Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash (59163 Views)

Peter Obi Speaks On PDP-APC Clash At Dei-Dei Market / See What Sokoto Citizens Did After APC Chieftains Departed Sultan's Palace / Bola Tinubu Receives Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola After Apc's Victory. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by CrystalMax: 5:56am On May 06, 2018
AyoolaIgwe:
grin u can say nonsense. Go and bring buyer
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by IMASTEX: 6:07am On May 06, 2018
theenchanter:
If this is an airport..... they should just sell the country.
If they haven't already did
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by KingMicky3286: 6:18am On May 06, 2018
i used that airport in 2015, our plane landed in a corn and cassava farm.

we have to walk to 4 canopies where the immigrations are checking bags, i thought its a place they sell mama put.

They used touch light to check my bags with them digging hands inside my luggages.

i was ashamed of myself because i traveled home with my oyibo friend.

She kept asking me if this is the Nigeria that i talked good about..

I didn't know what to say... She became sceptical about me untill i calmed her down..

She dont want to visit again due to awkward things she saw .. like bad roads. no water . no light and so on...no network , police road blocks , armed robbery and jungle justice she witnessedn

Maybe my village people was following us...during her visit.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

The lizard of Ubiama with his trademark pot belly like a drowned lassa fever-carrying rat

Nothing seem funny to me about your comment. Talk less of your quotes which are riddled with guttery adjectives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Marcelinho(m): 6:27am On May 06, 2018
Carlse:

The airport is under construction, abandoned by previous governments. By the way, the International Wing is nearing completion. Suck that up.

Sorry but who are the previous government
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by ignis: 6:32am On May 06, 2018
Is this an airport or motor park?
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by AnthonyAk(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2018
We want Stella oduah

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Nobody: 7:25am On May 06, 2018
What the fvck is wrong with Buratai?
He should call his boys to order.

If you want to go out, you rent soldiers, if you want to do wedding, you rent soldiers.

If you want to discipline someone, you rent soldiers.

These soldiers are losing the respect Nigerians have for them daily, any body can rent them as long as you have the money.

That's why i like the Navy.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Nobody: 7:30am On May 06, 2018
Carlse:

The airport is under construction, abandoned by previous governments. By the way, the International Wing is nearing completion. Suck that up.

Who is the previous government?
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by greatman247(m): 7:30am On May 06, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

So this is how port Harcourt airport looks like and Amaechi is proud to take selfie there. SMH.

Does he took any selfie? Does those pictures look like selfies? When you want to abuse someone, abuse him base on what he really do or what you can really see that he do. Such a shame you don't even know the true meaning of selfie. SMH.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Ikpewe: 7:38am On May 06, 2018
highness25:
What are you talking about? is he not the previous government? He was Rivers State governor for 8years and this airport was there when he was governor, this simply means he (Amaechi) Abandoned the place
Guy that is an international airport not a local airport control by a state government.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Codes151(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2018
Always with soldiers and u wonder why he ain't safe in his town
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by tempel(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2018
This man has not contributed any meaning ful development to this state since he became a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria. I'm not a pdp nor an apc fan
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by tobiit(m): 8:38am On May 06, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Amechi you are the transport minister look at how dirty and dilapidated the airport in your state looks, shame on you, and for that guy above commenting nonsense, partisan politics have really blinded your true senses of judgement.

Sometimes i wonder how we see things in Nigeria. We just love badmouthing in the name of political and ethnic affiliations. Were you not in Nigeria or probably you’ve not developed the proper brain to use internet in the days of ex-president Jonathan regime. The same Port Harcourt airport this regime is reconstructing had been renovated with billions of Naira by current senators Stella Oduah under Jonathan watch. But yet despite all the billions of Naira spent on the airport, look at the state they left it. For reference purposes checkout this link https://www.nairaland.com/1460471/port-harcourt-international-airport-remodelling . I’m not a supporter of anyone or a political party but i stand for the truth. If Rotimi Amaechi under APC can fix the Airport, it will be a welcome development.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Printerscanner: 8:58am On May 06, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

So this is how port Harcourt airport looks like and Amaechi is proud to take selfie there. SMH.

Your brother the ineffectual buffoon, the drunk fisherman with a fake PhD, the husband of the illiterate cantankerous grammarian sheppopo was there for 8 years as VP, acting president and president, how come the airport is still worse than Lagos motor parks?
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by clarocuzioo(m): 9:02am On May 06, 2018
tobiit:

Sometimes i wonder how we see things in Nigeria. We just love badmouthing in the name of political and ethnic affiliations. Were you not in Nigeria or probably you’ve not developed the proper brain to use internet in the days of ex-president Jonathan regime. The same Port Harcourt airport this regime is reconstructing had been renovated with billions of Naira by current senators Stella Oduah under Jonathan watch. But yet despite all the billions of Naira spent on the airport, look at the state they left it. For reference purposes checkout this link https://www.nairaland.com/1460471/port-harcourt-international-airport-remodelling . I’m not a supporter of anyone or a political party but i stand for the truth. If Rotimi Amaechi under APC can fix the Airport, it will be a welcome development.

Sometimes when people expose their myopic reasoning instead of shutting up it amazes me. Have you forgotten that these people were elected under the change mantra. I wonder why when issues are raised, they use previous administration as a yard stick, this administration is supposed to be setting pace in leadership not falling below the standards of the previous administrations, that's not why Nigerians booted out the past administration.
Do not forget also that this government has borrowed more than any government in history, has also signed the highest budget in history of this country, implemented TSA, highest tax rate ever, introducing charges in bank transactions, yet the infrastructure on ground is not commiserate with the heavy funds.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by uba1991: 9:04am On May 06, 2018
highness25:
What are you talking about? is he not the previous government? He was Rivers State governor for 8years and this airport was there when he was governor, this simply means he (Amaechi) Abandoned the place
Moomooo this is not state project. This is a federal project abandoned by GEJ. Now Buhari and Ameichi remember the people of port Harcourt. Instead of appreciating d man u want to blame him even though he was a governor.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by uba1991: 9:24am On May 06, 2018
Kennydoc:

Rubbish! GEJ's government started and completed the remodelling of several airports in less than 4 years. Buhari has done 3 years already, and there is no chance this PH airport will be completed even in another 3 years. Who is the failure here?
REMODELLING. GEJ was vice president and president for 8yrs. Now think very well and see if u are a fool or not. It's just an advice pls

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Apoztl3(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2018
stephenduru:
The Honourable Minister for transportation His Excellency Rt. Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi CON pictured inspecting Port Harcourt International Airport shortly after the Ward Congress of APC that took place at his Ward in Ikwerre Local Government of Rivers state.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/05/amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt.html?m=1
This man looks so u ministerial with his composure... I stand to be corrected though
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by godofuck231: 10:01am On May 06, 2018
You need to see wide stepping out and see the way youths flood the scene, rivers state is with wike.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:04am On May 06, 2018
Oritsewhandey:

Nothing seem funny to me about your comment. Talk less of your quotes which are riddled with guttery adjectives.
argue with your shadow
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by begwong: 12:30pm On May 06, 2018
APC ATM dispenser. Oloshi.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Evidora27: 1:56pm On May 06, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

Yes that’s is how a part in PH Airport looks like and No I don’t think he is proud...that airport was abandoned by the previous government due to hatred the federal Govt had for Ameachi, Heard that he is trying to work on the Airport...people get your facts right before u start comementing on something u have no idea of.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Evidora27: 2:00pm On May 06, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Amechi you are the transport minister look at how dirty and dilapidated the airport in your state looks, shame on you, and for that guy above commenting nonsense, partisan politics have really blinded your true senses of judgement.

This Airport has been Dilapidated for years, it was abandoned by the previous government, then Ameachi was the state governor, because of the hatred the federal government had for him, they refused to complete the project...Ameachi is working on the airport now, so people get your facts straight before u comment
Don’t just comment on something u have no idea on, seriously
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Kennydoc(m): 2:01pm On May 06, 2018
uba1991:
REMODELLING. GEJ was vice president and president for 8yrs. Now think very well and see if u are a fool or not. It's just an advice pls

Which vice president? Do vice presidents have any reasonable say in what happens in Nigeria? I hope you will be happy for us to credit Osinbajo with the annihilation of Middle Belt Christians within the 4 years of his vice presidency.
GEJ's presidency started in May 2010, but his real tenure started in 2011. I guess he was carried away by the desire to contest and win 2011 election that he couldn't really do much in 2010. His fault though.

Remodelling is quite an extensive term. It involves a whole lot of construction works including building of new terminal buildings. Go to Abuja Airport and see the massive construction of New terminal which was initiated by GEJ's administration. Even this Buhari's tenure will end and the project will still be ongoing.

The PH airport project is part of the whole remodelling of FG airports started when Stella Oduah was minister of aviation. They obviously didn't finish the work, but they actually initiated something. Which one has Buhari started? As per finishing, it's obvious Buhari's administration won't even complete the PH Airport project, so what's your point really?

It's only those who are lacking in sound reasoning that resort to using insultive words when engaging in an argument. You don't quote me and start calling me a fool. Anyway, I won't return that gesture to you. I'll simply jump and pass. If you can't avoid name calling, please don't quote me again.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Evidora27: 2:03pm On May 06, 2018
uba1991:
Moomooo this is not state project. This is a federal project abandoned by GEJ. Now Buhari and Ameichi remember the people of port Harcourt. Instead of appreciating d man u want to blame him even though he was a governor.
You right people just argue about things they have no idea on...can’t you’ll jst verify info before u make a comment.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by clarocuzioo(m): 3:27pm On May 06, 2018
Evidora27:

This Airport has been Dilapidated for years, it was abandoned by the previous government, then Ameachi was the state governor, because of the hatred the federal government had for him, they refused to complete the project...Ameachi is working on the airport now, so people get your facts straight before u comment
Don’t just comment on something u have no idea on, seriously
Oga it's been three years since Amaechi become the transport minister, how long did it take to renovate the Abuja airport? How long did it take Ambode to build Ajah bridge, Ikeja terminal and now Oshodi terminal? Please let us stop defending incompetence and politics of sentiments and bitterness for this country to move forward please.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by professorPABX: 7:33pm On May 06, 2018
clarocuzioo:

Sometimes when people expose their myopic reasoning instead of shutting up it amazes me. Have you forgotten that these people were elected under the change mantra. I wonder why when issues are raised, they use previous administration as a yard stick, this administration is supposed to be setting pace in leadership not falling below the standards of the previous administrations, that's not why Nigerians booted out the past administration.
Do not forget also that this government has borrowed more than any government in history, has also signed the highest budget in history of this country, implemented TSA, highest tax rate ever, introducing charges in bank transactions, yet the infrastructure on ground is not commiserate with the heavy funds.

It amazed me to see this kind of postings everywhere on nairaland. Intellectual contents are lacking now making reasonable people to avoid posting most of the time.

Despite the huge billions spent by the Aviation Ministry when there was high oil price for 6 years & huge debt owed by the Ministry, you still expect the incoming govt to start afresh. Where is that done? In 2015, I landed at that Airport it was a Very horrible experience as elaborated by somebody earlier in this thread.

Your comments about change matra, highest budget, high debt profile & tax exposed your ignorance & lack of exposure on micro & macro economic analysis. GEJ govt borrowed heavily & cover up with the depletion of foreign reserve left by Obj to the tune of almost $25 billion. Remember the GEJ government never saved one kobo despite making the highest revenue in the history of Africa. Madam Okonjo said they invested the money on infrastructure development & madam aviation is one the four powerful women in that government.

If Gej borrowed to pay salary before leaving office, what change matra will make a government that returned aviation back to transportation ministry due to shortfall in revenue renovate the airport to world standard from the dilapidated stage I saw in 2015.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by clarocuzioo(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2018
professorPABX:

It amazed me to see this kind of postings everywhere on nairaland. Intellectual contents are lacking now making reasonable people to avoid posting most of the time.

Despite the huge billions spent by the Aviation Ministry when there was high oil price for 6 years & huge debt owed by the Ministry, you still expect the incoming govt to start afresh. Where is that done? In 2015, I landed at that Airport it was a Very horrible experience as elaborated by somebody earlier in this thread.

Your comments about change matra, highest budget, high debt profile & tax exposed your ignorance & lack of exposure on micro & macro economic analysis. GEJ govt borrowed heavily & cover up with the depletion of foreign reserve left by Obj to the tune of almost $25 billion. Remember the GEJ government never saved one kobo despite making the highest revenue in the history of Africa. Madam Okonjo said they invested the money on infrastructure development & madam aviation is one the four powerful women in that government.

If Gej borrowed to pay salary before leaving office, what change matra will make a government that returned aviation back to transportation ministry due to shortfall in revenue renovate the airport to world standard from the dilapidated stage I saw in 2015.

Jesus Christ you people never ceases amaze me. You fired somebody because incompetence, employed another person to effect change and he is giving you excuses based on the previous person's performance which is even better than what you presently have.
Do you people realize that the rot in the system you are complaining of is why Nigeriand brought in Buhari to clear the mess, Instead he created more mess and is giving excuses after all the promises he made during campaign.
Do not also forget that when Jonathan wanted to save, it was the likes of Fashola, Amaechi and Oshomhole that took him to court, all of which are strong pillars in this present administration, karma is a fuckn bitch.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Antichristus: 9:33pm On May 06, 2018
Carlse:

You're still wrong. In the UK, the airports have been privatised and concessioned. That's why private individuals can build and maintain airports. No such has happened in Nigeria, and that's why airport construction and management still falls under the remit of the FG.

You'll never learn. Any wonder Nigeria remains the SHAME and ANT of AFRICA? If you think education and enlightenment is expensive remain uneducated and unenlightened. If you truly read and understood my comments then your response shows you are both uneducated and unenlightened.
Re: Amaechi Steps Out With Soldiers To Inspect Port Harcourt Airport After APC Clash by Evidora27: 6:09pm On May 15, 2018
clarocuzioo:

Oga it's been three years since Amaechi become the transport minister, how long did it take to renovate the Abuja airport? How long did it take Ambode to build Ajah bridge, Ikeja terminal and now Oshodi terminal? Please let us stop defending incompetence and politics of sentiments and bitterness for this country to move forward please.
You should read a trend before u comment...my comment was base on someone else’s comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose To Bride: My Son Won’t Cheat On You, You Have Flat Stomach, White Teeth / Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) / #endsars: Lagos Demolishes Community Whose Residents Saw Lekki Tollgate Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.