Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (155538 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Ellabae(f): 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Good of him. Oba gha to kpere.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by debolayinka(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2018
The topic should rather be, "Two demonic deities meet"

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2018
The ooni of ife married an edo prostitute. She gave him gonorrhea ...omo oba came to apologize

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Awoofawo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
angry
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
ibotic:
Omo N’Oba finally visits his ancestral home as per his final conoration rights of passage... cool
It is a shame that Edos deny their kings origin....
But this finally puts an end to the debate....

After how many years? Hide your face in shame bruh. Perhaps d Sultan palace and aso rock is also an ancestral home?

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Wealthandjobs: 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
The heads of past Oba of Benin buried in Ile-Ife says it all. Don't argue at your own disadvantage.
Give it to those wise ancestors of the Yoruba who insisted that their son's descendants heads be buried in Ile-Ife,they knew that someday some smart Alec will attempt to twist the truth.
Have you ever heard of an Ooni visit the Oba of Benin? The respected Oba of Benin is even behind the Alaafin of Oyo in ranking.
Long live Yoruba land. Long live Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
watch as yoots begins to throw tantrums and ethnic darts at each other.. but these people doesn't send whoever is supporting or criticising them..naija sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by LaExpert: 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
dafeyankee:

Father paying his son a visit.
Not exactly.
It should be son paying his father a visit.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by odigbosky(m): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
To all those Ignorant people here who have come here to show their high level of ignorance well let me educate you all.

1. The Oba leaves his palace, His grandfather Oba Akenzuwa visited England. His own father Oba Erediauwa did a nationwide coronation thank you visit where he visited many palaces across Nigeria. This present Oba is doing just same. He has Visited Buhari, the Sultan and now he has visited the Ooni as i earlier predicted. His next visit would be to Onitsha and i expect some dundies to run here and run their mouth when that happens.

2. All coronation rights have ended and he isn't going to do any in Ife, please can you yorubas just focus on how to keep the emir of yorubaland from running his mouth and leave my King alone. At least the Ooni sharea the same state with the Emir of yorubaland.

3. We the Edo people want to use this medium to repeat ourselves, neither did we or our monarch come from Ife, we might have shared many historical ties which is what empires do as there is barely any tribe in southern Nigeria that doesn't have Benin in its folklore.

4. Oba gha to kpere......ise

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by nelronaldo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
ArmedRobber:
no it is the other way round.
Oba of Benin title name is omo oba a Yoruba word for "son of a king" .he has come home to his ancestral land for his final coronation rites
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Shar
Please it isn't omo oba.. it is omo n'oba (omo nor oba) which simply means a child who is born king because the throne is hereditary. Bini's next two kings are already born, even though the people haven't got to see them.
That said people will continue to argue about this yoruba and Bini kingdom history. It isn't just worth all the stress.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by asawanathegreat(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
Who should bow for who here

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
Afam4eva:
The things that happen with these new era kings. I thought they said the Oba of Benin does not leave his palace.

Afam, the grandfather of this Oba visited UK and other places as an Oba. Father of this Oba visited all states of Nigeria in early 1980s as a thank you visit to all the monarchs who came to his coronation.

Oba used to lead troops to war in ancient times. There are drawings of Oba on horseback taking a ride around Benin complete with dwarfs, leopards, courtiers, drummers, flutists, etc. Drawings by visiting Europeans centuries ago.

What people misconstrue as Oba does not leave Palace is that he's not seen often unless the occasion is important. Certainly not visiting people's homes or birthday parties as a matter of routine.

For example periodically The Central Mosque in Benin invites the Oba to their service. To commemorate when post 1853 an Oba of Benin gave land to the son of Eleko Kosoko, Prince Olojo, after Kosoko was deposed as Oba of Lagos. A son of Kosoko went to Benin, his ancestor being from there.

He built the first Mosque in Benin on that land, on Lagos Street, Benin.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by anibirelawal(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
Shalomc:
He visits his father's household at last.

For real?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
From comments I've read so far, Most Nigeria youths are intellectual lazy, schooling you guys on this subject matter would be futile exercise.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Melchizzedek: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
nelronaldo:

Please it isn't omo oba.. it is omo n'oba (omo nor oba) which simply means a child who is born king because the throne is hereditary. Bini's next two kings are already born, even though the people haven't got to see them.
That said people will continue to argue about this yoruba and Bini kingdom history. It isn't just worth all the stress.
Then OMO oba and OMO nor oba mean this same thing by ur interpretation

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Firgemachar: 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
Yoruba is supreme anytime anyday

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by einsteino(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
odigbosky:
To all those Ignorant people here who have come here to show their high level of ignorance well let me educate you all.

1. The Oba leaves his palace, His grandfather Oba Akenzuwa visited England. His own father Oba Erediauwa did a nationwide coronation thank you visit where he visited many palaces across Nigeria. This present Oba is doing just same. He has Visited Buhari, the Sultan and now he has visited the Ooni as i earlier predicted. His next visit would be to Onitsha and i expect some dundies to run here and run their mouth when that happens.

2. All coronation rights have ended and he isn't going to do any in Ife, please can you yorubas just focus on how to keep the emir of yorubaland from running his mouth and leave my King alone. At least the Ooni sharea the same state with the Emir of yorubaland.

3. We the Edo people want to use this medium to repeat ourselves, neither did we or our monarch come from Ife, we might have shared many historical ties which is what empires do as there is barely any tribe in southern Nigeria that doesn't have Benin in its folklore.

4. Oba gha to kpere......ise

I thought i was the only one astonished at the ignorance people were exhibiting in their comments. Thanks for baring it all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by lee818(f): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
Firgemachar:
Yoruba is supreme anytime anyday

Another infantile comment!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Firgemachar: 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
lee818:

Another infantile comment!!!

Prove it!
Just say you are pained.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by nelronaldo(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
Melchizzedek:
Then OMO oba and OMO nor oba mean this same thing by ur interpretation
If you say so. Anyone can be the son of a king but anyone can't be king by birth

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by lee818(f): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
Firgemachar:

Prove it!
Just say you are pained.

Oh here we go again!! please spare me your childish sentiments!! all I see is a comment that a kindergarten will write!!! Not in the mood to bring myself down to some low IQ youth!!!

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by lonelydora: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
Afam4eva:
The things that happen with these new era kings. I thought they said the Oba of Benin does not leave his palace.

My thought too
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
Finally paying homage, All hail the two king.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by odigbosky(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
einsteino:

I thought i was the only one astonished at how ignorance people were exhibiting in their comments. Thanks for baring it all

As in dia matter tire me...especially those folks who always want to claim superiority. they look for every means to justify their lies.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Anaskie(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
Movic1:
Where are those Easterners who said the Oba of Benin does not leave his palace and can never visit Oni of Ife? Your attention is needed here. Oniorisa is Oba Awon Oba. Kill yourself if you're not satisfied with it.

The topic clearly says 'Oba of Benin visits Ooni of Ife'

Why are you dragging Easterners to this? How does this in any way affect Easterners?

What really is your problem?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Firgemachar: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
lee818:

[s]Oh here we go again!! please spare me your childish sentiments!! all I see is a comment that a kindergarten will write!!! Not in the mood to bring myself down to some low IQ youth!!![/s]

Poor! embarassed
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ritababe(f): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Wealthandjobs:
The heads of past Oba of Benin buried in Ile-Ife says it all. Don't argue at your own disadvantage.
Give it to those wise ancestors of the Yoruba who insisted that their son's descendants heads be buried in Ile-Ife,they knew that someday some smart Alec will attempt to twist the truth.
Have you ever heard of an Ooni visit the Oba of Benin? The respected Oba of Benin is even behind the Alaafin of Oyo in ranking.
Long live Yoruba land. Long live Nigeria.

the Ooni has visited the oba of Benin twice

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by lee818(f): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Firgemachar:

Poor! embarassed

Again you just proved my point!!! walk on citizen!! you have been shot down like a B52 bomber!!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ihimiray(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This yeye Oba travels more than a runs girl.

Ozuo King.
guy must u comment on every post trying to be relevant.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply)

Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! / 55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.