Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival (14431 Views)

Oro Festival In Ikorodu: Lagos Community Warns Females To Stay Indoors May 16 / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by alenwup(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2018
sodiksan:
Sorry which village are you from
Stay here and ask questions instead of you to go home and educate the illiterates
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by phrankchek(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=Holluwaphlexy post=67345246][/quote]

Come on. Read again... I mean culture and tradition should be more accommodating as time changes...not abolish it. Like package your tradition Abi culture in a way foreigners can even love it, appreciate it and even participate in it. That's the beauty of growth.

It's just like... Let's use Halloween as example... We're alien to it but you get to see the fascinating costume.. the creative concepts and all the frenzy and now some Africans are trying to copy the Halloween idea.

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2018
dmltoyin:
Lagos is a Yoruba land. Respect the culture, it's not like you have a choice. All tribes with their respective cultures
please bros with all due respect dont say that again,lagos is never a yoruba land and it will never be a yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Darayola(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2018
Are those groups you mentioned Lagosians? Those groups dare not try that shit of shutting down Lagos because of festival. This is not their land. This is a Lagos Tradition. You have been warned and advised earlier. If you dont like it, go back to your land? Simple.
givan:
Lagos is a city of multiple ethnicity. No group can impose their barbaric culture on it entire populace.

Nobody pay my bills, why obey such monopolistic rule?!

How many times has the Igbo, Ijaw or Hausa shutdown Lagos for there individual festival?!

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by dmltoyin(m): 7:27am On May 07, 2018
columbus007:
please bros with all due respect dont say that again,lagos is never a yoruba land and it will never be a yoruba land.
with all due respect sir, whose land is it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 7:28am On May 07, 2018
I need to know the name of your village before dignifying you with a response.
alenwup:
Stay here and ask questions instead of you to go home and educate the illiterates
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Haywhysat: 7:28am On May 07, 2018
columbus007:
so na igbo land abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 7:30am On May 07, 2018
columbus007:

Bros, Stay away from drug

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by badesco(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2018
It seems some people are still in the old days. Tradition or religion should not interfere with personal.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by vertueptime: 7:38am On May 07, 2018
What of female police or traffic wardens?
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by LaExpert: 7:41am On May 07, 2018
givan:
Lagos is a city of multiple ethnicity. No group can impose their barbaric culture on it entire populace.

How many times has the Igbo, Ijaw or Hausa shutdown Lagos for there individual festival?!

Hausa's won't hold their festival in Anambra. Likewise, Igbos won't hold festivals in Yoruba land.

You may choose to go out if you so desire... at your own risk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by LaExpert: 7:44am On May 07, 2018
columbus007:

Yes, we know Lagos is Igbo land.

Let Igbos try to hold a festival and restrict movement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Spongia1(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2018
diportivo:

are u an ikorodu indigene

are u an ikorodu resident?

are u affected in anyway by this festival?

why then are u pained?

those of us from ikorodu are not complaining undecided

u talk abt Badoo....it was conquered and ikorodu didn't run to the federal govt like Benue and co are doing

what exactly is ur point?

You were making sense until you used the lives of innocent Benue people to drive home your point. People are losing lives. That it doesn't concern you doesn't mean you should make mockery of them.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by oyetunder(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:

When was the last time you condemed the prolifiration of churches everywhere?
Why should I? would I rather want club houses everywhere? Contrary to what you people think, do u know churches contributes billions to the economy of this country yearly? It was last year that the federal Government told us that Synagogue church alone add 60 billion to the economy yearly thru the foreigners coming to worship therein.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2018
Look up the thread from page 1. people trying hard to sound "civil" thereby abusing their forefathers' "ignorant" way of life(Culture)

These are the last practices that bind us with the old, our ancestors.
We should be proud but No.

what a shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by diportivo: 7:53am On May 07, 2018
Spongia1:

You were making sense until you used the lives of innocent Benue people to drive home your point. People are losing lives. That it doesn't concern you doesn't mean you should make mockery of them.

my brother

I'm sorry if I sounded insensitive....that wasn't my intention

my heart bleeds for Benue and it always will till a lasting solution is found

please accept my apology

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Cowbuhari: 8:00am On May 07, 2018
its quite unfortunate say na wen i enter ikorodu 2 cme see my niggarz na im diz rubbish human sacrifice festival wan start ehhh
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 8:06am On May 07, 2018
I see some people don’t see god f*cking Mary and making her pregnant. On the day he was born 3 anonymous Nigga show up with gift. Or his crucifixion as dangerous and to say this stupid events are given holiday also.

Or is it Muhammad that makes you fast till we finally see d moon that’s if d moon feels like show up. Or when he is killed and raise again also

These show of stupidity attracts holidays too making business to close oh

If you don’t tolerate African Traditional religion den your Middle East religion doesn’t deserve it

Keep you preaching to your self

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 8:06am On May 07, 2018
Ehn go out now na so una go dey form mumu right upandan. If ure nt happy with the indigenes practising their culture why not relocate.
givan:

2 Likes

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by xakjustice(m): 8:12am On May 07, 2018
]what will happen if someone go outside? Will someone die?

Kindly give it a test and u will get the result
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2018
talk2percy:
Really, is that not a woman that I am seeing at the back dancing and all smiles?? Come on, unu kwusi that nonsense!

That woman at the back belongs. How are we sure this pic is that the Oro cult in Ikorodu?
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by oyinboi: 8:26am On May 07, 2018
Ask Google Hu dey live dey nw mumu,if dem check unna culture nw he go poor die #crafteck#
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by ollah2: 8:29am On May 07, 2018
Mynd44:

From China to Japan to India, they have cultures and festivals that are cultural and you have to obey. Saying "these things are of the past" is the best way to lose your culture, tradition and identity as humans

Honestly, I was scrolling through reading messages from braindead folks and waiting for someone to keep them shut and here you are. Thanks for doing just that, many Nigerians are brainwashed and inferiority complex have killed them.

Our very own identities are dying and tagged ancient. I wish j could rule this country, rehabilitation centres ought to be built to enlighten the masses to the grrassroot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nobody: 8:34am On May 07, 2018
what kinda Rubbish is this?
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by ollah2: 8:36am On May 07, 2018
columbus007:

I quite agree with you but i'm on the minority, goto Mushin and say this or just hold a placard with the words written on it. This will help spread the message

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2018
dmltoyin:
this place bros its full of migrants from different part of the west.lagos is a multi-ethic state.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2018
dmltoyin:
bros this place is full of migrant most especially from the west,so i dont think its enough to now begin to call lagos a yoruba state bros, we all know that lagos its on its own thereby a multi-ethic state.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2018
Haywhysat:
so na igbo land abi?
no bros,its a multi ethic state like i said on the previous mention.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2018
sodiksan:

Bros, Stay away from drug
omo oba,i dont do drugs,this is very simple and we shldnt be arguing over and over again,it's been said.
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by columbus007(m): 9:06am On May 07, 2018
ollah2:

I quite agree with you but i'm on the minority, goto Mushin and say this or just hold a placard with the words written on it. This will help spread the message
LOl,most of the people leaving there are all miscrants so i will be faced with confusion and dis-agreement.

1 Like

Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Dredgemaster(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2018
givan:

don't Igbos, Ijaws Or Hausas have their own traditions in their regions?
Re: Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival by Nuelmatic: 9:56am On May 07, 2018
We are all hypocrites in this part of the world. Do we have dual laws in a country? how can a set of persons restrict other peoples movement in a city like Lagos. if this is done in villages, we will forgive their ignorance but not a city like Lagos that suspended Saturdays environmental sanitations to boost productivity of residents to allow this nonsense to stand.

I even heard if a lady is caught, she is killed. how can we allow this to stand? Where are the feminist? this is a fight you should pick up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebe Awon Agba Ti Eniyan Mafi Nri Aye Se Ni Irorun Lori Oun Gbogbo Taba Fe See / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) / New Oba Of Benin 7th Virgin Wife Crowned Queen, 1st 3wives To Live As Outcasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.