Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China (80741 Views)

How Do I Treat This Stubborn Malaria And Typhoid I Have Had For Over 4 Months? / Frying Pan Handle Got Stuck 4 Inches Into Man's Eye In Germany(Graphics) / Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Platony(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
towyeenbell2:
We have the exact size here too in Nigeria.
I have seen this size myself in many time
if u've stayed in bayelsa 4 long, u'll knw dis is notin new.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by chigoizie7(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
I have seen this b4 nah
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hope this is no cross breed
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Papachioma: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
Four of dis one fit carry person fly go..
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by sapeleboi(m): 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
this one will draw out all the blood in my body ,just like a pure water pack
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Alva2018: 12:30am On Apr 26, 2018
hmmm
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Joshuamilarge(m): 12:46am On Apr 26, 2018
I have seen it here in Nigeria countless time in farm na. amazingly, this spp. do not suck blood, rather feed on plant.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 26, 2018
VanBommel:
I don see am for inside this naijeriya well well

Me too. I just thought it was another kind of flying insect

1 Like

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by contigiency(m): 5:25am On Apr 26, 2018
This type is in virtually every village pond in Nigeria including my own village. It's not a new discovery. Besides they don't bite human beings. They always petch around the river bank feeding mainly on mucus and other micro organisms.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by emperorblog(m): 5:25am On Apr 26, 2018
READ COOL INTERESTING STORY HERE
HOLE IN THE WALL www.emperorblog.com.ng/hole-in-the-wall-part-1/
THE HANDSOME DEVIL I KNOW www.emperorblog.com.ng/the-handsome-devil-i-know/
and lot more
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Obas101(m): 6:30am On Apr 26, 2018
I've seen a mosquito bigger than this before in bomadi town of delta state.. the place I did my youth service in 2015.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by maisauki: 8:03am On Apr 26, 2018
VanBommel:
I don see am for inside this naijeriya well well
Kano and Lagos come to mind

1 Like

Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by emakind(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2018
so finally edo airways has landed in chinko..
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Bryan88(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A giant mosquito with a wing span of more than four inches and ten times longer than an average mosquito has been found in China.

The super-sized mosquito belongs to the Holorusa mikado species, the largest mosquito family in the world.
With a five cm long body and a wing span of 11.15cm, the mosquito is ten times longer than an average mosquito.

The insect is also a third longer than the average holorusia mikado species.

Sun News UK reports that Zhao Li, curator of the Insect Museum of West China discovered the giant mosquito last August in Qincheng Mountain, within the Sichuan province.

But he wanted to take his time and confirm that it really was the largest mosquito in the world before revealing the staggering discovery.

He told South China Morning Post:

“These mosquitoes look horrendous, but do not feed on blood.

“The adults have a life span of only a few days and mainly feed on nectar.

“There are tens of thousands of types of mosquitoes in the world.

“Barely 100 species feed on blood and may be a problem for humans.”

The mosquito is set to go on display at the museum in China next month.

https://lailasnews.com/photos-giant-mosquito-with-wing-of-over-4-inches-found-in-china/

nawa o
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Psoul(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2018
dazzlingd:
I've seen mosquitos almost as big as this here in Nigeria

What u saw was dragon-fly and not mosquito.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by thirdeye(m): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2018
This mosquitoe dey our forest plenty.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Haliraph(m): 10:46am On Apr 26, 2018
Abeggie! Na this one una call giant mosquito.
Just waka pass AJ 4 nite, u go see the real giant mosquito ni.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by chidiogojessy(f): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2018
Robbin7:
Na Ghana man hand white so?
na China dem write no be Ghana
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by dazzlingd(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2018
Psoul:

What u saw was dragon-fly and not mosquito.

You must be on weed..are u saying I dont know the difference between Dragon fly and mosquito...

don't let the god of thunder strike your balls
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Robbin7(m): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2018
chidiogojessy:

na China dem write no be Ghana

I must have missed that, staring at your DP.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Psoul(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
dazzlingd:

You must be on weed..are u saying I dont know the difference between Dragon fly and mosquito...

don't let the god of thunder strike your balls

Abeg go and sit down. You don't know what u saw. Show me the picture of what u saw or hide ur face.
U saw it and u did not post it online. U want to shine on anoda person's discovery.
Respect urself dia oo. I don't want to get angry oo.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Okpueze1(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Is this new? Saw lots of them back in the days. Usually seen in cold forests and around big tree trunks. They usually don't bite humans. They should come to Nigeria and see types of these giant mosquitoes.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by NwaGodl1000(m): 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
A lot of that specie still breeds here in naija
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by chidiogojessy(f): 11:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
Robbin7:

I must have missed that, staring at your DP.
lol don't get lost sha
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Robbin7(m): 7:10am On Apr 27, 2018
chidiogojessy:

lol
don't get lost sha
Nah I won’t! Buh knowing you won’t be a bad idea, will it?
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by mikaael(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Robbin7:
This is for you, drink it and chill.
Thanks.....won't mind sharing wit u
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by mikaael(m): 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
Robbin7:
This is for you, drink it and chill.
Thanks.....won't mind sharing wit u
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
@imnotconfused Well, i have decided to keep on with my life, until i pass it
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by imnotconfused: 12:34am On Apr 29, 2018
Geetrix:
@imnotconfused Well, i have decided to keep on with my life, until i pass it

The topic of this thread grin grin
What did you apply for? GP alone or other specialties?
Did they have a particular pass score for the SJT?
Did you reach the interview stage ?That's another kettle of fish altogether.
Sorry i'm asking so many questions.
You can start reading the oxford handbook of clinical medicine,most of the answers are inside there i believe,then mix with online practice questions.
You still have a bit of time before the next one comes along and by then you may even choose another specialty.
I'll also say you have to start beefing up your portfolio in preparation for the next one,do audits,it will strengthen your application,you know you will need to fill that alternative competence of certification thing.
Re: Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China by jbblues24(m): 5:27am On May 31, 2019
This texture has navigated right into my heart. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Masturbation Ever Make A Man Infertile Or Have Low Sperm Count? / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus / 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.