Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,311 members, 7,842,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" (24529 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing / This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Falana: No APC-Controlled State Is Fighting Corruption, Except Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by tete7000(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

Where did she keep our money that her regime earned?

What did she do with our money that previous regimes earned and saved?

How did our foreign reserves nose dive in a period we earned so much petro-dollars?

Why did she make withdrawals from the ECA without the authorizing FAAC approval that was never given?

Is she not a criminal for doing so?

Did she not deny doing so initially when rightly accused by Gov Adams Oshiomhole? Did she not later backtrack and agree she did so when Oshiomhole persisted with his accusations, but she still could not show any approval from the FAAC that is made up of the 36states of Nigeria and is the only authorizing entity before withdrawals can be made from the ECA?

You mean Oshiomole that is about to become a chairman of a party that just made a withdrawal from the same ECA without approval? A party whose president is being threatened with impeachment for that singular act? If they accused Jonathan of a wrong, shouldn't they know they shouldn't commit the same wrong? That shows nothing they say has credibility, they tell lies to get power and you are still believing their lies. Believe what emanate from APC at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by poseidon12: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeria is a terrible country. I am interested in finding out who that rogue presidential aid is. Dr Okonjo-Iweala needs to let us know that.
Goodluck Jonathan was a huge disappointment and should never have been President of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by kaydp: 10:19am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

You mean qualified kleptomaniac hands that could not save a kobo, but pillaged what previous regimes had saved?

Why do you think so little of the quality of service you are entitled to as a Nigerian?

I don't appreciate the current failure, so why would I appreciate a past failure that had been rightly discarded in the dustbin of sack?

I laugh in qualified hands.
You're making so much sense. Not so many people have the intellectual capacity to relate

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:
The Nigerian economy you bankrupted in your 2nd coming with the Jonathan regime, will certainly not welcome a 3rd coming from you.

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2011 before Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2015 after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

Are serious at all?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2018
I received a message that a top ranking presidential aide wanted me to stop by his office any time I was in the Villa. The Villa is the equivalent of the White House. This official was one of the important aides in the Villa. So, I went to his office the next day. The presidential aide told me that he wanted to convey a message to me that they were people not happy with the port reforms especially the abolishment of the Cargo Tracking Note. And he asked me, indeed advised me to reinstate it.

The person does not have a name ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

Look at this zombie.

Why not tell the PDP regime you enslaved yourselves to for 16yrs, to reveal to faithful zombies like you what they handed over to the current regime?

Or is the author of the handover note without a copy of its own report that can be considered not tampered by the current government?

Why the apologies by PDP over its woeful performance that led to its sacking from government?

Or has Okonjo-Iweala denied her own statements while in office, that the economy was heading to a nosedive?
The same nosedive that saw her borrowing N470b to pay federal civil servant salaries from February 2015 onwards the end of that ignoble, kleptomaniac and clueless regime?

My questions have been answered, that is why I know that Jonathan was a thief who was using unallocated defence funds to cater for his re-election. I know the likes of greedy Olisa Metuh and the smart ones who agreed to return their loot, would have wanted the kleptomaniac PDP to continue in power so they can continue to steal without satisfaction. I know the likes of Diezani Allison-Madueke were sucking the country dry and empowering their cronies with oil deals that was depriving the federal purse of its due revenue. While the same useless regime failed to pay up its own part of counterpart funding for joint venture oil projects, that totaled up to $5b from 2010 to 2015.

I know that many like you who complain about the obvious corruption in this current regime, only do so because you are no longer part of the loot sharing formula, and not that you care about state of Nigeria. You are determined that you must return to the sharing table, rather than return to power to better Nigeria.

And the current minister of finance had aidded grass cutters and other corrupt officials without a word

So what day you ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Soniceguy78(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2018
lilfreezy:

I'm not a PDP supporter, I'm a patriotic Nigerian who wants to see his country flourish so everyone of its citizen can flourish as well. Stop telling yourself that this administration is better economically than the previous administration. I know u are trying to be mischievous. Well, what do I know, its probably the codeine speaking for you. Ewu ekwensu
I wonder what's yur major reason for consistent malfunction.... APC DROID
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by victorazyvictor(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

Everything is tribal to your kind, hence the failure of your overloaded backbone.

grin is simple, deny it that i quoted you wrong and swear, let today bear the witness.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by ehissi(m): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2018
PassingShot:
This woman has lost all credibility most discerning Nigerians had for her.

A Finance Minister under whose watch the economy was looted dry but could not take the honourable path out.

She watched on as waivers upon waivers for import duties were signed off by the Ineffectual Buffoon.

She watched as GEj and his gang of thieves looted the treasury till they started borrowing to pay salaries; she only found her voice when it was too late.

If there was any honour in her, she would have resigned long long ago before they were kicked out.

Very unpatriotic woman!

For your information, she is the first and only minister to have resigned in ths country from 1999. She also had the unpleasant experience of having her mother kidnapped, what was the condition for release of her aged mother? Resign as finance, so shut your pie hole......
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 30, 2018
PassingShot:

A Finance Minister under whose watch the economy was looted dry but could not take the honourable path out.

She watched on as waivers upon waivers for import duties were signed off by the Ineffectual Buffoon.

She watched as GEj and his gang of thieves looted the treasury till they started borrowing to pay salaries; she only found her voice when it was too late.

If there was any honour in her, she would have resigned long long ago before they were kicked out.

Very unpatriotic woman!

Are you a child ?

The current minister of finance who we have witnessed the worst looting in recent memory is still sitting.

We have seen grass cut in million of $

We have seen aso hospital get more budget than the health ministry

We have seen corrupt officials reinstated

Please you are detached from.reality

NOI is miles better than Kemi Adeosun

If you can.sit and ask NOI why she kept silent why not ask Adeosun the same thing?

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2018
PassingShot:

Very unpatriotic woman!

Are you a child ?

The current minister of finance who we have witnessed the worst looting in recent memory is still sitting.

We have seen grass cut in million of $

We have seen aso hospital get more budget than the health ministry

We have seen corrupt officials reinstated

Please you are detached from.reality

NOI is miles better than Kemi Adeosun

If you can.sit and ask NOI why she kept silent why not ask Adeosun the same thing?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Soniceguy78(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2018
martineverest:
thank God...... I'm very happy now,cos this woman watched our economy do down the drain...she aided corruption.

this woman assisted in draining our external reserve when she clearly knew it was our last hope of escaping recession....she watched d economy dwindle into thin air

Kemi might not be qualified enough with her pedigree,I will gladly rate her ahead of okonjo in terms of economy management

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2018
drey076:

you said my mind.
she is done looting Nigeria treasury
OLE

Are you a drunkard? We have serious discussion here not childish rants

Kemi Adeosun is sitting tight while we are witnessing the worst looting in recent history

Please don't get.me started
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Throwback: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

Are serious at all?

I am very serious.

Or was the government of Yar'Adua borrowing to pay civil servant salaries as Okonjo Iweala was doing at the end of her Jonathan regime?

Did she add 1 kobo to Nigeria's savings or foreign reserves?

As she failed woefully to add a kobo, did she not supervise the pillaging of savings and reserves previous regimes built without the benefit of the huge revenue earned due to high crude oil prices during Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala's tenure?

Or what more seriousness should be ascribed to an obvious failure?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:
The Nigerian economy you bankrupted in your 2nd coming with the Jonathan regime, will certainly not welcome a 3rd coming from you.

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2011 before Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2015 after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

Nigeria was the largest economy in Africa with a gdp of $481.1 billion
a 2.7% growth and falling unemployment. In 2016 it was -3.16%
The dollar was 179 Naira. Now it is 360
38 billion in FDI in 2015.
Rising food production and no herdsmen killings in Benue

http://www.financialnigeria.com/fdi-inflows-to-nigeria-declined-to-3-4-billion-in-2015-news-315.html
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Saintsquare(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

Kemi Adeosun is sitting tight while we are witnessing the worst looting in recent history

Did NOI witnessed the looting or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Throwback: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

If you think Kemi Adeosun is a failure, then Ngozi Okonjo Iweala should have had her head guillotined already.

So all you have read daily about the factual looting of the country by the Jonathan regime is child's play to you?

Look into the mirror and see the problem of Nigeria staring back at you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by stevecantrell: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
calm down guys.....stop arguing and look at.this photo

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Bizibi(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2018
nku5:
The fact is that Jonathan's government was strangling corruption and corruption fought back through APC/Buhari. Very unfortunate
so unfortunate
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Kindoo: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Wel-done A patriot serves till the end

visit www.wurastories.com.ng for interesting stories
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2018
PassingShot:

Very unpatriotic woman!

In NOI's case, resigning would have been weakness on her part. In fact, that would have delighted her adversaries.

So spare her.

Meanwhile, hope you remember her travails back then, including the kidnapping of her mum?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

If you think Kemi Adeosun is a failure, then Ngozi Okonjo Iweala should have had her head guillotined already.

So all you have read daily about the factual looting of the country by the Jonathan regime is child's play to you?

Look into the mirror and see the problem of Nigeria staring back at you.

Now I believe you a delusional

Kemi adesoun is a total faliure I can say that as a stunch Yoruba man

She is a failure leagues ahead of her time

Do you even understand the manitude of looting going on?

Please don't waste my time this morning
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

I am very serious.

Or was the government of Yar'Adua borrowing to pay civil servant salaries as Okonjo Iweala was doing at the end of her Jonathan regime?

Did she add 1 kobo to Nigeria's savings or foreign reserves?

As she failed woefully to add a kobo, did she not supervise the pillaging of saving and reserves previous regimes built without the benefit of the huge revenue earned did to high crude oil prices during Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala's tenure?

Or what more seriousness should be ascribed to an obvious failure?

If you call.NOI a failure what will you call.kemi Adeosun?

Are you kidding me.right now ?

Do you understand the magnitude of looting that's been going on this last 4 years ?

Please I don't have time for unserious individuals
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Throwback: 11:16am On Apr 30, 2018
Lakeside79:

If you call.NOI a failure what will you call.kemi Adeosun?

Are you kidding me.right now ?

Do you understand the magnitude of looting that's been going on this last 4 years ?

Please I don't have time for unserious individuals

You and I can only imagine the magnitude of looting going on now.

What about the magnitude of looting that went on then and that you have the facts and figures of the billions of dollars looted. What do you have to say to that factual looting that had an Okonjo-Iweala as minister of finance?

Have you no words to say about the looting during the Jonathan regime that we all know of now. Was there no minister of finance then?

Can you give a single reason why the Jonathan regime and Okonjo-Iweala as finance minister and Diezani as petroleum minister, did not pay up the FG's counterpart funding for JV oil projects that eventually totalled about $5b between 2010 and 2015?

Were we too broke to pay that sum from all our earnings or the savings that the same regime ran aground?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by PassingShot(m): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2018
tete7000:

All these are based on what the lying party told you. Wait until they leave power to know the truth. Believe APC, a party of propagandists at your own peril.
A party that knows how to do nothing but tell lies, peddles rumours and propagate falsehood.
What of the revelations by NOI herself?

I guess she was forced at gunpoint, during a world economic forum, to say that "GEJ lacked the political will to save". And her book "Fighting Corruption in Nigeria is Dangerous" was also what APC told me?

Chai! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

You and I can only imagine the magnitude of looting going on now.

What about the magnitude of looting that went on then and that you have the facts and figures of the billions of dollars looted. What do you have to say to that factual looting that had an Okonjo-Iweala as minister of finance?

Have you no words to say about the looting during the Jonathan regime that we all know of now. Was there no minister of finance then?

Excuses are the nail.cofdin.of failures

If I was appointed head of a multinational sales team a.d.imstead of delivering results I only kept blaming my failures on the past individual who.occupied that role do you think I would last on that role ?

Talking of the ineffectual buffoon and his failures serve only to distract from current failures

The world over knows how ineffectual the buffoon was hence the name that will stick with him forever

But to constantly banter this laughable excuse serves for nothing else other than comic relief

Kemi adesosun and this governmnet have failed massively and the corruption that has gone on in the last 3 years dwarfes the last 16 years out together

Where do I start ? Is it the increase of file.prices with the exucse of stopping all subsidy payments only for the NNOc gm to reveal infact this same governmnet had indeed been not just saying subsidy but at double.the amount ?

Where is this money going ? Why increase fuel prices ? Where is the excess from the increase in.fiel going ?.

We are not children let's reason as adults
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by keneck1: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2018
nku5:
Nigerians are very wicked and daft. They don't deserve wonderful performers like NOI, Adesina or Jonathan. They deserve monkeys like Amaechi, Buhari and co that will deplete the treasury, cause recession and disobey court orders
kwakwakwakwakwakwa i know you so pained by this revelation eyaa your cry cry has just begun imminent defeat awaits all of you that donoy want naija to move forward cry on boi
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Apr 30, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Are you an OSU or a freeborn IBO before knowing what to say to you?

The funny thing about being tribalistic, and throwing insults among ourselves in the South is that it serve Buhari, and APC well come next general elections. That's how I know Buhari will win again. All he needs is a few votes from the divided South to add to the unanimous and 'unlimited' votes from the North.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by greatcrown: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2018
64,000 ghost workers and saving of $1.1 billion.

Weldone ma.

How I wish those behind these ghost workers stuff can be apprehended and prosecuted.

Your good work was rubbished by politicians headed by GEJ.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that.
Every politician is desperate when election is around the corner.

Maybe one of these days you will consider contesting for Nigeria ppresident.
Hopefully then we will be able to forever seal and bury the cofin of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by nku5: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2018
keneck1:
kwakwakwakwakwakwa i know you so pained by this revelation eyaa your cry cry has just begun imminent defeat awaits all of you that donoy want naija to move forward cry on boi

What is "donoy"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by dataking: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2018
greatcrown:
64,000 ghost workers and saving of $1.1 billion.

Weldone ma.

How I wish those behind these ghost workers stuff can be apprehended and prosecuted.

Your good work was rubbished by politicians headed by GEJ.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that.
Every politician is desperate when election is around the corner.

Maybe one of these days you will consider contesting for Nigeria ppresident.
Hopefully then we will be able to forever seal and bury the cofin of corruption in Nigeria.

Clown. What a waste.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by LordAdamX: 11:55am On Apr 30, 2018
Realdeals:
What stop Madam Iweala from mentioning the name of this top ranking official? It's a sign of insincerity on her path.

And what would you use the name for?

Power plays happen all the time in government. The CTN was abolished. It wasn't reintroduced. Case closed.

-Lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi / Dapo Abiodun Visit OOUTH, Was Disappointed By The Deplorable & Substandard State / SSS Invites Bishop Kukah For Saying Buhari Is Soft On Terrorism, Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.