Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima (11730 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Smi1(m): 11:46pm On May 21, 2010
bunch of shameless folks !!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 12:01am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

is very unfortunate that some people in here are very repulsive at the sound of the name NORTH or ISLAM. its been long since i visited NL because of all these.

HATERS, thats the word am gonna use for such guys in here. why dont you get over it and grow up.

what Yerima did is not contrary to Islamic teaching and i better marry up my child at 13 than to allow her have it the illegal ways like MANY OF US HERE. we cant deny the truth that Islamic world is more chaste than the western world, and many people cannot bear the jealousy because we refuse to make the mistake they did by accepting the western IMMORAL culture and leaving their own clean ones.

what ever tribe u belong in Nigeria, u grew up hiding away all the indecent activities u commit from your parents, thats because it is not in our culture.

5 Questions Please:

1. Why did the marriage not take place in Egypt, considering they are almost a fully Islamic country?

2. Does Islam not prescribe 3 conditions for marriage, one of which is the maturity to handle the issues that come with it; of which VVF can be included in this century?

3. Do the moral values of Islam support acts that is common knowledge to have the potential of destroying another person's life, when it could be avoided without any religious laws broken?

4. If Northern Nigeria really meant well with Sharia, why do we have a bunch of one-handed teenage boys begging ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, while thieving politicians are divorcing more minors and adding new ones to their list? I would expect them to contribute to the development of the country with the enforcement of their stealing laws across board without fear, as it has a religious inclination; afterall Islam does not preach selective justice.

5. Are the same immoral values you refer to not happening in the North? So what is that is going there then, a mix of western immorality with paedophilia under the comfortable cover of religion?

I agree with you some people are not objective in their hate of the north, but if you really ponder on these questions, you would understand the reason you should be cursing some of your leaders now. They have succeeded in blinding your perspective of this religion it is painful, and they are just using it for selfish gains. But who suffers? The poor girls who have no parents to stand for them, and the poor little boys who have to steal little things to be able to eat due the hard conditions inflicted by their leadership!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bidemi12(m): 12:15am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

is very unfortunate that some people in here are very repulsive at the sound of the name NORTH or ISLAM. its been long since i visited NL because of all these.

HATERS, thats the word am gonna use for such guys in here. why dont you get over it and grow up.

what Yerima did is not contrary to Islamic teaching and i better marry up my child at 13 than to allow her have it the illegal ways like MANY OF US HERE. we cant deny the truth that Islamic world is more chaste than the western world, and many people cannot bear the jealousy because we refuse to make the mistake they did by accepting the western IMMORAL culture and leaving their own clean ones.

what ever tribe u belong in Nigeria, u grew up hiding away all the indecent activities u commit from your parents, thats because it is not in our culture.

See what I mean? I am really confused. Why is it that most of the people who practice Islam from the north are morons? Like the above poster. Somebody please enlighten me. How he/she can see nothing wrong with someone marrying a 13 year old girl in this day and age is completely baffling to me. O God, I’m having another migraine again because of posters like this.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by PurestBoy(m): 12:37am On May 22, 2010
Where are all the Moosli NLders loving this thread?? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-442722.0.html
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by samdigo(m): 1:08am On May 22, 2010
dat senator is a rapist
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by TrueNaija1: 1:24am On May 22, 2010
You see the truth is we should always call a spade a spade. The Egyptian girl is a child. I am sure if Yerima has daughters none of them were or will be married by 17. The people who are in support of this evil act should answer this? Just close your eyes and imagine if it were your sister or daughter. A 13 year old who is supposed to be in Junior secondary would you allow such an unfortunate incident to happen to her.  A 60 year old man comes to steal her innocence.

Don't know if it is true but heard Yerima divorced his child bride of 2 years ago. I read she is still a teenager. It is sad and sick that he can take advantage of the poor girl and her poor parents.

Pple like bashdecash, you do not have to start to call people haters. what is wrong is wrong. Don't be blind to the fact like the Muslim group did you should know better than to hide under the guise of religion. After all the President of the National Council of Women Societies ( who is leading the fight against this injustice) is a Muslim woman Why can't he have the girl betrothed to him till she is 18 and her body is more developed. That does not seem right to me either but its lesser of the 2 evils. Did the girl even agree to the marriage.

You see thats the problem with our North we never tell ourselves the truth instead we rally round ourselves to promote anything under the guise of the north (maintaining the north) , culture , religion and all. I have said this over and over again we carry last for everything. Education, Telecoms, oil and gas, banking, business (only Dangote is a major player in bussiness that did not steal Government money).

You seem to wonder why the north is clamouring for the presidency (when UMY was sick, dying and died). The simple reason is the contracts and federal vote they will loot for themselves, use to cause problems and oppress people. Oppress mostly the northerners.

That is why when people start talking logic  Bash comes up with haters. Man you need to shine your eye and hold our northern leaders accountable for the curses they have placed upon us. Thats why heroes like Rufai and Ribadu can never be loved in the north. They did not steal plenty money to come and be throwing 5 Naira for the masses to catch.

Let me not deviate much. I never start on the cases of maternal mortality, VVF and the under 20 girls in the north who had their lives destroyed under the pretence of culture and religion embarassed cry sad angry
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by desktop: 1:53am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

[b]Youre a bleeping retard to support this level of stupidity trying to use Islam as a cover. As a muslim i am extremely ashamed of what this man has done.
The fact he wears a beard and claims to be a muslim and unfortunately holds a public office, what if hes a bleeding sociopath with access to funds does that mean everything he does is right? i cant believe you would come out here and try to justify such stupidity and try to claim cos you dont want your child to do a wrong you would marry her off, once again i say this with absolutely no reservations you are a sick retard, why not kill the child at birth just to ensure she never has the opportunity to commit any sin whatsoever on earth?, God! Its people like you who make us look bad.
This act is despicable any how you choose to look at it and i hope the marriage is not only annulled but this shameless man is brought to book.
One more thing though we in Nigeria look at it from the religious point of view whether northern muslim or whatever, issue here is the international community look at it as a Nigerian. Technically, we need to stop pointing fingers but collectively renounce this ugly incidence and man because in some way we are all Nigerians.[/b]
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 2:29am On May 22, 2010
I marvel at the stupidity of the human race

Obeying stupid rules set by deluded self-gratifying people

That's why i don't believe anything I'm told. I form my own opinion of things in life and act thus.

If I were a Muslim and one of those stinking old men come near my young daughters, I'll cut off their d.icks

Twisted, Perverted old men.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by zubeyr(m): 2:32am On May 22, 2010
Please don't turn this to a religious war by jumping to false conclusion and brushing all northerners as ignorants do u really think that all Nigerian xtians are well educated and bright ? I don't think so  ignorance prevail along the religious divide in both community and we shouldn't forget   that the  attendance of secondary education in Nigeria as whole is only 29% according to the UNDP also it is sad that some Muslims ma lams are trying to justify marrying under age children's we should separate the culture from Islam it has more to do with Hausa culture than Islam itself however the anthropological methodology teach people to remove one social frame of reference when examining someone culture each culture has her own tradition for Xtian to think that their acceptability or believe or criteria  count for Muslim is ludicrous  Islam and xtianity are different in their essence basic and tenants we can disagree in civil manner and respect each other and express our views with an intelligent approach A bon entendeur messieurs et Madames
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 2:33am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

Like I said, I marvel at the stupidity of the human race.

Seriously, can anyone be more deluded than this guy?

And how is Islam more chaste? Your quran says one thing and you do the opposite

In fact, my most immoral friend is a moslem. Go figure.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 2:48am On May 22, 2010
zubeyr:

Please don't turn this to a religious war by jumping to false conclusion and brushing all northerners as ignorants do u really think that all Nigerian xtians are well educated and bright ? I don't think so  ignorance prevail along the religious divide in both community and we shouldn't forget   that the  attendance of secondary education in Nigeria as whole is only 29% according to the UNDP also it is sad that some Muslims ma lams are trying to justify marrying under age children's we should separate the culture from Islam it has more to do with Hausa culture than Islam itself however the anthropological methodology teach people to remove one social frame of reference when examining someone culture each culture has her own tradition for Xtian to think that their acceptability or believe or criteria  count for Muslim is ludicrous  Islam and xtianity are different in their essence basic and tenants we can disagree in civil manner and respect each other and express our views with an intelligent approach A bon entendeur messieurs et Madames

Please where does this culture derive from? Because the people have been psyched and they idolise saudi arabia in everything they do.

And yes the UNDP secondary school education says 29%, but who needs to go to secondary school to smell the stench from the female ward in the government hospitals all over the north filled with horrible cases of those unfortunate girls with destroyed urethras? And don't you think the early marriage is even one of the causes of this low index considering a lot of these girls have their lives mapped out before they have a second to think about it?

Leadership my friend, leadership! Don't blame culture. . .lets be objective enough and tell the truth. The earlier the better, things are only getting worse!!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Princek12(m): 2:54am On May 22, 2010
These Northern Muslims have shown that they do not intend to abide by the Constitution of Nigeria but follow Sharia Law. These Muslims never cease to stir up some kind of drama, whether it is religious violence or marrying underage girls, it is always something, and they justify these morally repulsive behaviors with the passages in "The Holy Koran." God help Nigeria.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by benabbey(m): 3:00am On May 22, 2010
Surah 4 - Al-Nisa' THE WOMEN
004.001 O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single Person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- Fear God, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for God ever watches over you.

004.002 To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance ( by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.

004.003 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

004.004 And give the women (on marriage) their dower as a free gift; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, Take it and enjoy it with right good cheer.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by benabbey(m): 3:10am On May 22, 2010
Aisha the Child Wife of Muhammad

By Ali Sina
The thought of an old man becoming aroused by a child is one of the most disturbing thoughts that makes us cringe as it reminds us of pedophilia and the most despicable people. It is difficult to accept that the Holy Prophet married Aisha when she was 6-years-old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'
Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88
Narrated 'Ursa:
[s]The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).[/s]
Some Muslims claim that it was Abu Bakr who approached Muhammad asking him to marry his daughter. This is of course not true and here is the proof.
Sahih Bukhari 7.18
Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by hardywaltz(m): 3:10am On May 22, 2010
We really need to go our separate ways in this country. When it comes to stealing oil in the Niger Delta through Land Use act, the North advises the youths to fight through constitutional means rather than picking up arms.
Now the these Malus are telling you they don't have to obey the constitution, the Niger Deltan should start obeying their "tin gods" who bestowed the land and its resources on them rather than the constitution.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by blaksril(m): 3:46am On May 22, 2010
Religion, the opium of the masses. To hell wit any religion dat degrades humanity. Screw it all.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by zubeyr(m): 3:58am On May 22, 2010
the prophet was not acting outside the norms of the society in  which he lived  it was very normal age at that time it is the modern society that extended the age and during the crusade the xtians have childrens soldiers  age of 7 to 9 also according to oxford dictionary of the bible joseph was 90 when he married 12 yrs old mary so don't come here and talk you rubbish some xtians and orientalist have tried to make an issue out of this because of theirs narrow minds and ignorance
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bidemi12(m): 5:01am On May 22, 2010
zubeyr:

the prophet was not acting outside the norms of the society in  which he lived  it was very normal age at that time it is the modern society that extended the age and during the crusade the xtians have childrens soldiers  age of 7 to 9 also according to oxford dictionary of the bible joseph was 90 when he married 12 yrs old mary so don't come here and talk you rubbish some xtians and orientalist have tried to make an issue out of this because of theirs narrow minds and ignorance

Once again another slowpoke writes. thank God you said joseph. that was donkey years ago. we have evolved since then and know now that things like that should not be done today. we do not use the excuse that because a character from our religious belief did it once we also should follow blindly like fools. learn to use your will that God gave you to know what is right from wrong and stop behaving like p.edophiles that you are. slowpoke.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by zubeyr(m): 5:25am On May 22, 2010
@ Bidemi 12 I wonder why u hide u face I am sure u might be on warrant for drug trafficking or child molesting  I don't waste my time arguing with u r kind
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 6:06am On May 22, 2010
zubeyr:

@ Bidemi 12 I wonder why u hide u ugly face I am sure u might be on warrant for drug trafficking or child molesting I don't waste my time arguing with u r kind of monkey

It's really pathetic to see people losing an argument and resorting to name calling

Why not continue defending your child molestation? cry
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Omolulu(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2010
zubeyr:

the prophet was not acting outside the norms of the society in  which he lived  it was very normal age at that time it is the modern society that extended the age and during the crusade the xtians have childrens soldiers  age of 7 to 9 also according to oxford dictionary of the bible joseph was 90 when he married 12 yrs old mary so don't come here and talk you rubbish some xtians and orientalist have tried to make an issue out of this because of theirs narrow minds and ignorance

IS THERE A LAW OR NOT? there is, the Child Rights Act
HAS IT BEEN BROKEN BY YERIMA? yes it has, if not why is he hiding the girl's age

More irritating is the claim that he only regards the laws of Islam, Why then did he contest for a seat in the senate? why is he not in the ulama or whatever authority there is in zamfara, with the rate at which certain Northern characters are going we might have to break up, I have never supported such a move though but with characters like this one is forced to reconsider, I dare say it is not a Muslim issue but one of illiteracy, after all there have been so many muslim personalities who haven't descended so low to this paedophile's level
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2010
@ Buffo,
1- the marriage can take place anywhere. a colleague of mine did her wedding in the vatican.

2- MATURITY in ur own definition is not wt it means, ability to have intimacy comfortably is wt it means. VVF is NOT just as a result of early mariage, u can ask ur mum cos my mum told me that she got married at 14 as a fulani.

3- wt u term common knowledge is wt i dont understand.

4- i hope u understand the difference between a religious RULINGS and BREAKING it. may be d GAY catholic priest got their licence from their religion i dont know.

5- of course it happens everywhere but should we back it? Besides, we all know that it is not so common here. u can ascertain that a large percentage of corpers from the North are still virgins till they reach the camp (i took my statistics 2005).
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2010
@ Bidemi12,

thanks for calling me slowpoke, i didnt expect anything else from someone like u.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2010
@ Samdigo,

can u pls define RAPE?
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2010
@ True Naija,

I never said our leaders are credible, but u should also know that this El-Rufai is thesame man dt destroyed people's property in Abuja and sold YOUR property to individuals. how did he become a gud man? as for Ribadu, i have nothing against him but i know him to be used by ONE president to hunt down HIS opponents.

Mind u, in Islam, one dont use logic in judgement. we have a binding guide to everything and it never change.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2010
@ desktop,

thanks for calling me RETARD. u may be call urself a muslim but i doubt if u know wt is islam or atleast the ruling on the issue on hand.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2010
@Father,

i may be DELUDED as u said but i have a very gud, chaste xtian friend.  if your muslim friend is highly immoral, i wonder what u are cos it takes 2 to tango.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2010
@princek12,
u r right, we northern muslims dont have any regard for the constitution but regard the Qur'an greatly. in my case, i dont think i can quote a single sub-section in the constitution but hv memorised the holy Qur'an since wen i was 12yrs old.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

@princek12,
u r right, we northern muslims dont have any regard for the constitution but regard the Qur'an greatly. in my case, i dont think i can quote a single sub-section in the constitution but hv memorised the holy Qur'an since wen i was 12yrs old.

bashdecash:

@Father,

i may be DELUDED as u said but i have a very gud, chaste xtian friend.  if your muslim friend is highly immoral, i wonder what u are cos it takes 2 to tango.

I knew you were going to attack everyone. I was waiting my turn.

Keep on deluding yourself. And pls marry out your daughters before they're 10 yrs of age.

Who gives a hoot about a religion that produces male chauvinists, and terrorists anyway,

The world is better of without your kind.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2010
@Benabey,

thanks for the Qur'anic quotation and the Hadith, all are genuine and not fabricated. God bless u the more.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by chidichris(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2010
our problem is not islam but our kind of justice(selective justice). the yarima in question is just one out of over 50 million yarimas in nigeria and in our senate and aso rock.
non of the senators has the moral standard to judge this particular yarima.
visit all the hotels in abuja and u will see that almost all the senators and politicians have girls kept in those hotels.
the problem with this yarima is that he made his legal. what about those who are buying houses and lands, giving our govt cars and properties to their female friends?
obj slept with his daughter inlaw and no one shout because he is a christain. is it biblical for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaws or is it in our constitution for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaw? tell me now, how can obj look yarima in the face and tell him, man u fcked up?
we have more than 1 million constitutions in nigeria and cases are treated according to who u are. if obj had been treated like the dog he presented himself to be then, today the yarimas of our time will defintely have no reason not to go down.
nigerians must stop favourism and godfatherism if we must move forward.
let us leave yarima the way we left obj as both men are nigerians and shld have equal right and justice.
many nigerians are dying in jail today just because they looked at women or accused wrongly but here we have an obj and a yarima who openly misbehaved and they are rulers. shame to this thing we call our country.
all i am saying here is that it is not only about the muslims but also the christians.
if u must commit a crime in nigeria and go free, let it not be a crime against the pdp cabals as for the constitution, we have non.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by viccheny(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2010
Yerima is not alone in marrying an underaged woman. It is disgusting to hear this group rising in his defence.

Read more on this unpleasant stories:

http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=436:prophet-muhammad-holy-tradition-inspires-muslims-worldwide-to-engage-in-child-marriage-pedophilia&catid=73:brahmachari&Itemid=58

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JTF Kills 35 Boko-Haram Members In Yobe / PDP Crisis: IGP Arase, Seals Party secretariat / Reps Deputy Speaker Makes 11 Appointments [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.