Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY (28552 Views)

Dino Melaye: 'Police Want Kill Me By Forcefully Taking Me To Lokoja' / Dino Melaye To FG: "I Will Fight You With My Last Drop Of Blood" / Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Islie: 8:49am On May 02, 2018
Yekini Jimoh in Lokoja

The Nigeria Police have perfected plans to move the embattled senator representing Kogi West senatorial district, Dino Melaye, to Lokoja to face trial for an alleged illegal firearms possession and arming of political thugs.

THISDAY reliably gathered yesterday that Melaye might be flown to Lokoja, the Kogi State capital, today (Wednesday) in a police helicopter after same attempt to transport the embattled lawmaker by road to Lokoja last Tuesday failed.

Melaye, who is currently admitted at the National Hospital Abuja after sustaining injuries while resisting his forced movement to Lokoja by the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), last Saturday overcame his recalled process as the people of his senatorial district refused to recall him.

He is the first Nigerian lawmaker to survive a recall move, which was apparently instigated and heavily financed by the Kogi State Government.

Reliable sources close to The State Police Command disclosed to THISDAY that the plan to take the senator to Lokoja for the second time would take place today (Wednesday) and the means had changed from land to air transport for “security reasons.”

It was gathered that the latest move by the police is contrary to medical advice from the authorities of the National Hospital in Abuja, a similar scenario that played out last Tuesday night at Zankli Hospital where Melaye was initially hospitalised, a development which led to the arrest of a medical doctor and Melaye’s younger brother.

According to Sources at the hospital, Melaye was not medically fit to be taken away to any location for now.

The embattled senator had earlier cried out that some people want to assassinate him for the crime he did not commit.

However, the case is billed for hearing in Abuja as directed by the acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Abdul Kafarati.

Meanwhile, all effort to speak with the Police Public Relations Officer of Kogi State Police Command, Mr. William Ayah, to comment on the issue proved abortive as his phone line could not be reached by THISDAY.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/02/police-set-to-forcibly-move-melaye-to-lokoja-with-helicopter/

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Firefire(m): 8:51am On May 02, 2018
Useless and super clueless party.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by DuruCrusher(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2018
Pls i'm not in support of this move oh....

He's suicidal ..
Let him not jump off that Helicopter while airborne oh

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by lecowas: 9:24am On May 02, 2018
They should just let this guy be, since the case has been transferred to the Federal High court, Abuja...why must they forcefully take him to kogi state. ( Seems he has stepped on some bigger toes than we know)

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Evablizin(f): 9:27am On May 02, 2018
DuruCrusher:
Pls am not in support of this move oh....

He's suicidal ..
Hehehehehehehehe,singer Dino wouldn't try such. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Shalomc(f): 9:34am On May 02, 2018
angry
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Fuadeiza(m): 9:56am On May 02, 2018
shocked

Let's see how this plays out

1 Like

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Profitbase: 10:05am On May 02, 2018
They should leave Dino melaye alone. Let them go and fight Fulani herdsmen.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Nobody: 11:48am On May 02, 2018

Let's see how he will jump from helicopter this time around.

I know this is a battle of supremacy between him and Bello.

The drama is just beginning, series of things will still unfold

4 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by anyimontana(m): 11:48am On May 02, 2018
Atleast he can't jump out of helicopter window,unless he has decided to meet his maker from there

4 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by slimpoppa(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2018
are you serious?
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Nobody: 11:49am On May 02, 2018
Thought his case has been moved to Abuja?
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by DonMoga(m): 11:49am On May 02, 2018
AJE KU IYA NU JE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Georgekyrian(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2018
Make they free this man oo

1 Like

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by docadams: 11:50am On May 02, 2018
VIP (Very Importanr Prisoner)reatment

1 Like

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by TheFreeOne: 11:50am On May 02, 2018
Why Lokoja when his case file has been transferred to Abuja?

The disgrace Bello will get from this Dino wahala is loading in ajekun iya style.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by papauju(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2018
Nigeria is just a joke, look at what a senator and the police are doing, shame on you guys

2 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by melvinjames: 11:50am On May 02, 2018
Yahaya Bello with help from Bubu is intent on killing Dino.

8 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by adekennis(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2018
I can't believe Dino still forming sick till now...Used to think nigga got steel balls..What a coward,he just remain silent on hospital bed..How long will he do that for?

13 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Nobody: 11:51am On May 02, 2018
May God punish Britain for granting us independence o. NPF wont use helicopter to chase offa robbers or herdsmen, na Dino. Mtcheeew

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by dapsoneh: 11:51am On May 02, 2018
U wqn make the guy fly from helicopter ni
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by johnime: 11:51am On May 02, 2018
Eating too much sugary stuff can ruin your teeth and lead to diabetes. Likewise sampling too many beautiful women can ruin your life and lead to diabolical things. Select one that moves your body and soul and settle down. It leads to a more fulfilled life

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by kpaofame: 11:51am On May 02, 2018
wink

Hehehe

This is really a series...lemme grab my Garium Sulphate(no popcorn) and groundnut...

Lets see if it will be like Escape from Sobibor ....

grin grin grin
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by Olukat(m): 11:51am On May 02, 2018
Dino enjoying the change he insulted and abused GEJ for.
Karma? shocked
Let Dino obey the police and move to Lokoja
I know the case won't last, nobody can substantiate he was involved in any crime.
Dino's crime is known to be calling the deaf dullard to be responsible to his office and duty angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by adisabarber(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
This is how they will make this man get people's sympathy

5 Likes

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
Helicopter wey dem no fit deploy for Offa robbery,
Jokers in clown outfits

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
DuruCrusher:
Pls am not in support of this move oh....

He's suicidal ..
...I'm...

1 Like

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by hadjipapiey(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
...........and the drama continues tongue tongue tongue tongue

Dino the Dinosaur grin grin
Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by ipobarecriminals: 11:52am On May 02, 2018
angry undecided sad sad awon alaseju baba asete. Una wan kill Ajekuiya /ntor one..Leave him alone. Bello is a BASTARD

1 Like

Re: Police To Move Dino Melaye To Lokoja With Helicopter By Force - THISDAY by clefstone(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2018
The Dino Melaye saga is a case of the chicken coming home to roost. I watched the APC primaries live in 2014 and Mr Melaye was the MC of the day. It was a tragedy seeing a thug mc an occasion of such significance and aired on national TV. Dino's choice of words and his body language left much to be desired but since APC was a party formed to wrestle power at any cost, the likes of Bihari and Tinubu watched on with evil amusement. Today the chicken has come he to roost and these same actors are crying foul

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Anointing People At Government House Chapel Owerri (Photos) / Buhari Misunderstood King Charles — And Burns Nigeria On His Way Out - Kperogi / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.