Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Let's Memorize The Qur'an - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let's Memorize The Qur'an (1339 Views)

Mother Beats Son To Death Then Burns Body Because He Failed To Memorize Koran / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Memorize The Qur'an by macomrades(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2010
Assalamu aliakum ya jama'atul muslimi

I have realised that we spend most of our time on things that will only benefit us in this world but become lethargic when it comes to seeking the pleasure of Allah (swt).

In view of this, I decided to start this Qur'an memorization thread so that insha Allah we will all reap the benefits of knowing the Qur'an by learning it the way the sahaba did, so i am proposing that we memorize A VERSE A DAY, learn the verse's tafsir AND APPLY ITS' TEACHINGS before moving on to the next verse.

I am uploading a software: Juz30 form imaanstar.com software that will help us do it, it is easy to use and once you get comfortable with it you can start memorizing the Qur'an.

Remember to do it seeking the pleasure of Allah only as He will reward you for it even if you don't live to complete this noble mission.

PS you can also download the software from http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/soft/561039/
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by chakula: 5:23pm On May 19, 2010
Very good initiative bros keep it up.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by muhsin(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2010
Wa'alaikum as-Salam,

That is very thoughtful of you; and a nice initiative. But I fear if people have that ample time to do what you are suggesting. I, in particular, don't have it.

Again, I've tried to download the software but it says it's corrupt. Anything I can do? Thanks and may Allah bless, amin.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by macomrades(m): 6:21pm On May 19, 2010
^^It's just a verse a day+tafsir application. We need to create that time to do this, just for the sake of Allah.
the file is ~635MB so it may take a while but I can provide you with it if you live in Abuja.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by muhsin(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2010
I live in Kano. . .
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 9:50pm On May 19, 2010
Assalam Alaikum and Jazakallah for this. How do we do it? Is this going to be a support group? Are you going to post the ayat daily? I'm interested please let me know.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 6:09pm On May 23, 2010
Salaam. Havent been here since my last post. I was expecting a reply.I guess alot of people do not have the time.Well, I'm still expecting a reply.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by macomrades(m): 7:54am On May 24, 2010
Nanai's post gave me the idea of using this thread as a support group so I think I will start posting a verse (arabic text, translation and transliteration)a day together with the its tafsir (Ibn Kathir's abridged in english) and possibly some audio.
We should please for the sake of Allah recognise ourselves as muslims first and not as tijanniyah, izala etc and you are free to upload a different recitation and/or other supporting files (tafsir from other renowned scholars, etc).

Also, I think we should start from bottom to top (Nas to Baqara) so that we cover those ayahs we already know and become more comfortable.

I know that we may at one point or the other fall behind due to illness or other reasons so by no means should you feel left behind.

The important thing is for one to have a sincere intention to complete this task seeking His pleasure alone.

I hope the moderators stay vigilant in monitoring posts to check mistakes and mischief.

Posting starts tomorrow.

May Allah bless this cause.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 7:48pm On May 24, 2010
Assalam alaikum
@macomrades: Alhamdulillah. I was waiting for this. But I have already started from the top.If you haven't already started, please start from the top.If you have already started, let me know.I'll leave mine and join you. Please let me know.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by macomrades(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2010
1:1

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

http://www.theholybook.org/content/category/1/117/2/
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 11:19pm On May 25, 2010
Is it just me or are the articles incomplete?Please let me know how to through them.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by mendax: 7:41pm On May 27, 2010
@poster,

well, this is a wonderful initiative. However, i believe that the first idea of members to memorise any verse they are comfortable with, may be a better idea. because, if u start from the top or bottom, u may never satisfy everyone. and what would happen is that, the person willing to start and realises that you are in a chapter he isnt comfortable with may bcom discouraged. But, it would be good if we use the thread as a support group.

you could also visit this site; it may be easier for members to use, while waiting for a 635mb download in nigeria (where the speed is usually slow).

http://www.hifzhelper.com/

but good initiative. Jazakallah
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 4:49am On Jul 01, 2010
Assalam Alaikum

@Macomrades: Jazakallah khair. This is a very nice suggestion. I am really making progress this time until like my past trials. A verse a day really does help. i hope you have also made progress.

I will suggest that everyone tries it. May Allah accept all our acts of ibadah and reward us for it.Ameen.
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by alimat2(f): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Aminnnnnnnnn
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by azharuddin: 9:18am On Jul 22, 2010
I dont ve enough words to thank you for posting this.
May Allah help us in memorizing and spending more time reciting the Quran and get its due benefit. Ameen.

For people who think they dont ve time. Remember we live in this world only for around 60-70 yrs, but the life after death is FOREVER. Sacrifices made in this life will certainly benifit us FOREVER.

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet(S.A.W.) said, "It will be said to the companion of the Qur'aan after he has entered Paradise, 'Recite, and rise!' For every verse he recites he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory)." (Aboo Dawood)
Re: Let's Memorize The Qur'an by Nanai: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Macomrades: Jazakallah khair. May Allah (SWT), in His infinite mercy, grant you all your heart desires and open for you doors of His Rahma that you never knew existed. May He forgive all your sins and bless you and whatever He gives you.Ameen.
Alhamdulillah I am making immense progress thanks to you. I cannot thank you enough but I pray that Allah (SWT) rewards you with the greatest level of Jannah for this initiative. Ameen.

Jazakallah Khair.

(1) (Reply)

Moslems Do You Believe In Reincarnation / Somalia : The Black African Islamic Country: / Why Is It Wrong To Defecate On The Exterior Walls Of A Mosque?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.