Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati (15515 Views)

2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari, By Reuben Abati / Buhari And The June 12 Saga By Reuben Abati / President Buhari And His Marabouts By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati by sexyanyabubakar(f): 5:35pm On May 01, 2018
namet:
Buhari can and should be impeached. And if he is, nothing will happen; Nigeria will forge ahead.

Sadly, Reuben's observations and postulation are typical of the Nigerian mind, which is that of low standards and low expectations and worst, a cynical and defeatist mindset that recognizes only the impossible.

It is a disgrace that Reuben refuses to know and accept that the mere instituting of the impeachment process is a litmus test for our democracy and it can really only deepen our democracy as well as strengthen it, not the other way.

This idea that 'oh the fulanis or northerners will not allow it or they will burn the country down' is pure buffoonery.

I will repeat it for the umpteenth time: Buhari has destroyed the economy and our currency. He has not and is incapable of prosecuting anti-curruption measures. Has Buhari's changed any bureaucratic process in the federal government to make it difficult for public servants and office holders to steal? No.

Buhari has intentionally design the country's security to ensure that members of his Fulani ethnic group go around the country attacking villages and slaughtering innocent people willy-nilly with the assurances of State protection. Should the Senate and Nigerian allow this to continue?

Worst, Buhari is intellectually and physically incapable of running a complex country like Nigeria in this day and age. It is Buhari's handling of country that has ushered untold hardship on the citizens.

The impeachment process will provide the country an opportunity to debate these issues and many more, and subsequently, impeach him.

I appeal to Saraki and the Senate to commence the impeachment process immediately in order to rescue the country.
MY NIGGA. SOME BODY, GIVE THIS GUY A COLD STOUT
Re: Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati by brightalo17: 6:43pm On May 01, 2018
Eaugusta:

Now You See how the problem of this country has confused me to the extend of now taking Kenya to be Uganda. Thanks for calling me back jare
just get ready let's go maybe after some few months the stress of Naija will leave you alone.
Re: Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati by Eaugusta(f): 6:50pm On May 01, 2018
brightalo17:
just get ready let's go maybe after some few months the stress of Naija will leave you alone.
Isorit
Re: Buhari’s Impeachment: Mission Impossible, By Reuben Abati by ReubenE(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2018
DragonKnight:
I don't agree with the attempts being made to impeach PMB because of his lack of consultation with National Assembly in the procurement of the 12 Embraer Super Tucano airplanes. Why? Because I believe that his motives were clearly to equip our Military in the fight against insurgency and it has been far too long since Nigeria has been attempting to close this deal and procure those aircrafts. Also the US authorities having confirmed receiving the money, means that this time the purchase was not marred by corruption and embezzlement, as was the case in some past attempts to procure ammunitions and equipments for the Military. I believe the National Assembly is required by law to caution him for leaving them out of the loop, but calls to impeach him for this act is to me totally uncalled for.
This your opinion is the very reason why we have different morality for different people, and different laws for different people in Nigeria.

When a law is violated, the consequence is expected to follow no matter the circumstances surrounding the violation.
What would you make of a man that is genuinely hungry, and was caught stealing from your house? Will you let him go because he was hungry?

My brother, laws are made to ensure social order by directing each and everyone of us on which course of action to take at a particular time.
Great nations are what they are because they respect their laws and they fight to keep them at all times.

Law and morality are not the same, same way there is a difference between doing what you think is right and doing what you're expected to do.....

....and the last paragraph where you opined that the National Assembly is required by law to caution him for keeping them in the dark is not factual.
The only requirement by law for what he did as prescribed by the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) is to initiate impeachment proceedings for gross misconduct.

It is either the National Assembly acts or the members take the part of selective amnesia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obidient Movement Is Not About My Tribe Or My Religion - Peter Obi / India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others / Anthony Attah: Decade Of Gas Initiative Will Transform Nigeria Into A Gas Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.