Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa (28971 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani's Resignation Letter To APC (FULL TRANSCRIPT) / Apapa Gridlock: Revive Ports In Other States, Gov. Ambode / Buhari To Establish 6 Inland Ports In Ibadan, Aba, Kano, Jos, Funtua & Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Lizilicious(f): 8:10pm On May 04, 2018
Just like the choice some of my pipo made in 2015
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Ugosample(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Slavery was a choice the same way our current predicament is a choice.

If the Arabs could revolt under better conditions and Nigerians are still choosing their oppressor sheepishly, then it was a choice and we are still maintaining that choice.

Help me tell them o

Kanye West to a large extent is right.

Until you revolt, it is assumed that you have accepted your position as a slave, the way Nigerians have accepted the rubbish they get from their leaders

The Haitians refused to be slaves, they chose to revolt, and they made history as the first independent black country of the 18th century

The South Africans have had enough of being second class citizens in their countries and revolted, Apartheid was dismantled and they became free

Even the Civil rights movement was the black Americans way of saying enough is enough of beibg discriminated against in their own country, Rosa Parks refused the status quo and this set up a chain reaction that scattered the Jim crow movement

Even Algeria, Kenya and other countries fought for their independence.

Within those years, as long as the slaves could not revolt, it was a choice.
there are efen stories of planned revolt, and the house negros snitching, because he was comfortable with his position, and was scared of his lot of the status quo change

Lastly, Nigeria has a choice to say ENOUGG IS ENOUGH and cleanse the legislature and executive at the three tiers of government of those who are doing nothing but make the countty suffer from their incompetence and criminality

But the question is....

Will Nigerians make that choice?

Or will they choose to remain slaves in their own countries

8 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Burgerlomo: 8:12pm On May 04, 2018
papoudaupolos:
Kanye and FFK are running on the same software that was hacked by the devil and they only give jibbrish gabbage out.

Badt guy cool

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by YoungDenzel(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2018
Not a fan of Kanye at all but what he's trying to say is that the blacks who have not refused to return(back to Africa) and has made it a choice even tho they are no more slaves to stay in the US

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Oritsewhandey(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2018
Senator following Kanye West! Nice.
Tomorrow, he would lead pack on why people should pray 5times a day.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Jonjerrie(m): 8:13pm On May 04, 2018
biacan:
Kanye is currently experiencing some melt down at the moment cool
same things happened to Michael Jackson they try to eliminate Kanye cos of the Truth but he overcome it that's the break through he's talking about I watch the whole interview about 12 minutes Kanye said a lot of important info after the slavery comment but the media only picked that point to mislead people for them to believe the information Kanye was trying to pass
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by somegirl1: 8:14pm On May 04, 2018

So he can see first-hand, structures built by Africans to assist foreigners in enslaving their own?

2 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by hayoholla(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2018
to some extent I agree with kanye west. we just too quick to crucify him without scrutinising the statement. if I am on right track with his statement. it means for traditional african leaders to be brainwashed into selling their own to whites just for a shade of mirror and gunpowder or for being a social miscreant is "mentally wrong". Although it was not the choice of the enslaved to be put in chains and shackles and bundled of the coast, but it was the choice of their rulers to choose to be inferior to their white counterpart, it was the choice of the then traditional rulers to not let common reasoning prevail by throwing away our traditional identity and let our history be written for us. it was the choice of our traditional rulers to choose mediocrity even with our superiority in numbers as kanye west claims. they chose to be second class human even selling their own kinsmen. tell me whose to be blame here?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Jonjerrie(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2018
YoungDenzel:
Not a fan of Kanye at all but what he's trying to say is that the blacks who have not refused to return(back to Africa) and has made it a choice even tho they are no more slaves to stay in the US
only the few have knowledge on this big up
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Jonjerrie(m): 8:15pm On May 04, 2018
hayoholla:
to some extent I agree with kanye west. we just too quick to crucify him without scrutinising the statement. if I am on right track with his statement. it means for traditional african leaders to be brainwashed into selling their own to whites just for a shade of mirror and gunpowder or for being a social miscreant is "mentally wrong". Although it was not the choice of the enslaved to be put in chains and shackles and bundled of the coast, but it was the choice of their rulers to choose to be inferior to their white counterpart, it was the choice of the then traditional rulers to not let common reasoning prevail by throwing away our traditional identity and let our history be written for us. it was the choice of our traditional rulers to choose mediocrity even with our superiority in numbers as kanye west claims. they chose to be second class human even selling their own kinsmen. tell me whose to be blame here?
u head is der
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Ugosample(m): 8:15pm On May 04, 2018
Lizilicious:
Just like the choice some of my pipo made in 2015

Yea

chose to be slaves under an oppressive government
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Ugosample(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2018
hayoholla:

This is another perspective to it.

nice

Kanye had a point
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by PierreAbutu(m): 8:20pm On May 04, 2018
AprokoGirl:
@APROKOGIRL

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/4712/senator-shehu-sani-invites-kanye-west-to-visit-slave-ports-in-africa-see-tweet/

cc; lalasticlala

Why do I think kanye resembles RENO OMOKRI?
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by oladele00(m): 8:22pm On May 04, 2018
When we decided to take up arms, it was
because the only other choice was to surrender
and to submit to slavery.
Like for Nelson Mandela and share for Mr Kenya west

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by CSTR1003: 8:22pm On May 04, 2018
AprokoGirl:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

US Citizens and NIGERIANS React .. click here : https://aprokogirl.com/4712/senator-shehu-sani-invites-kanye-west-to-visit-slave-ports-in-africa-see-tweet/
How do you get to read replies to a tweet .? What do you click?

I have never been able to get the hang of that.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by mokt(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

If the Arabs could revolt under better conditions and Nigerians are still choosing their oppressor sheepishly, then it was a choice and we are still maintaining that choice.

Sounds exactly like what kanye meant but however, if the subject matter is not handled with caution, a lot of shits might go wrong.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 04, 2018
Many people misunderstood and still misunderstand Kanye West and many people who did not watch that video should NOT cast aspersion on the intelligence called Kanye West. Kanye is no longer a 'normal' Human Being, he is more, because he is totally connected to the Universe and at that stage in Consciousness, you see things differently from the rest of the folks who have not read a single book in their lives, neither have they endeavored to conquer the lies that is called Politics and Religions.

Now, having stated the above, I want to weigh in here and say that would have been wrong if the slavery was for 100, 200, 300 years, but 400 years, it is not just painful that the Slaves after freedom grant from their Masters, they remained looking and reasoning like slaves. It is the fact that Black Americans still consider themselves slaves.

For free Human beings to consider themselves marginalized even if they are, then they need to start questioning the reason they refuse to read and expand their brains and start creating technologies instead of always blaming the white men for calling them animals and focus on how to become inventive.

Today, are we slaves ? NO, but an average black American still dwells in History, without opening their eyes to see that even all of lower human class are enslaved psychologically but they refuse to identify with that and are strongly working to become Gods among men.

Until we all who blame the white man for putting you down, learn that no one can put a determined and intellectually sound soul down, we are making no head way.

The Negro must start reading and stop worshipping and praying. No one is hunting anyone, except the demons in us.

Full Stop.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by abbey621(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2018
Part 1: How did slavery start in Africa? How did slavery start all around the world? The beginning, one tribe capturing another tribe and selling the strong and healthy ones as slave for profit. These tradition was the same in Rome, Byzantine and all over. In Africa, we fell for the awe of the white men, the greedy kings saw nothing wrong in exchanging captured Africans for weapons and gold. These exchanges continued until the white men wised up and realized they could just take what they wanted by force/colonization. So when Kanye said it all started with mental slavery, he was so f**king right!

Part 2: Slavery in the USA lasted 400 years, not 100, not 200 but 400 freaking years, sure the slaves were forced against their will but after 200 years some bought their freedom, some became prominent members of society. They owned lands, businesses and had money. The funny thing here was that most of the ones that had freedom saw no reason to help their fellow enslaved brothers and sisters. This was the main reason why slavery went on to last 400 years. It could have lasted another 400 years, if Lincoln was not used by a higher being. If Lincoln had not freed the slaves, our black brothers and sisters would never have freed themselves.

Moral of the story: The black race is a race still trapped in mental slavery. You look at the white men genes and genes of the black men and you realize we represent the superior physical and mental traits but our potential is limited by the lack of love for our fellow brothers and sisters. This is what the white men know about us blacks and this is what makes them to continue their dominance over us.....Enlighten yourself and share the knowledge with others, don't hate Kanye, try to understand the deeper meaning!

4 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by theysg: 8:32pm On May 04, 2018
Everyone been taking this guy literally.
It requires an open mind and free thinking to really understand what he meant..
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by rayornb(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2018
E be like say Shehu Sani won take over from Ben Bruce as the Chairman Senate Committee of Twitter ooo.
E warriors.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by HDT13(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2018
400 yrs and yet Libya again.....
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2018
hayoholla:
these things still happen today unfortunately
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by theysg: 8:35pm On May 04, 2018
abbey621:
Part 1: How did slavery start in Africa? How did slavery start all around the world? The beginning, one tribe capturing another tribe and selling the strong and healthy ones as slave for profit. These tradition was the same in Rome, Byzantine and all over. In Africa, we fell for the awe of the white men, the greedy kings saw nothing wrong in exchanging captured Africans for weapons and gold. These exchanges continued until the white men wised up and realized they could just take what they wanted by force/colonization. So when Kanye said it all started with mental slavery, he was so f**king right!

Part 2: Slavery in the USA lasted 400 years, not 100, not 200 but 400 freaking years, sure the slaves were forced against their will but after 200 years some bought their freedom, some became prominent members of society. They owned lands, businesses and had money. The funny thing here was that most of the ones that had freedom saw no reason to help their fellow enslaved brothers and sisters. This was the main reason why slavery went on to last 400 years. It could have lasted another 400 years, if Lincoln was not used by a higher being. If Lincoln had not freed the slaves, our black brothers and sisters would never have freed themselves.

Moral of the story: The black race is a race still trapped in mental slavery. You look at the white men genes and genes of the black men and you realize we represent the superior physical and mental traits but our potential is limited by the lack of love for our fellow brothers and sisters. This is what the white men know about us blacks and this is what makes them to continue their dominance over us.....Enlighten yourself and share the knowledge with others, don't hate Kanye, try to understand the deeper meaning!

You said it right.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by oyetpel(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Thank you.
I made this same assertion in movies thread.
Slavery was a choice, but we blacks are cowards.

And also the same situation we are currently find ourselves in Nigeria is a choice.

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by oyetpel(m): 8:41pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Thank you.
I made this same assertion in movies thread.
Slavery was a choice, but we blacks are cowards.

And also the same situation we are currently find ourselves in Nigeria is a choice.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by cherriex(f): 8:44pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=AnonyNymous post=67285412]Lol

You see something about me, I'm always on the "wrong side" of popular opinion.

As for Kanye West. I don't agree with anyone calling him an Uncle Tom. AKA a "House N*****". Basically, a black man that supports racist whites. And I think you must be really stupid if you think he is one, because all through his career, he's always made a point about how he, as a descendant of former slaves, made it in life.

Now to the topic. He said, "You know, after 400 years, it starts to seem like a choice". I think you should watch the whole video for context. It helps.

His point was pretty obvious. On the plantations in the Southern parts of the United States, where slavery was predominant, over time they'd grown to a LAGRE population and outnumbered the whites controlling them. I mean, the population ratio was probably like 50 blacks to one white supervisor. They had the physical strength. And they weren't chained anymore. What stopped them from launching a revolt and overthrowing their oppressors? There were revolts, but only by a few people while the rest of the scared slaves hid in fear of "Massa" (Master). Another thing that contributed to their fear was the religion they were taught. They were given Bibles and brainwashed. I mean, there are actual portions in the Bible where the "Almighty God" supposedly regulates slavery.

In essence, they were mentally enslaved as well, and therefore made the choice to remain in those shackles. Physical chains might take away choice from you, but when you're mentally enslaved, you have a choice to free yourself. You have a choice to wake up.

Harriet Tubman, a hero of the black slaves and possible face of a new US currency bill freed thousands of slaves through the "Underground Railroad". She made the CHOICE to emancipate herself from mental slavery and she escaped. She came back also, to free thousands of slaves. And she has a famous quote:

"I freed a thousand slaves, and I could've freed a thousand more, if only they KNEW they were slaves".

When listening to Kanye West (or anybody, for that matter) with an unprejudiced mind, the points he was trying to make were really clear. I'm happy that he made the effort to clarify himself AGAIN, on Twitter, but even at that most of the replies were unintelligent memes and people regurgitating the same "He said slavery is a choice blah blah blah". Only a someone with a 'half-brain' would actually think that he was implying that black men voluntarily chose to leave Africa to be enslaved in a strange land.

Unfortunately, there are too many dimwitted people in society today, who only feed on headlines and never apply critical reasoning to understand the content of the message being passed. We had a similar situation over here with the #LazyNigerianYouth hashtag.[/quote

I agree with you, I think people misunderstood what he really meant or let me say it came out poorly, and people were so angry not to have understood his clarification.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by spiritedtete: 8:48pm On May 04, 2018
papoudaupolos:
Kanye and FFK are running on the same software that was hacked by the devil and they only give jibbrish gabbage out.

You couldn't have said it better... ehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by musicwriter(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2018
The problem is how to get Kanye understand he is still a slave himself for making such comment.

"The worst thing that happened to black people is not slavery. The worst thing that happened to us is the nuclear bombing of the brain of black people."............... Ivan Van Sertima.

The true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa http://www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by Stallion93(m): 8:50pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Sure thing bro, we just hate the truth. Kanye is so real, It takes a man with a high level of IQ and social awareness to Say things like what kanye just said and Or Comprehend such things. Let's be real, there's a problem with the black man, however every problem can be solved but the first step is being as real as Kanye, Stallion93 and Code Templar

4 Likes

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by SoapQueen(f): 8:52pm On May 04, 2018
biacan:
Kanye is currently experiencing some melt down at the moment cool

The Kardashian Kurse
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa by felaismyhero(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

someone is being castigated and excoriated for making a comment,and here u are making the same comment.i guess u dont understand wat u are saying.u talking of arabs,were they in chains?,did they have their owners signatures on their bodies?,were their daughters ever portrayed publicly for sport? pls try have correct info before commenting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Questions Fayose Is Asking Buhari On Attacks / Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.