Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters (29240 Views)

EFCC To Arraign Saraki For Diverting N12 Billion From Treasury Kwara State / Court Orders EFCC To Investigate Oshiomhole Over Corruption Allegations / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by HoodBillionaire: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2018
is it disney world
and a mall with 50,000 elevators and sky scrapper
efcc such a scam
fuc
24billion.
God is neva coming to Nigeria
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by deolu2000(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2018
24 billion to build an office structure? Seriously we are a joke in this country. even the CIA and FBI buildings with all the tech inside are not worth that much. Change indeed
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by toluxa1(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Reference:

Hmmm....that multirise building I suppose. It is certainly worth that amount but what is the EFCC doing in a building that is bigger than Force Headquarters (Louis Edet House) and can probably rival the CBN HQ.

Hope you're not referring to the Twin Towers in Central Area? It's not that one.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by obailala(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2018
voiceoftheupcom:
EFCC to move into N24 Billion newly built head office
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/04/efcc-to-move-into-n24-billion-newly.html

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will move into its N24 billion headquarters next month, Eyes Of Lagos learnt at the weekend.

President Muhammadu Buhari is to inaugurate the building.

Acting Chairman Ibrahim Magu said yesterday: “I am excited that the headquarters is ready for use.

‘’The Federal Government has spent over N24 billion to build it. I will crosscheck to give you the exact figure.

“I thank Mr. President for according this project a priority. It is part of his commitment to the anti-graft war. This is a legacy project, which many generations will be proud of.

“No leader in Africa has provided such a conducive environment for an anti-corruption agency like President Buhari has done.

“We have also received support from ministers and MDAs on release of funds and necessary infrastructure.

“This commission is grateful to the National Assembly for its interest in the project. Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, chairmen and members of committees on Anti-corruption always visited the site to monitor the work.

‘’It shows that if we are determined, we can be on the same page on this war against corruption. It is not a personal thing.

Magu added: “We are hosting heads of anti-graft agencies in the Commonwealth (Africa chapter) in May and we are hopeful the headquarters will be ready for occupation because it is more than 95 per cent completed.

“We are expecting Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to inspect the facility any time from now.”

The project has passed through three administrations in EFCC.

The construction of the headquarters was initiated by a former EFCC Chairperson Mrs. Farida Waziri.

Following a memo presented by a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Yayale Ahmed, the Federal Executive Council (FEC), on November 24, 2010 approved N18 billion for the 10-Storey building.

Another former Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde tried to get the peogramme completed but it was unsuccessful due to poor timeline for release of funds.

Magu, however, succeeded in seeing the project through in the last two and a half years.
N24 billion? For one building?... Even the entire aso rock shouldnt cost that much.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by tonex360: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2018
will this country ever get better in this form of extraordinary waste, at the end they will start looking for countries to borrow money from. May God deliver this country.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by martineverest(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2018
toluxa1:

Absolute Not.
true......did the bloggers confirm the worth?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2018
voiceoftheupcom:
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/04/efcc-to-move-into-n24-billion-newly.html

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will move into its N24 billion headquarters next month, Eyes Of Lagos learnt at the weekend.

Acting Chairman Ibrahim Magu said yesterday: “I am excited that the headquarters is ready for use.

‘’The Federal Government has spent over N24 billion to build it. I will crosscheck to give you the exact figure.

“I thank Mr. President for according this project a priority. It is part of his commitment to the anti-graft war. This is a legacy project, which many generations will be proud of.

“No leader in Africa has provided such a conducive environment for an anti-corruption agency like President Buhari has done.

“We have also received support from ministers and MDAs on release of funds and necessary infrastructure.

“This commission is grateful to the National Assembly for its interest in the project. Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, chairmen and members of committees on Anti-corruption always visited the site to monitor the work.

‘’It shows that if we are determined, we can be on the same page on this war against corruption. It is not a personal thing.

Magu added: “We are hosting heads of anti-graft agencies in the Commonwealth (Africa chapter) in May and we are hopeful the headquarters will be ready for occupation because it is more than 95 per cent completed.

“We are expecting Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to inspect the facility any time from now.”

The construction of the headquarters was initiated by a former EFCC Chairperson Mrs. Farida Waziri.

Following a memo presented by a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Yayale Ahmed, the Federal Executive Council (FEC), on November 24, 2010 approved N18 billion for the 10-Storey building.

Another former Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde tried to get the peogramme completed but it was unsuccessful due to poor timeline for release of funds.

Magu, however, succeeded in seeing the project through in the last two and a half years.

Continue o! Continue! I can't imagine the Government spending that amount of money on a building. For what purpose, Please? I'm tired of everything.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Stanley1155: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2018
God please what were you thinking when you made me a Nigerian cos I don't understand this country. Please can the building move from one place to another or does it change colour.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by skydeexie(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2018
Give me 2.5billion naira, I will raise a better structure with more room to spare! Who are they deceiving?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Horus(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2018
Where is the picture of the newly built head office?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by GuntersChain(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2018
24 billion....una well done, what a waste of tax payers money and the common wealth of the people.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
MAD DOCTORS TREATING MAD PEOPLE.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by steveDpro: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
grin wink na joke ?
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Temysteve(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
So this thieves called themselves EFCC are relocating to a #24Billion office. Hmmmm! We'll keep defrauding ourselves till jesus come. Crazy set of people. Deluded brain buhari will never see that.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by wisdomkid: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
papoudaupolos:
The biggest corruption in this country is the cost of official spendings

Is used for Nepotism and fighting a battle of politicians against Politicians.
Wish the EFCC have the power above numerous political offices..

Nigeria may have a bright future. But no, they're fighting corruption, saving Billions, and built office worth 24 Billion

What do they have inside? Direct Connection to god?
Is there any satellite watching over Nigeria there?

Nigerians are suffering, companies are moving in their hundreds out of the country, and EFCC is building a house worth 24 Billion.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Kulikulitapa: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
I'm glad to be part and parcel of this project since 2011. It's a wonderful edifice with first class modern building infrastrucure and latest technology.
Big up to the main contractor JBN.

7a.m -6pm Monday to Saturday. Though the project was put on hold for almost 2yrs (2013-15) due to lack of fund. It is located behind Federal Staff Hospital, Jabi Airport Rd. Abuja and opposite NOUN.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Heybeedee(m): 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
voiceoftheupcom:

saraki reading this will be like.... "oloriburuku somebodi. �........But Magu sef get strong head o, bad man hail dogara 4get bukola
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Reference(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
toluxa1:

Hope you're not referring to the Twin Towers in Central Area? It's not that one.

Which Twin Towers are you talking about... the Trade Centre? That wasn't built by Julius Berger. I mean the one close to FMC. You can also see it from the Airport Road before the China Chamber of Commerce building and CCECC complex.
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by toluxa1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Reference:

Which Twin Towers are you talking about... the Trade Centre? That wasn't built by Julius Berger. I mean the one close to FMC. You can also see it from the Airport Road before the China Chamber of Commerce building and CCECC complex.

Yeah, exactly. I went there a few hours ago and took pictures. It's on front page already.
https://www.nairaland.com/4467712/pictures-new-24-billion-naira
Re: EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters by Reference(m): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
toluxa1:

Yeah, exactly. I went there a few hours ago and took pictures. It's on front page already.
https://www.nairaland.com/4467712/pictures-new-24-billion-naira

Seen it....nice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID / CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes / Rochas Okorocha Sings With Keke Napep Riders In Imo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.