Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Should We Call It A New Beginning? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Should We Call It A New Beginning? (7720 Views)

In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 8:59am On Apr 26, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:
EvaJael.. Nice to have you here.. Anyways, am not a writer but at least I dey write something.. About your question, just let it flow, once you get the purpose of the character in your story, a name will definitely pop up.. It could be of someone you know or heard of that has the same character as the one in your story..

I must confess, Literature section isn't what it was anymore, a lot of qualities has been lost. I miss crime stories, I love romance stories too but lately the one's I've found here just doesn't go well, the title alone makes me avoid it(no offense)..
I miss Souloho19, D9ty7.. Larrysun is still keeping up with the crime stuff.. I miss Kimberlywest, Angelsss, Chumzypinky and you too EvaJael.. Kayo and Centino are still holding up the romance aspect..

I miss the guys that keep coming through with constructive comments like Honourable356(he's been missing for a long time now..), phoenixcap, there's this other guy that is always sharing popcorn, I've forgotten his moniker sef..Not forgetting Ann2012 and Queenitee, those two are on every thread in the literature section..

It will be too lengthy if I begin to mention names.. I miss those good stories that made me sign up to Nairaland to pour out my encomiums on the writers.

E too ling abi, make una no vex.. I don over talk but na the way wey I feel be that.

I have missed you too my dear and yes, I have missed the old literatureland. I don't mean to sound condescending or whatever name the English man would call this comment but you're absolutely right. I stopped reading a lot of stuff here because to be very honest, most of the stories here now don't carry the depth, the awe and even the attractiveness that i used to know Literature section for.
Like you rightly said, some of the titles here, heaven knows I don't see myself opening them. Please forgive me. I'm just speaking my mind.
I remember when I wrote Hidden Diamonds. Those were some of the most exciting times of my life. I miss my readers, popcorn crew. I think the popcorn guy was Adesina12 or something like that.
I wish we could bring back the good old days or better still, sharpen this present day to be better than those old days we missed.
Thanks dear for your comments.

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 9:03am On Apr 26, 2020
About the name thing, for me, I like names that aren't common. I spend hours looking for names that I find cute especially for my female characters.
I think my parents are my inspiration. They gave us all names that I think are beautiful so I try to do that for my characters.
Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever had a story where majority of the names are native names. Most of my characters have English names.
I think I should work on that. Lemme try to be a good and patriotic African. Let's keep it coming dearies.

How do you decide on the names of your characters? All writers are welcome to contribute

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Adesina12: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
EvaJael:

I have missed you too my dear and yes, I have missed the old literatureland. I don't mean to sound condescending or whatever name the English man would call this comment but you're absolutely right. I stopped reading a lot of stuff here because to be very honest, most of the stories here now don't carry the depth, the awe and even the attractiveness that i used to know Literature section for.
Like you rightly said, some of the titles here, heaven knows I don't see myself opening them. Please forgive me. I'm just speaking my mind.
I remember when I wrote Hidden Diamonds. Those were some of the most exciting times of my life. I miss my readers, popcorn crew. I think the popcorn guy was Adesina12 or something like that.
I wish we could bring back the good old days or better still, sharpen this present day to be better than those old days we missed.

Thank you so much for the mention
I am still here in literature room of NL
But I select what I read base on time, the author and other factors
I just follow you in order to know when you write a new story
Ensure you mention me.... cheers
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Centino: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
EvaJael:

There's no proper laugh emoji on nairaland. I should have dropped like three lines of pure laughing emojis under this post. Thank you Centino. How are you doing?

I'm doing well thanks EvaJael. Yawing here and there to the waves of life's vicissitudes.

EkopSparoAyara said a lot of truths up there.

But I have seen enough in my three active years here to understand why these are.

As a writer, I'll say to all writers, whatever you do, don't stop writing.

And to the readers, I'll also say whatever you decide to read, just don't stop reading.

Las las we'll all be alright smiley

I trust you are doing well too. Nice to hear from you again.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Adesina12: 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello Centino
Trust you’re good
Yours sincerely waiting for update in 225 katakata Street
Sweet popcorn for you
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
Centino:

I'm doing well thanks EvaJael. Yawing here and there to the waves of life's vicissitudes.

But I have seen enough in my three active years here to understand why these are.

And to the readers, I'll also say whatever you decide to read, just don't stop reading.

I'm good. You're right. Life happened and I stopped for a while but I'm back and hope to never stop again
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
EvaJael:

Exactly oh.. That's what we are missing out here. Hopefully, Literatureland will regain it's lost glory..

Adesina12, yeah, right, that's his moniker..
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Adesina12:

Thank you so much for the mention
I am still here in literature room of NL
But I select what I read base on time, the author and other factors
I just follow you in order to know when you write a new story
Ensure you mention me.... cheers
Sweet popcorn for you

This man.. It's been a while, I miss you and your popcorn oh.. Good to hear from you..

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Centino:

Centino baba.. I see you bro..
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Dybala11(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Royver remains one of my supposed best writer on this forum, I doubt if his account is still active though.

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Adesina12: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

This man.. It's been a while, I miss you and your popcorn oh.. Good to hear from you..

Thanks to God Almighty for the gift of life my brother
Daalu
E see
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Ann2012(f): 9:39am On Apr 27, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:
EvaJael.. Nice to have you here.. Anyways, am not a writer but at least I dey write something.. About your question, just let it flow, once you get the purpose of the character in your story, a name will definitely pop up.. It could be of someone you know or heard of that has the same character as the one in your story..

I must confess, Literature section isn't what it was anymore, a lot of qualities has been lost. I miss crime stories, I love romance stories too but lately the one's I've found here just doesn't go well, the title alone makes me avoid it(no offense)..
I miss Souloho19, D9ty7.. Larrysun is still keeping up with the crime stuff.. I miss Kimberlywest, Angelsss, Chumzypinky and you too EvaJael.. Kayo and Centino are still holding up the romance aspect..

I miss the guys that keep coming through with constructive comments like Honourable356(he's been missing for a long time now..), phoenixcap, there's this other guy that is always sharing popcorn, I've forgotten his moniker sef..Not forgetting Ann2012 and Queenitee, those two are on every thread in the literature section..

It will be too lengthy if I begin to mention names.. I miss those good stories that made me sign up to Nairaland to pour out my encomiums on the writers.

E too ling abi, make una no vex.. I don over talk but na the way wey I feel be that.

Gone are the days where Literature section gets me tied for a long time, I miss those good old days.
Thanks to the likes of Centino, Silver1996, LarrySun and other OP who have kept it going...... God bless you plenty.

I also miss Lightqueen wink

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by damselposh(f): 10:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Okay.

Am damselposh, i guess i will call myself a writer because i have written four stories and am presently on another one_

Mended Hearts
Matrimony of Secrets
Inheritance
Revived And

Roses and Thorns (Still writing it though)

Am not really new here, i was a ghost reader for a long time before i signed up to Nairaland.

Phew, am already talking plenty plenty. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by genius43(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Centino:

Yes, we would keep reading
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by kayo80(m): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2020
Hey guys, I notice mods no longer push stories from Literature section to Front Page...I wonder why.
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by genius43(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2020
kayo80:
Hey guys, I notice mods no longer push stories from Literature section to Front Page...I wonder why.

True

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:49am On Apr 27, 2020
Adesina12:

Thanks to God Almighty for the gift of life my brother
Daalu
E see
Thank you

That's right.
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Adesina12: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
damselposh:
Okay.

Am damselposh, i guess i will call myself a writer because i have written four stories and am presently on another one_

Mended Hearts
Matrimony of Secrets
Inheritance
Revived And

Roses and Thorns (Still writing it though)

Am not really new here, i was a ghost reader for a long time before i signed up to Nairaland.

Phew, am already talking plenty plenty. grin

I can’t agree less that you’re one of geniuses and amazing writers on this platform
I got to know about from matrimony of secret
I have read a lot here from so many writers both old and new
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by damselposh(f): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2020
kayo80:

I noticed too

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by damselposh(f): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
kiss
Adesina12:

I can’t agree less that you’re one of geniuses and amazing writers on this platform
I got to know about from matrimony of secret
I have read a lot here from so many writers both old and new

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Royver(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Dybala11:
Royver remains one of my supposed best writer on this forum, I doubt if his account is still active though.

It is active by God's grace wink, Thanks so much for the recognition. I highly appreciate.

Going through the thread, I guess I'm not the only one who absconded from nairaland for a while.
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by HORLADSTAR(m): 2:06am On Sep 12, 2020
Wow! Nairaland, gone are the days of nice and captivating write ups sha. Days of ppl like flow1759, bibijay (it seems there are two of them sha), souloho19(where you dey baba), apollux, D9ty7, kimberlywest, evajael, the blessed man. The list goes on and on and on.
#HORLADSTAR Cares#
God no go shame us all sha
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 12, 2020
HORLADSTAR:
Wow! Nairaland, gone are the days of nice and captivating write ups sha. Days of ppl like flow1759, bibijay (it seems there are two of them sha), souloho19(where you dey baba), apollux, D9ty7, kimberlywest, evajael, the blessed man. The list goes on and on and on.
#HORLADSTAR Cares#

cool I'm here. I've always been around, but my 'silence' switch was flipped. wink

Kimberly cares, too.

grin Amen! E no go shame us.
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2020
KimberlyWest:

cool I'm here. I've always been around, but my 'silence' switch was flipped. wink
Kimberly cares, too.
grin Amen! E no go shame us.

We hope that you will press the “unmute” button soon..
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
HORLADSTAR:
#HORLADSTAR Cares#

I'm around o my dear. My brain seems to be having a problem with me. It doesn't want to form any writeable ideas. I hope we settle our beef soon sha.
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Apollux(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
EvaJael:
Hello everyone! Wheww! It's been a long while. Lots of things have happened here. I'm not even sure I am known here anymore. #Smiles. It's alright anyway. I'm still EvaJael and I've missed literature section sooo much. I've been away because of acacdemics but I'm back, at least for a while. I came back to meet everywhere so quiet unlike how lively I always knew it to be. I know Divepen1 is doing his best and I still appreciate him but we can also put in our two cents. I think we should start by introducing ourselves (especially the new writers here) and maybe from there we can do something together.
So, I'm calling on
Divepen1
Kayo80
Queenitee
Cbella
Pearl05
KimberlyWest
Pinkfeet
Gracile
Angelsss
Shewrites

And everybody else. I'm so sorry it's been a long time. I don't really remember many monikers. Please invite others especially the new writers here
Eva cares.

Hi, I'm relatively new here so you may not know me. I think I started uploading my stories here around 2016. But since then I have changed locations (states) like three times. Between last year and this year, things have been wild and crazy, so they are the reasons I haven't updated for a while. But I still have like 3 to 4 stories I owe my followers and fans here and it is a wish I aim to fulfill.
Here are links to my stories if you need to read them.

https://www.nairaland.com/3605317/marvel-chronicles-science-fiction

https://www.nairaland.com/3775367/marvel-chronicles-2-executive-sanction
https://www.nairaland.com/3746976/memoirs-blood-steel-fantasy-novel

https://www.nairaland.com/4947614/penance

Besides I feel stories here are not monetized, so most gifted writers just get more interested in other things that yield income than taking the time, effort and resources to post stories here. Most of the stories you will find new here are people that are making first attempts at writing. As for me, writing is fun.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Noblejohn32(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm John Mfon...I've been an ardent fan of Nl literature session since 2013...and i can boldly state that Nigeria is blessed with gifted writers. I've read over a thousand projects here(completed/uncompleted)...Nl is really blessed with writers.
But one problem is the lack of motivation and it has killed the urge of many gifted writers.
But as Boss Centino said, we should keep on the good works, one day...we'll get there.
I have four works here on Nl
DESIRE 1

Captain Jack (a val story)

The Devil's Love(a tale of a rapist)

DESIRE 2 (House on Fire) currently ongoing.

°•°•°•°•°•°•
Based on the question sweet Evajael asked, picking names and locations of characters in your stories solely depends on the kind of story you wish to build.
Before a story get on paper, internally you must have prepared the basic scenes and foundation of how it'll look like.
The locations you use might be the ones you've visited or sometimes you might create your own location.

As for the characters, you know they potray the story.
Their names might not be the problem...you can choose any name. The main thing is building the character to suit the purpose created for it.
If you wish to portray a narcissist, you must make sure his actions reflect pride and egoism...every activity of such person must reflect that attitude.
So, building your characters matters.
The names could be based on the tribe...like if I'm writing about an Akwa Ibom boy, i could take: Emem, Udoh, Akpan etc...
But the character buildup is important.

I'm just a learner....

°•°•°•°•
For those of you having heartache and depressed moment...don't let the recession of this country take its toll on you....Manage life how it is, God is always near us.

DESIRE 2(House on Fire) is on the literature page to make you laugh and forget your sorrows.

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Pearl05(f): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
EvaJael:
Hello everyone! Wheww! It's been a long while. Lots of things have happened here. I'm not even sure I am known here anymore. #Smiles. It's alright anyway. I'm still EvaJael and I've missed literature section sooo much. I've been away because of acacdemics but I'm back, at least for a while. I came back to meet everywhere so quiet unlike how lively I always knew it to be. I know Divepen1 is doing his best and I still appreciate him but we can also put in our two cents. I think we should start by introducing ourselves (especially the new writers here) and maybe from there we can do something together.
So, I'm calling on
Divepen1
Kayo80
Queenitee
Cbella
Pearl05
KimberlyWest
Pinkfeet
Gracile
Angelsss
Shewrites

And everybody else. I'm so sorry it's been a long time. I don't really remember many monikers. Please invite others especially the new writers here
Eva cares.

Hello welcome back, I'm not writer but reader grin

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Apollux:

Hi, I'm relatively new here so you may not know me. I think I started uploading my stories here around 2016. But since then I have changed locations (states) like three times. Between last year and this year, things have been wild and crazy, so they are the reasons I haven't updated for a while. But I still have like 3 to 4 stories I owe my followers and fans here and it is a wish I aim to fulfill.
Here are links to my stories if you need to read them.

https://www.nairaland.com/3605317/marvel-chronicles-science-fiction

https://www.nairaland.com/3775367/marvel-chronicles-2-executive-sanction
https://www.nairaland.com/3746976/memoirs-blood-steel-fantasy-novel

https://www.nairaland.com/4947614/penance

Besides I feel stories here are not monetized, so most gifted writers just get more interested in other things that yield income than taking the time, effort and resources to post stories here. Most of the stories you will find new here are people that are making first attempts at writing. As for me, writing is fun.

Ah I know you o! Your moniker rings a bell. I think I read one of your books a while back. It's good to hear from you again.
I totally understand your point about stories not being monetized. It's not particularly motivational but I hope you wow us with another story soon.
Don't forget to mention me too when you do wink
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Noblejohn32:
Hi everyone, I'm John Mfon...I've been an ardent fan of Nl literature session since 2013...and i can boldly state that Nigeria is blessed with gifted writers. I've read over a thousand projects here(completed/uncompleted)...Nl is really blessed with writers.
But one problem is the lack of motivation and it has killed the urge of many gifted writers.
But as Boss Centino said, we should keep on the good works, one day...we'll get there.
I have four works here on Nl
DESIRE 1

Captain Jack (a val story)

The Devil's Love(a tale of a rapist)

DESIRE 2 (House on Fire) currently ongoing.

°•°•°•°•°•°•
Based on the question sweet Evajael asked, picking names and locations of characters in your stories solely depends on the kind of story you wish to build.
Before a story get on paper, internally you must have prepared the basic scenes and foundation of how it'll look like.
The locations you use might be the ones you've visited or sometimes you might create your own location.

As for the characters, you know they potray the story.
Their names might not be the problem...you can choose any name. The main thing is building the character to suit the purpose created for it.
If you wish to portray a narcissist, you must make sure his actions reflect pride and egoism...every activity of such person must reflect that attitude.
So, building your characters matters.
The names could be based on the tribe...like if I'm writing about an Akwa Ibom boy, i could take: Emem, Udoh, Akpan etc...
But the character buildup is important.

I'm just a learner....

°•°•°•°•
For those of you having heartache and depressed moment...don't let the recession of this country take its toll on you....Manage life how it is, God is always near us.

DESIRE 2(House on Fire) is on the literature page to make you laugh and forget your sorrows.

Hello, dear! Thank you so much for your contribution. I'll definitely check out your stories as soon as possible
Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by EvaJael(f): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Pearl05:

Hello welcome back, I'm not writer but reader grin
Thank you!!! If I remember correctly, you were one of those who supported me when I was writing Hidden Diamonds.

Many thanks dear.❤️

1 Like

Re: Should We Call It A New Beginning? by Hongkongfukid(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
but i must commend you guys , you are fantastic . I must also thank you my making me fail my exams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Devil's Bargain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.