Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival (14445 Views)

Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by oyetunder(m): 6:36am On May 07, 2018
Haniel18:

So Halloween isn't a new York or America festival, am an Igbo and I don't see anything wrong in it, every country has its own unique festival so stop comparing Nigeria with others and stop worshipping the whites.
I may nt even go out on dat day because am nt a member
but behind these oro are secret human sacrifices. Do you know that Ikorodu is one of the top domains where people just disappear due to the activities of fetish people?

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Mynd44: 6:38am On May 07, 2018
yeyerolling:
Arrant bullshit. Freedom of movement is enshrined in the constitution
Your constitution was built on the cultures and traditions of the various people in Nigeria. This has the backing of government but it is not by force.

You are free to go to Ikorodu tomorrow to exercise that right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Sampalo: 6:39am On May 07, 2018
Go back to your state if you can't stand the cultural heritage of the people who owns the land. Nah by force?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Mynd44: 6:39am On May 07, 2018
oyetunder:
kiss you see. Freeze wont talk now. No wonder shrines are all over our mega city junctions without C of O. Mega City of Oro-ologists. Ikorodu and Oro...one will thing oro originated from them. Lazy Youths.
When was the last time you condemed the prolifiration of churches everywhere?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by diportivo: 6:40am On May 07, 2018
thoollz:
Imagine, no wonder that particular place is backward. Badoo killings, rituals, no good development. SMH.

are u an ikorodu indigene

are u an ikorodu resident?

are u affected in anyway by this festival?

why then are u pained?

those of us from ikorodu are not complaining undecided

u talk abt Badoo....it was conquered and ikorodu didn't run to the federal govt like Benue and co are doing

what exactly is ur point?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Mynd44: 6:40am On May 07, 2018
oyetunder:
but behind these oro are secret human sacrifices. Do you know that Ikorodu is one of the top domains where people just disappear due to the activities of fetish people?

Do you have evidence to prove these claims?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by israelmao(m): 6:41am On May 07, 2018
This terrority must be taken for Jesus!
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by worldman(m): 6:41am On May 07, 2018
tayebest:
what will happen if someone go outside? Will someone die? undecided
ask Google

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by vchykp(m): 6:42am On May 07, 2018
givan:
Lagos is a city of multiple ethnicity. No group can impose their barbaric culture on it entire populace.

Nobody pay my bills, why obey such monopolistic rule?!

How many times has the Igbo, Ijaw or Hausa shutdown Lagos for there individual festival?!

Wake up.. its morning already!
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 6:44am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:

Your constitution was built on the cultures and traditions of the various people in Nigeria. This has the backing of government but it is not by force.

i love my skull,heart and preek grin

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by alenwup(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2018
You can imagine, in Lagos! The Government is just forcing Ikorodu to develop by force. Places like Igbogbo Otano, Ebute are horrible zones

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 6:51am On May 07, 2018
I am Yoruba

I have witnessed an oro festival in Ibadan around 2006 back in my secondary school days.

My mom and sisters who came to pick me from school had to abandon the car and run into a Gas station to hide.

The proper time for this oro should be in the night jare not afternoon

I just hope some non-yorubas won't dear them, those people are deadly

3 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by IJOBA2: 6:52am On May 07, 2018
pode:
Lagos In this generation, God forbid
IKORODU NOR BE LAGOS NA
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by ikorodureporta: 6:54am On May 07, 2018
Giv 2 caeser crew undecided may 8.....5+8=13 cobrethren undecided
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by phrankchek(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2018
Abeg this Mynd44 guy Na you be PR Officer of the festival. The way you dey tasis people on top the matter ehh. Or are you one of the initiates?

Anyway, you need to understand people's point. Imagine it was VI or Lekki or even CBD at Marina you shut down a full working day or restrict people's movement to earn their daily bread just because of some festival?? It's even somewhat backward cos most people now open up their cultural stuff to show foreigners the beauty imbedded in it.

But showing how fetish the culture (or festival in this case) is now in the 21st century is a turn off sha. It doesn't actually help the "Ikorodu brand"

3 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by LordIsaac(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:

Then he'd learn the limitations of that constitution as he may die for nothing !

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by HeWrites(m): 6:56am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:
Try it. Go with an hidden camera. We will learn from your experience
grin
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 6:56am On May 07, 2018
Sorry which village are you from
alenwup:
You can imagine, in Lagos! The Government is just forcing Ikorodu to develop by force. Places like Igbogbo Otano, Ebute are horrible zones
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Holluwaphlexy(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2018
givan:
Lagos is a city of multiple ethnicity. No group can impose their barbaric culture on it entire populace.

How many times has the Igbo, Ijaw or Hausa shutdown Lagos for there individual festival?!

who was there when you were typing this poo and didn't. Stop you cuz the last time i checked lagos still remain in south west which you can never change ....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Mynd44: 6:59am On May 07, 2018
phrankchek:
Abeg this Mynd44 guy Na you be PR Officer of the festival. The way you dey tasis people on top the matter ehh. Or are you one of the initiates?

Anyway, you need to understand people's point. Imagine it was VI or Lekki or even CBD at Marina you shut down a full working day or restrict people's movement to earn their daily bread just because of some festival?? It's even somewhat backward cos most people now open up their cultural stuff to show foreigners the beauty imbedded in it.

But showing how fetish the culture (or festival in this case) is now in the 21st century is a turn off sha. It doesn't actually help the "Ikorodu brand"

Spare me the talk.

Elegusi estate which is one of the most expensive in Lagos do theirs for an entire week and they have crazy limitations.

No generators, no outside lights, no movement after 10pm etc. It is not an Ikorodu thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by mamaafrik(m): 7:00am On May 07, 2018
aiwoooooo,owopi oku pi,allow of you taking fulfude it'z our culture,you can choose to be stubborn ya knw.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Holluwaphlexy(m): 7:01am On May 07, 2018
phrankchek:

I'm actually not a traditonalist but never write off traditon you never can tell .... Just my own cup of garri oo��
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by stevejomo(m): 7:01am On May 07, 2018
backward
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by xreal: 7:01am On May 07, 2018
givan:

Ask your teacher.
You will be told that Lagos is owned by Yoruba's.

Don't let anyone deceive you by saying "Lagos is no man's land."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by akdjr(m): 7:03am On May 07, 2018
That means Christianity and Islam should also be forgotten. Guy try visit Jerusalem as a pilgrim you will know better that u are a slave to foreign tradition.
Oritzy:
In a city like Lagos? Haba maka why nw
All these things done reign go joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by xaggar(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2018
Nonsence!

What's the gain?
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by obinnamichael: 7:05am On May 07, 2018
every country practices it so why would you guys want to paint Lagos black and blue

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by doyinbaby(f): 7:06am On May 07, 2018
I am a Christian but I admonish all Christians to stay inside their homes.....avoid the oroooo people.... they are usually dangerous..........Bible a wise man sees evil and hideth himself,

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by phrankchek(m): 7:08am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:

Spare me the talk.

Elegusi estate which is one of the most expensive in Lagos do theirs for an entire week and they have crazy limitations.

No generators, no outside lights, no movement after 10pm etc. It is not an Ikorodu thing.

After 10pm is understandable naa. Even in my area I think is no movement after 11pm... But a full day? Haba!

As PR Officer of the festival you may have to reason with your colleagues... Wait... Wetin even concern me? Make una dey do una thing sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) / New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts / How Emir Sanusi Squandered N3.4b, By Kano Anti-graft Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.