Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,359 members, 7,843,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" (24532 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Used An Old Photo To Illustrate Social Distancing In Food Sharing / This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Falana: No APC-Controlled State Is Fighting Corruption, Except Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2018
ehissi:

For your information, she is the first and only minister to have resigned in ths country from 1999. She also had the unpleasant experience of having her mother kidnapped, what was the condition for release of her aged mother? Resign as finance, so shut your pie hole......
Congratulations to Mama, Princes Iweala.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2018
ehissi:

For your information, she is the first and only minister to have resigned in ths country from 1999. She also had the unpleasant experience of having her mother kidnapped, what was the condition for release of her aged mother? Resign as finance, so shut your pie hole......
Congratulations to Mama, Princes Iweala.
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by blazhykowskyi(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Angelfrost:

The funny thing about being tribalistic, and throwing insults among ourselves in the South is that it serve Buhari, and APC well come next general elections. That's how I know Buhari will win again. All he needs is a few votes from the divided South to add to the unanimous and 'unlimited' votes from the North.

There is nothing like united north. It's only in your imagination. Buhari will not win north central, that I'm very sure of.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by KratosCorp: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Worse than poo.

[s]
PassingShot:
This woman has lost all credibility most discerning Nigerians had for her.

A Finance Minister under whose watch the economy was looted dry but could not take the honourable path out.

She watched on as waivers upon waivers for import duties were signed off by the Ineffectual Buffoon.

She watched as GEj and his gang of thieves looted the treasury till they started borrowing to pay salaries; she only found her voice when it was too late.

If there was any honour in her, she would have resigned long long ago before they were kicked out.

Very unpatriotic woman!
[/s]
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by opribo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
You did not serve Nigeria when you carry another country citizenship, you are paid in dollars, you and your household don't live here in Nigeria. You only got another job contract here like an expatriate.

Therefore you can't claim you serve Nigeria instead Nigeria did you a favour by offering you a contract job now you are back to your country not Nigeria. Nigeria may be your country of birth but no longer your country now so don't talk about done serving Nigeria. Only citizens serve their nation you only came to make your money.
Sometimes I even feel we need to use our own to salvage our nation all these people that will come here and eat our money and when the going gets tough they run away are not useful.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by felaismyhero(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
timwudz:
No.. it should be;

you're done stealing Nigeria's money
why are u so stupid? do u think everyone is corrupt like you? she could have just stayed wit the world bank
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by felaismyhero(m): 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
i know there is hope for this nation,there are more good people than bad in this nation.for corruption to be fought from the inside,many good people are needed in politics.if u are a good and straight thinking nigerian,and u wont enter politics.u are a wicked soul.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by CSTR1003: 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

Obasanjo won Nigeria debt relief. He made all the necessary travels and connections and pleas.

He made it a mission of his government right from the very start of his 1st term even before there was any Okonjo Iweala in his 2nd term.

Funny enough, the funds that help to pay the remainder $18b debt was already saved up within the first term of that regime.
Obasanjo won your debt relief with which connection?

Was he a member of the World Bank or IMF which ngozi was at that time?
Why did you think he employed a member of the World Bank if not for her connections with the Paris club?

If travelling was all there is to debt cancellation, then surely Nigeria should not be in debt given buhari's travels.

You are talking uneducated nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by timwudz(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
felaismyhero:
why are u so stupid? do u think everyone is corrupt like you? she could have just stayed wit the world bank
Na your papa stupid.. if u get sense, u no go come dey constitute nuisance on my mention..

and na Ogun go kill u.. oloriburuku somebody
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by CSTR1003: 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Outofsync:

Debt reliefs when crude oils were at an all time high

How is that an achievement
Which crude oil was high at that time!?

How old are you?

And how does price of crude invalidate debt cancellation?

Do you know the humongous billions of dollars Nigeria was owing then?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Throwback: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

Obasanjo won your debt relief with which connection?

Was he a member of the World Bank or IMF which ngozi was at that time?
Why did you think he employed a member of the World Bank if not for her connections with the Paris club?

If travelling was all there is to debt cancellation, then surely Nigeria should not be in debt given buhari's travels.

You are talking uneducated nonsense.

Are you saying all the countries that ever won debt relief did so because they had a former world bank employee as Finance Minister?

Or what kind of "bigman" argument are you making as opposed to an "institution" argument?

Very soon, you will tell us that Obasanjo was a houseboy without any repute globally, until Okonjo Iweala showed up and bestowed on him the repute he had.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by slowice(m): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
What is said here many Nigerians cannot comprehend. All they crave for is the "we re fighting corruption drama" n all the noise making that goes with which ve successfully blinded them from the truth. The truth is as long as we ve weak institutions corruption is going no where n there nothing, no amount of screaming integrity or body language can stop it. Institutions must be strengthened and leakages blocked for corruption to be reduced considerably n probably stop. Thank noi

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by CSTR1003: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:

Are you saying all the countries that ever won debt relief did so because they had a former world bank employee as Finance Minister?

Or what kind of "bigman" argument are you making as opposed to an "institution" argument?

Very soon, you will tell us that Obasanjo was a houseboy without any repute globally, until Okonjo Iweala showed up and bestowed on him the repute he had.
All the countries that won debt relief had connections via effective lobbyists .

OBJ was just coming out from prison. There was no way he had the kind of back room connections to get debt cancellation.

Presidential power is not enough. Shaking hands with overpaid dignitaries and bankers is not enough.
If that were the case, Nigeria would have gotten another debt cancellation .
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Tunbolity(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Anyone with soft copy of the book should send me; ganisankara@gmail.com
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by scionofurhobo(m): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
As I’m saying this is very difficult, if you think of this as fighting corruption this is not the kind of things that make people run right, all these things GIFSM, IPPIS, TSA sound very technical. But if you say I arrested somebody and blasted it in the press everybody will sit up but that is not going to build you these systems. What I am trying to say is that it is not cultural or inherent (in us), it is the absence of such systems (GIFSM, IPPIS, TSA)
- NOI.

Only the wise will decipher this statement, but bmc and e-diots can say all they want.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Ugosample(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Throwback:
The Nigerian economy you bankrupted in your 2nd coming with the Jonathan regime, will certainly not welcome a 3rd coming from you.

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2011 before Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

What was the state of our finances and economy as at 2015 after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala?

These tales by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has helped to prove that truly, Jonathan was an ineffectual buffoon that was surrounded by beer parlour appointees who ran his presidency as they liked for their own gain without any care or shame for the consequences of their actions, knowing that the moro.n in chief will truly act like a clueless moro.n.

And your god Buhari is a what

failure personified

I just hope we get it right in 2019

If not undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by seunfape(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2018
serving or stealing Nigeria money
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by ozimec(m): 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
drey076:

you said my mind.
she is done looting Nigeria treasury
OLE

...looted and yet non you or your paymasters have been able to show any evidence of her loot. If you have any proof why not show it rather than making unnecessary noise in the media.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by tete7000(m): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
PassingShot:

What of the revelations by NOI herself?

I guess she was forced at gunpoint, during a world economic forum, to say that "GEJ lacked the political will to save". And her book "Fighting Corruption in Nigeria is Dangerous" was also what APC told me?

Chai! undecided undecided undecided

The woman has since debunked she never referred to GEJ, but the governors who connived to ensure SWF never be. GEJ government intended to save but the governor colluded to ensure the money was shared. Some of you will say but Obasanjo arm twisted the governors, defiled the law of the land and saved. The question that will however arise is, going about what NOI herself said about building institutions, do you build institutions where there is no respect for rule of law?
Finally, I will always insist nothing emanating from APC should be believed because of their penchant for lies and rumour mongering. You are never sure what they are saying at any time is not a lie. Once it is established an individual or group have penchant for lie, nothing coming from such should again be believed. APC has lost all integrity with lies upon lies they have told.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by Collins87: 10:34am On May 01, 2018
Please can u go to US and be done with it later? Only in Nigeria sister Ngozi.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by goshee: 1:37am On May 02, 2018
who's still doubting that Nigeria is a failed state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Why I Wrote "Fighting Corruption Is Dangerous" by keneharry: 7:52am On May 03, 2018
PassingShot:
This woman has lost all credibility most discerning Nigerians had for her.

A Finance Minister under whose watch the economy was looted dry but could not take the honourable path out.

She watched on as waivers upon waivers for import duties were signed off by the Ineffectual Buffoon.

She watched as GEj and his gang of thieves looted the treasury till they started borrowing to pay salaries; she only found her voice when it was too late.

If there was any honour in her, she would have resigned long long ago before they were kicked out.

Very unpatriotic woman!
Oya patriotic niqqa.. Go and serve nah..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Briefing From Buratai (Photo) / 2023: PDP G5 Gives Atiku Conditions For Support / Zaynab Ikaz-Kassim & Aisha Alubankudi Organized The US Protest — Segalink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.