Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo (30109 Views)

Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Amaechi, Yahaya Bello Flag Off Dredging Of River Niger Ajaokuta-Onitsha Waterway / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Mcphamous(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:
Now look at this idiot and tell me why our economy will not fail.

Of all things to worry about this is the most pressing issue on this man’s mind. Trump is fighting for Christians in Nigeria while a pastor VP is having sleepless night over who discovered River Niger.

If anyone still thinks this man is sane please check yourself too.
its obvious that you are insane cos if not so you wont be saying this,Did you even boda to know what led to the statement of mungo park?I don't blame you the time you were suppose to use to think before typing that is the time you are using to smoke.ode oshiiiii

1 Like

Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by justtoodark: 10:53am On May 02, 2018
river naija was already their....whites discovered nothing.....

america was already their too....we blacks knew.....na we told them sef were it is......

whites are natural born liars.....just the way it is....... undecided

moors have alot of knowlege.....and they still have......

whites dont impress me.....
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by pennylland: 10:53am On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:

Of all things to worry about this is the most pressing issue on this mahizn’s mind. Trump is fighting for Christians in Nigeria while a pastor VP is having sleepless night over who discovered River Niger.

his no longer like before,they have succeeded in poisoning his mind for him to be dancing to their tone
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tabaski: 10:55am On May 02, 2018
Sodiqsoda:

Vice President , Prof Yemi Osinbajo has declared that it is total rubbish to attribute the discovery of River Niger to Mungo Park.

Osinbajo said people were already fishing in River Niger before Park’s grand father was born.

He made this comment on Tuesday at the ongoing programmed tagged The Platform.

Osinbajo, who harped on the need for Nigerians to promote their own, noted that there are many young persons from this country who have contributed intellectually to the growth of the nation.

“I tell you, it is total rubbish to say Mungo Park discovered RiverNiger. We all know that people where fishing in the River beforeMungo Park’s grandfather was born.

“This calls for the need for us to promote our own,” he said.

According to the vice president, “our business as government is to create more enabling environment for entrepreneurs to do business and create more infrastructure.

“We have to provide more jobs as more people are added to the population everyday.

“Today we are confronted with the remnants of Boko Haram with farmers/herdsmen clashes and ethno-religious conflicts,’’ he said.

Osinbajo recalled that when oil was selling for 100 to 142 dollars per barrel, the budget of Transport and Agriculture Ministries; all the ministries together got 139 billion.

“Today with oil prices between 60 and 70 dollars per barrel, the Power, Works and Housing, Agriculture and Transport Ministries got N560 billion.

“How come we can do more with less income?

“How come we are able to invest in infrastructure. How come we can do the Lagos-Kano standard rail gauge; the Second NgerBridge, with 60 per cent less income than we earned a few years ago,” he asked.

“The job of the builder is not to complain. I believe the solution is in building that Nigerian bridge.

“A bridge that will be built on the strongest materials of all and to excel in our commitment to build a new society.

“A bridge that connects us across tribes; across ethnicity; across dialects; a bridge that connects us across religion; across politics; and across even generations.

“Everyone of us can travel on this bridge. A bridge that rises from innovation and traditions and stands the troubled waters of our past.

“A bridge that can take the traffic of all our best Nigerians and creativity; and human and materials to the destination of our dream.”

READ MORE: http://www.genloaded.com.ng/mungo-park-did-not-discover-river-niger-prof-yemi-osinbajo/
Fela don talk am before nah
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by colossus91(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:

Of all things to worry about this is the most pressing issue on this man’s mind. Trump is fighting for Christians in Nigeria while a pastor VP is having sleepless night over who discovered River Niger.

last time it was whose jellof rice was the sweetest!!
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by positivethought: 11:10am On May 02, 2018
Imagine a professor talking,did those people fishing it long before Mungo park knew the source and route of the river with it tributaries?,you will never hear osibanjo speaking to defend Christian interest despite all the on going killings only to be forming sabi sabi over mundane n inconsequential issues.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by BioTeck: 11:13am On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:

I have read and read again and again your stupid response to a great speech but I'm yet to see what or why some unthinking and like-minded people like you are clicking the like button on your lackluster response. Very lazy indeed.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:33am On May 02, 2018
Biety:

the joke is on you.

continue attending "platform" where they talk without head ways and implementation
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:36am On May 02, 2018
I Humbly and patiently learnt something new today.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by fyneguy: 11:45am On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:

You are the ediot here.

This statement was culled from his speech which covered other areas.

This is commonsense. Use it!

1 Like

Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by mbos: 11:49am On May 02, 2018
IS MUNGO PARK THE REASON FOR POOR DREDGING OF THE NIGER
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:56am On May 02, 2018
Esseite:

Its obvious you dont practice what you preach.

Answer:

Because our debt between 1914 and 2015 was N12trillion

Our debt between 2015 and 2018 is an added N10trillion with more borrowings in the offing.

Now Mr VP, does the debt measure up with the unseen infrastructure you claimed to have disbursed to ministries?

A wonderful analysis!
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by mperoakeem(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2018
Blackfire:
Even mungo park is not spared APC misplacement of priority.

If this topic made Front page i will personally slap a DPO in his office today.
Alright, do the needful or you're a coward. Photo proof abeg
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by maxzzo1(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2018
I hope VP is referring to his boss

Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by omokab: 1:09pm On May 02, 2018
Obijulius:

I know buari can never say something he does nt have knowledge about it. This is one of the post to show a youth as been lazy. If truly you read why he said mungo park never discovered river niger that people were fishing there before his forefather was born is just to discourage lies and encourage our people to believe in what we have.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by MrFly(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2018
Short man with short mentality
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Zeroid105: 1:47pm On May 02, 2018
transformed:
A lot of unintelligent and lazy youth across the bridge...atimes when one attack Buhari, and you read comments from some youths across the ailes you are ashamed of the group you seem to queue with. Osinbajo's speech today is one of the greatest by any black man, not just Nigerian. Deep and insightful.

I'm forced to believe the op didn't listen to that great speech or couldn't understand what the VP said. This is just one case out of many writeups miscreants twist to generate traffic. It has become a norm because any bad news from the govt of the day sells like hot akara. The social media has a big negative toll on our society. Many are even too "lazy" to check facts, read before commenting.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by gwama: 1:51pm On May 02, 2018
Even America, the Indians lived there before the arrival of Christopher Colombe. cool cool
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Icon79(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2018
My brotha, you have said it all! To add anything else would be most uncivilized.

O pari

Obijulius:

Lots of insane people supporting an insane VP in the mentions.
Re: Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2018
adecz:
"People were already fishing on it"

Did they know the name of the river?

All along the course of the river in
West Africa, ppl gave this same river
different names like Nigré, Joliba, Kora, ( bastardized to Kwara), Yoruba, Igbo & delta communities called it
different names etc, without knowing it was the same river.

It was oyibo that discovered its source, course & exit. undecided

A so-called senior 'learned' gentleman
in an esteemed position of authority
making such an ignorant statement.... sad sad sad

My brother I tire for my country o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

KWAM 1 Performs Live At APC Campaign Headquarters / Explosion Hits Senate Gashu, Yobe. One Feared Dead, Many Injured / Osinbajo: Why Buhari Appointed Usman Alkali As Nigeria’s New Police Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.