all want Jonathan to contest I know u r their spokesman.We want Jonathan to contest so pack ur bags and leave the country for us
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by RoadStar: 4:24pm On May 17, 2010
Who is Bode Mustapha and where was he when OBJ was gunning 4 third term ?
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by okhai(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2010
Who cares if the country breaks up. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. When all these yrs the northerners were ruling, the south did not threaten break up.It is a cheap blackmail and propaganda in order to cow and intimidate Goodluck from contesting. As Nigeria, he has the constitutional right and privilege to contest. Afterall, the so called zoning arrangement by the pdp is not enshrined in the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria. If the zoning arrangement was binding, how come northerners contested the pdp primary election with obj in the 2003 election.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Omolulu(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2010
okhai:

Who cares if the country breaks up. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. When all these yrs the northerners were ruling, the south did not threaten break up.It is a cheap blackmail and propaganda in order to cow and intimidate Goodluck from contesting. As Nigeria, he has the constitutional right and privilege to contest. Afterall, the so called zoning arrangement by the pdp is not enshrined in the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria. If the zoning arrangement was binding, how come northerners contested the pdp primary election with obj in the 2003 election.
true, brother u hit that nail on the head.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by houvest: 6:39pm On May 17, 2010
Why must the PDP power rotation not be from one Geopolitical zone to another till all have tasted it? why must it be between the south and the north that have ruled for donkey years. He that comes to equity should come with clean hands to be able to win the sympathy of the judge before pleading his case. Methinks Rotation of power bw North and South is flawed as the aim of letting it get to those that have not tasted it is defeated. Those that have tasted it should wait till it goes round and then gets back to them. I remember that during the Abacha Constitutional Conference the position of the Southern delegates was for power to rotate from zone to zone till it goes round but the North was not sympathethic to that at all. After rulling for so many years, they yet insisted that it must be between north and South. Now the chicks are coming home to roost.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by vigasimple(m): 9:33pm On May 17, 2010
PDP will break up and we prayed that it shoul happen now now, they are an evil party. If there were ever to be zoning agreed, that is a matter for PDP and not other parties let alone the whole of NIgeria.

The PDP guy also assumed that the PDP will always win because they own the rigging machinery. Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

To be frank, after Yar A'clueless anyway, the North will have changed party. They are very insincere people.

IN the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, every political party and politicians that does not want the well beings of NIgeria break by holy ghost fire.

AMen. Amen and Amen
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by sjeezy8: 9:43pm On May 18, 2010
Who cares im soo over all this walking on egg shells. One cant say something about islam or muslims in the north will go crazy, One cant say something about militants being fake or they will set off a bomb, Every other day biafra wtf etc

every minute break up break up, break up already damn I got shiot to do and business to handle

break up already doesnt matter yo
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by mohid(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2010
Abeg GJ must contest na make Nigeria break up we dey, dont think any other single country has this number of diverse ethnicities and languages.
Make we break up eeh!!!
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by neily(f): 11:29pm On May 18, 2010
There is nothing like zoning in a civil society. Why can't we be civil for once in this country!
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by udezue(m): 12:51am On May 19, 2010
When he talks about breaking up does he mean that the core North will declare independence or does he mean that will unleash boko haram? lol The bagger needs to understand that this is not the Zik era when any demand made by the ota was greeted with prostrations. Those days are gone so let them do their worst and help disintegrate this abominable union we have with them.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Nobody: 1:51am On May 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

Who cares im soo over all this walking on egg shells. One cant say something about islam or muslims in the north will go crazy, One cant say something about militants being fake or they will set off a bomb, Every other day biafra wtf etc

every minute break up break up, break up already damn I got shiot to do and business to handle

break up already doesnt matter yo

Exactly. I really dont care anymore.

The only exciting thing about Nigeria right now is the probability that it would end up breaking up.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by EzeUche(m): 2:39am On May 19, 2010
FL Gators:

Exactly. I really dont care anymore.

The only exciting thing about Nigeria right now is the probability that it would end up breaking up.

Either way, you will still be my concubine, so get used to it. grin I will take you back to my village. It would be interesting to have a Yoruba living among us.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Nobody: 2:42am On May 19, 2010
EzeUche:

Either way, you will still be my concubine, so get used to it. grin I will take you back to my village. It would be interesting to have a Yoruba living among us.
Right, and you will be my BSDM buddy. Too bad nothing can take me away from Ekiti State cool
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by 0hsisi: 2:51am On May 19, 2010
and who is the chicken speaking?
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by EzeUche(m): 3:52am On May 19, 2010
FL Gators:

Right, and you will be my BSDM buddy. Too bad nothing can take me away from Ekiti State cool

Oh no! That is way too freaky for my liking. shocked I am pretty sure dollars can take you away from your precious Ekiti State.
Re: 2011: Nigeria May Break Up If Jonathan Contests - Pdp Elder by Nobody: 3:59am On May 19, 2010
EzeUche:

Oh no! That is way too freaky for my liking. shocked I am pretty sure dollars can take you away from your precious Ekiti State.
If you had betted your life on that, you'd be having tea with the devil right now.
The dollars you dont have lol

(1) (Reply)

Ibori ,uduahgan Dynasty / Tier 1, 2, & Hsmp To Loose Right To Uk Settlement -migration Advisory Committee / I’ll Step Down For A Northern Candidate - Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.