Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (19839 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / 10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Nikejah(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2018
Madera001 U are really a big blast
love ur chronicles big time
@more grease to ur typing fingertips
Abeg More update
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2018
THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS. IT'S LIKE A NEW SET OF ENERGY DRINKS HAS JUST BEEN POURED INTO MY SYSTEM. I'M MORE ENERGIZED AND ENCOURAGED NOW MORE THAN EVER. THANKS
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT

Just as I hung up and was already making my way to the door, kunle shouted at me ‘ode!’ It brought me to a halt. ‘you dey craze, why you go call me ode’ I fired back at him. He told me to come back, sit down and receive some sense. ‘guy don’t you know you might be walking into trap?’ the moment he said that it was like the thick veil wrapped around my brain has just been unwrapped, it was then I realize I need to sit and listen to him like he was King Solomon in the bible. He went further ‘how do you know they are not with a police officer right now and they are just trying to lure you into their nest just like the girl did last night?’ so I asked him ‘what do I do now?’ he told me to go to Akon (a police officer and also a street friend) at Iya ganku, narrate the whole story to him and if possible, carry him along. Kunle couldn’t follow me to the station because his case is still pending over there and Akon cannot make it go away. So we agreed that as soon as I’m through at iya ganku police station I will call Kunle to follow me to the hotel for the final showdown. What kunle didn’t know is I wasn’t planning on taking him to the hotel. I don’t want him thinking he can share the money with me. Once I collect my money I can just ‘find small thing’ for him out of it and that will be all. He cannot out smart me on my own money.

I got to the police station on this day and I was shocked about the amount of crowd at the station, you will think they are having a Wizkid and Davido concert all at once. The place was so jam packed that every single police officer was super busy. Akon was very engaged, he only managed to create time for me based on ‘padi’ level.

After narrating my ordeal to Akon, he scolded me and told me the implication of what I did, he also gave me hints and tips to follow next time I suspect an issue like that in order for me to be able to prosecute the person. He said the only way I can be free from any criminal charge is if the girl confessed to the crime.

Luckily for me, they called again, I guess their patience was running thin. Akon took the phone from me and spoke with them. He introduced himself to them as a Police officer and threatened them that if they did anything funny, they will have him to contend with. He couldn’t go to the hotel with me but suggested I invited them to the station so that all the transaction can go smoothly in his presence but I told him not to worry. I didn’t want to start paying one 10% or share any money with anyone.

After Akon’s conversation with them, my confidence level at this point cannot be measured by and measuring gauge. I felt like I could walk on water and not sink, like the terminator that cannot be destroyed by any gun.

I went straight to the hotel without bothering to call Kunle along. I just wanted to collect my N50, 000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) and flex like a yahoo boy who just got paid.

I was already thinking about what I’ll do to Belinda when I get to LUCKY, how I’m going to flex at Iya Bode’s bar, omo today is definitely going to be dope’.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by kayusdguy(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2018
Nice Story Madera001 ..... Keep it up
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by stevodot22(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2018
Nice story u've got here. Hope Taofeek won't fall victim again?
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by emperorblog(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2018
INTERESTING READ MORE COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by emperorblog(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2018
Madera001:
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT

Just as I hung up and was already making my way to the door, kunle shouted at me ‘ode!’ It brought me to a halt. ‘you dey craze, why you go call me ode’ I fired back at him. He told me to come back, sit down and receive some sense. ‘guy don’t you know you might be walking into trap?’ the moment he said that it was like the thick veil wrapped around my brain has just been unwrapped, it was then I realize I need to sit and listen to him like he was King Solomon in the bible. He went further ‘how do you know they are not with a police officer right now and they are just trying to lure you into their nest just like the girl did last night?’ so I asked him ‘what do I do now?’ he told me to go to Akon (a police officer and also a street friend) at Iya ganku, narrate the whole story to him and if possible, carry him along. Kunle couldn’t follow me to the station because his case is still pending over there and Akon cannot make it go away. So we agreed that as soon as I’m through at iya ganku police station I will call Kunle to follow me to the hotel for the final showdown. What kunle didn’t know is I wasn’t planning on taking him to the hotel. I don’t want him thinking he can share the money with me. Once I collect my money I can just ‘find small thing’ for him out of it and that will be all. He cannot out smart me on my own money.

I got to the police station on this day and I was shocked about the amount of crowd at the station, you will think they are having a Wizkid and Davido concert all at once. The place was so jam packed that every single police officer was super busy. Akon was very engaged, he only managed to create time for me based on ‘padi’ level.

After narrating my ordeal to Akon, he scolded me and told me the implication of what I did, he also gave me hints and tips to follow next time I suspect an issue like that in order for me to be able to prosecute the person. He said the only way I can be free from any criminal charge is if the girl confessed to the crime.

Luckily for me, they called again, I guess their patience was running thin. Akon took the phone from me and spoke with them. He introduced himself to them as a Police officer and threatened them that if they did anything funny, they will have him to contend with. He couldn’t go to the hotel with me but suggested I invited them to the station so that all the transaction can go smoothly in his presence but I told him not to worry. I didn’t want to start paying one 10% or share any money with anyone.

After Akon’s conversation with them, my confidence level at this point cannot be measured by and measuring gauge. I felt like I could walk on water and not sink, like the terminator that cannot be destroyed by any gun.

I went straight to the hotel without bothering to call Kunle along. I just wanted to collect my N50, 000 (Fifty Thousand Naira) and flex like a yahoo boy who just got paid.

I was already thinking about what I’ll do to Belinda when I get to LUCKY, how I’m going to flex at Iya Bode’s bar, omo today is definitely going to be dope’.

nice story dont u minf sharing ur story,to my blog sir
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 8:10am On May 30, 2018
Lol.......bros we go find out soon. But Taofik no dey hear word
stevodot22:
Nice story u've got here. Hope Taofeek won't fall victim again?
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Herdex(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2018
wow u really got talent in writing keep it up...waiting for d next update grin
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 8:05pm On May 31, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT continues..............

I got to the hotel. From outside I could already spot Peju’s car, I got to the lobby and they weren’t there. Just as I was about asking the receptionist I saw the boyfriend coming out of the rest room. ‘guy na you I dey look for, where you girlfriend?’ I asked. ‘Peju! Peju!!’ he shouted, but nobody responded, so he took me to the hotel bar just behind the lobby where they were already entertaining themselves.
They were so friendly, so welcoming, you will think what we came for was an old boys alumni re-union. They offered me drinks, food and all sorts of assorted meats on sale at the hotel all of which I turned down. ‘Yeye people, una wan use food and drinks put me for another one chance abi, ko jo!’ I thought to myself.

Seeing the way they were becoming friendly made me become suspicious. I observed everything and everyone moving around with close attention.

Kunle kept calling me, I guess Akon must have told him that I’ve already left his place, but I wasn’t ready to pick his call. All I want is to finish the deal then call him to meet me up at Iya Bode’s place.

They noticed my phone ring and Peju was like ‘awn awn! Bros is that your ring tone?’ in my mind I’m like ‘no it’s not my ring tone, it’s my sound track, foolish question!’. I didn’t say it out because I didn’t want to ruin the mood so I just nod. Then she said ‘bros I’ve been looking for that song for long, its an old song and I’ve been finding it hard to download.’ Actually my phone’s ring tone is ‘shayo’ by Bigiano and really, getting the original version of that song online may be hard sometimes so I can relate with what she was saying.. ‘that’s true’ I replied her.

At this point, after seeing that they really are not here to cause any trouble, I became a little bit relaxed and became chattier than I was when I first came in. I offered to help her get the ringtone on her phone (which was still with me) as soon as we are done. Then the real me surfaced again; I started bragging about having over one thousand songs on my phone, bragged about having the full albums of THE REMEDIES, PLANTASHUN BOYS and the likes. That was when I gave her my phone to scroll through and see for herself.

You might as well be asking why I gave my phone to her amidst all what is going on, what if she doesn’t give it back? But the truth is I don’t know why I did what I did. Maybe like I said earlier I became more relaxed and maybe a little too relaxed. As soon as she was done scrolling through my phone, she gave me back. You might say thank God for me abi? Ok.

The boy friend who has been busy pressing his phone and occasionally sipping his drink all this while suddenly found his voice; ‘erm bros abeg we want dey go oo, so how much you say make we pay you again and wetin be your account number?’ I said ‘na just fifty K, when you don ready to do the transfer, I go give you the account number but I must see the alert before handing over the phone’. That was when Peju cut in and she was like ‘that serves him right! He made me (the daughter of Femi Coker) go through all that stuff last night! In fact that serves him really right’. In my mind I was like ‘ehn! The daughter of Femi Coker ke! That rich Lagosian the deals in oil and gas!’ but on the outside I just smiled and shifted my attention to the boyfriend. ‘shey make I call the number for you?’ I asked and he nodded back as if giving me the go-ahead to call the number, so I did, I gave him all my bank details and he sent the money. Before you say Jack Robinson I received an alert. Gbagam! I was so happy! I only managed to hide my excitement. I immediately gave Peju her phone back without hesitation, no need holding on to the phone again.

As soon as I handed over the phone to Peju they both stood up simultaneously and without looking back gave some cash to the hotel attendant for their bill and drove off. As soon as they were out of sight I jumped up with a resounding ‘yes!’ finally my labor was not in vain.
I instantly put a call across to Kunle, Informing him of my victory over Peju and her boyfriend. Then I had a change of plan, instead of telling him to meet me at Iya Bode’s place I told him to come to the hotel. What I spent on Peju was in the region of 30k which means I still have a surplus of 20k. Good business.

Within 10 minutes, Kunle was at the hotel. We started the merriment and by the time we were done, we had incurred a token bill of five thousand naira. I reached for my wallet and gave the hotel attendant (a lady) my ATM card. She slotted it in their POS and after I confirmed my account status, she gave me the POS to type in my code, brothers and sisters lo and behold; the lady said I had an insufficient fund in my account! When she first said it, I told her it should be an error from her POS and that she should try again. She did. She tried it two more times all to no avail. I took the ATM card from her, asked Kunle to wait for me and I went to a nearby ATM center to check my account balance. The balance it gave me was N5,103.28, my previous balance before the 50k alert.

Like a child who has just been beaten by his peers I ran back to Kunle at the hotel. I could not fathom what was going on. ‘Kunle! Wan ti gba mi (I have been duped)!’ I screamed on getting to the hotel bar. ‘duped as how?’ he replied. I gave him my phone to check and see the alert I received for the 50k Peju’s boyfriend sent to me. He looked at it and asked ‘so what is now the problem’ and I told him that the only amount in my account as we speak was 5k plus which was my previous account balance.

The moment Kunle heard that, the first question he asked me was ’did you give them your phone?’ to which I said ‘yes’. ‘Taofik! Taofik!! Taofik!!! How you go give them your phone, wetin you dey think when you give them your phone?’ he screamed at me. I didn’t utter a single word I was just looking at him like a demi-god with both hands on my head, hoping that he will somehow find a way to bring back the money……….
Till this day, I’m still wondering what I did to my ancestors to deserve such a little brain for such an energetic guy like me.
The chronicle continues.
**************************************************************************************************
So guys here is a question I’m asking; what did you think Peju and her boyfriend did to Taofik’s phone to generate the fake alert?
I am also throwing this open to my readers: which tale should I tell next between
1) How Baba Kike caught Kunle and his daughter Kike or;
2) How Taofik got to know what was going on between Baba Kiki and his Landlady

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by stevodot22(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2018
Taofik falls my hand, he is always at the receiving end. You can update us on his Taofik got to know the secret affair between Baba kiki and landlady. ;
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by koligns: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2018
Next episode bros
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by kayusdguy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
Madera001:
Lol.......bros we go find out soon. But Taofik no dey hear word
Nice story bros. But you said this is going to be the last episode for this story
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bro if you take a look at the trend of the story, you will realize that it is a series. If I want to the series can last a life time. We started from The Miracle Mistress, then to Bank Alert. So now I,m asking readers which of these two stories in should write on
1. How Baba kike caught kunle and his daughter
2. How Taofiik found out about what Baba Kike and his Landlady are having
kayusdguy:

Nice story bros. But you said this is going to be the last episode for this story
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by kayusdguy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
Madera001:
Bro if you take a look at the trend of the story, you will realize that it is a series. If I want to the series can last a life time. We started from The Miracle Mistress, then to Bank Alert. So now I,m asking readers which of these two stories in should write on
1. How Baba Like caught Linked and his daughter
2. How Taofiik found out about what Baba Kike and his Landlady are having
Write about how the guy got his revenge on the girl and her boyfriend that duped him, at least his friend must have a way of getting back to those people.
Or you can just put it that taofik met the girl again and she needs help - something like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by dammyd46(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Madera001:
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - BANK ALERT continues..............

So guys here is a question I’m asking; what did you think Peju and her boyfriend did to Taofik’s phone to generate the fake alert?

That was very easy for peju all she did was to save her boyfriend's number as his bank name on Taofik’s phone when she borrowed it then her boyfriend edited a bank alert and they sent it to him.

3 Likes

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by daviesblaze(m): 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
taofik update na
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by bimberry1307(f): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is hilarious, bros Abeg continue.

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Ann2012(f): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Taofik no dey hear word ooo, sorry

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA is coming soon. Watch Out!!!

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by oye9ja(m): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
more.

Update please.
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by papadenzel(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bros...oya top am na....talk d alert...den kunke and kiki own...make did story no die o...
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by oye9ja(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
When the update go comot Nau? cool
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by tu9ic3(m): 12:50am On Jun 27, 2018
this year, next year or never in olamide's voice grin grin grin Osheeeeee
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
When reading the story just imagine a young man with a very thick Yoruba accent narrating the story.

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2018
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA is now ready, but I have noticed the low number of comments on this particular story. So I'm holding it off until my comment pages gets to the 4th. Until then, ire oo

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by diaryOfpersius(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
Oga u leave us for suspence run..... Wattin you is want make well commented
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by MightyFortress: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
Good writing... Excellent storytelling

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by Madera001(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
Thanks
MightyFortress:
Good writing... Excellent storytelling
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by oloyedprince1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
excellent bro
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by frbona: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Madera001:
THE CHRONICLES OF TAOFIK SHAKITIBOBO - WAKA WAKA is now ready, but I have noticed the low number of comments on this particular story. So I'm holding it off until my comment pages gets to the 4th. Until then, ire oo
guy no make me vex o!!!!!!
Come and complete this story before I loose my temper on you!
Whc one be 4th pages
Re: The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo by YINKS89(m): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Why now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Amaka The Lesbian 18+ / Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.