Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi (27708 Views)

Muslim-Muslim ticket: I am proud of my role in stopping Tinubu –Saraki / Okorocha Uses Tinubu & Saraki To Explain To 'Myopic Imolites' About Son-In-Law / Tinubu, Saraki’s Humiliation Makes Buhari’s Re-election Difficult – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by dre11(m): 7:03am On Apr 29, 2018
By Ahmed dris Birnin Kebbi

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu and Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki in a dramatic move on Saturday held a secret meeting which lasted for about an hour in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.

Tinubu, had arrived at Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin-Kebbi, venue of a book launch in honour of the Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Muhammadu Illiasu Bashar, along Governors Abubakar Atiku Bagudu and Aminu Masari of Kebbi and Katsina states.

However, at about 10:30am, Senator Saraki arrived in a separate vehicle and went straight to greet Tinubu who sat beside Governor Bagudu. Saraki extended his hand to the APC leader. who rose to greet him in a warm handshake.

The closed door meeting which took place after the book lunch was held at the Presidential Lodge in Birnin Kebbi was the first of such between the duo since 2015 when Saraki emerged President of the Senate against the position of the leadership of the APC, an action which sparked no little row in the party.

Speaking earlier, President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by Katsina State Governor, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari, described the books as an act of rendering service to humanity, stressing that all Nigerians must work hard to sustain the unity of Nigeria.

“The more we write books, the more we understand ourselves and the more united we become. What is important is that those who disagree should also write their books,” he said.

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Saad Abubakar while speaking at the occasion, charged all Nigerians to embark on projects that would strengthen the unity of the country.

The Sultan, who described the attendants of different personalities at the event irrespective of their religions as sign of unity in Nigeria, urged the books’ authors to adjust few fallacy in the books, stressing that few chapter distorted history.

The Chief Launcher and National Leader of APC, Asiwaju Tinubu who harped on unity of Nigeria insisted that those who don’t want any particular region should remember that after expiration of any government, citizens must continue to live together in peace.

He said: “What is dividing us is lack of understanding of history. Whether you are from West, South, North, nobody had control over God’s purpose ‘in our lives. Whom I am where I am coming from and where am going, my destiny is in the hand of God.”

He said our problem in Nigeria is not about economic poverty but lack of understanding of difficulties Nigerians are going through.

He charged Nigerians leaders to preach peace and unity irrespective of their religions, tribes and geopolitical zones, saying “there should be no tribal war because we must share boundaries, coexist and share economic issues with ourselves”.

Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, who was the Chairman of the occasion, said he attended the event because of relationship existed between people of his constituency and Gwandu Emirate, stressing that he would continued to support any course that would promote peace and unity of Nigeria.

The Senate President commended late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero for initiating writing of books to foster understanding and knowledge in the country, adding that the books would further brighten the future of Nigeria youths.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/tinubu-saraki-hold-secret-meeting-in-kebbi/

lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Redoil: 7:12am On Apr 29, 2018
I thaught they were enemies.
I know bubu and his gang are reading this and this will be a big opportunity for us to tell them we are not happy with them and their style of ruling
If you want buhari to continue click like
If you want buhari to be impeached click share

53 Likes 178 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by jared007: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018

Was Saraki telling Tinubu to beg Buhari on his behalf or was he simply informing Tinubu of his presidential ambition? I wonder what the crooks were discussing?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Paperwhite(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018
He said our problem in Nigeria is not about economic poverty but lack of understanding of difficulties Nigerians are going through.
Same thing APC have reluctantly failed to understand.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by sacramento1212: 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018
Redoil:

Its too early for this your nonsense

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2018
Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Ayoswit(f): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2018
The era of secret meetings has come.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 29, 2018
Saraki you won't get APC return ticket in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by DaBillionnaire: 7:18am On Apr 29, 2018
Saraki knows he can't become president so he has to retain the position of senate president. to achieve this he needs to talk to the right people.

as for BUhari,

Tinubu may help Buhari win the primaries but abandon him after that, and then campaign against him so as to prevent him winning the election and thereby crushing his second term hopes.

i doff my hat for nigerian politics, full of problems.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Ellabae(f): 7:18am On Apr 29, 2018
If it helps in uniting the people. It's good.
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Redoil: 7:18am On Apr 29, 2018
sacramento1212:

Its too early for this your nonsense
wetin u chop sleep?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Ciscogod(m): 7:19am On Apr 29, 2018
They were never enemies.. This game called politics is just personal interest.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by jrusky(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu how many time do i call you?

All these sweet talks hold no ground just show us one good thing your party gas achieved so far?

Tinubu is so dodgy and hypocrite why in all his statement, meeting upon meeting refused to mention what benue are going through and you are the national leader of the party in control of benue pls what kind of national leader are you

If you like do open door meeting or open roof meeting with whoever afterall no one is calling saraki to becoming president so saraki has no merit in Nigeria as of today but the truth is it's too late to save Buhari from being booted out come 2019 nothing will stop it enough is enough of sweet talk, fake promises and propaganda.

Tinubu stop wasting your time on Buhari it's better your party started looking for replacement but if you present Buhari come 2019 apc will fall.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Canme4u(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Jagaban
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by uwa1(m): 7:22am On Apr 29, 2018
What are they discussing again....
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 29, 2018
If it is for the course......

I will commend the meeting.

What is the course?

To send Buhari back to Daura

Saraki, Tinubu and others need to unite to send back Buhari back to Daura.

We are tired of his ineptitude.

Buhari is just a peculiar mess

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by jchioma: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2018
Be assured its not in the interest of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by ipobarecriminals: 7:26am On Apr 29, 2018
sad baba National Chairman, it is game over now,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by cashkid: 7:26am On Apr 29, 2018
Redoil:
I know bubu and his gang are reading this and this will be a big opportunity for us to tell them we are not happy with them and their style of ruling

Carry ur nonsense comot for this place jor! As if that will change anything......if they call u lazy yoots now...u go wan hug transformer! Can't you just use ur sense for once? Is click like or share the PVC needed to vote! Do u even have an idea of what it entails to impeach a president? You keep shouting click like....click share!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by ipobarecriminals: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2018
angry wic useless book dem Wan sell wen Fulani terrorist Don nearly turn Benue to River of blood..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by gudnex22(m): 7:29am On Apr 29, 2018
u

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Chubhie: 7:31am On Apr 29, 2018
Battle for 2019. Don't be shocked when you hear of Buhari and fayose in Dubai secret meeting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Alejoc(m): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2018
Scheming continues!

Imagine us!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by teebaxy(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2018
so
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by asobo: 7:34am On Apr 29, 2018
C
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2018
#TakeItBack

#KickThemOut

#YouthsAgainstCareerPoliticians

#YouthsAgainstCorruption

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by kitaatita: 7:40am On Apr 29, 2018
jared007:

Was Saraki telling Tinubu to beg Buhari on his behalf or was he simply informing Tinubu of his presidential ambition? I wonder what the crooks were discussing?
Saraki was obviously trying to secure his political future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2018
Meetings everywhere.
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by prince547: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2018
I thought the two will never come together to do anything hmmmm politics is not what anyone can predict just leave them to themselves
Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by ZorGBUooeh: 7:53am On Apr 29, 2018
Why is it that any time these northerners open dia mouth what comes out is the unity dis,the coexistence that..They hardly talk about development ad progress. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Saraki Hold Secret Meeting In Kebbi by Krafty006: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2018
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari 'queries' Reporter For Reducing His Age / Jonathan’s Foster Father, Inegite, Kidnapped / Matthew Iduoriyekemwen Wins Pro-Sheriff Edo PDP Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.