Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? (3741 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Must A Successful Woman Be Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by kay4suree(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2006
Am not being brought up as a GIGOLO[color=#990000][/color],so therefore i cant marry a woman that is richer than me. grin
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by kay4suree(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2006
I don't want to be a puppet husband. I want to be a real man that am supposed to be.That man in me must not be compromise.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:11am On Jul 26, 2006
Ya i can marry Who EVER i Feel to.
Fu*K what all the critics say is right and wrong. ALWAYS DO YOU SIMPLE!!!
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by doctor(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2006
Yes I can. I can because if she really loves and not that I will become a slave for her and i am not also loving her for her money then let us proceed to te altar. I think she has a matured lady will not let people know that she is the one taking care of the family cos she will like to put everything in care of me.

But i don't pray to be poor anyway, presntly i still cater for my family but if it is what happened before now, i will go for her on the basis i said earlier.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by hibans(f): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2006
I can marry a man richer than me, but its not good for a woman to be richer than her husband. Women have one kind behavior like that, no matter how they control it one day which i know even if they don't tell the husband in the face, lol.

But for me, i know i'm a very nice chic that even if my guy have or not we can always cope, because [b][i]LOVE IS NO MONEY.[/[/i]b] Like some people said, love, and understand matters alot.

In ladies case, once you have money if you don't take time, you wont know who truly loves you. Some would come because of the money.

But nawodays, i don't think guys like going for the poor grin, its always the rich. so, ladies that have enough money should always be careful.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by option4301(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2006
I raelly don't believe that my wife should take up to 99% of marriage expenses.
Ego just won't allow me.i will work harder to make more money than my wife being the man.Honestly a friend is in dat shit now.He is regreting everything,divorce is on his lips 24/7.Guys work hard,very FEW women will understand that you don't have.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by areoo: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2006
I think there is nothing wrong with marrying a woman that is more successful than you. I look at it as a challenge,it will make me strife harder.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by areoo: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2006
I think there is nothing wrong with marrying a woman that is more successful than you. I look at it as a challenge,it will make me strife harder.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by bobotee(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2006
There is a basic problem nowadays; women or ladies as they are preferred to be called are easily influenced by friends who want them to have problems for reasons best known to God. She may have good intentions despite the fact that she is rich. But situations around will warrant that she misbehaves one day.
It is not a misnormer but is the woman ready to respect her husband. I known an elderly woman who built a four bedroom flat apartment but her husband has the final say on all her dealings with her tenants. Can we have a thousand of such women in our society?
I got to know that the building was not for the man after his demise.
There is nothing wrong in marrying such a woman what is her motive for saying I DO
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by ike4real: 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2006
yea,y not.i can marry a more successful woman,it does not matter,the sinei-qua-non thing in this whole issue is to have an understanding woman,who will be submissive,to the husband.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by Bisanke(f): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2006
I think every man shud b happy if his wife is successful. Because the wife wont be depending on the guy for nothing and she's got a career. But i know most guys dont allow there wives to be like actresses,models things like that i think thats what they really get pissed for.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by needeeg(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2006
hmmmm Bisanke i guess u into this system.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by opeemi1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2006
This topic is quite interesting, as I always say life is a circle, here are my views;

If you notice women, ladies that are very successful or rich now, most of them either suffer from not getting married or got the disease called DIVORCES (hope you notice the s after  grin), why?, it is because men are not that into been recognized that there wife are richer or more successful than they are e.g Halle berry, Jennifer Lopez and most of this movie and music females, here it is abnormal or untraditional as you might put it shocked.

Anybody, everybody will find it unusually, u can't expect a man to pray that his wife should be richer than him except he don't have brains  grin, everyone wants to be rich and successful, am not saying it ain't right, men think of some other things like if shes so busy being successful how will she be able to look after the kids and things like that. It all part of it, and there are some cases where men might have a financial breakdown and what next they look up to the wives for some you know  wink, to try to bring himself back up. So you see.

My advice to the guys is, if are to ever get married at all, you must be ready to take responsibilities and learn to be independent, learn to be hardworking so as to put a smile on your families face.

My advice to the girls is if God's willing you are more successful than your husbands don't let it take your responsibilities away from you, love your husband, cherish him with all your heart and know for a fact that you are a family even through bad or good times.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by iice(f): 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
Most men here are on the path of greatness and sucess/riches. Who go remain behind? Wow i would love a world where all of us are damn bloody rich and successful eh wink
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by Oracle(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2006
this is some topic, well many guys don't like getting married to women that are more successful than they are, coz we know what happens at the end of the day.
However, the fundamental or root of every romantic relationship or marriage is [b]LOVE.[/b]so i don't think that is a problem but itz still dangerous
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by BABAnLA(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2006
A marriage 'partnership' should not be competitive but complementary, you should strive to align yourselves for optimal success, as a unit not for individual egotistical motives.
All this "I will stive to do better than her, " is nonsense.
If two companies merge to become one would it make any good business sense for the companies to keep competiting for business?
Na wetin dey kill as be that, we are always trying to 'out=show' one another.
Abeg, if my future Mrs dey better skilled than me, and they wan make am CEO of Microsoft or whatever then hey, I'm happy with that!
The most important thing is that whatever decisions WE make makes the most sense for our family unit (for example: me, taking on more of the business of the home ie picking kids from school, or me relocating with her, or even quitting my own job, etc)
Supporting one another is key, not competing to see who can do more,
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by iice(f): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
Correct jare!
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by donjazzie(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2006
he above statement is made in an ideal situation. In any case, as my grandmother would say( GOd rest her sould) what you wont take as a rich man, you reject it right from when you're still poor. The success or otherwise of the marraige is made long before the wedding.If you don't take time to study and understand who you are getting married to, then you will hastily retreat from the wedding.
true.
it's takes a woman that's God fearing not to go haywire being the one footing your bills from day 1 of ur marriage till weneva , not to get bossy. i know of a lady who was richer than her hubby and they got wedded for just 6months now she's tellin the guy she want's a divorce, Guys if u goin to get married to a richer lady make u sure u do ur best to step up after ur weddin if not u go wound oh,
how abt this topic" how do ladies feel gettin married to a man less succesful @ thier staus"
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by IAH(f): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2006
don jazzie:

how about this topic" how do ladies feel gettin married to a man less succesful @ their status"

Feel free to start the topic and we'll surely reply. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by memyself2(f): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2006
lmao, why dont i believe the guys who say that having their wives earn more than they do wont bother them?, it cant be bcuz i dont believe them can it? i mean its no real big deal, i can just see someone like Oprah marrying one of her make up artists guyz! hmmm, really convenient dont you think? plz guyz dont make me laugh! i mean plz!!! and then maybe if you guyz go for a dinner party of one of ur not so mutual friends(i mean she has two cars and u r still takin Okada) then whats gonna happen, you are surrounded by glamour and glitz of the cream de la cream of the society, she fits right in, while you are there totally resenting her for being so much at home while you feel like an outsider, ofcourse you wont mind, yeah right!

abeg make una face reality, we girls are always shouting of our insecurities but do you know guyz have much much much more fragile egos than we do.women, we have more strength than we really think.

i doubt if any guy that marries a more succesful woman than would be able to make that marriage last, even if he loves the woman more than he loves his life, his pride will always come in between them.

then, i dont think i can marry a guy who isnt making enuff to support the family, i was brought up with the image of a guy being the head of the family, so he's gotta have something going. i mean, he might not be the only one supportin the family, i'll definitely put in my 2cents but he's gotta have something SOLID goin for him.

Seun, wow!!! ur post knocked me off my feet, it was so totally unexpected and i respect that in a guy. i hope u put those words into action when you finally get married.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by aomekeh(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2006
People, its quite funny 4 a guy to attend his wedding in his bride's car,his bride paying the bills 4 everything,and even his best man's suit. That is so not it!  i wonder how many ladies will like that.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by memyself2(f): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2006
lol, i know, i mean i'm just tryin to imagine that, marryin a guy and payin all the bills in the house, i'm sorry, it just too hard to imagine. not cuz of money but, there's just sumfin about it. its like tryin to imagine gettin married to a christain.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by zebudaya(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2006
I would not hesitate to marry a woman more successful than me as long as she is humble. Humility is key! Money can't buy a happy family life
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by Eurphoria(f): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2006
To ANY MAN ASKING THIS QUESTION, answer is GETOVERRRIT
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by iice(f): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
LOL
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by losky(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2006
i can marry a woman richer than me,as far as she submits to me
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by iice(f): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
Submits? like a slave? angry
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by soulpatrol(f): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2006
i wonder o!
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by Nosu(m): 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2006
@seun- submissive doesn't necessary mean u are dominating her. she certainly sholud hv a mind of ur own, to make the home more beautiful and lively.she obeys u when u are making sense and politely reject ur decision when u are not with cogent reason to prove u wrong. if not there will be disorder in that home when l woman is not submissive. Seun at the end of the day, u will not hv a lively home but a likely home because u will hv something that look like a home but later found out that it is a garage.
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by ify2love2(f): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2006
Marrying a lady who is successful than you, an interesting topic.

Do you know that a woman who is richer than a husband has no say?

Do you know that anything the woman does, whether right or wrong the man will always feel it is because she is more successful?

Sometimes she finds it difficulty to express herself without fear.

Being a richer woman in marriage than the man is not easy.

So let the men don't feel / think that they are doing us a favour. cry
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by lordhugo(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2006
in jesus name . i must marry woman wen get money,i mean am die, nothing dey happen cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Marry A More Successful Woman? by Seun(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2006
Actually, I cannot marry a woman who's more successful than me. If we are equally successful, or if we have strenghts in different areas (for example, maybe she's a doctor or corporate executive while I'm an equally successful businessman) it may be possible. But if she's clearly more successful than me, I don't really think l can do it.

My problem is not that I want to dominate or control my wife, but that I don't want her to control me. cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Beat Your Wife If She Beats Your Mother Mercilessly? / Staring At Women’s Breasts Make Men Live Longer, Healthier – Study / I Received This Message From My Mom And Felt Like Crying..i Love My Mom(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.