Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters (29238 Views)

EFCC To Arraign Saraki For Diverting N12 Billion From Treasury Kwara State / Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by marvin905(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2018
are they building a sky scraper

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Muzikluva(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2018
Say what 24 Billion for a building shocked loool... Efcc fighting corruption indeed grin
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by martineverest(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2018
Earthbound:
You people used 24 billion naira to construct a building and later you will say you're fighting corruption.

Continue, we are watching in 4D
look at the source of the news .....fake news
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2018
Wot happened to its current building they are using of recent Besides 24billa na huge cash
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Ayobami7(m): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2018
I Tire for this country oo
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by LaudGuy: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2018
...And yet hybrid can successfully prosecute 80% of their cases. Nonsense
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by LaudGuy: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2018
...And yet they can successfully prosecute 80% of their cases. Nonsense
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by dust144(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Mtchewwww

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by 400billionman: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2018
Boyooosa:

Don't you know the meaning of facility? Facility does not mean blocks and cement, it means resource & sophistications.
Do you know what is called Priorities? Would you be building a house like Pentagon when Nigeria is not the US? Has EFCC recovered 24 billion times by 2 since it's inception? Even you, can you build a house you have never earned it's value? Won't you be a thief to do that?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by ericuzor(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
24 Billion Naira? grin I hope it's a 50 Storey High Rise Building

that building with all the furniture in it doesn't cost up to 7billion everything in this country is a scam

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Jabioro: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Fraud house,it is an official fraud home! What a waist.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Duru009(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2018
This project started far back in 2012/2013 by Goodluck Jonathan regime.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by enlady(f): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2018
Cost of the building sounds outrageous

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Was the building made from the Cedars of Lebanon or are the inbuilt cells made of Gold for VIP thieves that it should cost a whopping 24 Billion Naira. Useless EFCC that hasn't won a single prosecution case. They only win media trials.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by toluxa1(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2018
I have always wondered what and who is building that kind of structure. It's very close to my house along Airport road in Abuja, just behind Federal Medical centre. We have been debating exactly what that building is for over a year only for me to see EFCC Logo on it last week. It's an incredible edifice. But I can't believe Govt spent that kind of money on an office. Julius Berger built it and the quality of work there is simply incredible but 24 Billion naira? Kaii

Update. Here are pictures of the building.

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2018
iguessitwasbuiltwith stolen funds recovered. ,
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by toluxa1(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2018
martineverest:
look at the source of the news .....fake news

It's not fake news. I pass infront of the place regularly. They just put up their logo last week.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2018
i guess it was built with stolen funds recovered. ,
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by waveman2: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2018
At most 12billion should build this office excluding furnishing. This is the biggest form of corruption.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by authority2006(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2018
abumeinben:
24 you say? For a 4th mainland bridge from Lagos to Abuja?

I can only imagine what such amount would do to our universities, so that my lecturer would stop drawing ROM on the board and our lab technologists would stop telling us.... assuming the speed of the motor is 500rpm...maybe our school management would remember there's an Electrical department and stop inviting NEPA to fix common faults on power lines.
I'm not against EFCC, I'm only "mistified" by the figure.
twas hell back in school days. embarassed

Fund meant for this development can't be used for that development, it is very wrong.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Jsucre(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2018
help! e be like say dem don format my counting brain, how much is #24bn to the value of efcc?

ahhhh! aye mi o. who blindfolded me to join vote apc at federal level!

that person no do good o
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Bimpe29: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Kudos to GEJ in whose tenure the project was inaugurated when Farida Wazir was at the helm of affairs at EFCC. Thumbs up for PMB who continued the good work of housing the anti-graft agency.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Dollabiz: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by martineverest(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2018
toluxa1:

It's not fake news. I pass infront of the place regularly. They just put up their logo last week.
is it worth 20 billion?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by kalu61(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2018
freeze001:
Hehehe! Corruption fighting building
you are funny
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Reference(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2018
toluxa1:
I have always wondered what and who is building that kind of structure. It's very close to my house along Airport road in Abuja, just behind Federal Medical centre. We have been debating exactly what that building is for over a year only for me to see EFCC Logo on it last week. It's an incredible edifice. But I can't believe Govt spent that kind of money on an office. Julius Berger built it and the quality of work there is simply incredible but 24 Billion naira? Kaii

Hmmm....that multirise building I suppose. It is certainly worth that amount but what is the EFCC doing in a building that is bigger than Force Headquarters (Louis Edet House) and can probably rival the CBN HQ.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Codes151(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Toothless dogs get a new cage
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by abumeinben(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2018
authority2006:

Fund meant for this development can't be used for that development, it is very wrong.

Do you really feel comfortable with such amount for a building? How much would a new Aso Rock cost?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by godwinonyilog: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2018
[s]
voiceoftheupcom:
EFCC to move into N24 Billion newly built head office
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/04/efcc-to-move-into-n24-billion-newly.html

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will move into its N24 billion headquarters next month, Eyes Of Lagos learnt at the weekend.

President Muhammadu Buhari is to inaugurate the building.

Acting Chairman Ibrahim Magu said yesterday: “I am excited that the headquarters is ready for use.

‘’The Federal Government has spent over N24 billion to build it. I will crosscheck to give you the exact figure.

“I thank Mr. President for according this project a priority. It is part of his commitment to the anti-graft war. This is a legacy project, which many generations will be proud of.

“No leader in Africa has provided such a conducive environment for an anti-corruption agency like President Buhari has done.

“We have also received support from ministers and MDAs on release of funds and necessary infrastructure.

“This commission is grateful to the National Assembly for its interest in the project. Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, chairmen and members of committees on Anti-corruption always visited the site to monitor the work.

‘’It shows that if we are determined, we can be on the same page on this war against corruption. It is not a personal thing.

Magu added: “We are hosting heads of anti-graft agencies in the Commonwealth (Africa chapter) in May and we are hopeful the headquarters will be ready for occupation because it is more than 95 per cent completed.

“We are expecting Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to inspect the facility any time from now.”

The project has passed through three administrations in EFCC.

The construction of the headquarters was initiated by a former EFCC Chairperson Mrs. Farida Waziri.

Following a memo presented by a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Yayale Ahmed, the Federal Executive Council (FEC), on November 24, 2010 approved N18 billion for the 10-Storey building.

Another former Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde tried to get the peogramme completed but it was unsuccessful due to poor timeline for release of funds.

Magu, however, succeeded in seeing the project through in the last two and a half years.
[/s]
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by toluxa1(m): 10:45am On Apr 23, 2018
martineverest:
is it worth 20 billion?

Absolute Not.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by 9jaArea: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2018
EFCC Building

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Wisebisho: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2018
24 billion Yahoo office.. Business as usual..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Parents In The 80s (Throwback Photos) / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho / ‘Don’t Allow Your Morale Dwindle,’ Army Chief Urges Troops After Niger Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.