Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China (80736 Views)

How Do I Treat This Stubborn Malaria And Typhoid I Have Had For Over 4 Months? / Frying Pan Handle Got Stuck 4 Inches Into Man's Eye In Germany(Graphics) / Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Emerikoss: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mosquito ke, this one na dragongrin
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by WonderManly(m): 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Plenty for my side here in Ogun State, Nigeria.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by WonderManly(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A giant mosquito with a wing span of more than four inches and ten times longer than an average mosquito has been found in China.

The super-sized mosquito belongs to the Holorusa mikado species, the largest mosquito family in the world.
With a five cm long body and a wing span of 11.15cm, the mosquito is ten times longer than an average mosquito.

The insect is also a third longer than the average holorusia mikado species.

Sun News UK reports that Zhao Li, curator of the Insect Museum of West China discovered the giant mosquito last August in Qincheng Mountain, within the Sichuan province.

But he wanted to take his time and confirm that it really was the largest mosquito in the world before revealing the staggering discovery.

He told South China Morning Post:

“These mosquitoes look horrendous, but do not feed on blood.

“The adults have a life span of only a few days and mainly feed on nectar.

“There are tens of thousands of types of mosquitoes in the world.

“Barely 100 species feed on blood and may be a problem for humans.”

The mosquito is set to go on display at the museum in China next month.

https://lailasnews.com/photos-giant-mosquito-with-wing-of-over-4-inches-found-in-china/

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Horus(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
elyte89:
Every abnormalities is first discovered in CHINA cool

I hope that this type of abnormalities stay in CHINA and do not decide to migrate to Africa
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Robbin7(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
mikaael:

Lazy youth spotted...read, u will not read
This is for you, drink it and chill.

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
If Nigerians catch this one, they will use it for Peppersoup though

1 Like

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Onechancearmy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
prosper21:
Dis one fit suck one full family blood in one night

These mosquitoes look horrendous, but do not feed on blood.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by towyeenbell2: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2018
We have the exact size here too in Nigeria.
I have seen this size myself in many time

1 Like

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by austinfan4love(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
timwudz:
I weak
Na wah ooo,,,did one will tear ur cloth
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Taiwo20(m): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
mosquito awon maami
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by johnson232: 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2018
yeyerolling:
what exactly did god create mosquitoes for. deadly killers. the last time i had malaria i was dreaming i be oil bunkerer. na my pillow for dream i dey use do barrell of oil
Lolzz...Funny guy
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Fahrenhite(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
Make i go start to dey prepare coz he be like say time time don reach for China scientists to start spreading their zikachen virus to reduce world population.

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by ensamy(m): 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
This plenty for naija bushes, see them on tree trunks especially when it rains cool shocked
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2018
Wait o, This Mosquito is fully aware of all the paparazzi, see as e just straight himself
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by seunadeolu(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
MADE IN CHINA..... NA FAKE grin grin
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by abdullkabar(m): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
this guys are in Nigeria na,they vibrate where they land
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by otabaotaba: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
This one na toskimo
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Orpe7(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mosquito out of hell
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Orpe7(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
This one na Kaiju Mosquito o
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
Die by fire... Tho me no fear cos the mosquito is made in China
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Seun360(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
Found in China? Never mind, its a fake mosquito.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by omoadeleye(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
d33types:
Why don't you read?

mosquito always suck, so no need to read again
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by balarabe01(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
some people will start claiming its EVOLUTION now.well me i cant say what it is.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
rifasenate11:
they will soon Export it to Nigeria
This thing dey delta plenty especially the riverine areas.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Zinny25(f): 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
End time mosquito... I hope it doesn't reproduce its kind or fly here to Nigeria. It should please remain there with them, they can as well add it to their cockroach diet
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
Omo if this one suck you ehn you must cum
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by d33types: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
omoadeleye:

mosquito always suck, so no need to read again
grin grin grin grin grin grin
This one doesn't suck anything the elephant has.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by gaby(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
I've killed something like this here in Nigeria.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by emijo(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
This one dey learn work compare to the one wey dey for forest in my village ooo.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by showafrica(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Fake mosquitoe
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by babapressy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Thank God they feed on plant nectar
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Platony(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
Smaller ones are rampant here in Bayelsa,...2 me its notin new. undecidedSmaller ones are rampant here in Bayelsa,...2 me its notin new.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Masturbation Ever Make A Man Infertile Or Have Low Sperm Count? / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus / 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.