Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima (11728 Views)

Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace / Leave Yarima Alone - Women Tell Naptip / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2010
chidichris:

our problem is not islam but our kind of justice(selective justice). the yarima in question is just one out of over 50 million yarimas in nigeria and in our senate and aso rock.
non of the senators has the moral standard to judge this particular yarima.
visit all the hotels in abuja and u will see that almost all the senators and politicians have girls kept in those hotels.
the problem with this yarima is that he made his legal. what about those who are buying houses and lands, giving our govt cars and properties to their female friends?
obj slept with his daughter inlaw and no one shout because he is a christain. is it biblical for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaws or is it in our constitution for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaw? tell me now, how can obj look yarima in the face and tell him, man u fcked up?
we have more than 1 million constitutions in nigeria and cases are treated according to who u are. if obj had been treated like the dog he presented himself to be then, today the yarimas of our time will defintely have no reason not to go down.
nigerians must stop favourism and godfatherism if we must move forward.
let us leave yarima the way we left obj as both men are nigerians and shld have equal right and justice.
many nigerians are dying in jail today just because they looked at women or accused wrongly but here we have an obj and a yarima who openly misbehaved and they are rulers. shame to this thing we call our country.
all i am saying here is that it is not only about the muslims but also the christians.
if u must commit a crime in nigeria and go free, let it not be a crime against the pdp cabals as for the constitution, we have non.

Dude, you're not far from the truth. Evil occurs on both sides

The only difference is this: You'll find most muslims saying it's not wrong to marry an underraged girl while almost all christians frown at it

So, basically it's a thing of religion, simple
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 8:29am On May 22, 2010
moderator, u changed my word from R, A, P, E to DESPOIL. the guy used the word, so am asking him thesame word.

@chidichris, i feel u. i like pple who think straight like this.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 8:32am On May 22, 2010
I WANT TO MARRY YE RIMA'S 13 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER, WILL HE ACCEPT ?

i WILL OFFER 100 THOUSAND NAIRA I DO NT HAVE DOLLARS[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2010
LeoMax:

I WANT TO MARRY YE RIMA'S 13 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER, WILL HE ACCEPT ?

i WILL OFFER 100 THOUSAND NAIRA I DO NT HAVE DOLLARS[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

lmbao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by chidichris(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2010
Dude, you're not far from the truth. Evil occurs on both sides

The only difference is this: You'll find most muslims saying it's not wrong to marry an underraged girl while almost all christians frown at it

So, basically it's a thing of religion, simple

@faher,
under normal circustances, we have a constitution that is supposed to be supperior to everyone but is it? the answer is no. in this forum, when the issue of obj sleeping with his daughter inlaw came up, some were quick to say is a family issue and those ones are here now to call for yarima's head.
as nigerians, we are partial in our judgements and we are not making any progress in our claimed war on corruption because we are selective.
if christains did not support obj, what punishments did the church did to obj for what he did? if the constitution is against that, what were the judicary actions against him?
we must learn to treat all evil with the same manner. as long as aso rock is bent on bad examples, there is no magic the followers can do about it.
we are following the footsteps of those who are in charge.
leadership is not a different word from lead which means - to dictate or guide and followership means nothing but to follow and with that u can only take after or come behind to be a good follower.
if obj as a leader sleeps with everything on skirt, we must do same to be good followers as is expected of us and that is what yarima is working towards so i suggest we look up to someother topics but if we consider now the right time to iron out things, let us go back to the origin of these shits and start from there.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by TrueNaija1: 9:26am On May 22, 2010
@ bashdecash
i hope u understand the difference between a religious RULINGS and BREAKING it. may be d GAY catholic priest got their licence from their religion i dont know.

You see that is the difference, the whole world had condemned the act of the  priest. Late Pope John Paul and Pope Benedict have been apologisng to the abused people as long as anyone can remember abi Nairalanders. The Catholic Church in the US has paid milions of dollars as compensation as to victims. The Catholic Church has admitted that it had a moral issue on its hand. Caused by a minority who are human beings and have failings.  That is a clear example of admitting wrongdoing, taking responsibility and being remorseful. With this the problem will be eradicated.

Why can't this happen in Yerima's case people who should really speak up are keeping quiet cos they do not want to rock the boat. Of course their own daughters will have a postgraduate from Oxford or Harvard before any man can come near them. In this case the problem can only continue.

Bringing the past does not justify anything. The Bible and Koran talked about slaves centuries ago. Why don't we still have slaves  (not illegal trafficking) working for the rich and being whipped? The answer is as the world moves forward human nature is supposed to let go of barbaric behaviours.

I have a friend from a West African country (which has a 70% Muslim population)  who shamefully admitted that in his country the alcohol sales drop drastically during Ramadan. Some times you have to be honest, frank and condemn whats condemnable at the expense of religion, ethnicity, culture or whatever.

The point I am making there are always an insignificant few who would always want do something stupid.  We should focus on that problem and not try to protect  inhuman acts.

Think about ------------------ with a 13 year old girl. The thought can make one throw up.

All religions have their problems o. You can't claim the Muslim world is chaste Go to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and see whats happening.
Try clubbing in Tunisia or Morocco the nice arab girls can follow you home if u buy them a drink. Don't get me started on the randy Arab princes in the middle east. Do you the know Afghani men and warlords have wives at home but boyfriends/sissy's on the street or in their battalion.
We live in a world full of evil. The point the majority is making on this forum is that NO CHILD be it Egyptian, Nigerian or from Planet Neptune should be taken advantage of. End of
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by TrueNaija1: 9:39am On May 22, 2010
@chidichris

OBJ as evil as his did not sleep with a 13 year old. We saw all the disgrace (forgive my English) OBJ, Gbenga and the wife were causing the OBJ family in the media. OBJ did not force himself on the woman or atleast she never said so. She is not 13. She willingly wanted to do both OBJ senior and Junior grin

Lets not loose focus here. It is the abuse of a child that is the problem. Its not even religion its common sense
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Confusion: 10:06am On May 22, 2010
Is yerimama a senator in the Nigeria senate or in the sharia senate
pls someone should tell him to go and be a cleric in the sharia court
misappropriaton of mind,brain and living
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by MsTom(f): 10:20am On May 22, 2010
Confusion:

Is yerimama a senator in the Nigeria senate or in the sharia senate
pls someone should tell him to go and be a cleric in the sharia court
misappropriaton of mind,brain and living

My point exactly. If you believe in the sharia way of life, live it to the core. Not only when it is time for marriage that you believe in sharia while all these while you are ruling/living using the western ideology. If he wants to go sharia, let him resign as a senator and be governed by the sharia law where the people would support his actions. But now as a senator in Nigeria, we the people are against his actions and hence should face the consequence. Nigeria is not governed by the sharia law. It is that simple.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 10:26am On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

@ Buffo,
1- the marriage can take place anywhere. a colleague of mine did her wedding in the vatican.

2- MATURITY in your own definition is not wt it means, ability to have intimacy comfortably is wt it means. VVF is NOT just as a result of early mariage, u can ask your mum cos my mum told me that she got married at 14 as a fulani.

3- wt u term common knowledge is wt i dont understand.

4- i hope u understand the difference between a religious RULINGS and BREAKING it. may be d GAY catholic priest got their licence from their religion i dont know.

5- of course it happens everywhere but should we back it? Besides, we all know that it is not so common here. u can ascertain that a large percentage of corpers from the North are still virgins till they reach the camp (i took my statistics 2005).

1. So its either you have not followed this story, or you choose to turn ur back on it. The marriage did not take place in egypt because their Child protection act prohibits the marriage of girls under 18 yrs old, despite the implementation of Sharia law. Now does that give an idea of which law is supreme?

2. My friend, what is the ability to have intimacy? The fact that something can go in between her legs? Is pregnancy not the consequence of sex? Is VVF not the consequence of an underdeveloped body trying to bear a child through natural means? Please educate me on the other causes of VVF as it applies to Nigeria. Constructive arguments please. Why do you sterilize your hair clipper? afterall, its not the only way to contract aids - well thats exactly what you just said! Your mum got married at 14 does not mean others who got married at 14 did not have it. No need to ask my mum cos I know enough about this already.

3. Ok, let me break it down so you can understand. Common knowledge = general knowledge. For example, if I dont have enough fuel in my car, I might not reach my destination. Same way, if I marry a child, she might not be able to handle the rigours of marriage such as child birth and her life might be destroyed, get it?!

4. What do you mean by religious ruling? Does Islam not have provision for theft? Why do they choose to go with the nigerian law for rich people? Because their people don't have the guts to put them to test on what they preach? The day I see a local government chairman's hand get cut off, Ill give them some respect.

5. This reply started very well, but then you contradicted yourself with the way it ended. Very good thing the teachings of Islam are clear on Zina. But with this your so-called statistics of virgins (only God knows how you did it, but I dont even want to go into that), assuming what you have are accurate figures, what did you think has inspired this decision to stay a virgin? If you were in camp, they definitely were not 13 yr olds there, so it is safe to say that girls can do the right thing without having to be forced into a marriage too early it destroys their lives.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 10:29am On May 22, 2010
True Naija:

@ bashdecash
i hope u understand the difference between a religious RULINGS and BREAKING it. may be d GAY catholic priest got their licence from their religion i dont know.

You see that is the difference, the whole world had condemned the act of the  priest. Late Pope John Paul and Pope Benedict have been apologisng to the abused people as long as anyone can remember abi Nairalanders. The Catholic Church in the US has paid milions of dollars as compensation as to victims. The Catholic Church has admitted that it had a moral issue on its hand. Caused by a minority who are human beings and have failings.  That is a clear example of admitting wrongdoing, taking responsibility and being remorseful. With this the problem will be eradicated.

Why can't this happen in Yerima's case people who should really speak up are keeping quiet cos they do not want to rock the boat. Of course their own daughters will have a postgraduate from Oxford or Harvard before any man can come near them. In this case the problem can only continue.

Bringing the past does not justify anything. The Bible and Koran talked about slaves centuries ago. Why don't we still have slaves  (not illegal trafficking) working for the rich and being whipped? The answer is as the world moves forward human nature is supposed to let go of barbaric behaviours.

I have a friend from a West African country (which has a 70% Muslim population)  who shamefully admitted that in his country the alcohol sales drop drastically during Ramadan. Some times you have to be honest, frank and condemn whats condemnable at the expense of religion, ethnicity, culture or whatever.

The point I am making there are always an insignificant few who would always want do something silly.  We should focus on that problem and not try to protect  inhuman acts.

Think about ------------------ with a 13 year old girl. The thought can make one throw up.

All religions have their problems o. You can't claim the Muslim world is chaste Go to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and see whats happening.
Try clubbing in Tunisia or Morocco the nice arab girls can follow you home if u buy them a drink. Don't get me started on the randy Arab princes in the middle east. Do you the know Afghani men and warlords have wives at home but boyfriends/sissy's on the street or in their battalion.
We live in a world full of evil. The point the majority is making on this forum is that NO CHILD be it Egyptian, Nigerian or from Planet Neptune should be taken advantage of. End of

Best contribution so far - Thank you sir!
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Faher(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2010
^^^ seconded,
True Naija, you deserve an applause
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by benzine: 11:19am On May 22, 2010
He's a paedophile and dats wat most of the northern policians are. Remember gideon okar's coup address.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Confusion: 11:28am On May 22, 2010
best post
pls seun send it to yerima
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 11:54am On May 22, 2010
@Buffox,

i like ur replies but i still want u to get me right. PERSON ALLY, none of my sisters or daughters will be given out to marriage at such tender age but we are talking abt wt islam says. is left 4 me to do wt i can be able to do and not criticise those who contradicted me in as much as dey are within the islamic injunctions.

A member house of reps still in service gave out his sister at the age of 10 around that 2004/2005 and nobody raised an eyebrow in Kaduna cos we understand that it is his right (islamically).

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS, WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE INTERFERING INTO ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE WHEN THEY DONT REALLY NEED TO. ISLAM DOES NOT CHANGE WITH TIME, SOCIETY, GENERATION OR THE NEW WORLD ORDER.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by illusion2: 12:00pm On May 22, 2010
chidichris:

our problem is not islam but our kind of justice(selective justice). the yarima in question is just one out of over 50 million yarimas in nigeria and in our senate and aso rock.
non of the senators has the moral standard to judge this particular yarima.
visit all the hotels in abuja and u will see that almost all the senators and politicians have girls kept in those hotels.
the problem with this yarima is that he made his legal. what about those who are buying houses and lands, giving our govt cars and properties to their female friends?
obj slept with his daughter inlaw and no one shout because he is a christain. is it biblical for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaws or is it in our constitution for fathers to sleep with their daughter inlaw? tell me now, how can obj look yarima in the face and tell him, man u fcked up?
we have more than 1 million constitutions in nigeria and cases are treated according to who u are. if obj had been treated like the dog he presented himself to be then, today the yarimas of our time will defintely have no reason not to go down.
nigerians must stop favourism and godfatherism if we must move forward.
let us leave yarima the way we left obj as both men are nigerians and shld have equal right and justice.
many nigerians are dying in jail today just because they looked at women or accused wrongly but here we have an obj and a yarima who openly misbehaved and they are rulers. shame to this thing we call our country.
all i am saying here is that it is not only about the muslims but also the christians.
if u must commit a crime in nigeria and go free, let it not be a crime against the pdp cabals as for the constitution, we have non.
[size=18pt]@chidichris,your reasoning vis a vis OBJ & Yerima is slightly skewed,

1. OBJ is alledged to have slept with his daughter-in-law. . . .nothing so far proved,the woman denied it (so right now its purely innuendo).- Yerima on the other hand confirms he married this Egyptian girl

2. Lets assume OBJ did indeed sleep with his daughter-in-law
        a. There's nothing in the constitution that forbids this - Nigerian law in Abuja forbids marriage to under-18 girls.
        b. OBJ has not come out to say his religion permits him to sleep his his daughter-in-law - Yerima claims his religion gives him all the right to     marry this lady.

Finally lets stop all the false rationalising,because he (Yerima) comes publicly rather than 'pretend' like other senators (according to you) does not make it right .

By the way who told you Yerima doesn't have other concubines??

Are you aware he divorced his recently married teenage wife as well? This excludes his existing 3 other wives.

The question I ask is ,is  his entire life meant to be spent marrying?? When will he try to make a difference in the lives of his people?

Learn to call a spade a spade my friend.[/size]
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by md4real(m): 12:10pm On May 22, 2010
illusion2:

[size=18pt]@chidichris,your reasoning vis a vis OBJ & Yerima is slightly skewed,

1. OBJ is alledged to have slept with his daughter-in-law. . . .nothing so far proved,the woman denied it (so right now its purely innuendo).- Yerima on the other hand confirms he married this Egyptian girl

a. There's nothing in the constitution that forbids this - Nigerian law in Abuja forbids marriage to under-18 girls.
        b. OBJ has not come out to say his religion permits him to sleep his his daughter-in-law - Yerima claims his religion gives him all the right to     marry this lady.

Finally lets stop all the false rationalising,because he (Yerima) comes publicly rather than 'pretend' like other senators (according to you) does not make it right .

Are you aware he divorced his recently married teenage wife as well? This excludes his existing 3 other wives.

The question I ask is ,is  his entire life meant to be spent marrying?? When will he try to make a difference in the lives of his people?

Learn to call a spade a spade my friend.[/size]

logically, your sense of thought are shallow. Obj did not public deny or accept that fact, while the stupid senator did. He(the senator) said the chick aint 13. I advice you also call a spade a spade and have vivid evidence that she is 13 before forming conclusion.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by md4real(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2010
I have followed all points of arguments from the first page. I agree with the every right thinking individual that it bad to marry a chick at that tender age. But, the senator in question said the girl aint 13. Why not we lie low and watch those investigating to come up with their findings and stop the religion and northern bashing.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by lysim: 12:52pm On May 22, 2010
Na wa ohhhhhhhh

i no fit shout
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by ikeyman00(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2010
Sisi_Kill

Finally, we are calling on all Muslims intending to marry any child or woman of their choice to go on because Islam allows that. Enough is enough."

Speechless!!!

pretend like u dnt know ur northern vampires shocked embarassed
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by sevule(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

@Buffox,

i like your replies but i still want u to get me right. PERSON ALLY, none of my sisters or daughters will be given out to marriage at such tender age but we are talking abt wt islam says. is left 4 me to do wt i can be able to do and not criticise those who contradicted me in as much as dey are within the islamic injunctions.

A member house of reps still in service gave out his sister at the age of 10 around that 2004/2005 and nobody raised an eyebrow in Kaduna cos we understand that it is his right (islamically).

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS, WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE INTERFERING INTO ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE WHEN THEY DONT REALLY NEED TO. ISLAM DOES NOT CHANGE WITH TIME, SOCIETY, GENERATION OR THE NEW WORLD ORDER.
Thank goodness stupidity is not against the Nigerian constitution otherwise Bashdecash would have been in jail. Let me say something very clearly, Nigeria is a secular state that promotes freedom of religion but when you break the law as Yerima did you ought to face the consequences. So if my religion say traditional african religion allows ritual killing do we then say because my religion allows ritual killing and the Nigerian constitution allows freedom of religion then it is okay for me to go out and cut off a few heads?? People like bashdecash that use religion as a convenient excuse for wrong doing make me sick.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 22, 2010
MsTom:

My point exactly. If you believe in the sharia way of life, live it to the core. Not only when it is time for marriage that you believe in sharia while all these while you are ruling/living using the western ideology. If he wants to go sharia, let him resign as a senator and be governed by the sharia law where the people would support his actions. But now as a senator in Nigeria, we the people are against his actions and hence should face the consequence. Nigeria is not governed by the sharia law. It is that simple.

@MsTom,
You are on point as usual. It's obvious you are introspective (as opposed to the average groupthink junkies on NL. )
You hit the heart of the matter, spot on, without predilection nor bigotry.
Don't stop being YOU.
Adios amigo
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Tuyis: 1:58pm On May 22, 2010
sevule:

Thank goodness stupidity is not against the Nigerian constitution otherwise Bashdecash would have been in jail. Let me say something very clearly, Nigeria is a secular state that promotes freedom of religion but when you break the law as Yerima did you ought to face the consequences. So if my religion say traditional african religion allows ritual killing do we then say because my religion allows ritual killing and the Nigerian constitution allows freedom of religion then it is okay for me to go out and cut off a few heads?? People like bashdecash that use religion as a convenient excuse for wrong doing make me sick.

Brilliant! This should be clear to even to Yerima, if his religion to allows him to marry a 13 year old girl and mine allows me to sacrifice him to my god, will that be o.k. Afterall, no religion is superior to the other under Nigerian laws.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Linusman(m): 2:01pm On May 22, 2010
free muslims, we have right thinking ones. personally i wish all muslims were yorubas, those are muslims with a difference, muslims with knowledge, muslims who live it. those of you southerners who criticise islam, you've not even seen anything! but yoruba muslims make me believe islam is as peaceful and loving as it claims, devoid of barbarism slavery of the mind. i believe so.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by anataala: 2:10pm On May 22, 2010
YOUR POEPLE ARE ILLETRATE, FACE UR RELIGION URE ARE XRISTIAN FOLLOW WHAT UR RELIGION IS TEACHING, OUR TEACHINGS ARE DIFFERENT, SINCE MOLESTING AND SEX WITH LITTLTE KIDS IN THE CHURCH IS ALLOWED BY SO CALLED REV FATHERS, so try and and clean ur selves b4 u start assulting some one, and thank GOD we are marrying our fellow muslims, pls mind ur bussiness, u dont have right over our religion, we have not insulting u when the whole world is aware of what the leaders of ur reliogion are doing in the church which i believe is legalise, i guess u understand sex scandals, so xristianity legalise adultration, what a shame
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by chidichris(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2010
@chidichris,your reasoning vis a vis OBJ & Yerima is slightly skewed,

Learn to call a spade a spade my friend.

@illusion2,
if u are not a lawyer then u are in the wrong profession.
this exactly what nigeria and nigerians are made of, bending the laws to suit their purposes.
i have asked here before, how many constitutions are in use in nigeria?
ur obj was the president of nigeria when nysc members are been flogged in parts of this same country for drinking alcohol and people are been treated in line with the sharia laws in different parts of nigeria. if those things have been there and the fg accepts that, yarima as well shld be left alone as he simply practiced the sme sharia.
going by ur logic, is the girl in question complaining? is yarima the first person to marry a minor?  the issue of calling a spade one, i shld be telling u that. the problem of our leaders is not religion but morality which they lack to the last letter.
abuse of power in the name of the game. our politicains have made it a culture to influence, intimidate and decieve our women both married and unmarried with their stolen public funds.
now that u are saying what our constitution says, what did our constitution say about sex for money? our senators and rulers are the major sponsors of this sex for money business in nigeria and the late abacha was a dead witness while all the abuje politicians are life members.
assuming we all accept that yarima is guilty as claimed,  what do u think they will do to him? the answer is nothing.
by the way, i support the idea of yarima not honouring the invitation as those who are inviting him are not serious ppl.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by gamesb: 2:29pm On May 22, 2010
this yarima needs to be flog by all his senatoral district , fool for bring shame to himself & them.
if he is says his right why don't he marry her in her country .
abi it's because her country is against early marriage he foolishly brought her to nigeria were his fellow fools will support him in the name of religion.
this yarima & his likes are deciveing the poor northers amongs them .
one question to senator fool- marry- underage -girl yarima can he give his daughter of that age for marriage to somebody of his blacket?
if yes let say it to the world & do it let all of us see.
yarima must respect the laws of nigeria. it's a must.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 22, 2010
anataala:

YOUR POEPLE ARE ILLETRATE, FACE your RELIGION URE ARE XRISTIAN FOLLOW WHAT your RELIGION IS TEACHING, OUR TEACHINGS ARE DIFFERENT, SINCE MOLESTING AND intimacy WITH LITTLTE KIDS IN THE CHURCH IS ALLOWED BY SO CALLED REV FATHERS, so try and and clean your selves b4 u start assulting some one, and thank GOD we are marrying our fellow muslims, pls mind your bussiness, u dont have right over our religion, we have not insulting u when the whole world is aware of what the leaders of your reliogion are doing in the church which i believe is legalise, i guess u understand intimacy scandals, so xristianity legalise adultration, what a shame

Please provide a link to prove it's approved by fathers or anything of such. The crux of the matter is instead of muslims condemning his actions. Some of you choose to give credence to what he's done.

Even Jesus Christ proposed 'separation of the state'. They seem to be selective about what laws to obey - take refuge in the Nigerian constitution and abhor the same constitution when it tries to curtail their personal gains.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bashdecash(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2010
@sevule,

tell me one religion not culture that allows ritual killing? so, just mind the way u set examples ok?

remember, nobody is saying that Yerima is a saint, all we are saying is wt he did is LEGAL according to islamic law and we have to learn to live with it period.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by benabbey(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2010
I have been following this line of argument since 2am and I have tried to restrain myself not to talk, being a Professional. At a time I copied and pasted some web page here. But I just felt keeping silent may not be too good. When it come to Religion people hardly see reasons both Christian and Muslim. We tend to see from the pane of religion. Even the most learned, most Respected they fail and flatter when it come to religion, Because it is more of a culture than reasoning. I do ask my fanatics friends what is the religion of the baby in the womb. There is no religion in the womb. But immediately you are born an Alfa or the pastor must name you, Why?

Religion Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Hinduism, name it has always done more harm than good. Men were sacrifice for what they believe by Catholic in the dark ages. People still kill in the name of God and Allah. I don't know, if your deity is so strong why not let him fight for himself in the name of Al kaida, Taliban and what have you. I am not here to be partisan you are free to believe whatever you want, be it Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Oya, Allah, Yaweh anything.

Don,t let your faith hinder the progress of other. Some people raised some salient point

Will Yerima give out his daughter in marriage at 13 years?

When it come to governance you will swear to defend the constitution

(I, , do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as a Member of the Senate/House of Representatives/ , House of Assembly, I will perform my functions honestly to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and the rules of the Senate/House of Representatives/ , House of Assembly and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; and that [s]I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;[/s] and that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

So help me God".)

that support Child right

“ These include [s]prohibition of early marriage[/s], of conscription of children in to the armed forces, the right to a name and nationality, free and compulsory education, protection against domestic violence and child trafficking, structures and systems for the protection of children at village and chiefdom levels, as well as protection against harmful traditional practices affecting children including female genital mutilation."

holding Al Quaran, and in the long run you will go against the constitution you swear in the name of Allah to defend.

You will steal people billion and run to Civil court and cut the hand of Jangedi who stole a Cow.

Friends Religion especially the one that hinder peoples freedom and liberty and pursuit of happiness in any form is ante progressive. That is why some part of the world are so backward. They are filled with hypocrisy  they tell their people not to go to school that Islamic Education is the main thing, whereas their own children are studying in Buckingham palace with with Prince Charles children.

The other day one called himself Boko Haram anything Western is anti Allah. Stupid and gullible people were following him about ,they refused to ask him that his Dish and decoder, GSM, Fleet of cars, Foam,Internet access, Airplane he took to Haji even the AK 47 he is holding are the product of English and western people. he lead many to their early grave. North Ireland are still fighting for their Catholic God, LRA Lord Resistance Army are still fighting for God. Catholic priest are fucking children.

Friend I think religion should be personal, people should be free to hold any religious opinion and your opinion should not be at variance to the constitution you swear to uphold and defend.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by buffox: 3:43pm On May 22, 2010
bashdecash:

@sevule,

tell me one religion not culture that allows ritual killing? so, just mind the way u set examples ok?

remember, nobody is saying that Yerima is a saint, all we are saying is wt he did is LEGAL according to islamic law and we have to learn to live with it period.

Bash, I am happy you do not agree with what Yerima has done and would not do same if you were in the same position.

With regards to the bolded, please let me have your perspective on the following:

Marriage age in Islam is specified within the constraints of three conditions as below:

- That the girl has reached puberty;

- That there is the consent of BOTH the girl and her parents;

- That she is matured enough to handle the circumstances that come with marriage.

Everyone would agree the first two conditions are very measurable. If she sees her menstrual cycle, statement one applies. If she says yes and her parents say yes, statement 2 applies.

But statement three for me is the bone of contention and that is why I do not agree even Islam supports what these people are doing, and it all comes down to understanding the teachings of religion to the finest detail of context.

Who determines if she has the right mental and physical state to withstand what marriage comes with? We are now seeing obvious signs that a lot of girls at this age cannot withstand consequences of intimacy in marriage due to the prevalence of VVF as a disease. So how has Islam supported what this man has done?

Context is the key to what you practise. That is why I blame the religious leaders for putting out roughly thought through information. It is not about cramming the Quran, but knowledge lies in the power of understanding the message.
Re: Don't Honour Invitations, Muslim Group Tells Yarima by bidemi12(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2010
Anybody who agrees with the actions of yerima, whether approved by the "quran" or not should be shot. This is the very reason why nigeria will never progress. no be swear na fact. with b.astards like these in power and moronic followers who see nothing wrong in their actions and actually justify it for them. here in america the idea of even handling a seventeen year old girl will back you nothing less than 10 years in jail and the crime will follow you till the day you die. we are so backward. The only place i have witnessed this kind of moronic ideals and followership is afghanistan. Animals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / Saraki Signs Nigerian Railway Corporation Bill / APC Not Threatened By Planned Mega Party – Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.