Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999316 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
It's randomly asked. You don't want to be in a position where you are among the few asked and you are unable to provide proof of the funds you stated you will be immigrating with. A family I know was asked to show proof of the balance of their POF even after they showed the border control officer about 10k cash. The overzealous guy no gree.
joo2018:
All the landing experiences and QnAs, I've read on the sister thread "Living in Canada" so far (page 1-173) suggests it is not checked at landing. See one I just read: https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/172#63666490

The cash you carry with you and the value of goods you are carrying seems to be more important. However, some people stated that they took printed statements of accounts along just in case.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by joo2018: 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Best to be prepared then.
Newmum0615:
It's randomly asked. You don't want to be in a position where you are among the few asked and you are unable to provide proof of the funds you stated you will be immigrating with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2018
I'm quite emphatic towards you. Its a sad experience. I agree with the person that advised on the police report.
I would also suggest you take your time and breath, you can still have this PR without an agent.
Read and digest page 1, every info you need it there. You will need to write IELTS and TEF as well as have your credentials evaluated.
Kindly refer back if you need further clarifications.

Emmyqueen:
thanks for your comment. I'm 28, I have bachelor's degree in French studies. I'm not married yet but i have a child for him and we live together. My husband is 34, he has hnd in mass communication. He has his own business. What pathway are you talking about, pls can you explain more?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sometimes they ask for it and could sometimes go further to request to see your statement of account. All depends on the officer.

joo2018:
All the landing experiences and QnAs, I've read on the sister thread "Living in Canada" so far (page 1-173) suggests it is not checked at landing. See one I just read: https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/172#63666490

The cash you carry with you and the value of goods you are carrying seems to be more important. However, some people stated that they took printed statements of accounts along just in case.

Ifywhyteman:
Please I want to find out something. When does one make use of the funds fixed after PPR has been received. Do the Canadian govt need to see the complete fund in your account when you touch down Canada or do you liquidate the fund while in Nigeria, and use it for flight, apartment rental and other stuffs. Please any body with a good idea.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ChandlerBing: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
MummyO24:
Please can anyone help to review my essays for IELTS. Please if you passed writing, kindly help a sister. Thank you.

PM me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosbiod(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
nat138:

Ah I no be bro o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

haaa... sorry Madam!!! grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PPR18: 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pls help me with Unilag contact for transcript abeg. Please ejoor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 30, 2018
ans123:
I don't think their score would be up to that using Common
Law partner . Except they are married.
I'm afraid! you're right. I might have confused this user. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm gonna mention her.
cc ottawasenators
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 30, 2018
Shyee:

This is the CRS link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Meanwhile, I simulated your credentials with the info you provided and IELTS score in LSWR of 8777 for yourself and 6.5 all through for your common-law partner you had 449, which is a good one.
My recommendation is: Read the first 2 pages of this thread, follow the various links you find there for more information, AND start putting stuff together. Your story may change within 6 months if you're well equipped with good information.

cc Emmyqueen.
My simulation above is erroneous and confusing, my attention was just called to it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. OMG cry
Kindly use the CRS link to try different possibilities.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Olalekank(m): 12:42am On Jul 30, 2018
maternal:

Nobody knows because a new administration can change it anytime. But I'd say not anytime soon. The country needs a lot of immigration right now.
When you a lot, do you mean a lot. Valid till December 2020?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Olalekank:

When you a lot, do you mean a lot. Valid till December 2020?
Nobody knows!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Swtibogirl88: 5:25am On Jul 30, 2018
Please can someone help me with the contact of the person that does verification in uniben. Please help.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 6:04am On Jul 30, 2018
Emmyqueen:
I'm new here...Thanks for this thread so far. My situation right now is that, my agent and i had a discussion on Canadian permanent residence for my husband, daughter and i, he said he would do it for 3.5 and we started the process, after a year and half i got a call from him for biometrics, we went to Lagos for biometrics, but when the visa came out, it was mine that got approved and guess what I got? Visitor's visa. The issue now is that my husband and daughter weren't given. He promised to do it and ask my husband to come for another biometrics but He's requesting for 3.5 million for visitor's visa. I'm think in of going to canada first and if there's a way I can legally stay in the country and bring my husband and daughter legally. OR should I wait for him to do my hubby's own, then go together and claim asylum? Pls I really need a useful advice right now, I'm seriously in a dilemma
Ist step to redemption is to find out every document that agent submitted for you. This will help you know the profile he has given you(am hoping it isn't a false one) so you can know where to start your Express entry from.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 6:09am On Jul 30, 2018
Oga Madam don't start this your argument again. Did the poster ask about using borrowed funds here? Please accept corrections and move on. We can't waste precious thread space starting another back and forth on this matter.
advocatetruth:

I wonder how this is suppose to be different from the questions I asked earlier on, when some certain people came out talking about sensitive post, fraud, and reporting a said post. Ishh

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2018
As some of us tried to save you and got insulted you want to start again. For your infornation, your question and the one you are referring to are different. Do as you wish with your POF. You can update us here as you go along. Just let this POF matter rest.
advocatetruth:

I wonder how this is suppose to be different from the questions I asked earlier on, when some certain people came out talking about sensitive post, fraud, and reporting a said po1st. Ishh

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Osaze007: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2018
Should we not have a new part already ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by oikotas44: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2018
Please Can U assist me in the Clarification about PoF. How is it carried out? Thanks in anticipation

Newmum0615:
Oga Madam don't start this your argument again. Did the poster ask about using borrowed funds here? Please accept corrections and move on. We can't waste precious thread space starting another back and forth on this matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2018
Osaze go and collect your COPR and stay on your lane biko. Is that the next thing you want to worry about? angry
Osaze007:
Should we not have a new part already ?

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by iaatmguy(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2018
doppler06:

ACCA has 3 diplomas:
Diploma in accounting and business - Gotten after completion of F3
Advanced diploma in accounting and business - Gotten after completion of F9 + ethics
Strategic professional certificate - After passing the P levels
does that mean she would fill three diplomas?
please someone should answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
Osaze go and collect your COPR and stay on your lane biko. Is that the next thing you want to worry about? angry
Bwahahshaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 7:55am On Jul 30, 2018
Have you visited page 1 of this thread and the IRCC site? I think you need to pay these pages a visit. They both hold a lot of information.
A simple Google search can actually turn up this site for you. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
oikotas44:
Please Can U assist me in the Clarification about PoF. How is it carried out? Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2018
This is our week of breakthrough...

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
Bwahahshaha, again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2018
You do realise this is Monday morning. No start today abeg
advocatetruth:

I wonder how this is suppose to be different from the questions I asked earlier on, when some certain people came out talking about sensitive post, fraud, and reporting a said post. Ishh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by iaatmguy(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2018
anitank:
Good day people

Please I have a question. My transcript was sent to WES which they acknowledged receipt. However they sent an email saying they sent photocopies of my credentials back to my school in Nigeria for verification and my status will be on hold till they get a response. This was since May. It’s been two months since then and my status is still on hold as I haven’t heard anything and my status is still “on hold”

Did anyone experience this and how did you tackle it? Please urgent response
get a contact in your school to reply the mail. else it might take long.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2018
Are you joking! Why is this field run by fraudulent people? "Agents"!

Emmyqueen:
I'm new here...Thanks for this thread so far. My situation right now is that, my agent and i had a discussion on Canadian permanent residence for my husband, daughter and i, he said he would do it for 3.5 and we started the process, after a year and half i got a call from him for biometrics, we went to Lagos for biometrics, but when the visa came out, it was mine that got approved and guess what I got? Visitor's visa. The issue now is that my husband and daughter weren't given. He promised to do it and ask my husband to come for another biometrics but He's requesting for 3.5 million for visitor's visa. I'm think in of going to canada first and if there's a way I can legally stay in the country and bring my husband and daughter legally. OR should I wait for him to do my hubby's own, then go together and claim asylum? Pls I really need a useful advice right now, I'm seriously in a dilemma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2018
On point!

vascey:

First of all, gather all the details and evidence of the transaction and make a police report against this agent because he has duped you.
The purpose is not to pursue the case but to have evidence to submit to CIC.
You are better off starting the process afresh on your own. The problem is that this guy may have submitted false info on your behalf and any application you submit now may introduce contradictory information. This is where the police report comes in.
In addition, I will advise when you apply with your correct details, you should write a detailed LOE (Letter of Explanation) and attach all the evidence of you have. That may just be the only way for you to get out of this.
You are actually caught between full disclosure in your application or just applying afresh and providing the information when they ask. I would go with full disclosure.
Forget Asylum. You will regret it.

Bon Courage

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:48am On Jul 30, 2018
On point

vascey:

First of all, gather all the details and evidence of the transaction and make a police report against this agent because he has duped you.
The purpose is not to pursue the case but to have evidence to submit to CIC.
You are better off starting the process afresh on your own. The problem is that this guy may have submitted false info on your behalf and any application you submit now may introduce contradictory information. This is where the police report comes in.
In addition, I will advise when you apply with your correct details, you should write a detailed LOE (Letter of Explanation) and attach all the evidence of you have. That may just be the only way for you to get out of this.
You are actually caught between full disclosure in your application or just applying afresh and providing the information when they ask. I would go with full disclosure.
Forget Asylum. You will regret it.

Bon Courage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2018
Osaze sha....... grin grin grin grin
Newmum0615:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2018
Page 1 is calling you. Answer the call fast.
oikotas44:

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.