Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (156675 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by lapo(m): 6:42am On Apr 29, 2018
We are one people. That's the most important thing.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 29, 2018
I would like to know which imaginary precolonial monk wrote down imaginary oduduwa's genealogy thanks to which you guys can chose from oduduwa's descendents. I have the feeling I am talking to 3 year olds here.
Moneywomen17:
sounding more foolish as u comment before there was governor created by the coming of the British we still choose the king the same way not necessarily by direct relation of the late king but a descendant of oduduwa
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2018
usibengate:

My brother just ask any Yoruba person a simple question, where he or she comes from he will tell you from the Sky. U can tell of a race or a nation that knows nothing about his origin, but telling you about others, their Aborigine.

A simple question for the Yoruba, go asked His Majesty Ooni of Ife where his forefather Oduduwa which is also called Ekelederan is from?
‘ Ekelederan' has no meaning in Yoruba language and does not exist amidst the descendants of Ooni Odua, starting from Ila Orangun, Ajaka(second Alaafin) Oniketu, Popo, Owu, Alaakè, Obokun etc but Edo claiming otherwise . How does a meaningless name in Yoruba be their king's name? The most senior male descendant of Odua was and is Ila Orangun and does associate with Bini on this falsification. And if you are looking for Ekelederan, the place where he was buried is at Ughotan. This is the rightful place to visit. Have you forgotten, we gave you (Edos) knowledge of Fabric production? In fact, Aso Oke , is your ancient traditional attire in which the Oba Bini patrilineal ancestor and his followers brought from ILE IFE to Edo.....

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
I would like to know which imaginary precolonial monk wrote down imaginary oduduwa's genealogy thanks to which you guys can chose from oduduwa's descendents. I have the feeling I am talking to 3 years olds here.
lol I know u are a dumbass but I will indulge u see this is what happen oduduwa had kids the kids had kids and the kids had more kids So they are part of a long royal family that are all his descendants so part of this large family ifa chooses one to be king whenever a previous king dies. Do u get it now or do u want to act more foolish I know it’s fun for u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2018
Your reasoning faculties do not appear to be very sharp.
Did you bring any proof forward of the existance of oranmiyan ?
So why in hell should I believe oranmiyan existed ?
It seems you think that I must let at least one of your fairy tales fly not based on logics but based on something else I guess.
In my own logical world, everything is based on proof. You telling one million tales is no guaranty for one of your tales being accepted, all you need is a proof, without proof, none of your claims will be accepted.
"See how you contradict yourself" ? I fail to see any contradiction in my statements, perharps the word has an other meaning for you.

Moneywomen17:
lol see how u contradict urself to sound smart. First u say oduduwa never existed I showed u proof that ur god oba of Benin believes it u said it’s folklore. So answer me if oduduwa never existed like u say that means the so called dlkhadaren u claim was lost and found in ife never existed too. But oranmiyan also ruled Benin and since there is no longer any bini claim on oranmiyan via oduduwa that means nonetheless a Yoruba man oranmiyan started the oba dynasty of Benin without no contest or u will deny oranmiyan never rule Benin and eweka his son continue his dynasty to this modern day.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
Your reasoning faculties do not appear to be very sharp.
Did you bring any proof forward of the existance of oranmiyan ?
So why in hell should I believe oranmiyan existed ?
It seems you think that I must let at least one of your fairy tales fly not based on logics but based on something else I guess.
In my own logical world, everything is based on proof. You telling one million tales is no guaranty for one of your tales being accepted, all you need is a proof, without proof, none of your claims will be accepted.
"See how your contradict yourself" ? I fail to see any contradiction in my statements, perharps the word has an other meaning for you.

alright please answer this who is the first king of Benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2018
How in hell should I know.
Was there a book keeper who was keeping records ?
You are talking about an event which might have taken place several thousand years ago !

Moneywomen17:
alright please answer this who is the first king of Benin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:02am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
You are talking about an event which might have taken place several thousand years ago !

lol for real so u don’t know am disappointed I thought u were a guru on Benin history

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2018
No, you thought I were a fool like yourself.
You still don't completely understand the meaning of the word "history":
Each bit of history is supposed to be backed by contemporary texts !

Moneywomen17:
lol for real so u don’t know am disappointed I thought u were a guru on Benin history
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 7:04am On Apr 29, 2018
Moneywomen17:
lol I know u are a dumbass but I will indulge u see this is what happen oduduwa had kids the kids had kids and the kids had more kids So they are part of a long royal family that are all his descendants so part of this large family ifa chooses one to be king whenever a previous king dies. Do u get it now or do u want to act more foolish I know it’s fun for u.
Why waste your time on him? He does not know but claim to know. Just imagine, the trash ,he typed as ‘imaginery Oduduwa genealogy,' yet he has nothing to link Odua to Edo apart from Oba Bini lineage through Oranmiyan. Even Ogiso,did not have any name linked to ‘Ora—Oran talkless of Adimla ,which was Odu to da uwa bore as his other name. It is better you keep away from such personality that are bent on distortion of ancestral connection of Owoka(Eweka) descendants to ILE IFE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:08am On Apr 29, 2018
aribisala0:
Onitsha is part of Benin Kingdom

Is that so ? Is it the smart e Benin that forces from onitsha during the biafra war defeated in less that 24 hours and the oba surrendered
Pls google Midwest invasion

In short the whole south is part of Benin kingdom....do you guys know you are minority ..ordinary Gelegele you can't even get

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2018
Olu317:
Why waste your time on him? He does not know but claim to know. Just imagine, the trash ,he typed as ‘imaginery Oduduwa genealogy,' yet he has nothing to link Odua to Edo apart from Oba Bini lineage through Oranmiyan. Even Ogiso,did not have any name linked to ‘Ora—Oran talkless of Adimla ,which was Odu to da uwa bore as his other name. It is better you keep away from such personality that are bent on distortion of ancestral connection of Owoka(Eweka) descendants to ILE IFE.
i like the guy he acts like an intellectual but anybody that have half a brain can see through it. He says a lot of things then contradict himself next

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by aribisala0(m): 7:11am On Apr 29, 2018
ariesbull:

Is that so ? Is it the smart e Benin that forces from onitsha during the biafra war defeated in less that 24 hours and the oba surrendered

In short the whole south is part of Benin kingdom....do you guys know you are minority ..ordinary Gelegele you can't even get

What does Onitsha mean in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:11am On Apr 29, 2018
steveosaz:
These Yoruba guys of this generation are simply an embarrassment to literature and historical perspectives. Going down memory lane is a waste of time with them. You cannot bend an already dried fish lest it breaks.

But for the few amongst you who are a little bit above tge bar, I hope you know what symbolism means. Certain things are done to project or make particular statements.

Look at the chairs these two kings are sitting on and tell who is actually the baba.

Though I hate going down this low, but its important sometimes.
You give the high seat to your Oba even when he visits your domain. Buhari would always have the high seat whenever he visits a governor. That's the message being passed here. Open your brains!

It's settled ...the picture settles the argument

Oba is higher

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:12am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
No, you thought I was a fool like yourself.
You still don't completely understand the meaning of the word "history":
Each bit of history is supposed to be backed by contemporary texts !

But according to “documented history” of Benin oranmiyan is listed as first oba thou for a short reign and his son eweka ruled after him. Are they wrong hmm is everything about Benin wrong mr historian huh lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 29, 2018
It is funny how igbo people keep saying this.
I don't get why you guys keep boasting about how your armed soldiers overpowered unarmed civilians.
The Benin imperial army fought against the british empire and lost. Since then, the Benin imperial army had been disbanned.
Your biafran soldiers were shooting at unarmed civilians. Yet when buhari sends the army against unarmed igbo civilians, you guys cry foul ! Irony ?
Who eaxactly are you claiming to be minority ?
Who exactly do you represent ?

ariesbull:

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:

grin grin then shut up. You do not know bini history
Your father failed to teach you anything no wonder you come here spewing thrash daily

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2018
ariesbull:

It's settled ...the picture settles the argument

Oba is higher
does this pix below also settle the olota is higher than Ooni too. U are a dumbass is what u are a quick research will have showed u that the Ooni usually seats on that chair when he receives monarch dignitaries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018
aribisala0:

What does Onitsha mean in Igbo

Do you realize this small boy that we have Onicha anglicised Onitsha in all Igbo land

Onicha Ukwuani Delta
Onicha ugbo Delta
Onicha mmili Anambra
Onicha Mbaise imo
Onicha uboma imo
Onicha ngwa Abia
Onicha ezza Enugu

Now all these Onicha are Benin right....confused souls

Do Benin bear Onicha

Your asking me the meaning of Onicha ....is it the Benin that the NRI priest thought artistry and administration because NRI civilisation is far older that these small minority Benin

Abeg face your Yoruba cousins...we Igbo have nothing.... absolutely nothing to do with you...we see you in condescending manner

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 29, 2018
Once again, you are showing your lack of education.
Forget the expression "documented history". That is just an other rather stupid way of just saying history.
And what you are quoting is not history, it is fiction !
There is no proof it ever happened ! No contemporary text !

Moneywomen17:
But according to “documented history” of Benin oranmiyan is listed as first oba thou for a short reign and his son eweka ruled after him. Are they wrong hmm is everything about Benin wrong mr historian huh lol
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by playerinc(m): 7:18am On Apr 29, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This yeye Oba travels more than a runs girl.

Ozuo King.

You are a monumental fool. I place a curse today. You and yours shall suffer. So mote it be. Oba gha to 'kpere....Ise.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
Once again, you are showing your lack of education.
Forget the expression "documented history". That is just an other rather stupid way of just saying history.
And what you are quoting is not history, it is fiction !
There is no proof it ever happened ! No contemporary text !

alright I will indulge u once more what do u mean by “proof”
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
I don't get why you guys keep boasting about how your armed soldiers overpowered unarmed civilians.
The Benin imperial army fought against the british empire and lost. Since then, the Benin imperial army had been disbanned.
Your biafran soldiers were shooting at unarmed civilians. Yet when buhari sends the army against unarmed igbo civilians, you guys cry foul ! Irony ?

You can't get Gelegele...we are tactically supporting ijaw

Now read

When the Biafrans reached Agbor they split up, the Biafran 12th Battalion under Lt. Col. Festus Akagha began moving north-west to Benin City, the 18th Battalion under Major Humphrey Chukwuka made its way into the oil-rich Niger Delta, and the 13th Battalion under Col. Mike Inveso swung northwards towards Auchi. Benin City was captured with little opposition as Biafran soldiers fired their weapons into the air upon entering the city. The 13th Battalion established control over Auchi and Agenebode while also capturing the towns of Okene, Atani, and Iloshi, indiscriminately shooting civilians in the process. A Nigerian Army unit was pursued by Biafran soldiers to the Siluko River where the two sides exchanged fire, before the Nigerians managed to escape under the cover of darkness. Within 12 hours of the initial invasion the Biafran Army had control over the entire Mid-Western Region. Unbeknownst to General Banjo a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor on the orders of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive, Ejoor's guards resisted the attacking Biafrans which gave Ejoor enough time to escape and flee to Lagos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

We would still do that again ...if there is need...this time Benin city would be occupied territories! Trust me because you guys are minority. I would advise you to face yoruba and stay away from Igbo....we saw the role you played In killing Anioma Igbo during the 1966 and we have that in mind also

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2018
wikipedia ? God have mercy ! I am talking to toddlers !
You are either a toddler, either you have mental issues.

ariesbull:

You can't get Gelegele...we are tactically supporting ijaw

Now read

When the Biafrans reached Agbor they split up, the Biafran 12th Battalion under Lt. Col. Festus Akagha began moving north-west to Benin City, the 18th Battalion under Major Humphrey Chukwuka made its way into the oil-rich Niger Delta, and the 13th Battalion under Col. Mike Inveso swung northwards towards Auchi. Benin City was captured with little opposition as Biafran soldiers fired their weapons into the air upon entering the city. The 13th Battalion established control over Auchi and Agenebode while also capturing the towns of Okene, Atani, and Iloshi, indiscriminately shooting civilians in the process. A Nigerian Army unit was pursued by Biafran soldiers to the Siluko River where the two sides exchanged fire, before the Nigerians managed to escape under the cover of darkness. Within 12 hours of the initial invasion the Biafran Army had control over the entire Mid-Western Region. Unbeknownst to General Banjo a unit of Biafran soldiers under Lt. Col. Oechi attacked the government residence of Mid-Western Region governor David Ejoor on the orders of President Odumegwu Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive, Ejoor's guards resisted the attacking Biafrans which gave Ejoor enough time to escape and flee to Lagos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

We would still do that again ...if there is need...this time Benin city would be occupied territories! Trust me because you guys are minority. I would advise you to face yoruba and stay away from Igbo....we saw the role you played In killing Anioma Igbo during the 1966 and we have that in mind also
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Rexnegro(m): 7:23am On Apr 29, 2018
macof:
not 2nd or 3rd but last son Oranmiyan
thanks for the correction bro..I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:25am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:

When your people where killing unarmed Igbo of anioma origin in Benin city you didn't know there was repercussions..what where your clowning oba doing then....you guys asked for it and we gave it to you and would still do that

Thank Lord the ijaw are doing the needful in Gelegele....oya go and take....the oba of a dude is walking upandan looking for whom to help him

These Benin folks don't even realise that they are minority..Yoruba or Igbo can easily walk over them....they are not even upto 3 million in population....abeg make una close mouth jhoor

Who the hell is the Oba seff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2018
Rexnegro:

thanks for the correction bro..I appreciate
you are welcome. It's what I try to do here - promote Yoruba history

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by ariesbull: 7:26am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
wikipedia ? God have mercy ! I am talking to toddlers !
You are either a toddler, either you have mental issues.

U wikpeadia or not...we would still invade that old useless city of yours again if there is need and this time Ina would be held hostage just like the British did to him...pray that Nigeria doesn't divide
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2018
Ok, I now understand you have mental issues.
I recognize the incoherent blabbing of a crazy man below.

ariesbull:

When your people where killing unarmed Igbo of anioma origin in Benin city you didn't know there was repercussions..what where your clowning oba doing then....you guys asked for it and we gave it to you and would still do that

Thank Lord the ijaw are doing the needful in Gelegele....oya go and take....the oba of a dude is walking upandan looking for whom to help him

These Benin folks don't even realise that they are minority..Yoruba or Igbo can easily walk over them....they are not even upto 3 million in population....abeg make una close mouth jhoor

Who the hell is the Oba seff

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Rexnegro(m): 7:29am On Apr 29, 2018
prolog2:
You can boldly make this fantastic claim while at the same time you accept the irony that your current ooni of ife's father was never ooni of ife, his father is still alive by the way.
Even your made up story makes no sense.

ifa or oracle picked him not me ...and am not from Ife to know in-depth why that happened. if u know tell us we not arguing who know pass here. happy Sunday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (123) (Reply)

The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.