Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (97836 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 11, 2019
tyson98:
I think her ancestors are mad from her write up,she's there saying trash why she no come home if it's hard,since 4 days now no light in sagamu

Many of you here are just illiterates. The lady is saying the truth that is hard for people to understand. Yet you insult her.

7 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 11, 2019
Riversides2003:

Op is talking pooooo.Canada is a land of opportunities I swear. If u are lucky to get a resident visa not as a refugee, you will eat the good of the land. Maybe op na asylum seeker.

Where do you live?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 11, 2019
johnnyvid:
so tell me the amount of money an average Canadian immigrants save in a year. explain more. thanks.

Some of you are just naive. The op posts are true and that guy was right. Many Canadians cannot save $4000 in a year. He knows better but you will argue. That is why I do not tell people anything. Travel to Canada yourself and suffer. Experience is best teacher.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 11, 2019
rafcrown:
Highly Jobs in-Demand in Canada 2018
The following is a list of in-Demand jobs or occupations in Canada. These have been categorised into 3 sub-categories as per the NOC or National Occupations Classifications list – Categories O, A and B. Out of these, Category O or management jobs have the greatest demand in Canada right now. So, if you have a Master’s degree in Business Administration and have at last 1 year of working experience, you can apply for immigration to Canada through the OiD stream and may just land yourself the job of a lifetime! If your particular profession or vocation falls into any of these categories, then you have a good chance of moving to Canada without a job offer.

0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
0111 Financial managers
0112 Human resources managers
0113 Purchasing managers
0114 Other administrative services managers
0121 Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers
0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
0125 Other business services managers
0131 Telecommunication carriers managers
0132 Postal and courier services managers
0211 Engineering managers
0212 Architecture and science managers
0213 Computer and information systems managers
0311 Managers in health care
0411 Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration
0412 Government managers – economic analysis, policy development and program administration
0413 Government managers – education policy development and program administration
0414 Other managers in public administration
0421 Administrators – post-secondary education and vocational training
0422 School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education
0423 Managers in social, community and correctional services
0431 Commissioned police officers
0432 Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers
0433 Commissioned officers of the Canadian Forces
0511 Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers
0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
0513 Recreation, sports and fitness program

Smh. Sorry for you. Nigerians never listen.

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by DexterousOne(m): 6:47am On Oct 11, 2019
NuclearBomber:

Some of you are just naive. The op posts are true and that guy was right. Many Canadians cannot save $4000 in a year. He knows better but you will argue. That is why I do not tell people anything. Travel to Canada yourself and suffer. Experience is best teacher.

What is the % of Nigerians that have up to 500k as savings?

If you don't know, lemme tell you

2%

So Canadians not having up to 4k in saving is no big deal really

No matter how Canada be
You still have a better shot at succeeding there
Than in that failed, mismanAged, sinking dump called Nigeria

#JustSaying

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by timesup234: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2019
DexterousOne:

What is the % of Nigerians that have up to 500k as savings?

If you don't know, lemme tell you

2%

So Canadians not having up to 4k in saving is no big deal really

No matter how Canada be
You still have a better shot at succeeding there
Than in that failed, mismanAged, sinking dump called Nigeria

#JustSaying
You are a clown and a proud one for the matter. Over 50million Nigeria which is more than the total population of Canada have over 500k in their account. Just because you choose to be a lazy youth doesnt mean people are not making things happen. Link up with the right people to change your mindset and financial status. Even buka food people get one million they save in less than four months

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by felixzo1(m): 8:13am On Oct 11, 2019
timesup234:
You are a clown and a proud one for the matter. Over 50million Nigeria which is more than the total population of Canada have over 500k in their account. Just because you choose to be a lazy youth doesnt mean people are not making things happen. Link up with the right people to change your mindset and financial status. Even buka food people get one million they save in less than four months
buka people in this Nigeria or another Nigeria, please I want to come to your Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by DexterousOne(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2019
timesup234:

I watched a LIVE SESSION with the DG of NDIC

And he said it live and direct to the N/Assembly that only 2% of depositors in NIGERIA have over 500k

He was there to justify the insurance cap on deposits in Nigeria

And you are here telling me 50m Nigerians

Lmao
You are funny

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by AngelicBeing: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2019
DexterousOne:

I watched a LIVE SESSION with the DG of NDIC

And he said it live and direct to the N/Assembly that only 2% of depositors in NIGERIA have over 500k

He was there to justify the insurance cap on deposits in Nigeria

And you are here telling me 50m Nigerians

Lmao
You are funny
Gbam cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Influential101: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
timesup234:
Sometimes I wonder where you get your statistics/information from.. abi you just make up stuffs and comment? ?

Even if you want to defend Nigeria, do so with true facts..

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by iiiyyyk(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
timesup234:

Why do u spew rubbish on public forum. U must be a very irresponsible person.
50m is about 25% of Nigeria. That means 1 in every 4 Nigeria have 500k savings with their 18k min wage.... . Lol fear God small.

6 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Engr2000: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
NuclearBomber:

I agree with this post...

But also remember, many household in Canada have a mortgage with average payment of $1,500 per month, that's $18,000 per annum. That's an equity of around #5m. How many Nigerians can save #5m in a year?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
same your wife.
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
Engr2000:

I agree with this post...

But also remember, many household in Canada have a mortgage with average payment of $1,500 per month, that's $18,000 per annum. That's an equity of around #5m. How many Nigerians can save #5m in a year?

We are in trouble in this country. Many Nigerians do not reason well. You cannot be converting currencies when comparing salary/living in two countries. There they earn dollars and spend in dollars. Here, we earn naira and spend in naira. You cannot convert in Canada and compare to Nigeria. smh. I find it hard commenting on this forum my goodness. Nigerians can sell their fortune or leave decent jobs to run to Canada, that is their problem. But many here who did that are full of regret. I will not tell you not to come. I will just keep quiet. The lady who tweeted said all Truth. Read her tweet and wise up. Wetin consin me? Hey, I am currently abroad, so do not argue what you do not know.

10 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Saintp(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Why will this stupid argument ever end on nairaland? Una no dey tire?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
NuclearBomber:

We are in trouble in this country. Many Nigerians do not reason well. [b]You cannot be converting currencies when comparing salary/living in two countries. [/b]There they earn dollars and spend in dollars. Here, we earn naira and spend in naira. You cannot convert in Canada and compare to Nigeria. smh. I find it hard commenting on this forum my goodness. Nigerians can sell their fortune or leave decent jobs to run to Canada, that is their problem. But many here who did that are full of regret. I will not tell you not to come. I will just keep quiet. The lady who tweeted said all Truth. Read her tweet and wise up. Wetin consin me? Hey, I am currently abroad, so do not argue what you do not know.

Gbam
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Ologunsunny: 4:10am On Oct 12, 2019
So because you are earning in dollars now, if you want to send money home, you will not convert it, Nigeria is a poor nation, if you are to make it big the odd are little unlike traveling out to places like USA and Canada, those people complaining that the place is bad are either unlucky or entered illegal in which they are restricted of many things, what did you expect them to say before
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by OgieAM: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
Dear all,

I am currently leading a major study with the Africa Polling Institute (https://africapolling.org/) on Nigerians migrating to Canada for work and study and would like your help to complete this questionnaire: https:///gR_jvM7.
It takes only 5 minutes to complete and the information would only be used for research purposes. Kindly help us share to platforms of Nigerians residing in Canada and those who might be planning to move to Canada (or elsewhere). Thanking you in anticipation.

With best regards.
Anointing Ogie
#CanadaRush #Research #Nigeria #Migration
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Engr2000: 1:52am On Oct 13, 2019
NuclearBomber:

We are in trouble in this country. Many Nigerians do not reason well. You cannot be converting currencies when comparing salary/living in two countries. There they earn dollars and spend in dollars. Here, we earn naira and spend in naira. You cannot convert in Canada and compare to Nigeria. smh. I find it hard commenting on this forum my goodness. Nigerians can sell their fortune or leave decent jobs to run to Canada, that is their problem. But many here who did that are full of regret. I will not tell you not to come. I will just keep quiet. The lady who tweeted said all Truth. Read her tweet and wise up. Wetin consin me? Hey, I am currently abroad, so do not argue what you do not know.

You said you are abroad and you lack courtesy...

People like you are the one claiming asylum in Canada and always complaining the land did not favour you....

You should be refined by now...
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Victor8st: 2:02pm On May 15, 2020
I think like this we can speak not just about Canada but even about every country that is new for you when you move in. I do agree that you have to check out everything about the country where you want to move but it doesn't mean that this will make your moving and accommodation easier. If you want to find out about it just go there on a short journey. Use an online guide and plan your trip property and like this, you will be focused on the specific things that you can find out just being there and not reading on the internet. Good luck!
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by madness007(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2020
Victor8st:
I think like this we can speak not just about Canada but even about every country that is new for you when you move in. I do agree that you have to check out everything about the country where you want to move but it doesn't mean that this will make your moving and accommodation easier. If you want to find out about it just go there on a short journey. Use an online guide and plan your trip property and like this, you will be focused on the specific things that you can find out just being there and not reading on the internet. Good luck!
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Staphylococcus: 11:14pm On May 16, 2020
Canada is just one big country with the inhabitants of Lagos state. A country with a population of 38 million has limited opportunities for foreigners.

Thats just the bitter truth compiled with harsh weather.

Morale of the story is that, If you doing well in Nigeria, rethink before moving to Canada. Some online reports have it that the Express Entry is just an extortion program as immigrants are welcomed with the disappointments on the long-run.

In as much as this cant be said for all cases, it constitutes the bulk.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by steroid: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please come to Canada if you can. Ignore anyone discouraging people from progressing and making solid plans for their lives. Why should you discourage people from going to where you have gone to, simply because you failed or think you failed. Canada is a land of opportunities. I believe with hard work and God on your side, you will succeed. Read what John Zibiri wrote about Nigeria.

"I worked and lived in Abuja for 18 years. I ran my own private company from 2001 until 2014.

Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.

Everything is wrong with Nigeria.

The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .

The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage.

The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball.
The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with.
If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal.
If you try to stand in their way, you put your life at risk.

If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.

The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same.
Even the religious circle is not spared.

Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption.
Nobody cares about anybody. No law and order.
I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money.
I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN. The system don't care about my qualifications.

Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills.
I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work is rewarding?
When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.

Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family.
Don't put yourself in harm way for any reason.
The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.

Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish.
Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .

You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything.
Let those under the hammer start the revolution."

9 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Well, this is basically the experience in other countries as well. It is never the green land you envisioned it to be but you have to make way for yourself. Life abroad in general is tough, especially for an African. It is still not enough to discourage people in Nigeria from traveling. A honest warning is good though.

You should also know that a lot of Africans don’t like to change cities. They’d rather stay in that city that is offering them nothing and keep complaining. Instead of relocating to find opportunities else where.
Canada is a big country with a stable economy and so is Germany, UK, France, US, etc. but everybody wants to live in London, Berlin, Paris, Montreal, Toronto and keep complaining.

Yes bigger cities offer better opportunities but not everybody will succeed in a big city. Follow your path and don’t be a humpty dumpty.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by simpledoty(m): 2:45am On Jan 04, 2021
Trustme2:
The current unemployment rates for each province/territory, in addition to the national unemployment rate, do not take into account the
labour shortages that will occur due to Canada's low birth rate and aging population.
The summer of 2020 will see the unemployment rate in Canada drop to nearly zero percent as young workers entering the workforce fail to keep up with the elderly workers retiring by the thousands. Ontario, for example, will see 190,000 job positions go unfilled.[11] Canada will have as many as 1.8 million jobs without the right quality of people to apply for them by 2030.
This will put Canada in a "severe labour shortage" situations; and desperate measures like hiring foreign workers for one year at a time and re-educating unskilled workers into skilled workers will be the agenda for most companies during this era. [12]
( I SAW THIS SOMEWHERE AND decided TO SHARE)

understand how patriotic you are and how you believe staying in Nigeria and setting up your own business with money, becoming a landlord, etc. is better than being abroad, that is fine. It's clear where your priorities lie and what you see as a fulfilled life. To each his own.

Without being condescending, it seems you have absolutely NO idea why people seek greener pastures to developed countries. You converted 8k euros to 4m Naira and because it's in millions, you think it's a fortune? Not everyone wants to be a landlord in Ikorodu, Epe or Sango (No disrespect to people who live there). 

Nigeria is a failed state. Do you know how many death-traps they import into Nigeria as salvaged cars that people drive on the roads? Do you know how many illegal drugs are on the market because the "owners" bribed their way through the agencies supposed to control these? God forbid your daughter goes to a rich man's son's house, gets raped and you want justice. 

Which land can 4m Naira buy? Lol. How many Old people are suffering because there is no system in place for them for life after retirement? That's even if they lived a worthy life before retirement. The state of unhealthy foods in Nigerian restaurants with no regulations in place? The smoke you inhale every day from horrible buses and cars that should never be on the roads!

My God, if we start talking about reasons to leave Nigeria, I'll be 95 before I stop. What business if I may ask can you set up in Nigeria with 4m Naira? (Please don't talk about open a sports betting shop/importing goods from dubai, selling oil, rice, garri and those 16th century business ideas). Do you know how many people have invested and failed, with customers owing them all over? You can't even track a customer down, sue to court to get your money back, etc. 

You shouldn't compare a working system to a non-existent system. I'd choose life here in the U.S with NO savings but a roof over my head in a rented apartment, my kids in school, food on my table, etc., over living in even Lekki as a landlord and being at the mercy of a failed country and leaders. 

Good lord, educate yourself! Do you know it's illegal for your kids to not go to school? The average American kid goes to school!!! Can read AND write. You constantly have to prove you're fit to be a parent else you lose custody of your kids. How many kids are in Makoko, suffering and have no idea what the future holds? 

Don't get me started. "People are overseas for 20 years but don't have even a room here" . How is this a yardstick to measure a fulfilled life? Some people in Nigeria have never even seen a dishwasher/washer/drier before. Many think using them is "Lazy", haha... basic things that make life easy. I'll just leave you to your mindset.

Again, your reasons for deciding to stay is best known to you. Don't let blind patriotism cloud your good judgment. 

Finally, you have absolutely no clue how WORTHLESS the Nigerian passport is. As they always say, a good name is better than gold and silver. Get into a fight with any Foreigner (American/European for example) in that Nigeria of yours and let your police judge the matter. You'll know how useless the country is. (Copied)

At 40, is it late to relocate to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by donmaxman: 4:50am On Jan 04, 2021
Please don't mind this lady ! I relocated Canada in 2018 and I have had no regrets. I was earning over 800K/ Monthly in Nigeria before leaving Nigeria and I am very happy for the decision. It was worth about 3076 cad now the same money is worth only about 2200 Cad. Lesson Learnt - Building your future and investment in Nigeria Naira is the worst mistake anyone can do. I wish I moved to Canada long time ago …. I would have achieved so much more and acquired greater wealth ! I am yet to see any Nigerian begging for money in Canada... or serious about going back to Nigeria permanently . The only people that go back are those that get work with the multinational oil companies in Nigeria and they get their Canadian passports first or leave their families here. Things may be difficult at first in Canada, but the system here supports you till you stand on your feet. You can work for as long as possible and earn good money legitimately . You regain your sanity and your primary focus would be to earn money because every other thing is in place. Once you get your Canadian Passport your global horizon increases. There are global opportunities for business and jobs every where in the world. What is critical is the right education, training, exposure and connections which Canada offers you. Nigerian system is designed to favor mediocrity and tribalism and I am very sure with this system embedded in Nigeria, things may get worse in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by Exceed15: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes, the beginning is always hard but if one plans one's life well abroad, the migration will worth the while later on.

The type of visa and most especially the type of host often determine the length of hard times though. Before migrating, make sure someone is waiting to receive and put you through things.

For me, leaving Nigeria was one best decision I've ever taken in my life.

Wow so happy for you
Re: Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein by tobby20: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2023
HeWrites:

Lol, Ain't staying there permanently, Just for study then ama relocate to US
bastard you never even go you don Dey use ain’t

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.