Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan (21826 Views)

I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants / Senate Can’t Summon IGP - Falana / Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by 10Ebisco: 12:58pm On May 02, 2018
The Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, says the issue of impeaching President Muhammadu Buhari has been laid to rest.

Lawan said the United States, US, President, Donald Trump’s confirmation that his country received $496m from Nigeria for fighter jets, has put the issue of impeaching Buhari to rest.

Speaking with Daily Trust, the Senator noted that impeaching the president holds no weight because “we didn’t lose money as a country.”

The lawmaker insisted that Buhari cannot be impeached for taking an “action to save Nigerians.”

According to Lawan, “I don’t know what the committee will report. I will rather guess but this committee is a representative of the senate and indeed the national assembly. So, since it has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US treasury and President Trump has also confirmed it, I think this has laid the matter to rest.

“I’m not sure there was any serious motion for the impeachment of the President. If anybody did that, I’m sure the person misunderstood the entire process of parliamentary scrutiny

“My understanding of parliamentary scrutiny is to ensure that no public resources and money are lost. The release of $496m for the purchase of Super Tucano by the President has shown that no money was lost; more especially when the President of the US, Donald Trump, in discussion with the president said the American government is in receipt of the money. That goes further to confirm that we didn’t lose money as a country.

“So we really have not lost anything and I think this should give consolation to everybody because the fear will always be that someone took advantage and money was lost.

“How can we impeach the president for taking action to save Nigerians? It has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US government.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/why-senate-cant-impeach-buhari-senator.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by samsononyilo(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2018
We know already, it is not possible..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by KehnnyCares(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2018
God bless everyone behind the Jet project. Even if Buhari will be voted out in 2019, we don't need to see or tag him and his administration with false corruption claim.

The man has tried in his own capacity, even with less trust and media support.

77 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by jojomario(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2018
Buhari has no trust in the senators and honourables. If it's true Trump acknowledged the said figure, it's a good process. Those crooks in the house will inflate the figure for their pocket sake if taken through them.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by kingxsamz(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2018
Like for Atiku,
Share for Buhari.

40 Likes 167 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by OkoNDOoBo: 1:20pm On May 02, 2018
Don't tell us what we know already.
Impeachment motion was bore out of the fact that house of assembly feel cheated because they could not add their own money to the said amount inorder to inflate price and thereby receive kickback from the procurement ministrygrin
The thing pain them no be small

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by docadams: 1:25pm On May 02, 2018
Hmmmmm

The poster above has said my mind. He missed adding that the NASS coacroaches have all been destined for the garbage dumb come 2019.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by inoki247: 4:20pm On May 02, 2018
pvc will impeach him and if pVc cant Do it i prayer Thunder do it...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 02, 2018
$500M for fighter jet, i wonder if we are at war. Jets that won't be used to fight killer herdsmen or boko haram

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by idrisolaide(m): 4:20pm On May 02, 2018
cool cool
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Canadamigrate: 4:21pm On May 02, 2018
It's very rare to see the president impeached in Africa.

People are moving to Canada for better life

11 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by RealDannie(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2018
Initial GRA-GRA

Fight for your pockets is what our leaders do, If i'm not going to benefit from it then it's not happening.
That's how they role.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by tayebest(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2018
kingxsamz:
Like for Atiku,

Share for Buhari.

Buhari our main man! cool
Buhari for the people! cool

Check out what Prof. wole Soyinka said. he just threw stone at Atiku! grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by kinibigdeal(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2018
jojomario:
Buhari has no trust in the senators and honourables. If it's true Trump acknowledged the said figure, it's a good process. Those crooks in the house will inflate the figure for their pocket sake if taken through them.

Trump did not acknowledge the amount he only acknowledge that Nigeria bought Helicopters from US

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by progress69: 4:22pm On May 02, 2018
Lol.
I made this arguement, and the thread went on to the 8th page. Bitter hateful people kept on blabbing and shouting constitution.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Runaway: 4:24pm On May 02, 2018
If the President can by-pass the National assembly to appropriate money, why then do we need the national assembly?

8 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Olukat(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2018
A senator talking like a fool angry
Paying and going to the country to confirm is the new standard now?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by carpmam: 4:25pm On May 02, 2018
Even though we know its not possible, they for at least try to impeach him, it will put d fear factor in him and make him more Democratic next time
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by abumeinben(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2018
Nay!
Just imagine the state of this advanced youth.

Lawan said the United States, US, President, Donald Trump’s confirmation that his country received $496m from Nigeria for fighter jets, has put the issue of impeaching Buhari to rest.

Buhari has been known for breaking protocols, or worse, he isn't aware of protocols. Even his employees won't respect protocols. Ask IGP.

Just because the US acknowledged reception, should we now start dipping hands into ECA without the approval of NASS?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by DonMoga(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2018
IF NOT NIGERIA'S CAPITAL CITY WILL BE MOVE TO KATSINA

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by 6660M0666: 4:25pm On May 02, 2018
That it is impossible for the House of Senate, more like 'Home of Touts', to impeach Buhari has always been obvious.

With the level of crookedness amongst the senators and the worthlessness of most of their endeavors, they should never have dreamt of that notion.

The matter is similar to the Biblical Parable of a man trying to remove a speck from the eyes of his neighbour even though he himself is bespectacled with a LOG OF TREE.

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by freshboi88: 4:26pm On May 02, 2018
kinibigdeal:

Trump did not acknowledge the amount he only acknowledge that Nigeria bought Helicopters from US

Kip quayet der

4 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by BedLam: 4:26pm On May 02, 2018
Let me tell all of you one thing. Even if the house impeaches him do you think the Army Chief and police let that happen ? That's why the dullard have his kinsmen everywhere

The result will be a full blown autocratic Buhari and he will use that minute to clear all of his perceived threats like Saraki and the rest .

Y'all get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Balet: 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
kinibigdeal:

U can go and ask Trump how much Nigeria paid naa

3 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by congorasta: 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
k
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by anibestlala(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
10Ebisco:
The Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, says the issue of impeaching President Muhammadu Buhari has been laid to rest.

Speaking with Daily Trust, the Senator noted that impeaching the president holds no weight because “we didn’t lose money as a country.”

The lawmaker insisted that Buhari cannot be impeached for taking an “action to save Nigerians.”

According to Lawan, “I don’t know what the committee will report. I will rather guess but this committee is a representative of the senate and indeed the national assembly. So, since it has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US treasury and President Trump has also confirmed it, I think this has laid the matter to rest.

“I’m not sure there was any serious motion for the impeachment of the President. If anybody did that, I’m sure the person misunderstood the entire process of parliamentary scrutiny

“My understanding of parliamentary scrutiny is to ensure that no public resources and money are lost. The release of $496m for the purchase of Super Tucano by the President has shown that no money was lost; more especially when the President of the US, Donald Trump, in discussion with the president said the American government is in receipt of the money. That goes further to confirm that we didn’t lose money as a country.

“So we really have not lost anything and I think this should give consolation to everybody because the fear will always be that someone took advantage and money was lost.

“How can we impeach the president for taking action to save Nigerians? It has been confirmed that the money has been paid to the US government.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/why-senate-cant-impeach-buhari-senator.html
Seems there a cheap cigar buhari apologists smoke that make them turn the law upside down to defend buhari. The law says the President needs approval from the NASS to spend such amount of money and not whether the money was for a good purpose or not.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by love2love: 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
In that case the president can go on spending as he wishes without following due process provided the recipients confirm they got the money. We could as well just erase that part of the Constitution and remove all breaks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
That's none of my business. I have my PVC 2019.

Need a clean website design for your business? Check my signature. No advanced payment required.
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Nigeman: 4:28pm On May 02, 2018
OkoNDOoBo:
Don't tell us what we know already.
Impeachment motion was bore out of the fact that house of assembly feel cheated because they could not add their own money to the said amount inorder to inflate price and thereby receive kickback from the procurement ministrygrin
The thing pain them no be small

House of Assembly Kwa?
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by luckyogor(m): 4:28pm On May 02, 2018
Cows will always be cows,dogs will always be dogs,slaves will always be slaves,ahmed lawan,we already know u r a slave,it is because o people like u that kanye said that over 4 decades of slavery was a choice,fucking legislative northern cow.
Re: Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan by Beehshorp(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2018
They can't impeach him because if they dare do, he would open their file and pull a melaye and a dasuki on them... Also his brothers of the miyetti Allah congregation might decide to stop rearing cows and start rearing human beings

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects FG’s Latest Offer, Crisis Looms / A Visitor To Onitsha Marveled At The Concentration Of Highrise Buildings / Okebata: The Nigerian Army Burnt My House And Killed My Wife In Izombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.