Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,590 members, 7,770,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

Making A Very Fluffy Cake? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Making A Very Fluffy Cake? (179884 Views)

Secrets To Baking A Very Very Fluffy Cake. / Are There Bakers in D House?how Can I Make Fluffy N Light Cake / Pls How Can I Make My Cake More Soft/fluffy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by mamagee6(f): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
Cakes taste Yummy. kiss kiss
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by chiejik(f): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
nice topic
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Epi: 6:04am On Nov 26, 2009
I am baking this right now tongue
amaka1:

This one is a little more involved ( Separating eggs and all) butis guaranteed to be fluffy and light

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
7 egg yolks
3/4 cup cold water
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon or orange peel
1 cup egg whites (about 7)
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
PREPARATION:
Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of sifted dry ingredients; add oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla, and lemon peel. Stir with a spoon or beat on low speed until smooth.
In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff peaks form. Pour egg yolk mixture over whites, gently folding with a rubber spatula just until blended. Do not stir or beat.

Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325° for 55 minutes; increase heat to 350° and continue baking for 10 minutes longer. Invert pan over bottle or position between two pans or racks so the pan hangs without touching the table. Loosen sides gently with spatula to remove from pan. Frost with fluffy frosting or chocolate frosting, or a lemon frosting variation.

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by spoilt(f): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2009
My cakes are straight from the pre mixed boxes. I just add the water and eggs and stick it in the oven. Comes out perfect. I do not do sufferhead of any sort. grin
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Epi: 6:19am On Nov 26, 2009
spoilt:

My cakes are straight from the pre mixed boxes. I just add the water and eggs and stick it in the oven. Comes out perfect. I do not do sufferhead of any sort. grin
DWL grin grin it's the reason why I have to bake this cake. Earlier this week I saw this simple betty crocker recipe and decided to try it for Thanksgiving. Come today, I can't find the damn recipe. For kicks, I say, let me try a Nigerian cake recipe but everytime I google Nigerian cake recipe, I am directed to this forum. Am like "gawd damn it, no matter how I try to stay away from this God forbidden site - I am coming back one way or the other angry angry
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by spoilt(f): 6:20am On Nov 26, 2009
My dear make you go buy pilsbury cake mix. Your thanks giving cake will be ready with 20 whisks of your mix!
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Epi: 4:33am On Nov 27, 2009
This cake is the bomb. Talk about the orange zest flavor tongue. They thought it was a box cake and couldn't believe I made it from scratch. How dare they?
Nice recipe Amaka1! (Perfect measurement)

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by agathamari(f): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2009
dont mix it too much! use applesauce in place of oil if you can get it (makes cake healthier too) if not add like a tablespoon of iceing to the batter
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Jullyai: 12:35am On Dec 06, 2009
There'a lady who runs Cakeflair,
www.cakeflair.net, she is an excellent teacher when it comes to anything cakes. She runs a blog on cake making as well
with very good hints here and there.
The blog is called www.julietbakes..com
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Cupidkc(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
Plz house cn sm1 tell me the meanin of 'foldin' in d flour. Also hw cn I attract air to d mixture,to enhance arising of the cake. Thanks.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by agathamari(f): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
Cupidkc:

Plz house cn sm1 tell me the meanin of 'foldin' in d flour. Also hw cn I attract air to d mixture,to enhance arising of the cake. Thanks.
folding holds in the air. dont stir it. the more youstir it the more air escapes. To fold the lighter mixture is placed on top of the heavier one in a large bowl. Starting at the back of the bowl, a rubber spatula is used to cut down vertically through the two mixtures, across the bottom of the bowl and up the nearest side. The bowl is rotated a quarter turn with each series of strokes. This down-across-up-and-over motion gently turns the mixtures over on top of each other, combining them in the process.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by yetundef8(f): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2010
Hi all,

Making a fluffy cake just like that of cakes and cream. contact me 08028481887. yetundefash@yahoo.com.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Cupidkc(m): 4:14am On Dec 04, 2010
what are u baking ds xmas,
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Saddam: 1:48am On Dec 20, 2010
Start Printing picture on cakes like Ben 10, Hannah Montana

call 01 7328442

The Complete System and Package consists of

1 unit Canon IP3600 printer = 25,000

25 sheets A4 Edible Frosting Sheet = 10,000

5 sets Edible Ink Printing = 15,000

Total Cost = 50,000

1 Like

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by ayabam: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2011
Just wanted to find out where to get the excel sponge and the procedure for its use.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by ayabam: 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2011
Can someone tell me the cake flavour used by most eateries,i think most of their cakes taste nice.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 23, 2011
Two things I do:

1. Usually when you're baking a cake, you have to either cream butter and sugar, or cream oil and sugar. Don't just mix them together until they're incorporated. Mix them until they are well-blended. WELL-BLENDED smiley

2. I don't know where you are, but here in the States, they sell Softasilk Cake Flour. It's specialized for making cakes fluffier. If you don't have cake flour where you are, sifting the normal flour you use twice or three times should suffice.

1 Like

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by koolchicco: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2011
ayabam:

Can someone tell me the cake flavour used by most eateries,i think most of their cakes taste nice.

It depends on the location(ur state of residence).

From here, I think its mostly Vanilla and Chocolate. undecided
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2011
koolchicco:

It depends on the location(your state of residence).

From here, I think its mostly Vanilla and Chocolate. undecided

Hmm yeah. Those are the two basic flavors really and very few people dislike them. They never fail so I'd have to agree.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by koolchicco: 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2011
ogugua88:

Hmm yeah. Those are the two basic flavors really and very few people dislike them. They never fail so I'd have to agree.

Yup ur right, I rarely see anyone that dislikes 'em.

I quite like 'em tho I seldom eat 'em but made some for my friends yesterday and they really loved it.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by eldido(f): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2011
A key to making it nice and fluffy are the ingredients (as everyone else has said) - Baking powder usually does the trick - I usually use about 1 tsp for an average sized cake.

Also, It's really important to ensure that the oven is at the right temperature BEFORE you put the cake in (and of course not to open the oven during baking)

Hallogen ovens are really good for that because it evenly distributes the heat and you can see exactly what's going on in them - I do cakes in mine all the time and its really quick!

Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by yetundef8(f): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2011
Hi all,
Making a fluffy cake is very easy and simple just like that of Cakes and Cream, 3 minute mix in all, you dont need to cream too much or use excess butter. contact me @ yetundefash@yahoo.com, 08028481887.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by eldido(f): 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2011
So, we baked it last night.

Was just craving cake and made a batch of sponge cake bites:

200g Butter
200g Flour
200g Sugar
200g Egg

So simple and sooo delicious.

Posted a step by step recipe with pics of every statge on the blog, so check it out:

http://www.eldido.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=88
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by chefmerbel: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2011
i will rather eat moist cakes than fluffy once because they can be dry.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by ritahoney: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2011
my cake always come out like garri, it dose't gum like the ones i have seen. can anybody help me please
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by koolchicco: 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2011
ritahoney:

my cake always come out like garri, it dose't gum like the ones i have seen. can anybody help me please
grin grin I just couldn't help laughing. Soz!

I dunno, maybe you aint using the appropriate measure of a particular ingredient, to wit, yeast. undecided
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by ritahoney: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
hi, this is not a laughing matter if you have any suppot please help becuse i have try all the reciep it still come out light . I have seen a nigeria very tick and nice, meybe there is a secret i don't know.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by mmobama: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
ritahoney:

i couldn't help but laugh too but i actually registered on nairaland so i could help you out i guess you mix your cakes with hand and you change the direction of your mixing after adding the eggs thats why,there's no trick only that once you add the eggs make sure you mix in just one direction
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by esosaidow: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
amaka thanks for your post. i hope to try out ur recipie with cream of tartar.
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by jcbolajy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
amaka thx alot for ur generousity can i get a recipe for pan cake, cookies, shawama n fliffy cake
Re: Making A Very Fluffy Cake? by Aduns(f): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2013
pls my fellow nairaland memmber,am hospitality student 200level and they ve not taught us cake decoration and i want to decorate my birthday cake myself pls help me out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reach The Moderator Here - Complaints~ Feedbacks~ Suggestions / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.